LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Helicopter Crash Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 13, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Final Report on Helicopter Crash That Killed 17 ]
St. John's, Newfoundland The investigation into a serious helicopter crash that took 17 lives in March of 2009 off the coast of Newfoundland has been put to bed with the release of a final report by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Not only is the NTSB calling upon the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to implement new rules with regard to helicopter mechanical safety and flights over bodies of water, but it also appears as if the blame for the crash lay squarely with the manufacturer.
January 17, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Two Injured in Texas Helicopter Crash ]
Hemphill, TX Two men were recently injured in a small helicopter crash into a shallow part of the Toledo Bend Reservoir in Texas, KWTX.com reports.
December 16, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawsuit Filed Following Tragic Helicopter Crash ]
District Heights, MD A lawsuit has been filed following a 2008 helicopter crash in which four people died. Two other lawsuits have also been filed against the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) related to that helicopter accident.
November 16, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Helicopter Crash Kills One, Injures Three ]
Lead Mine, WV To quote a favorite Glen Campbell song, he was a "lineman for the county." But he didn't drive the main road, he flew above it. Sadly, Gary L. Bland will fly no more following his death in a helicopter crash the day before Halloween in Tucker County, West Virginia.
October 12, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Proposed Changes to Helicopter Safety Rules ]
Newark, NJ Following recent helicopter crashes, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has proposed safety changes to helicopter regulations. Those proposed changes include stricter rules for medical helicopters after a rash of helicopter accidents involving medical carriers. According to the FAA, between the mid-1990s through 2009, more than 200 people have died in helicopter crashes that involved either commercial or medical helicopters.
September 16, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Idaho Helicopter Crash Claims Three Lives ]
Kamiah, Idaho A recent helicopter crash in Idaho claimed the lives of two biologists and the craft's pilot.
August 13, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Second Helicopter Crash Victim Identified in Georgia Accident ]
Jupiter, FL A helicopter crash that took two lives on or about August 2nd continues to foster mystery even after the second individual killed in the helicopter accident was identified. Shelley Zapototsky, a registered nurse, was identified by authorities in Georgia as the second victim of last week's crash of a 2006 R44 Robinson helicopter owned and piloted by Adam Reeves.
July 8, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Man Dies in Experimental Helicopter Crash ]
Titusville, FL A Florida man was killed in a helicopter crash when his experimental aircraft went down behind a supermarket.
June 8, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Court of Appeal Limits Impact of Federal Statute of Repose ]
Sacramento, CA A court of appeal has limited the federal statue of repose in its ruling in a helicopter crash lawsuit. The federal statute of repose protects aircraft manufacturers from product liability lawsuits if a defective aircraft or aircraft part is more than 18 years old when the crash occurs. The court, however, ruled in Rogers v. Bell Helicopter Textron, Inc that the repose statute does not apply when the claim involves errors in maintenance instructions.
June 8, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Helicopter Crash Kills Two, while Victims of Another Settle Lawsuits ]
Midlothian, TX A helicopter crash involving an air ambulance claimed two lives earlier this month. It could have been worse: The helicopter was in the midst of a test flight and was carrying no patients.
- One Dead, One Injured in South Carolina Helicopter Crash By Charles Benson (May-11-10)
- Report: Pilot in Fatal Helicopter Crash Was Trying to Beat a Storm By Charles Benson (Apr-15-10)
- At Least Three Dead in Phoenix Helicopter Crash By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-10)
- Helicopter Crash Kills Two US Haiti Volunteers By Lucy Campbell (Feb-9-10)
- California Helicopter Crash Claims Four Lives By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-10)
- Lawsuit Filed for Italian Helicopter Crash Victims in New Jersey By Charles Benson (Dec-13-09)
- Medical Helicopter Crash Kills Three By Charles Benson (Nov-25-09)
- Military Helicopter Crash Shifts from Rescue to Recovery: Officials By Gordon Gibb (Nov-3-09)
- Service member dies in helicopter accident during training By Charles Benson (Oct-29-09)
- Medical Helicopter Crashes, Killing Crew By Jane Mundy (Sep-27-09)
- One Dead in Helicopter Crash 'Fireball' North of Toronto By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-09)
- Crash of US Military Helicopter Claims Four Members of Elite Team By Gordon Gibb (Aug-23-09)
- Helicopter and Small Plane Collide in Mid-Air in Lower Manhattan By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-09)
- Helicopter Crash Kills Two By Lucy Campbell (Aug-5-09)
- Jury Awards $11 Million in Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Jul-19-09)
- Rescue Mission Turns Deadly After Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Jun-16-09)
- NTSB: Pilots to Blame for Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (May-17-09)
- Known Defect Could Have Caused Crash of Hibernia-Bound Sikorsky Helicopter By Lucy Campbell (Mar-20-09)
- Recovery and Investigation Begin in Newfoundland Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-09)
- North Atlantic Helicopter Crash: Bad News Continues By Lucy Campbell (Mar-13-09)
- Helicopter Crashes in the Atlantic – 17 People Missing By Lucy Campbell (Mar-12-09)
- Tragic Helicopter Crashes Lead to Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Feb-19-09)
- The Car Crash Didn't Kill You, But the Flight to the Hospital Could… By Gordon Gibb (Feb-5-09)
- Army Helicopter Crashes, One Dead By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-09)
- Helicopter Crashes in Louisiana Swampland, 8 Die By Gordon Gibb (Jan-5-09)
- Helicopter Crash Kills One On Ground By Heidi Turner (Dec-28-08)
- Are All Helicopter Medical Transports Really Necessary? By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-08)
- Survivor Recounts Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Nov-27-08)
- Helicopter Accident News Too Often Grim By Gordon Gibb (Nov-14-08)
- NTSB Looks to Reduce Number of Helicopter Crashes By Heidi Turner (Oct-31-08)
- Medical Helicopter Crash: It Has Happened Again By Gordon Gibb (Oct-16-08)
- Seriously Injured in Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Oct-14-08)
- Helicopter Crash Survivor Get His Due By Gordon Gibb (Oct-4-08)
- Yet Another Fatal Helicopter Crash By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-08)
- Helicopter Crash Claims 2 Lives By Heidi Turner (Sep-19-08)
- Helicopter Crash in California Worst-Ever Firefighting Aviation Tragedy By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-08)