LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 23, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA The day your child is born should be one of the happiest days of your life. Sadly, medical complications may arise during childbirth that put your baby’s health at risk. When a doctor or a medical professional or medical facility fails to handle the situation properly, your infant may suffer injuries or illnesses resulting in permanent disability. In the worst cases, mishandled childbirth complications may result in death. Experienced birth injury lawyers at Stalwart Law know that experiencing a birth injury is nothing short of devastating, and the last thing on your mind is likely how and where to seek legal help. Even though you are left emotionally distraught and often financially hurt, attorneys Sean O’Neill and Elizabeth “Beth” Teixeira know from years of experience that sooner is better than later to help you obtain financial damages from those responsible for your child’s birth injury.
September 21, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Atlanta, GA Hair relaxer manufacturers have successfully argued with the Georgia Court of Appeals to take into consideration the state’s 10-year repose statute regarding a hair relaxer lawsuit filed by a Georgia woman last October. But plaintiff Kiara Burrough's attorney point out that the statute doesn’t apply to claims for negligence and failure-to-warn.
September 20, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA The Department of the Navy has come up with its “Elective Option”, which it describes as an expedited resolution process. It is an attempt to speed up compensation for more than 1,100 federal lawsuits and 93,000 administrative claims filed by Camp Lejeune veterans and their families. To date, not one Camp Lejeune claim has been resolved and time is running out for veterans injured by contaminated water.
September 18, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA The last few months have been busy for Bayer and Monsanto’s legal team and Roundup lawsuits. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to review a $39 million Roundup settlement regarding cancer warnings on Roundup; the latest Roundup cancer trial is underway in Missouri and south of the border; and a U.S. dispute settlement panel challenges Mexico’s plans to ban GMO corn.
September 15, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
New York, NY A former pizzeria employee has filed a proposed class action lawsuit against the owner of two New York pizza shops, alleging he was paid below minimum wage and was not paid overtime. The complaint claims that an “illegal” tip credit was used to justify being paid no more than $10 per hour. The complaint, which was filed late August in New York federal court, alleges both restaurants violated the Fair Labor Standards Act, New York Labor Law and the New York State Wage Theft Prevention Act.
September 14, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA A Los Angeles jury sided with a WestRock employee who claimed he was discriminated against and awarded him $9.5 million in a California labor lawsuit. Lowry McCray accused the cardboard packaging giant of terminating him because he has a mental disability that caused his unfair treatment in the workplace. Further, WestRock refused to investigate the unfair treatment that could have helped McCray.
September 13, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA 3M announced in August that it reached a $6 billion settlement over defective earplug lawsuits brought by thousands of veterans and military service members who have suffered hearing damage. From 2003 to 2105 the military used the earplugs to protect them from combat noise, including in Afghanistan and Iraq. 3M earplug lawsuits—which grew into the largest mass tort litigation in U.S. history—claim that the chemical giant knew during those years that their earplugs were defective and they hid design flaws, skewed test results and neglected to provide instructions for the proper use of the earplugs.
September 12, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA Apple Inc. workers who filed a wage-and-hour dispute in a California court have settled for $500,000. An investigation, which began in early 2022, showed that Apple’s overtime pay rate each month did not include the commissions that Solutions Consultants earned that month and Apple did not pay all Solutions Consultants for travel time between required meetings and their worksites.
September 11, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA A California wage and hour lawsuit filed by a real estate brokerage operator and almost 3,000 agents is close to settlement. The lawsuit, which was filed three years ago, alleges Redfin Corp. misclassified the real estate agents as independent contractors to avoid paying overtime wages, and other California labor law violations.
September 6, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA In response to a multitude of hernia mesh adverse event reports, the FDA published new information in July about the risks and benefits of hernia mesh surgery. The agency gives non-surgical options and advises that patients should obtain certain information “If you have post-surgical problems”. It would seem like the FDA has made a hernia mesh mess.
- Minnesota District Court Dismisses ERISA Fiduciary Breach Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-5-23)
- Twitter Tries to Bail on Bonusses By Jane Mundy (Aug-31-23)
- Maryland’s Largest Water Utility Files PFAS Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Aug-30-23)
- California Judge Approves Old Dominion Freight Line and Dockworkers Settlement By Jane Mundy (Aug-27-23)
- Optimize Financial Management: The Role of Law Firm Billing Software By LAS Staff Writer (Aug-25-23)
- Camp LeJeune Lawsuits at a Crawl as More Wrongful Death Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Aug-24-23)
- Monsanto Roundup $7M Settlement By Jane Mundy (Aug-22-23)
- Philips’ Objections Over CPAP Lawsuits and Another Obstacle By Jane Mundy (Aug-21-23)
- Pfizer 401k Plan Hit with ERISA Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Aug-18-23)
- Hair Straightener Litigation Raising Cancer Awareness By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-23)
- How to Negotiate Negligence After Suffering a Personal Injury By LAS Staff Writer (Aug-17-23)
- Xerox Settles ERISA Lawsuit for $7.2 Million plus Free or Reduced-Cost Retiree Medical and Dental Coverage By Anne Wallace (Aug-15-23)
- Pepsi and Former Factory Worker Settle Overtime Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-14-23)
- Court Ruling Increases Disney Employees’ Minimum Wage By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-23)
- SpaceX Slammed with another California Labor Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-9-23)
- Walt Disney’s Female Employees File Sex Discrimination Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-7-23)
- Hernia Mesh Updates: Bard Trial and FDA’s Pros and Cons By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-23)
- 3M to Settle PFAS/PFOA Water Contamination Lawsuit for $10.3 Billion By Anne Wallace (Jul-24-23)
- Two California Public Water Utility Attorneys Awarded $6 million By Jane Mundy (Jul-21-23)
- Au Pairs Can Advertise Proposed Wage Collective By Jane Mundy (Jul-18-23)
- Philadelphia’s Roundup Lawsuits get Trial Dates and New York Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-23)
- Hair Relaxer Makers Challenge Hair Straightener Cancer Lawsuits as more Complaints Filed By Jane Mundy (Jul-13-23)
- Balkan Workers Allege Tesla Denied California Overtime By Jane Mundy (Jul-12-23)
- Add Dental Problems to Camp Lejeune Injuries By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-23)
- Home Depot Wages Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jul-7-23)
- Verizon Overtime Lawsuit, Over and Over Again By Jane Mundy (Jul-6-23)
- Xerox Settles ERISA Lawsuit for $7.2 Million plus Free or Reduced-Cost Retiree Medical and Dental Coverage By Anne Wallace (Jul-5-23)
- J&J Talcum Powder Lawsuit Begins May 31, Despite Bankruptcy Stay By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-23)
- Plaintiff Alleges Surgical Mesh “Traumatizing” By Jane Mundy (Jun-26-23)
- Two Racketeer Lawsuits Filed in Georgia By Jane Mundy (Jun-23-23)
- CPAP Lawsuit Spike Linked to Statute of Limitations By Jane Mundy (Jun-21-23)
- Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-23)
- Legal Options for Motorcycle Accident Victims: Pursuing Compensation and Justice By LAS Staff Writer (Jun-16-23)
- Whistleblower Complaint Hinged on “Disclosure” Definition By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-23)
- Bitwise Lawsuit Alleges WARN Act Violation By Jane Mundy (Jun-14-23)
- As Goes the Water in Waterville, so Goes the Nation’s By Anne Wallace (Jun-13-23)
- Family Feud Savages ESOP Participants’ Retirement Fund By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-23)
- Strippers in California Unionize By Jane Mundy (Jun-8-23)
- Glove Maker Forced Labor Lawsuit Not Over By Jane Mundy (Jun-7-23)
- No Breaks from Shamrock Foods, Breakfast Republic or Modesto Community Hospice By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-23)