LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 16, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: A former member of the U.S. Navy SEABEES adds one more lawsuit to hundreds of others filed by veterans nationwide against 3M Corporation, claiming that the company falsified testing documents and knowingly manufactured and distributed 3M combat arms defective earplugs to the U.S. Military.READ MORE
September 13, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Fort Saskatchewan, AB: How can a heavy metal accumulate in the brain but not be considered harmful? After undergoing seven MRI scans, all with injections of a gadolinium-based contrast agent (GBCA), Wanda Milley experienced the same gadolinium contrast dye side effects that many other patients have suffered, and have subsequently filed gadolinium lawsuits.READ MORE
September 12, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Atlanta, GA Judge Richard W. Story has now identified ten bellwether Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuits that will likely shape the multidistrict litigation pending in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia. Trials in these hernia mesh lawsuits are now scheduled to begin in April 2020. But there will be plenty to watch even before opening statements begin.
September 11, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Santa Ana, CA Aaron Kushner and Eric Spitz, who mismanaged the investments of the Retirement Plan of Freedom Communications, Inc. (the Pension Plan) have offered to settle an ERISA lawsuit brought by the federal Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) for $7.8 million.
September 10, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: A recent survey by Consumer Reports confirms that most Americans want automakers -- not only Ford-- to improve and increase fuel economy on every type of vehicle.
September 9, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA Household workers, including those who care for the elderly or people with disabilities, are among the most vulnerable to wage theft and other forms of employment abuse. They work in isolation, behind closed doors and sometimes in fear of deportation. Ray v. County of Los Angeles cuts through the fog and fear to make clear that private litigants may recover unpaid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The bigger picture is that the change in federal protection fills a gap in the legal safety net left under California’s Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights, Wage Order 15 and other provisions of California labor employment law.
September 5, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Denton, MT: A Montana farmer recently filed a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit claiming its herbicide Roundup he used since 1982 caused his Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In a similar case filed in France, a French court found Monsanto guilty of poisoning a farmer and in June the first Australian legal action was filed against Bayer, which bought Monsanto in 2018.
September 4, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Oakland, CA: If finally approved, a lawsuit brought under PAGA will settle California labor law claims brought on behalf of 35,000 workers in California who allege that Safeway failed to provide accurate pay stubs. The giant supermarket chain’s $1.45 million deal would affect former and current workers.
August 26, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: Many drivers of America’s top-selling vehicle, the 2018 or 2019 Ford F-150 pickup, could be spending an extra $2,000 in fuel. Now they are accusing Ford Motor Co. of falsifying fuel-economy tests, and looking at a Ford class action lawsuit for anyone who bought or leased a 2019 Ford Ranger--and likely more models and model-year vehicles affected as testing continues.
August 23, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Birmingham, AL In an ERISA lawsuit filed in the Northern District of Alabama, participants in the Compass SmartInvestor 401(k) Plan claim that Plan fiduciaries failed in their legal duty to act prudently for the benefit of plan participants and beneficiaries. The Plan offered only one poorly performing short-term bond investment option and failed to monitor the investment performance of higher cost funds, ostensibly selected to produce higher yields.
- California Labor Lawsuit Targets Meal Break Violations By Anne Wallace (Aug-21-19)
- Former CNN Producer Gets Green Light to Proceed With Discrimination Claim By Jane Mundy (Aug-20-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Gadolinium Dyeing Out? By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-19)
- Department of Justice Probe Continues as Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Heat Up By Anne Wallace (Aug-12-19)
- Google’s Age Discrimination Settlement--Again By Jane Mundy (Aug-9-19)
- VyStar Credit Union Accused of Assessing NSF Fees Multiple Times for Same Transaction By Anne Wallace (Aug-8-19)
- Fidelity 401k Fiduciary Lawsuits Consolidated in Massachusetts By Anne Wallace (Aug-7-19)
- Veterans with Hearing Loss Chucked 3M Defective Earplugs During Deployment By Jane Mundy (Aug-6-19)
- Uber to Settle Class Action Contract Lawsuit for $395,000 By Anne Wallace (Aug-5-19)
- Dignity Health Poised to Settle ERISA Lawsuit for $100 Million By Anne Wallace (Jul-30-19)
- $1.2 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Targets Ford Fuel Economy Claims By Anne Wallace (Jul-29-19)
- Lawmakers Suspect Gilead Has Ulterior Motives for Donating HIV/AIDS drug Truvada By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- ZF-TRW Holdings and Six Automakers Slammed with Defective Airbag Class Action Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Women’s Soccer Team California Discrimination Lawsuits Trigger Athletics Fair Pay Act By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Forced Arbitration Threatens Class Action Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Jul-18-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit—Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Ninth Circuit Confirms Death of “De Minimus” Rule in California Wage and Hour Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Jul-15-19)
- Forced Arbitration, Stock Drop Disputes and ACA Repeal Loom Large for ERISA Lawsuits in Latter Half of 2019 By Anne Wallace (Jul-12-19)
- Comcast and O.C. Communications California Wage and Hour Settlement Finally Reached By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-19)
- New FLSA Interpretation Would Limit Worker Wage Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Jul-5-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- Too Hard to Eat Lunch? – That Cost Wal-Mart $6 Million By Anne Wallace (Jun-26-19)
- California Labor Bill AB5 has ride-hailing companies collaborating rather than competing – and waiting on CA Senate vote By Jane Mundy (Jun-24-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Still No Pay for California Residential Care Workers By Anne Wallace (Jun-14-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Along with Sexual Harassment Charges, Luxury Resort Faked Worker Breaks By Jane Mundy (Jun-10-19)
- Georgia Court of Appeals Affirms Class Action Status for Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-7-19)
- Did Northrup Grumman Squander ERISA Pension Money? By Anne Wallace (Jun-5-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Jolene Provencio stood up for a co-worker. Then Intel drove her out of her job. By Anne Wallace (May-27-19)