LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 23, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Experienced Birth Injury Attorneys Discuss Lawsuits and Settlements ]
Los Angeles, CA The day your child is born should be one of the happiest days of your life. Sadly, medical complications may arise during childbirth that put your baby’s health at risk. When a doctor or a medical professional or medical facility fails to handle the situation properly, your infant may suffer injuries or illnesses resulting in permanent disability. In the worst cases, mishandled childbirth complications may result in death. Experienced birth injury lawyers at Stalwart Law know that experiencing a birth injury is nothing short of devastating, and the last thing on your mind is likely how and where to seek legal help. Even though you are left emotionally distraught and often financially hurt, attorneys Sean O’Neill and Elizabeth “Beth” Teixeira know from years of experience that sooner is better than later to help you obtain financial damages from those responsible for your child’s birth injury.
September 6, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New FDA Hernia Mesh Information and its Flawed 501(k) Process ]
Santa Clara, CA In response to a multitude of hernia mesh adverse event reports, the FDA published new information in July about the risks and benefits of hernia mesh surgery. The agency gives non-surgical options and advises that patients should obtain certain information “If you have post-surgical problems”. It would seem like the FDA has made a hernia mesh mess.
August 21, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips’ Objections Over CPAP Lawsuits and Another Obstacle ]
Santa Clara, CAAs Philips attempts to toss or trim its CPAP defective breathing machine claims, another recent recall affecting 72,000Trilogy Evo ventilators has left the company reeling. And as it scrambles to make up for the CPAP shortage, the medical device competition moves in.
July 25, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hernia Mesh Updates: Bard Trial and FDA’s Pros and Cons ]
Santa Clara, CAC.R. Bard’s request to replace the final two bellwether hernia mesh injury cases previously selected for trial, arguing that the claims are no longer representative of other claims pending in the litigation, were denied by U.S. District Judge Sargus. Bard’s reasoning is that plaintiffs’ injuries have worsened since filing their complaints: pain has advanced to severe injury.
June 26, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Plaintiff Alleges Surgical Mesh “Traumatizing” ]
Manitoba, CA A Canadian woman endured a decade of pain and was “traumatized” before filing a surgical mesh lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson, the manufacturer of Ethicon pelvic mesh.
June 21, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Lawsuit Spike Linked to Statute of Limitations ]
Santa Clara, CA June 14, 2023 marked the second year’s anniversary of the CPAP machine recall. Since Philips announced CPAP health problems following countless reports of tiny black particles found in the tubing and face masks released by the degrading sound abatement foam inside the sleep machines, thousands upon thousands of CPAP lawsuits have been filed. And the FDA reported that the rate of new lawsuits spiked, due to a potential deadline in some states and despite recent test results that Philips said “is unlikely to result in an appreciable harm to health in patients.”
May 24, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Recall and Test Results Update ]
Santa Clara, CA Phillips Respironics, manufacturer of CPAP/ BiPAP sleep machines, on May 16 announced test results of its recalled devices. About two weeks previously the company announced it has set aside another $630 million to settle CPAP lawsuits, adding to $1 billion already earmarked to cover the cost of recalling, replacing or repairing millions of its recalled sleep apnea machines.
May 22, 2023. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Chicago's Healthcare Landscape: Legal Considerations for Providers and Patients ]
Chicago, ILAs part of Illinois, Chicago has a diverse healthcare landscape that includes numerous hospitals, clinics, and private practices. The City of Chicago generally has a sufficient medical setup for its residents. However, being such a large and bustling densely-populated economic hub, cases in which people getting injured due to the negligence of medical practitioners are not uncommon. When medical providers or professionals provide care that falls below the minimum standard of care set by regulators, it constitutes medical negligence. This can cause injury or death to a patient. The United States witnesses 33,333 deaths linked to medical negligence every month. If you live in the Chicago area and are injured in the care of a hospital or medical professional, a Chicago surgical error attorney can help you file a claim for medical negligence damages compensation.
April 14, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Trial Set for Bard Hernia Mesh Lawsuit ]
Santa Clara, CA The third Bard hernia mesh bellwether trial has been rescheduled from May – it will now begin in October. The hernia mesh lawsuits address claims that the Bard PerFix Plug is defectively designed and caused painful and serious issues after hernia repair.
April 5, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Sleep Machine Recall Update ]
Santa Clara, CA Almost two years after the Philips CPAP recall of more than two million Dream Station Machines, the FDA has issued yet another update due to more serious health issues being reported due to defective foam–and the agency may have contributed to more consumers suffering with sleep apnea.
- In Utah Nonpatients Can Sue for Medical Malpractice (Sometimes) By Anne Wallace (Feb-7-23)
- Another Philips CPAP Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-23)
- Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-3-23)
- Jury Awards Idaho Man $7.96 Million in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-29-22)
- CPAP Recall Gone Wrong Nearing Settlement with Philips and Justice Department By Jane Mundy (Dec-14-22)
- Last-Ditch Effort for 3M Bair Hugger Appeal By Jane Mundy (Oct-4-22)
- Two More Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Recalls By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-22)
- Emergency Departments Still Overcharging Patients, Lawsuit Filed By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-22)
- Lawsuit: Philips Knew CPAP Sleep Machines Link to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-22)
- Abbott Formula and ‘Absurd’ Loophole By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-22)
- Former Head of Third-Party Billing Company on trial for Health Care Fraud By Anne Wallace (Jul-21-22)
- Increased Emergency Room Charges Loom for Patients at Critical Access Hospitals By Anne Wallace (Jul-5-22)
- Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? By Jane Mundy (May-27-22)
- Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims By Jane Mundy (May-17-22)
- Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-22)
- Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-22)
- More Hospital Overcharges Lawsuits against TeamHealth “Cartel” By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-22)
- Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-22)
- UnitedHealthcare Cites Upcoding Fraud in Lawsuit against Emergency Room Staffing Company By Anne Wallace (Mar-9-22)
- Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-22)
- The No Surprises Act Not Foolproof By Jane Mundy (Feb-23-22)
- CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-22)
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Mother Files Lawsuit Claiming Similac Infant Formula Caused Baby’s Death By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- TeamHealth vs. United HealthCare Services By Jane Mundy (Dec-21-21)
- Things to Know About the Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit By LAS Staff Writer (Dec-17-21)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- ER Charged $1,200 for Nosebleed By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-21)
- Physician Billed Exorbitant ER Overcharges By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-21)
- Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips By Jane Mundy (Nov-26-21)
- FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-21)
- Patient is Charged ER Fees Without Being Seen By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-21)
- Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-21)
- Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-21)
- Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-23-21)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)