LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Dayton, OH While the first Bard hernia mesh bellwether trial is described by legal experts as a “crushing blow” to plaintiffs, others opine that it will likely have minimal impact on the overall outcome of the hernia mesh litigation. Round two is now underway.
October 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? ]
Newark, NJ A proposed class action filed in a New Jersey federal court accuses Dutch manufacturer Royal Philips of knowing for months that its CPAP sleep machines posed a serious health hazard but “unreasonably delayed” the recall. Philips also faces a securities class action lawsuit—and remember the COVID-19 ventilator debacle? That too was Philips.
September 23, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit ]
Columbus, OH It took the jury only hours to come back with a resounding victory for C.R. Bard in first bellwether surgical mesh lawsuit in the Multidistrict Litigation consolidated in the Southern District of Ohio. On September 8, the jury in Johns v. C.R. Bard, et al found in the defendants’ favor on all of Steven Johns' claims against them. No damages were awarded to Johns.
September 13, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips ]
St Louis, MO Philips CPAP sleep machine recall has caused a rude awakening for thousands of users who rely on the sleep machine to get them through the night – alive. Meanwhile, the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation will discuss next month the future of sleep machine lawsuits throughout the federal court system.
September 1, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? ]
Santa Clara, CA Philips “regretfully” told its investors of a foam problem with certain sleep and respiratory care products, including DreamStation CPAP Machines, but consumers weren’t told of the serious problem until the recall—issued 49 days after investors knew. Consequently, CPAP sleep machine lawsuits alleging failure to warn are mounting.
August 30, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Columbus, OH More than 8,000 hernia mesh patients and their attorneys who filed Ethicon physiomesh complaints are likely watching closely C.R. Bard’s first bellwether trial, which is expected to last five weeks and two days.
August 25, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Zantac Bellwether Trials Likely in 2023 ]
West Palm Beach, FL On June 14, the Southern District of Florida, where Zantac cancer lawsuits have been consolidated for pretrial motions, issued an amended case management schedule. The Order anticipates that bellwether trials will begin in 2023.
August 18, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Patients “Deceived” and “Scammed” by ER Fees ]
Santa Clara, CA Patients treated at ER, sometimes for minor issues, say they aren’t told their insurance is out-of-network and that emergency room fees, including certain tests and procedures, will wind up costing them thousands and thousands of dollars.
July 16, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Emergency Room Overcharges Patient now Debt Collector Victim ]
Arley, AL Catrina arrived at the hospital emergency room bent over in pain--three days later she was sent home after having her gallbladder removed. The surgery went well--until the bills arrived. Particularly galling was a CT Scan charge about three times more than the national average cost--a typical example of ER overcharges. (Granted, scans are typically more expensive when ordered in an ER.) Her total bill rings in at 86,381.04.
June 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ No Surprises Act to Eliminate ER Overcharges? ]
Santa Clara, CA Although the “No Surprises Act” will be in effect January 1, 2022, the first regulations are slated for July 2021. If all goes according to plan, patients to emergency rooms will no longer be hit with outrageous ER overcharges or receive surprise bills in the mail, mainly due to out of network treatment.
- Recent Studies Show Other Side Effects, including certain Cancers, with Long-term PPI Use By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- Emergency Room Opportunity to Overcharge By Jane Mundy (May-21-21)
- Zantac Breast Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (May-20-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- PPI Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-21)
- Emergency Room Overcharges Complaints Outrageous but True By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-21)
- Emergency Room Overcharges Attorney Helps—if you are Committed By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-21)
- Two Former Cardiologists Awarded $10.6 million for Reporting Patient Care Problems and Overcharging By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Maker Facing Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-21)
- Whittling Down PPI Cases for Bellwether Trials By Jane Mundy (Jan-29-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-20)
- What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond By Anne Wallace (Dec-8-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Allergan Refuses to Pay for Surgery to Remove Breast Implants Linked to Cancer By Anne Wallace (Dec-1-20)
- “Acid Reflux Drugs Caused my Type 2 Diabetes” By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-20)
- More Injectafer Lawsuits Alleging Hypophosphatemia – a Serious Health Risk By Jane Mundy (Nov-13-20)
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-20)
- Bayer Essure Settlement a Victory for Thousands of Essure Victims and E-Sisters By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-20)
- Regular Acid-reflux Drug Use Linked to Higher Risk of type 2 Diabetes By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-20)
- IUD Breakage an Increasing ParaGard Problem By Jane Mundy (Oct-23-20)
- Looks like New Jersey hosts Elmiron MDL By Jane Mundy (Oct-20-20)
- C.R. Bard Hernia Mesh Trial Gets the Green Light By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-20)
- Injectafer Double Dose—Double Profit and Double Risk, and Dosage Discrepancy By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)
- Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- More Elmiron Lawsuits, including Canada Class Actions, and the Impact of Vision Loss By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-20)
- FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths By Anne Wallace (Sep-15-20)
- Bayer to Settle Essure Birth Control Lawsuits for $1.6 Billion By Jane Mundy (Sep-11-20)
- “Now is not the time to tinker with Injectafer labeling,” says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Sep-2-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuit Accuses Pharmaceutical Giants of Racketeering By Anne Wallace (Sep-2-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)
- Elmiron may no longer be Drug Companies’ Golden Goose By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Under Pressure, Elmiron Manufacturer Updates its Label By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-20)
- New Jersey Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey Superior Court By Anne Wallace (Jul-10-20)