LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned ]
Columbus, OH Having been delayed three times now, the first C.R. Bard hernia mesh lawsuit is slated for April 19, 2021. The bellwether jury trial has been centralized before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus in the Southern District of Ohio. At issue is that Bard and its subsidiary Davol knew and when they knew about their defective hernia mesh.
December 31, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients ]
Santa Clara, CA Over the past several years, Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) have been linked to serious health complications. And more recent studies indicate that these acid reflux drugs do more harm than good. One such study opines that PPI exposure increases mortality in COVID-19 patients. Other studies suggest PPIs can damage major organs and regular use of PPI is linked to a higher risk of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and serious skin reactions such as life-threatening Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. And there is more…
December 8, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond ]
West Palm Beach, FL As 2020 draws to a close, the toll of death and injury from Zantac-related cancers continues to rise, as do the number of Zantac cancer lawsuits. Meanwhile, In Re: Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation, the multidistrict litigation into which many of the individual lawsuits have been consolidated, grinds on without much apparent news.
December 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” ]
Harrisburg, PA Kelly and John are just two of more than one million hernia repair surgeries performed yearly in the U.S., and 90 percent use surgical mesh. Recent reports indicate that one out of every three patients have suffered common mesh complications, some of which led to surgical mesh lawsuits.
December 1, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Allergan Refuses to Pay for Surgery to Remove Breast Implants Linked to Cancer ]
Hackensack, NJ Jody Craft has now joined the growing number of women who have filed lawsuits seeking compensation for the harm Allegan USA, Inc. allegedly caused by marketing textured breast implants now linked to breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL). BIA-ALCL is a rare form of cancer seen almost exclusively in women who have received textured breast implants.
November 28, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Acid Reflux Drugs Caused my Type 2 Diabetes” ]
Phoenix, AZ Ten years ago Gary Phillips was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He had taken proton pump inhibitor (PPI) medications for acid reflux issues at least once a day for about 13 years but only knew that the medications were linked to diabetes when he read about PPI lawsuits. Unfortunately the meds worked— so he kept taking them. Now he takes insulin shots.
November 13, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Injectafer Lawsuits Alleging Hypophosphatemia – a Serious Health Risk ]
Conshohocken, PA Another Injectafer lawsuit filed in October 2020 joins numerous others filed since 2019, all claiming Vifor Pharma, Ltd., Daiichi Sankyo and its subsidiaries Luitpold Pharmaceuticals and American Regent failed to warn users about the risk of hypophosphatemia—a severe side effect whereby low phosphorous levels are caused by the multiple Injectafer injections.
November 11, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays ]
Concord, MA Hernia mesh lawsuits filed against three medical device manufacturers have been delayed mainly because of the coronavirus pandemic, and bellwether trials have been delayed a few times already. Nearly 15,000 hernia mesh claims pending in the federal court system have been consolidated in three multi-district litigations (MDLs).
November 2, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer Essure Settlement a Victory for Thousands of Essure Victims and E-Sisters ]
Santa Clara, CA On the ”Essure Problems” Facebook Page, which was started in 2011, Angie Firmalino advises about 44,000 women, called E-sisters, not to discuss their settlement as it comes with a confidentiality agreement that includes “restrictions about discussing your settlement online… discussing your settlement will jeopardize it.” Ms. Firmalino, who started the group, is referring to the $1.6 billion Bayer is paying to thousands of women who said they have suffered severe, long-term health problems from Bayer’s Essure birth control implant.
October 25, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Regular Acid-reflux Drug Use Linked to Higher Risk of type 2 Diabetes ]
Santa Clara, CA During this Pandemic there is also an epidemic that has been growing for decades and it is just as dangerous, perhaps even more so, than COVID 19. And drugs known as proton pump inhibitors or PPIs are feeding this epidemic: type 2 diabetes.
- IUD Breakage an Increasing ParaGard Problem By Jane Mundy (Oct-23-20)
- Looks like New Jersey hosts Elmiron MDL By Jane Mundy (Oct-20-20)
- C.R. Bard Hernia Mesh Trial Gets the Green Light By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-20)
- Injectafer Double Dose—Double Profit and Double Risk, and Dosage Discrepancy By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)
- Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- More Elmiron Lawsuits, including Canada Class Actions, and the Impact of Vision Loss By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-20)
- FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths By Anne Wallace (Sep-15-20)
- Bayer to Settle Essure Birth Control Lawsuits for $1.6 Billion By Jane Mundy (Sep-11-20)
- “Now is not the time to tinker with Injectafer labeling,” says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Sep-2-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuit Accuses Pharmaceutical Giants of Racketeering By Anne Wallace (Sep-2-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)
- Elmiron may no longer be Drug Companies’ Golden Goose By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Under Pressure, Elmiron Manufacturer Updates its Label By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-20)
- New Jersey Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey Superior Court By Anne Wallace (Jul-10-20)
- FDA Pulls Zantac off Shelves By Anne Wallace (Jul-6-20)
- Insured Californians Getting Gouged by Out-of-Network Providers By Jane Mundy (Jun-16-20)
- Two Zantac Lawsuits, Two types of Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jun-12-20)
- Elmiron Vision Loss Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-20)
- Zantac Associated with Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-20-20)
- Getting Caught Can Reduce Emergency Room Overcharges By Jane Mundy (May-14-20)
- FDA Finally Pulls Zantac By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-20)
- Emergency Room Overcharges –Surprise! By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-20)
- Emergency Room Overcharges with Coronavirus Test By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-20)
- Rantidine Recalls Stoke Zantac Cancer Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-20)
- New Research: Brief Heat Exposure Increases Zantac Cancer Odds By Anne Wallace (Jan-14-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Zantac – Buyer Beware, but from Whom? By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-19)
- More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls By Jane Mundy (Nov-19-19)
- Has J&J Lost Its Way? By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-19)
- Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-19)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- Gadolinium Dyeing Out? By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-19)
- Lawmakers Suspect Gilead Has Ulterior Motives for Donating HIV/AIDS drug Truvada By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)