LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 20, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase ]
West Palm Beach, FL Zantac cancer lawsuits will be consolidated in multidistrict litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. At the time of its formation on February 6, the MDL included 15 cases. An additional 126 cases were pending in 21 districts nationwide, and more plaintiffs are expected to join. The consolidated lawsuit will include cancer injury claims and consumer class actions against defendants who manufactured, sold or distributed Zantac and other ranitidine medications.
February 12, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Rantidine Recalls Stoke Zantac Cancer Lawsuits ]
Washington, DC A cascade of recalls – by Sanofi, the manufacturer of Zantac and a collection of pharmacies that distribute the heartburn drug – is fuel to the fire of the Zantac cancer lawsuits now forming. Lawyers reportedly anticipate an explosion of Zantac lawsuits over the next several months.
January 14, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Research: Brief Heat Exposure Increases Zantac Cancer Odds ]
Washington, DC Emery Pharma, a California-based testing laboratory has reported that Zantac appears to produce unacceptably high levels of cancer-causing N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) when exposed to heat for as little as five days. Brief periods of modestly inadequate temperature control can easily occur during transport, storage or even in consumer’s home. These findings have sparked new calls for a U.S. Food and Drug Administration recall of Zantac and related generic drugs and will likely fuel class action Zantac cancer lawsuits (ZANTAC) already underway.
January 9, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA Since the FDA last September reported that minute amounts of a carcinogen called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) was detected in Zantac, along with several other heartburn medications, a number of Zantac cancer lawsuits have followed.
December 9, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Zantac – Buyer Beware, but from Whom? ]
Santa Clara, CA Since the small pharmacy Valisure waved the red flag over Zantac cancer risk, over 40 countries worldwide have stopped sales and/or began investigating the possible health risks of the heartburn drug. And Zantac lawsuits have followed. Now the FDA says it is “investigating”.
November 19, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls ]
Santa Clara, CA As more pharmaceutical companies are hit with Zantac cancer lawsuits, they are recalling the acid reflux medication in the U.S. and Canada over complaints of a link to a probable carcinogen called called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a chemical that has already been found in animals.
October 25, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Has J&J Lost Its Way? ]
Philadelphia, PA: One of thousands of Risperdal cases pending in the Philadelphia court system has resulted in a whopping $8 billion in damages awarded to a single plaintiff who claimed he developed breasts, a condition known as gynecomastia. Plaintiff Nicholas Murray’s lawyers told the jury following the verdict that, “Johnson and Johnson is a company which has lost its way.”
September 13, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Fort Saskatchewan, AB: How can a heavy metal accumulate in the brain but not be considered harmful? After undergoing seven MRI scans, all with injections of a gadolinium-based contrast agent (GBCA), Wanda Milley experienced the same gadolinium contrast dye side effects that many other patients have suffered, and have subsequently filed gadolinium lawsuits.Read [ Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial ]
September 12, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? ]
Atlanta, GA Judge Richard W. Story has now identified ten bellwether Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuits that will likely shape the multidistrict litigation pending in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia. Trials in these hernia mesh lawsuits are now scheduled to begin in April 2020. But there will be plenty to watch even before opening statements begin.
August 13, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Gadolinium Dyeing Out? ]
Buffalo, NY: Many reports of adverse side events associated with gadolinium contrast dye, along with recent data showing that gadolinium deposits in the brain and other organs have spurred researchers to find imaging approaches that don’t need gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs).
- Lawmakers Suspect Gilead Has Ulterior Motives for Donating HIV/AIDS drug Truvada By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- “I was a Gadolinium Guinea Pig,” says Woman Diagnosed with Kidney Problems By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-19)
- Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested? By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-19)
- Xarelto Settlement of $775 million Over Failure to Warn Claims By Jane Mundy (Apr-9-19)
- Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion By Anne Wallace (Mar-13-19)
- Take the MRI, Hold the Gadolinium By Jane Mundy (Feb-27-19)
- Patients Battle Surprise Emergency Room Charges By Anne Wallace (Feb-20-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Settles Deceptive Hip Implant Marketing Lawsuits for $120 Million By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-19)
- Discrepancies in Emergency Room Overcharges Cause Frustration and Financial Woes By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-19)
- ER Charges: Underserved and Over-Charged thanks to Upcoding By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-19)
- Amputees Fighting for Insurance Coverage Get Tips from Blue Cross Antitrust Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-20-18)
- Valsartan Recall Lawsuits Filed over Alleged Carcinogenic Contaminants By Anne Wallace (Sep-17-18)
- Amputees’ Fight for Insurance Coverage Focuses on ‘Medical Necessity’ of Microprocessor Prosthetics By Anne Wallace (Sep-4-18)
- Anthem Denials of Emergency Room CT Scans and MRIs; Patients Sent to Clinics By Anne Wallace (Aug-6-18)
- Essure’s Shelf Life in the US Soon to Expire By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-18)
- Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow By Jane Mundy (May-31-18)
- More Type 2 Diabetics add Complaints to Ongoing Onglyza Litigation By Jane Mundy (Apr-4-18)
- “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Mar-31-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-30-18)
- IVC Filter Trials: Cook Medical Bellwether Dismissed, Bard Bellwether, Cordis and Rex Medical Going Forward By Jane Mundy (Mar-27-18)
- The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages By Anne Wallace (Mar-24-18)
- Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-18)
- New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-18)
- Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-18)
- Defective Hip Litigation Continues On against Zimmer, Smith & Nephew By Jane Mundy (Mar-12-18)
- A Tale of Two Unum Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-18)
- Will Pennsylvania Supreme Court Hear Risperdal Time Bar Appeal? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-18)
- Last-Minute Maneuvering Underway Prior to Next Round of Xarelto Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Mar-11-18)
- First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey By Brenda Craig (Mar-9-18)
- "Essure Problems" Women Bring FDA's Data to Meeting that FDA were Unaware Of By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-18)
- Georgia Plaintiff Alleges Use of Nexium Caused Chronic Kidney Disease By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-18)
- Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Mar-3-18)
- Families Ask GSK to Hand Over Zofran Data By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-18)
- Deadly Onglyza Side Effects Set in Fast and Lawsuits Lumber On By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-18)
- Michigan Patient Billed Over $1,000 for Sitting in the Waiting Room By Gordon Gibb (Feb-23-18)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit Currently Underway in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Feb-20-18)
- Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-18)