LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
May 27, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? ]
Santa Clara, CAWith the FDA suspecting 124 deaths from recalled CPAP sleep apnea machines, more wrongful death lawsuits could be filed against Philips Respironics.
May 17, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims ]
Pensacola, FL Lorna P., one of many hernia mesh victims, is hopeful that she will receive compensation after hearing that the jury in the second C.R. Bard bellwether trial awarded $255,000 to a man allegedly injured by C.R. Bard’s hernia mesh.
April 29, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System ]
Santa Clara, CA The chances of developing an infection after cardiac surgery is slim – an estimated 1 in 5,000 patients who had heart valve surgery and even lower for other types of surgery. But that percentage is higher if a Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler was used during surgery. Rod says he hasn’t recovered from his heart surgery and Carol’s husband died from infection. Now they are pursuing a claim against Sorin, the heater-cooler device manufacturer.
April 21, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action ]
Glenside, PA Philips is hit again with a class action lawsuit, but this time medical device makers join thousands of consumers who filed complaints over the defective sleep apnea machines alleged to cause cancers and respiratory injuries. Baird Respiratory Therapy, Inc., filed in March 2022 a class action lawsuit against Philips in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking to represent durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers nationwide who purchased Philips’ recalled breathing machines.
April 6, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Hospital Overcharges Lawsuits against TeamHealth “Cartel” ]
Baton Rouge, LA No sooner has TeamHealth settled a $15 million class action lawsuit brought by physicians than it’s slammed with another class action claiming inappropriate ER billing and systematic overcharges from its central billing office which is controlled in a “cartel-like manner”.
April 1, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant ]
Santa Clara, CA A product liability lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas last month claims the Exactech Novation hip implant was defectively designed, which led to early failure of the hip replacement. And this month a similar lawsuit was filed in New York claiming that Exactech knew or should have known that the polyethylene liners in its hip replacements would prematurely loosen and fail, but delayed a recall.
March 9, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ UnitedHealthcare Cites Upcoding Fraud in Lawsuit against Emergency Room Staffing Company ]
Knoxville, TN On October 27, 2021, UnitedHealthcare filed a lawsuit against TeamHealth Holdings in the Eastern District of Tennessee. UnitedHealthcare Services v. TeamHealth Holdings, the ER fees lawsuit, charges that TeamHealth routinely overcharged emergency room patients for minor medical needs. UHC, as the administrator for many of those claims, alleges that it overpaid by as much as $100 million. The company claims that TeamHealth’s tactics crossed the line from aggressive profit maximization to outright fraud.
March 8, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA ]
Santa Clara, CA Since M. chimaera contamination was found during tests at Sorin’s manufacturing facility in 2014, and its 3T Heater-Cooler devices subsequently recalled, the FDA has kept close tabs on Sorin, now known as LivaNova.
February 23, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ The No Surprises Act Not Foolproof ]
Santa Clara, CA The No Surprises Act, that went into effect January 1, 2022 intends to provide protection against surprise medical bills such out-of-network bills for in-network hospitals and services such as an air ambulance ride (not ground ambulance) to an in-network hospital. But don’t be surprised if you get a surprise bill…
February 16, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit ]
Pittsburgh, PA Yet another CPAP lawsuit against Philips alleges the toxic foam used in its System One BiPAP device causes cancer. Joseph Martin’s kidney cancer, and the company knew about the problem with its 15 million DreamStation devices, CPAP, BiPAP and mechanical ventilators since at least 2015, at least two years before Martin was diagnosed with kidney cancer. And like countless sleep machine users, Martin didn’t make the connection to cancer until the recall.
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Mother Files Lawsuit Claiming Similac Infant Formula Caused Baby’s Death By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- TeamHealth vs. United HealthCare Services By Jane Mundy (Dec-21-21)
- Things to Know About the Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit By LAS Staff Writer (Dec-17-21)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- ER Charged $1,200 for Nosebleed By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-21)
- Physician Billed Exorbitant ER Overcharges By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-21)
- Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips By Jane Mundy (Nov-26-21)
- FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-21)
- Patient is Charged ER Fees Without Being Seen By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-21)
- Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-21)
- Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-21)
- Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-23-21)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-21)
- Zantac Bellwether Trials Likely in 2023 By Anne Wallace (Aug-25-21)
- Patients “Deceived” and “Scammed” by ER Fees By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-21)
- Emergency Room Overcharges Patient now Debt Collector Victim By Jane Mundy (Jul-16-21)
- No Surprises Act to Eliminate ER Overcharges? By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-21)
- Recent Studies Show Other Side Effects, including certain Cancers, with Long-term PPI Use By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- Emergency Room Opportunity to Overcharge By Jane Mundy (May-21-21)
- Zantac Breast Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (May-20-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- PPI Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-21)
- Emergency Room Overcharges Complaints Outrageous but True By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-21)
- Emergency Room Overcharges Attorney Helps—if you are Committed By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-21)
- Two Former Cardiologists Awarded $10.6 million for Reporting Patient Care Problems and Overcharging By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Maker Facing Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-21)
- Whittling Down PPI Cases for Bellwether Trials By Jane Mundy (Jan-29-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-20)
- What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond By Anne Wallace (Dec-8-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Allergan Refuses to Pay for Surgery to Remove Breast Implants Linked to Cancer By Anne Wallace (Dec-1-20)