LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
August 3, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? ]
New Orleans, LA A breast implant side effects lawsuit filed in the Eastern District of Louisiana may soon join the growing list of cases to be considered as part of the federal multidistrict litigation forming in New Jersey. Seuzeneau v. Allergan USA, Inc. charges that Allergan, which marketed, advertised and sold Biocell textured breast implants, failed to disclose the connection between the implants and BIA-ALCL, a rare form of cancer.
July 17, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Under Pressure, Elmiron Manufacturer Updates its Label ]
Harrisburg, PA Only after pressure from scientists and consumers and mounting Elmiron vision loss lawsuits, Janssen Pharmaceuticals has finally updated its Elmiron interstitial cystitis drug label, adding the risk of developing permanent eye damage to its side effects. But a quick scan online shows that numerous health sites and pharmacies have not received the memo.
New Jersey Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey Superior Court
July 10, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Jersey Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey Superior Court ]
Hackensack, NJ On July 7, the initial case management conference for In Re: Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Products Liability Litigation (the “MCL”) was held before Judge Rachelle Harz in New Jersey Superior Court in Bergen County. The consolidation of state law actions is intended to permit speedy, cost-effective and consistent management of the common issues that the breast implant side effects lawsuits are expected to share. This multicounty litigation will proceed in parallel with the multidistrict federal lawsuits (the “MDL”) that have been consolidated in Newark.
July 6, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ FDA Pulls Zantac off Shelves ]
Washington, DC On April 1, the federal Food and Drug Administration asked manufacturers to withdraw Zantac and all other prescription and over-the-counter ranitidine drugs from the market immediately. It has also advised those who use OTC ranitidine medications to stop taking them immediately and patients with ranitidine prescriptions to speak with their health care providers. Zantac cancer lawsuits that cite the link between heartburn medications that contain ranitidine and various forms of cancer have been forming for months. The FDA has now finally taken affirmative steps to protect consumers.
June 16, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Insured Californians Getting Gouged by Out-of-Network Providers ]
Santa Clara, CA Back in 2017, a law was passed to protect Californians against surprise medical bills for non-emergency care. Before that, AB1611 was proposed: it was supposed to protect against emergency room overcharges but California consumers are still getting gouged by out-of-network providers.
June 12, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Two Zantac Lawsuits, Two types of Cancer ]
Tampa, FL Two Zantac lawsuits recently filed allege the popular heartburn and acid reflux medication causes Zantac bladder cancer and Zantac colon cancer. Both plaintiffs claim they were exposed to dangerous amounts of N--Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a known cancer-causing chemical found in the medication.
June 5, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Elmiron Vision Loss Lawsuits Mounting ]
Santa Clara, CA On the heels of studies linking the bladder drug Elmiron to vision loss, lawsuits are being filed nationwide against Janssen Pharmaceuticals, claiming the interstitial cystitis medication causes serious vision damage, namely maculopathy — a degenerative disease of the retina. Further, the drug manufacturer has been accused of knowing the Elmiron vision risks and not disclosing them.
May 20, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Zantac Associated with Breast Cancer ]
Santa Clara, CA Several Zantac breast cancer lawsuits have been filed against the drug manufacturers, 12 years after a peer-reviewed study from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center linked Zantac with breast cancer.
May 14, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Getting Caught Can Reduce Emergency Room Overcharges ]
San Francisco, CA Last year Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital reduced a patient’s emergency room charges from $20,243 bill down to $200—after the patient, Nina Dang, contacted the media. She broke her arm on the pavement in a bike accident. Can’t reach the media? Of course lawyers experienced with negotiating ER overcharges can also substantially reduce hospital costs, both for insured and uninsured patients. “It’s frustrating that I have to hire a lawyer, but so far it’s been worth it,” said another ER patient, Alexa Sulvetta.
April 17, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ FDA Finally Pulls Zantac ]
Washington, DC Since at least last summer the FDA has known that a contaminant known as N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) was present in ranitidine medications (commonly known as the brand name Zantac), but the agency didn’t order a withdrawal of the popular heartburn drug until this month – almost a year later. Chances are, countless people who have been taking a side of a potential carcinogen with their Zantac dose each day are concerned about the possibility of developing Zantac-related cancer —and many people are filing Zantac lawsuits.
- Emergency Room Overcharges –Surprise! By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-20)
- Emergency Room Overcharges with Coronavirus Test By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-20)
- Rantidine Recalls Stoke Zantac Cancer Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-20)
- New Research: Brief Heat Exposure Increases Zantac Cancer Odds By Anne Wallace (Jan-14-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Zantac – Buyer Beware, but from Whom? By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-19)
- More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls By Jane Mundy (Nov-19-19)
- Has J&J Lost Its Way? By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-19)
- Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-19)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- Gadolinium Dyeing Out? By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-19)
- Lawmakers Suspect Gilead Has Ulterior Motives for Donating HIV/AIDS drug Truvada By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- “I was a Gadolinium Guinea Pig,” says Woman Diagnosed with Kidney Problems By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-19)
- Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested? By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-19)
- Xarelto Settlement of $775 million Over Failure to Warn Claims By Jane Mundy (Apr-9-19)
- Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion By Anne Wallace (Mar-13-19)
- Take the MRI, Hold the Gadolinium By Jane Mundy (Feb-27-19)
- Patients Battle Surprise Emergency Room Charges By Anne Wallace (Feb-20-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Settles Deceptive Hip Implant Marketing Lawsuits for $120 Million By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-19)
- Discrepancies in Emergency Room Overcharges Cause Frustration and Financial Woes By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-19)
- ER Charges: Underserved and Over-Charged thanks to Upcoding By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-19)
- Amputees Fighting for Insurance Coverage Get Tips from Blue Cross Antitrust Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-20-18)
- Valsartan Recall Lawsuits Filed over Alleged Carcinogenic Contaminants By Anne Wallace (Sep-17-18)
- Amputees’ Fight for Insurance Coverage Focuses on ‘Medical Necessity’ of Microprocessor Prosthetics By Anne Wallace (Sep-4-18)
- Anthem Denials of Emergency Room CT Scans and MRIs; Patients Sent to Clinics By Anne Wallace (Aug-6-18)
- Essure’s Shelf Life in the US Soon to Expire By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-18)
- Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow By Jane Mundy (May-31-18)
- More Type 2 Diabetics add Complaints to Ongoing Onglyza Litigation By Jane Mundy (Apr-4-18)
- “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Mar-31-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-30-18)
- IVC Filter Trials: Cook Medical Bellwether Dismissed, Bard Bellwether, Cordis and Rex Medical Going Forward By Jane Mundy (Mar-27-18)
- The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages By Anne Wallace (Mar-24-18)
- Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-18)
- New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-18)
- Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-18)
- Defective Hip Litigation Continues On against Zimmer, Smith & Nephew By Jane Mundy (Mar-12-18)