LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Legal News Articles & Interviews
April 16, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PPI Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
Newark, NJ A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against AstraZeneca, Merck & Co., Procter & Gamble and other manufacturers of proton pump inhibitor (PPI) drugs. Plaintiff Daisy Perez claims her husband, a New Mexico man, died of metastatic gastric cancer after taking Nexium and Prilosec.
April 14, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Emergency Room Overcharges Complaints Outrageous but True ]
Santa Clara, CA Many emergency room overcharges complaints submitted to LawyersandSettlements are so outrageous they seem fictional. Sadly, they are true. In each complaint below, the patient’s bill isn’t even close to the “going rate”.
April 1, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Emergency Room Overcharges Attorney Helps—if you are Committed ]
Los Angeles, CA Attorney Barry Kramer may be able to get your emergency room services reduced, but his goal is to change the hospital system and stop ER overcharges for everyone. If you think your hospital has overcharged you for their services and you’re willing to go the distance, and if you want to make a difference and help others, read on.
February 28, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Two Former Cardiologists Awarded $10.6 million for Reporting Patient Care Problems and Overcharging ]
Detroit, MI Tenet Healthcare was accused of acting with malice when a Michigan hospital demoted two cardiologists after the complained about cost-cutting measures, overcharging and substandard patient care. The doctors filed a False Claims lawsuit and retaliation is costly—to the tune of $10.6M.
February 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled ]
Atlanta, GA The Ethicon Physiomesh bellwether trial schedule, which was delayed due to COVID-19, has been confirmed by U.S. District Judge Richard Story in the Northern District of Georgia. The first hernia mesh complications case will go before a jury in March 2021.
February 18, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitor Maker Facing Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
Las Vegas, NV Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) manufacturers and distributors AstraZeneca and Merck are facing a wrongful death lawsuit alleging the side effects of Nexium caused stomach cancer, which lead to death.
January 29, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Whittling Down PPI Cases for Bellwether Trials ]
New Jersey If all goes according to Judge Cecchi’s plan, the pool of Proton Pump Inhibitor drugs (PPI) cases will have whittled down to six only – from a total of 32 potential bellwether cases by the end of January.
January 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned ]
Columbus, OH Having been delayed three times now, the first C.R. Bard hernia mesh lawsuit is slated for April 19, 2021. The bellwether jury trial has been centralized before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus in the Southern District of Ohio. At issue is that Bard and its subsidiary Davol knew and when they knew about their defective hernia mesh.
December 31, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients ]
Santa Clara, CA Over the past several years, Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) have been linked to serious health complications. And more recent studies indicate that these acid reflux drugs do more harm than good. One such study opines that PPI exposure increases mortality in COVID-19 patients. Other studies suggest PPIs can damage major organs and regular use of PPI is linked to a higher risk of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and serious skin reactions such as life-threatening Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. And there is more…
December 8, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond ]
West Palm Beach, FL As 2020 draws to a close, the toll of death and injury from Zantac-related cancers continues to rise, as do the number of Zantac cancer lawsuits. Meanwhile, In Re: Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation, the multidistrict litigation into which many of the individual lawsuits have been consolidated, grinds on without much apparent news.
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Allergan Refuses to Pay for Surgery to Remove Breast Implants Linked to Cancer By Anne Wallace (Dec-1-20)
- “Acid Reflux Drugs Caused my Type 2 Diabetes” By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-20)
- More Injectafer Lawsuits Alleging Hypophosphatemia – a Serious Health Risk By Jane Mundy (Nov-13-20)
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-20)
- Bayer Essure Settlement a Victory for Thousands of Essure Victims and E-Sisters By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-20)
- Regular Acid-reflux Drug Use Linked to Higher Risk of type 2 Diabetes By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-20)
- IUD Breakage an Increasing ParaGard Problem By Jane Mundy (Oct-23-20)
- Looks like New Jersey hosts Elmiron MDL By Jane Mundy (Oct-20-20)
- C.R. Bard Hernia Mesh Trial Gets the Green Light By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-20)
- Injectafer Double Dose—Double Profit and Double Risk, and Dosage Discrepancy By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)
- Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- More Elmiron Lawsuits, including Canada Class Actions, and the Impact of Vision Loss By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-20)
- FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths By Anne Wallace (Sep-15-20)
- Bayer to Settle Essure Birth Control Lawsuits for $1.6 Billion By Jane Mundy (Sep-11-20)
- “Now is not the time to tinker with Injectafer labeling,” says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Sep-2-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuit Accuses Pharmaceutical Giants of Racketeering By Anne Wallace (Sep-2-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)
- Elmiron may no longer be Drug Companies’ Golden Goose By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Under Pressure, Elmiron Manufacturer Updates its Label By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-20)
- New Jersey Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant Lawsuits Consolidated in New Jersey Superior Court By Anne Wallace (Jul-10-20)
- FDA Pulls Zantac off Shelves By Anne Wallace (Jul-6-20)
- Insured Californians Getting Gouged by Out-of-Network Providers By Jane Mundy (Jun-16-20)
- Two Zantac Lawsuits, Two types of Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jun-12-20)
- Elmiron Vision Loss Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-20)
- Zantac Associated with Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-20-20)
- Getting Caught Can Reduce Emergency Room Overcharges By Jane Mundy (May-14-20)
- FDA Finally Pulls Zantac By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-20)
- Emergency Room Overcharges –Surprise! By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-20)
- Emergency Room Overcharges with Coronavirus Test By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-20)
- Rantidine Recalls Stoke Zantac Cancer Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-20)
- New Research: Brief Heat Exposure Increases Zantac Cancer Odds By Anne Wallace (Jan-14-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Zantac – Buyer Beware, but from Whom? By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-19)
- More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls By Jane Mundy (Nov-19-19)