LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Drugs/Medical Lawyer Interviews
April 1, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Emergency Room Overcharges Attorney Helps—if you are Committed ]
Los Angeles, CA Attorney Barry Kramer may be able to get your emergency room services reduced, but his goal is to change the hospital system and stop ER overcharges for everyone. If you think your hospital has overcharged you for their services and you’re willing to go the distance, and if you want to make a difference and help others, read on.
September 2, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Now is not the time to tinker with Injectafer labeling,” says Attorney ]
West Palm Beach, FL Injectafer, an intravenous iron replacement drug, has recently caught the attention of researchers and the medical community, and in their wake, the legal community. Increasingly, researchers found that the benefits of Injectafer can be outweighed by the serious side effect of severely low phosphorus levels known as hypophosphatemia (HPP). Attorney Brenda Fulmer explains why this drug is still on the market and why patients are filing Injectafer lawsuits.
“The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney
March 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Austin, TX: By now, most everyone following the talcum powder lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson know the company is accused of failure to warn consumers about ovarian cancer risks. What they likely don’t know is that J&J isn’t required to disclose all the ingredients in their talc recipe. Attorney Mark Mueller urges the public to demand transparency…Read [ “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney ]
March 19, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Chicago, ILOn the advice of her doctor, Barbara Kaiser had Prolift pelvic mesh implanted in 2009 to treat her pelvic organ prolapse. She then began to suffer from low pelvic pain. It was only years later that she learned that this was likely a transvaginal mesh complication. Her doctor never told her about this and he, himself, claims to have not been aware of all of the risks, including the danger of severe and irreversible injury to his patients.Read [ Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit ]
March 9, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Crosby, TX If they'd been told just how dangerous the Arkema Inc. chemical plant could become the plaintiffs would have taken more precautions, but according to the statement of claim filed in a Texas court, Arkema's failure to warn authorities and the public resulted in serious injuries to a team of first responders and nearby residents.Read [ First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey ]
March 8, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
York, PA: Last month a group of women, including "Essure Problems" Facebook representatives and Madris Tomes from Device Events, met with FDA chief Scott Gottlieb in an attempt to have the Essure sterilization device withdrawn from the U.S. market. At the meeting, Tomes presented data from the FDA's own MAUDE ((Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience) database that the FDA and their legal counsel in attendance were seemingly unaware of. One would think the FDA may be embarrassed being caught off-guard like this, to say the least.Read [ "Essure Problems" Women Bring FDA's Data to Meeting that FDA were Unaware Of ]
March 3, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: "With all these opioid lawsuits filed against big Pharma, manufacturers, distributors and pharmacy chains, we are hopeful that a treasure trove of discovery will be uncovered to help individuals," says attorney Shezad Malik. "This teacher, this fireman, so many people wouldn't have fallen into the opioid trap if these drugs weren't pushed on them by their doctor or hospital."Read [ Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits ]
Medical Billing and Hospital Overcharges - What Happened to the Hippocratic Oath of "first, do no harm"?
February 19, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Tampa, FL: Attorney Ben Stewart is seeing an increase in hospital overcharging, mostly to uninsured people. "Look carefully at your medical bills. If you have been overcharged and have either started a payment schedule or completed payment, you may be entitled to monetary damages," says Stewart.Read [ Medical Billing and Hospital Overcharges - What Happened to the Hippocratic Oath of "first, do no harm"? ]
February 14, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Southlake, TX: Some DePuy ASR hip replacement patients are having problems finding a surgeon to perform revision surgery. Besides having to deal with a defective medical device, surgeons are in a dilemma and the FDA could have done more to help patients.Read [ Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement ]
February 2, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Cranston, RI: When Lori was hospitalized for a back injury 40 years ago, she was given Demerol injections and sent home with a host of opioid painkillers and sedatives. “I became physically dependent, with an unlimited supply of drugs prescribed mostly by one doctor,” Lori says. “For many years I was non-functional and depressed, and a single mother. I am lucky to be alive.”Read [ Social Worker and Mother in Recovery 30 years from Opioid Prescriptions, Son Died from Overdose ]
- Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-18)
- Not Too Late for Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-15-17)
- The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year By Brenda Craig (Dec-13-17)
- Untold Story of Opioid Epidemic: Attorney Explains Kickbacks and Billing Fraud By Anne Wallace (Nov-27-17)
- Georgia Widow Sues Hospital for Bedsores By Brenda Craig (Nov-17-17)
- Lawsuit Alleges Hormone Coated Mirena IUD Can Lead to Blindness By Brenda Craig (Nov-9-17)
- Mesothelioma Victims and Their Families Win Lawsuits against Insulation Supplier By Brenda Craig (Oct-31-17)
- East Texas County Joins Legal War Against Opioid Manufacturers By Brenda Craig (Oct-12-17)
- Attorney Explains Difference between Definition of Disability By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-17)
- Insurers Seek Compensation from St. Jude’s Medical in Class Action Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Sep-23-17)
- New Information Shown to Jury Produced Record Talc Verdict By Brenda Craig (Aug-31-17)
- Cancer Patient Files Lawsuit for Delayed Diagnosis By Brenda Craig (Aug-14-17)
- Deadline Set in $300 Million Settlement in Benicar Lawsuit – Short Window! By Brenda Craig (Aug-10-17)
- Hip Replacement and Cobalt Poisoning misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's By Jane Mundy (Aug-1-17)
- Healthcare Fraudsters Caught in Giant DOJ Sweep By Brenda Craig (Jul-30-17)
- Illinois Fights Opioid Crisis with Class Action Suit By Brenda Craig (Jul-19-17)
- Hip Replacement Patient says Better Off Without By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-17)
- FDA Black Box Warning Adds Fuel to Invokana Lawsuits By Brenda Craig (Jun-24-17)
- Botched Circumcision Case in Discovery By Brenda Craig (Jun-7-17)
- MDL Plaintiffs Increasing in Alleged Viagra Melanoma Connection Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Jun-1-17)
- Deadly Drugs and Devices Report by AAJ is a Must Read for Women By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Claims against Xarelto Due to Be Tested in Court Again By Brenda Craig (May-28-17)
- Generic Docetaxel Inclusion in Taxotere MDL Significant Departure By Brenda Craig (May-24-17)
- Attorney Max Kennerly Takes Sides against Essure By Brenda Craig (May-18-17)
- Power Morcellation Suits Wrap Up but Doctors Still Like Procedure By Brenda Craig (Apr-18-17)
- FDA Warns Against Off Label Angioplasty Treatment Known as TVAM By Brenda Craig (Apr-18-17)
- The Story of Libby Montana and Asbestosis By Brenda Craig (Apr-9-17)
- California Women Suffers Permanent Hair Loss after Taxotere Chemo – Suit Claims By Brenda Craig (Mar-29-17)
- Woman Claims She Suffered Injuries from Shingles Vaccine By Deb Hipp (Mar-27-17)
- Women Injured During ParaGard Removal May Have Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Mar-25-17)
- Zimmer Biomet Shoulder Implant Recall Requires Immediate Attention By Brenda Craig (Mar-15-17)
- Fighting Back Against the High Cost of Insulin By Brenda Craig (Mar-6-17)
- Doctor from Dallas Collects $11.4 million for Blowing the Whistle on Healthcare Fraud By Brenda Craig (Mar-4-17)
- Qui Tam Whistleblowers and Healthcare Fraud: “It’s a Completely Criminal Enterprise” By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-17)
- Nurse Lives with Bard IVC Filter tine lost in her Body By Brenda Craig (Feb-17-17)
- Surgery Patients Demand Monitoring for Potentially Deadly Infection in Class Action By Brenda Craig (Feb-10-17)
- INRatio Class Action Headed for Trial By Brenda Craig (Feb-8-17)
- Monsanto Loses Labelling Battle in California – Tentatively By Brenda Craig (Feb-4-17)
- More Talc Litigation Coming in 2017 By Brenda Craig (Jan-20-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)