LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Malpractice Legal News Articles & Interviews
July 2, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: “We have filed a sexual abuse lawsuit on behalf of several women who were examined by Dr. George Tyndall, the former gynecologist at the University of Southern California,” says attorney Susan Owen, with the law firm of Owen, Patterson and Owen, LLP. “They were young women when they saw this sexual predator for their first gynecological exam, and they had no idea of what to expect,” says Owen. ”USC was on notice of Dr. Tyndall’s misconduct long before these women came forward, yet the University chose to do nothing.”Read [ “More and More Women Coming Forward,” says Attorney for USC Sex Abuse Plaintiffs ]
December 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Muscogee County, GA: In what is believed to be one of the largest awards to a patient for a Georgia medical malpractice lawsuit in the State, a brain-damaged plaintiff goes home with a total of $26 million after a Superior Court jury found St. Francis Hospital Inc. (St. Francis) 100 percent liable for the post-surgery injuries sustained by patient Sandra Williams.Read [ $26 Million Georgia Medical Malpractice Award One of the Largest in the State ]
November 17, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Atlanta, GA: A Georgia widow has filed a Medical Malpractice lawsuit against an Atlanta hospital group. She is charging that negligent care caused her husband to endure fourth-degree bedsores during his stay at the facility and resulted in unnecessary suffering that ultimately lead to his death.Read [ Georgia Widow Sues Hospital for Bedsores ]
November 11, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dallas, TX: A recently-filed first responder malpractice lawsuit in Texas paints a heartbreaking story about a child whose death may have been prevented had more expert care been available at the emergency care facility to which the parents of Olivia Steinborn brought their critically-ill daughter.Read [ First Responder Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in Texas Seeks $1 Million ]
November 6, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: Allegations of witness tampering have stalled the beginning of the Xarelto litigation. The first Xarelto trail was set to being Monday, November 6, but instead got sidelined by attempts to determine the significance of a meeting between a key witness, Dr. Timothy Aldridge, the plaintiff’s treating physician, and a Janssen sales representative.Read [ First Xarelto Trial Stalled Over Allegations of Witness Tampering ]
October 19, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Atlanta, GA: A Medical Malpractice trial that began last month over a Georgia grandmother’s bowel obstruction and subsequent death has resulted in a $6 million verdict against one doctor. Another medical negligence case found the anesthesiologist responsible for a woman’s death and resulted in a $22 million jury award, but the doctor’s attorney has asked the Georgia Supreme Court for a new trial.Read [ Two Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawsuits Question Medical Judgement ]
September 13, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: A Georgia mother who accused her nurse midwife of negligence which allegedly led to injuries suffered by the plaintiff’s child will not have her Georgia medical malpractice lawsuit revived unless she is prepared to take the matter to a higher court.Read [ Georgia Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Lost on Appeal ]
August 14, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Atlanta, GA: In May 2015, Cynthia Ziegler from Brookhaven, Georgia received a devastating diagnosis from her doctor. Ziegler had stage IV lung cancer and there was no reason for optimism. Until that day Ziegler had no idea there was a dangerous cancer lurking in her chest.Read [ Cancer Patient Files Lawsuit for Delayed Diagnosis ]
July 13, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: The US Attorney General’s office has charged 412 defendants in 41 federal districts with Medicaid fraud resulting from false billings, and prescribing and distributing opioids and other dangerous drugs. The fraud is estimated to have cost Medicaid $1.3 billion resulting from false billings. More than 120 defendants have been charged for their roles in prescribing and distributing opioids and other dangerous narcotics, including doctors. In addition, Health and Human Services has initiated suspension actions against 295 providers, including doctors, nurses and pharmacists.Read [ Charges Laid Against 412 Individuals for Medicaid Fraud and Opioid Prescribing ]
May 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Dallas,TX: A legal showdown is brewing in the state of Texas over that state’s cap on punitive damages. Texas medical malpractice lawyers representing plaintiffs who saw their $502 million jury award over failed DePuy Pinnacle hip implants reduced to $150 million, are challenging the state caps at the same time that DePuy principle Johnson & Johnson is appealing the original verdict.Read [ From $20 Million to Fifty Bucks: Could the Same Thing Happen in Texas? ]
- Another Unarmed Black Man Shot and Killed by Police By Lucy Campbell (Sep-28-16)
- FDA Solidly on the Fence with Regard to Troubled Endoscope Reprocessor By Gordon Gibb (Sep-8-16)
- Continued Fallout from Three-Year Delay to Recall Problematic Endoscopes By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-16)
- Dallas Jury in $6.8M Verdict Against Hospital that Let Heart Patient Go Blind By The National Trial Lawyers (Aug-10-16)
- Problems with Power Morcellators Lead to Government Action By Heidi Turner (Jul-8-16)
- New Study Shows Just How Difficult Endoscope Disinfection Is By Heidi Turner (Jul-6-16)
- Lawsuit Filed against City for Officer’s Alleged Sexual Misconduct By Heidi Turner (Jun-21-16)
- Suicide as a Wrongful Death or Medical Malpractice Suit By Brenda Craig (Jun-14-16)
- The Curious FDA Reversal over Allegedly Flawed Endoscope Washers By Gordon Gibb (Jun-5-16)
- Bair Hugger Blankets Used in Canadian Hospitals By Jane Mundy (May-26-16)
- Veteran Who Filed for Benefits in 2001 Has Yet to Receive Them By Gordon Gibb (May-23-16)
- Dennis Hastert Sentenced to 15 Months in Case Linked to Sexual Misconduct By Heidi Turner (May-13-16)
- $20M Settlement San Diego Infant Permanently Injured by Negligent NICU Staff By The National Trial Lawyers (May-12-16)
- Whistleblower and Attorney Appeal QTC and Veterans’ Agent Orange Cases By Jane Mundy (May-10-16)
- FDA Reportedly Reverses Decision on Endoscope Recall By Heidi Turner (May-9-16)
- Operating Room Fires Occur Hundreds of Times in the US By Gordon Gibb (May-5-16)
- Medical Error Third Leading Cause of Death in the US By Lucy Campbell (May-4-16)
- Did Contractor Drop the Ball on VA Benefits? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-16)
- Massachusetts Hospital Slammed with Endoscopy Infection Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Apr-11-16)
- Second Circuit Rules Against Reducing Veteran’s Damages Award By The National Trial Lawyers (Apr-9-16)
- Laparoscopic Power Morcellation amongst Most Dangerous Medical Procedures By Gordon Gibb (Apr-3-16)
- Appealing Denied VA Benefits Successfully Takes Knowledge of How System Works By Gordon Gibb (Mar-23-16)
- Defective Hip Implant Plaintiffs Awarded $502 Million on St. Patrick’s Day By Gordon Gibb (Mar-20-16)
- Olympus Corp On the Hook for $646 Million, Endoscope Infections Still a Concern By Gordon Gibb (Mar-6-16)
- 1% of Physicians Account for One-third of Paid Medical Malpractice Claims By The National Trial Lawyers (Feb-25-16)
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed against Southern California Gas Company By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-16)
- A Possible Legal Enhancement in the Works for Veterans Seeking VA Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-16)
- Voluntary Recall of Olympus Duodenoscope Announced While Regulators Slam Device Makers By Heidi Turner (Feb-7-16)
- Frivolous Medical Malpractice Suits Are Myth Says Lawyer By Brenda Craig (Jan-20-16)
- Lawsuits Allege Olympus Withheld Reports of Endoscopy Infections from US Hospitals By Gordon Gibb (Dec-30-15)
- In Time for Christmas, an Olive Branch from the VA By Gordon Gibb (Dec-21-15)
- Power Morcellator Lawsuits Consolidated; More Lawsuits Filed By Heidi Turner (Dec-15-15)
- Veterans Day Is Nice, but Battles Remain in the Real World for Veterans By Gordon Gibb (Nov-21-15)
- Officials Announce Power Morcellation Investigation By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-15)
- Yale Law School Champions Disabled Veterans Still Awaiting VA Benefits By Gordon Gibb (Sep-13-15)
- Countless Veterans Still Waiting for Mustard Gas Benefits: NPR By Gordon Gibb (Aug-25-15)
- Efforts Intensify to Deliver VA Benefits to Blue Water Veterans By Gordon Gibb (Jul-28-15)
- Veterans Groups Launch VA Lawsuit, Claim Changes Just Make Things Worse By Gordon Gibb (Jun-16-15)
- More Veterans Lawsuits Filed against VA Claims Process By Heidi Turner (May-31-15)
- Veterans Waiting Years Just for Their Records, VA Lawsuit Asserts By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-15)