LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 7, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ In Utah Nonpatients Can Sue for Medical Malpractice (Sometimes) ]
Salt Lake City, UT In 2016, the Utah legislature amended existing medical malpractice law to permit people who are not patients to sue a medical practitioner for medical negligence – but only in some circumstances. The amended law appears to codify the Utah Supreme Court’s 2012 decision in B.R. v. West, a particularly gruesome murder case.
February 3, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuits Rising ]
Camp Lejeune, NC Since the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022 came into effect, the floodgates have opened for veterans to file Camp Lejeune contaminated water lawsuits, along with a trail of red tape.
January 23, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Judge Irate Over 3M Earplugs Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA 3M’s move to shift liability for military earplug injury lawsuits by placing its Aearo Technologies subsidiary into bankruptcy seems to have backfired. A federal judge has described the move as “bad faith tactics” and an “abuse of the litigation process”.
January 18, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Philips CPAP Cancer Lawsuit ]
New York, NY Another CPAP lawsuit has been filed against Philips, this time by a New York man suffering from mouth and tongue cancer and other injuries. This latest lawsuit joins hundreds of other former users of Philips CPAP devices diagnosed with cancer as part of an MDL in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
January 11, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Promises to end PFAS Toxic Chemical Production by 2025 ]
Santa Clara, CA 3M Company, which manufactures toxic per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) products, has promised to end production of ‘forever chemicals” by 2025. Critics say 3M’s move is related to its more than 3,000 firefighter foam cancer lawsuits, and attorneys anticipate more product liability complaints. Will the company make good its commitment? Will it stop making Scotchgard products?
January 4, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Camp Lejeune Denied Claims Must Be Resubmitted Under New Act – AKA more Red Tape ]
Wilmington, NC All previously denied Camp Lejeune injury claims need to be resubmitted, according to the new Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022. But many plaintiffs argue that they shouldn’t have to go through the same administrative process again.
January 3, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit: Attorney Weighs In ]
Houston, TX Gabriel Assaad has filed lawsuits against 3M and Arizant Healthcare (3M acquired Arizant in 2010) on behalf of patients who developed periprosthetic joint infections (PJI) after undergoing joint replacement surgery where a Bair Hugger warming blanket was used. If you had a knee or hip replacement surgery, suffered an infection and required additional surgery on your implant, you may be entitled to compensation.
December 29, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Awards Idaho Man $7.96 Million in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit ]
Boise, ID Shane Ackerschott hurt his back lifting freight at work, but that wasn’t what put him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. An Idaho jury found that Ackerschcott became paralyzed from the waist down because of medical malpractice at the urgent care clinic he and his wife, Rebecca, visited. The jury in Ackerschott v. Mountain View Hospital awarded them $7.96 million.
December 27, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Victims Stymied by Bestwall LLC Bankruptcy ]
Richmond, VA On December 6, asbestos mesothelioma claimants asked a Fourth Circuit panel for permission to pursue their claims against Georgia-Pacific, the corporate parent of Bestwall LLC, which has filed for Chapter11 bankruptcy protection. The fundamental question in Bestwall LLC et al. v. Official Committee of Asbestos Claimants is whether the complicated corporate restructuring that preceded Bestwall’s bankruptcy was done in good faith, or whether it was a ruse designed to shield corporate assets from the claims of workers who were sickened by their exposure to asbestos. There is nearly 100 years of history behind this.
December 26, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ California Files PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit against 3M Company ]
Alameda, CA On November 10, the state of California filed a perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) lawsuit in California Superior Court against 3M Co. and more than a dozen other defendants involved in the manufacture and distribution of these toxic “forever chemicals.” California v. 3M Company alleges that these substances, which have been widely used in the manufacture of products from firefighting foam to dental floss, have contaminated soil and water supplies and are now found in the bloodstreams of 98 percent of California’s 39 million people. Even at low concentrations, they have been linked to cancer and a variety of other health problems.
- CPAP Recall Gone Wrong Nearing Settlement with Philips and Justice Department By Jane Mundy (Dec-14-22)
- Veterans Want Stay Lifted on 3M Earplug Hearing Loss Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-22)
- 3M Earplug Injury Verdict of $50M Firm By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-22)
- Department of Defense to Stop Using PFAS-Based Firefighting Foam in 2024 By Anne Wallace (Nov-14-22)
- Veteran Files Camp LeJeune Contaminated Water Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Nov-7-22)
- The Right To Walk: Why Everyone Should Have Access to Sidewalks and Crosswalks By LAS Staff Writer (Nov-4-22)
- Is Florida the most dangerous state to ride a motorcycle in? By LAS Staff Writer (Oct-9-22)
- PFAS Water Contamination Lawsuits Update By Jane Mundy (Oct-5-22)
- Last-Ditch Effort for 3M Bair Hugger Appeal By Jane Mundy (Oct-4-22)
- Class Action Toxic Tort Lawsuit Filed in Camp LeJeune Water Contamination Case By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-22)
- Two More Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Recalls By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-22)
- Marine with Ulcerative Colitis Files Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-22)
- Attorney Discusses Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-22)
- Marine at Camp LeJeune with Cancer Concerned about Children By Jane Mundy (Aug-4-22)
- Lawsuit: Philips Knew CPAP Sleep Machines Link to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-22)
- Abbott Formula and ‘Absurd’ Loophole By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-22)
- Toxic Herbicide Paraquat Lawsuit Claims and Risk of Parkinson’s Disease By LAS Staff Writer (Jul-15-22)
- Bacteria one main reason for Baby Formula Shortage By Jane Mundy (May-30-22)
- Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? By Jane Mundy (May-27-22)
- Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims By Jane Mundy (May-17-22)
- Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-22)
- Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-22)
- Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-22)
- Investors Balk at Bayer with Roundup and Monsanto Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-22)
- Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott for Failure to Warn About Baby Formula Risks By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-22)
- Two Lawsuits Filed Against Catholic Priests and Dioceses Under New Child Sex Abuse Law By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-22)
- Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-22)
- Another NEC Similac Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-22)
- Bayer Done with Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-22)
- Another Sex Abuse Lawsuit Filed After University of Michigan’s $490 million Settlement By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-22)
- CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-22)
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Mother Files Lawsuit Claiming Similac Infant Formula Caused Baby’s Death By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Juvenile Detention Center Residents “Obscenely Abused” for Years File Another Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-19-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- Things to Know About the Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit By LAS Staff Writer (Dec-17-21)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- Turning Points 'Not' for Children By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-21)