LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
April 16, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PPI Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
Newark, NJ A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed against AstraZeneca, Merck & Co., Procter & Gamble and other manufacturers of proton pump inhibitor (PPI) drugs. Plaintiff Daisy Perez claims her husband, a New Mexico man, died of metastatic gastric cancer after taking Nexium and Prilosec.
March 30, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ City of LaCrosse sues 3M Company over PFAS Water Contamination ]
LaCrosse, WI On March 4, the City of La Crosse filed a lawsuit in the Wisconsin Circuit Court alleging that 3M Company and 22 other defendants produced and marketed products containing perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) with knowledge that these substances were likely to contaminate public and private wells throughout the city.
March 29, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer has been working out Monsanto’s Roundup settlement since acquiring the glyphosate manufacturer in 2018. The corporation expects to resolve future claims that its weedkiller causes cancer by mid-May. Here is a brief history of Bayer’s $11 billion outline settlement.
March 28, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New Jersey Nursing Homes Operator Counting on Protocol to Dismiss Lawsuit ]
Lafayette, NJ The Andover nursing homes operator is facing a proposed class action lawsuit claiming poor treatment of residents before and during the COVID-19 pandemic. He argued in federal court to dismiss the nursing home abuse complaint based on state and federal law virus protocol.
Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company
March 16, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company ]
Seattle, WA Despite mesothelioma victim Cliff Little providing a substantial amount of evidence in his asbestos lawsuit against Pryor-Giggey, a company that manufactured asbestos-contaminated boiler refractory insulation, the company successfully argued that there was no evidence to prove its products were used at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard where Little worked.
March 2, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Repeated Sexual Abuse in Nursing Home Criminal ]
Oswego, NY A female resident in Pontiac Nursing Home in Oswego suffering from dementia was sexually abused three times by another resident who was admitted to Pontiac in 2019. Management declined to tell Pontiac’s doctor and other employees that he was a known sexual offender.
February 25, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags ]
Washington, DC The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has ordered Ford to recall three million cars that contain defective driver’s side airbags. The airbags contain potentially faulty Takata inflators that may cause the bags to rupture, resulting in catastrophic airbag injuries. This follows a similar 2020 order affecting General Motors.
February 22, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims ]
San Francisco, CA To resolve future claims that Monsanto’s Roundup causes cancer, Bayer is coughing up a $2 billion settlement that includes benefits for people—mainly farmers and gardeners-- who were exposed to Roundup and develop the cancer in the future.
February 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled ]
Atlanta, GA The Ethicon Physiomesh bellwether trial schedule, which was delayed due to COVID-19, has been confirmed by U.S. District Judge Richard Story in the Northern District of Georgia. The first hernia mesh complications case will go before a jury in March 2021.
February 18, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitor Maker Facing Wrongful Death Lawsuit ]
Las Vegas, NV Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) manufacturers and distributors AstraZeneca and Merck are facing a wrongful death lawsuit alleging the side effects of Nexium caused stomach cancer, which lead to death.
- Firefighting Foam $17.5M Settlement a “Huge Milestone” By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-21)
- Whittling Down PPI Cases for Bellwether Trials By Jane Mundy (Jan-29-21)
- Forever Waiting for EPA’s Limits on PFAS “Forever Chemicals” By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-21)
- “Do I Have a Firefighting Foam or Contaminated Water Lawsuit?” PFAS Contamination Lawyer Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-20)
- PFAS Association with COVID – Advice is Confusing By Jane Mundy (Dec-26-20)
- “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-20)
- What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond By Anne Wallace (Dec-8-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-10-20)
- California Jury Decision in Zoom Asbestos Trial Admirable By Jane Mundy (Nov-3-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-20)
- Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-20)
- Tobacco Industry’s Back in Business with E-Cigarettes By Jane Mundy (Jun-22-20)
- The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-20)
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus By Jane Mundy (May-27-20)
- Tell teens that Now is the Time to Quit E-Cigarettes and Vaping By Jane Mundy (May-18-20)
- E-Cig and Vape Companies Cashing in on COVID-19 By Jane Mundy (Apr-20-20)
- Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-20)
- Government Preemption Doesn’t Apply to 3M Earplugs By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-20)
- Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-20)
- Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-20)
- Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up By Jane Mundy (Mar-11-20)
- E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say By Anne Wallace (Feb-17-20)
- E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud By Anne Wallace (Jan-20-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-19)
- Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-19)
- Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)