LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Update
May 28, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Update ]
Santa Clara, CA Due to so many hair straightener lawsuits filed since a study found the products linked to certain cancers, a multi-district litigation (MDL) has been established in the Northern District of Illinois to consolidate all hair relaxer lawsuits. Recent complaints also allege the hair relaxer products cause fertility problems. Lawsuits against L’Oreal and other hair relaxer manufacturers have skyrocketed, however Revlon was not officially named in lawsuits because the cosmetic giant filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last June – one week before the NHI study was released that triggered hair relaxer litigation.
PFAS Linked to Obesity
May 26, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ PFAS Linked to Obesity ]
Kingston, RI A University of Rhode Island study has confirmed that increased PFAS content in blood promotes weight gain and makes it harder to keep a lower body weight after weight loss. Perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) “forever chemicals” have previously been linked to a variety of health conditions, including cancers, liver disease and thyroid disease. The newly-found connection with obesity effectively doubles the health risks caused by this environmental contaminant.
Philips CPAP Recall and Test Results Update
May 24, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Recall and Test Results Update ]
Santa Clara, CA Phillips Respironics, manufacturer of CPAP/ BiPAP sleep machines, on May 16 announced test results of its recalled devices. About two weeks previously the company announced it has set aside another $630 million to settle CPAP lawsuits, adding to $1 billion already earmarked to cover the cost of recalling, replacing or repairing millions of its recalled sleep apnea machines.
Enfamil Linked to Preemie Blindness, Cerebral Palsy
May 23, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Enfamil Linked to Preemie Blindness, Cerebral Palsy ]
Evansville, IN On April 17, Sandra Hayes sued Mead Johnson & Company, alleging that the baby formula manufacturer was responsible for injuring Adam Hayes shortly after his birth. The necrotizing enterocolitis lawsuit details baby Adam’s injuries including partial blindness and cerebral palsy brought on by his consumption of Enfamil Premature 24, a cow’s milk-based formula in the days after his early birth.
Why Distracted Driving Cases Can Be Tough To Prove Without A Lawyer
May 15, 2023. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Why Distracted Driving Cases Can Be Tough To Prove Without A Lawyer ]
Santa Clara, CA Distracted driving is when a motorist engages in behavior or activity that takes their attention away from the act of driving, possibly resulting in traffic collisions. A significant percentage of drivers admit to making mistakes while on their cell phones. California is among the states that have banned text messaging for all drivers. The NHTSA recorded over 2800 distracted driving cases in 2020 and about 3200 related fatalities.
Johnson & Johnson Offers $8.9 Billion to Settle Talcum Powder Lawsuits
April 29, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Johnson & Johnson Offers $8.9 Billion to Settle Talcum Powder Lawsuits ]
Newark, NJ On April 4, Johnson & Johnson made a new offer of $8.9 billion to settle tens of thousands of talcum powder lawsuits. The lawsuits allege that widespread asbestos contamination of the company’s talc products caused users to suffer from mesothelioma and various gynecological cancers.
Can PFAS and PFOAs be Scrubbed from Drinking Water?
April 27, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Can PFAS and PFOAs be Scrubbed from Drinking Water? ]
Washington, DC New reports suggest that technological innovations may be effective in scrubbing perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) “forever chemicals” from the nation’s drinking water. These innovations suggest part of a prospective remedy for the widespread health and environmental damage caused by these chemicals.
New Study Links Monsanto’s Roundup to Children’s Liver Disease
April 21, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New Study Links Monsanto’s Roundup to Children’s Liver Disease ]
Santa Clara, CA A new study has determined that metabolic disorders and liver diseases are increasing among youth and young adults. Researchers at the University of California Berkeley’s School of Public Health after studying mothers and children in Salinas Valley, California, have linked this disturbing increase to the use of glyphosate--the most widely used herbicide worldwide and the active ingredient of Roundup. And the next Monsanto trial is scheduled to take place next week in St. Louis County.
6 Ways Motorcycle Accident Victims Can Receive Maximum Compensation with a Personal Injury Lawyer
April 20, 2023. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ 6 Ways Motorcycle Accident Victims Can Receive Maximum Compensation with a Personal Injury Lawyer ]
Santa Clara, CA Motorcycle accidents are gruesome realities of road life. Even after wearing protective gear, disfigurement, amputations, and paralysis is common with motorcycle accidents. Depending on the place of impact, even the best helmet in the market won’t prevent some form of brain injury. However, not all accidents are fatal or catastrophic. That is why riders should always keep a trusted law firm on speed dial in case of any road incident. First, call 911. Then call this number. Visit this motorcycle accident law firm’s website to learn more about your rights, precautions you can take, and nuances of the law, like how negligence contributes to assigning legal fault. Proving a case isn’t easy, but this is where an experienced lawyer can simplify the process. Following are some ways an attorney can help you formulate and solidify a legal case after a motorcycle accident.
Trial Set for Bard Hernia Mesh Lawsuit
April 14, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Trial Set for Bard Hernia Mesh Lawsuit ]
Santa Clara, CA The third Bard hernia mesh bellwether trial has been rescheduled from May – it will now begin in October. The hernia mesh lawsuits address claims that the Bard PerFix Plug is defectively designed and caused painful and serious issues after hernia repair.
- Camp LeJeune First Hearing By Jane Mundy (Apr-13-23)
- Hair Straightener Lawsuits Growing By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-23)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Recall Update By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-23)
- Camp Lejeune Litigation Logjam By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-23)
- Camp LeJeune Contaminated Water Lawsuits – Where’s the Flood? By Anne Wallace (Mar-25-23)
- Department of Defense Testing for Veterans’ Hearing Loss Falls on Deaf Ears at 3M By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-23)
- Thinx, Inc. to Settle PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-23)
- All You Need to Know About Filing a Claim After a Truck Accident By LAS Staff Writer (Mar-19-23)
- How to File a Claim for a Multi-car Pileup By LAS Staff Writer (Feb-20-23)
- In Utah Nonpatients Can Sue for Medical Malpractice (Sometimes) By Anne Wallace (Feb-7-23)
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuits Rising By Jane Mundy (Feb-3-23)
- Judge Irate Over 3M Earplugs Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-23-23)
- Another Philips CPAP Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-23)
- 3M Promises to end PFAS Toxic Chemical Production by 2025 By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-23)
- Camp Lejeune Denied Claims Must Be Resubmitted Under New Act – AKA more Red Tape By Jane Mundy (Jan-4-23)
- Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-3-23)
- Jury Awards Idaho Man $7.96 Million in Medical Malpractice Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-29-22)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Victims Stymied by Bestwall LLC Bankruptcy By Anne Wallace (Dec-27-22)
- California Files PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit against 3M Company By Anne Wallace (Dec-26-22)
- CPAP Recall Gone Wrong Nearing Settlement with Philips and Justice Department By Jane Mundy (Dec-14-22)
- Veterans Want Stay Lifted on 3M Earplug Hearing Loss Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-22)
- 3M Earplug Injury Verdict of $50M Firm By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-22)
- Department of Defense to Stop Using PFAS-Based Firefighting Foam in 2024 By Anne Wallace (Nov-14-22)
- Veteran Files Camp LeJeune Contaminated Water Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Nov-7-22)
- The Right To Walk: Why Everyone Should Have Access to Sidewalks and Crosswalks By LAS Staff Writer (Nov-4-22)
- Is Florida the most dangerous state to ride a motorcycle in? By LAS Staff Writer (Oct-9-22)
- PFAS Water Contamination Lawsuits Update By Jane Mundy (Oct-5-22)
- Last-Ditch Effort for 3M Bair Hugger Appeal By Jane Mundy (Oct-4-22)
- Class Action Toxic Tort Lawsuit Filed in Camp LeJeune Water Contamination Case By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-22)
- Two More Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Recalls By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-22)
- Marine with Ulcerative Colitis Files Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-22)
- Attorney Discusses Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-22)
- Marine at Camp LeJeune with Cancer Concerned about Children By Jane Mundy (Aug-4-22)
- Lawsuit: Philips Knew CPAP Sleep Machines Link to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-22)
- Abbott Formula and ‘Absurd’ Loophole By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-22)
- Toxic Herbicide Paraquat Lawsuit Claims and Risk of Parkinson’s Disease By LAS Staff Writer (Jul-15-22)
- Bacteria one main reason for Baby Formula Shortage By Jane Mundy (May-30-22)
- Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? By Jane Mundy (May-27-22)
- Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims By Jane Mundy (May-17-22)
- Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-22)