LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 20, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Do I Have a Firefighting Foam or Contaminated Water Lawsuit?” PFAS Contamination Lawyer Weighs In ]
Houston, TX PFAS contamination lawyer Bill Barfield, with McDonald Worley law firm, says the number of calls they receive about PFAS exposure is on the rise, from individuals worrying that their drinking water is contaminated to first responders exposed to firefighting foam at vehicle accident scenes. “Their first question is, ‘Do I have a claim?’ and their second question is, ‘Where can I get PFAS testing?’” says Barfield.
January 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned ]
Columbus, OH Having been delayed three times now, the first C.R. Bard hernia mesh lawsuit is slated for April 19, 2021. The bellwether jury trial has been centralized before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus in the Southern District of Ohio. At issue is that Bard and its subsidiary Davol knew and when they knew about their defective hernia mesh.
December 31, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients ]
Santa Clara, CA Over the past several years, Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) have been linked to serious health complications. And more recent studies indicate that these acid reflux drugs do more harm than good. One such study opines that PPI exposure increases mortality in COVID-19 patients. Other studies suggest PPIs can damage major organs and regular use of PPI is linked to a higher risk of being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and serious skin reactions such as life-threatening Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. And there is more…
December 26, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Association with COVID – Advice is Confusing ]
Traverse City, MI Some health experts and scientists offer confusing, and rather nonsensical, advice regarding PFAS and its association with COVID-19. Some health experts say that, "people with high levels of PFAS have a greater risk of being infected with COVID, and “special pandemic consideration may be appropriate for those exposed to PFAS chemicals.” Such open-ended statements open a veritable can of worms, and many questions.
December 20, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney ]
Birmingham, AL “People can still bring cases and pursue claims of asbestos exposure today, even though this litigation has been going on for decades,” says Gregory Cade, mesothelioma and asbestos lawyer and President of Environmental Litigation Group (“ELG”). If your claim has been denied, attorney Cade explains how you may try to qualify again.
December 8, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond ]
West Palm Beach, FL As 2020 draws to a close, the toll of death and injury from Zantac-related cancers continues to rise, as do the number of Zantac cancer lawsuits. Meanwhile, In Re: Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation, the multidistrict litigation into which many of the individual lawsuits have been consolidated, grinds on without much apparent news.
December 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” ]
Harrisburg, PA Kelly and John are just two of more than one million hernia repair surgeries performed yearly in the U.S., and 90 percent use surgical mesh. Recent reports indicate that one out of every three patients have suffered common mesh complications, some of which led to surgical mesh lawsuits.
November 10, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer needs to cough up more cash to settle Monsanto Roundup current and future lawsuits. While its current legal bill covers most of the Roundup claims, future Roundup cancer lawsuits have not yet been settled.
November 3, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ California Jury Decision in Zoom Asbestos Trial Admirable ]
Santa Clara, CA Despite Metalclad Insulation LLC arguing that COVID-19 restrictions and juror irregularities unfairly impacted an asbestos lawsuit claiming the manufacturer was liable for negligently failing to recall or warn about the risks of using insulation containing asbestos, a California jury awarded the plaintiffs, a Navy admiral and his wife, over $2.5 million.
August 19, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper ]
Wilmington, DE On July 21, Hiheshia Bell, the widow of Carl Glasper, filed a Zantac cancer lawsuit in Delaware Superior Court alleging that Zantac killed her husband. The lawsuit, which has since been removed to federal district court for the District of Delaware, delves deeply into the scientific evidence that Zantac was toxic.
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-20)
- Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-20)
- Tobacco Industry’s Back in Business with E-Cigarettes By Jane Mundy (Jun-22-20)
- The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-20)
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus By Jane Mundy (May-27-20)
- Tell teens that Now is the Time to Quit E-Cigarettes and Vaping By Jane Mundy (May-18-20)
- E-Cig and Vape Companies Cashing in on COVID-19 By Jane Mundy (Apr-20-20)
- Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-20)
- Government Preemption Doesn’t Apply to 3M Earplugs By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-20)
- Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-20)
- Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-20)
- Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up By Jane Mundy (Mar-11-20)
- E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say By Anne Wallace (Feb-17-20)
- E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud By Anne Wallace (Jan-20-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-19)
- Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-19)
- Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up By Jane Mundy (May-25-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)