LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
August 3, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? ]
New Orleans, LA A breast implant side effects lawsuit filed in the Eastern District of Louisiana may soon join the growing list of cases to be considered as part of the federal multidistrict litigation forming in New Jersey. Seuzeneau v. Allergan USA, Inc. charges that Allergan, which marketed, advertised and sold Biocell textured breast implants, failed to disclose the connection between the implants and BIA-ALCL, a rare form of cancer.
Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals
July 14, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals ]
St. Louis, MO A panel of three judges with the Missouri Appeals Court has found Johnson & Johnson “Outrageous because of Evil Motive or Reckless Indifference” and upheld an award of over $2 billion in damages: $500 million in compensatory damages, plus another $1.62 billion in punitive damages. This group of 22 ovarian cancer victims-- all of whom developed ovarian cancer from J&J’s baby powder-- has now received the sixth largest award in U.S. legal history.
July 3, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers ]
Santa Clara, CA The herbicides dicamba and glyphosate have a lot in common. Both are made by Monsanto, both are associated with environmental problems such as chemical drift and both cause health problems, such as cancer. Nobody knows this more than investigative journalist Carey Gillam.
June 22, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Tobacco Industry’s Back in Business with E-Cigarettes ]
Santa Clara, CA “The FDA has clamped down on a few e-cigarette companies that have behaved very irresponsibly, but the big boys, the multinational tobacco companies, are taking over the e-cigarette business,” says Dr. Stanton Glantz, a globally recognized expert on e-cigarettes and anti-smoking activist since the 1970s.
June 17, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? ]
Santa Clara, CA A federal court last week slammed the EPA for approving dicamba-based weed-killing products sold by agricultural giants Bayer AG, BASF and Corteva Agriscience, now making it illegal for farmers to use dicamba herbicides. The EPA also sided with Monsanto and its Roundup weedkiller, which has tragically resulted in more than 125,000 Monsanto cancer lawsuits.
May 27, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus ]
Santa Clara, CA A hearing by a California appeals court has been scheduled for June 2 in the case of Dewayne “Lee” Johnson v. Monsanto. Johnson was the first cancer victim to take Monsanto (now owned by Bayer) to court. His case garnered attention worldwide and opened the floodgates for tens of thousands of Monsanto Roundup lawsuits.
May 18, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Tell teens that Now is the Time to Quit E-Cigarettes and Vaping ]
Santa Clara, CA Warnings from researchers and health officials associating vaping and e-cigarette with the corona virus are escalating, coincidentally while Juul departs San Francisco HQ and downsizes to Washington, D.C.
April 20, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ E-Cig and Vape Companies Cashing in on COVID-19 ]
Santa Clara, CA Vaping and e-cigarette companies are using the corona virus crisis as a sales tool, despite warnings from health officials that vape and e-cigarette users might be at a higher risk for complications from COVID-19. And an attorney general accuses the FDA of vape fear mongering.
April 14, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit ]
Kansas City, MO Monsanto (owned by Bayer) and Scotts Miracle-Gro Products, Inc. claimed that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup weedkiller, is not found in humans or pets and only affects plant enzymes—therefore it is not a health risk to humans and animals. But not everyone believed them.
April 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Government Preemption Doesn’t Apply to 3M Earplugs ]
Florida In a Florida federal court last week, a group of military plaintiffs said that 3M can't argue that a government contract preemption gives it clearance to exit its 3M earplug lawsuit, which alleges the Combat Arms Earplug v2 made for the military is defective, because the earplugs were also advertised for civilian use.
- Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-20)
- Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-20)
- Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up By Jane Mundy (Mar-11-20)
- E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say By Anne Wallace (Feb-17-20)
- E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud By Anne Wallace (Jan-20-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-19)
- Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-19)
- Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up By Jane Mundy (May-25-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Merchant Marine Asbestos Cases from 1989 Reinstated By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Company Execs Indicted for Failing to Report Flammable Dehumidifiers By Jane Mundy (Apr-11-19)
- Texas 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplug Lawsuit Tells Tale of War Profiteering By Anne Wallace (Apr-2-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- $29 Million Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-19)
- Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion By Anne Wallace (Mar-13-19)
- 3M Allegedly Reported False Safety Results to Procure Lucrative Contract By Anne Wallace (Mar-6-19)