LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
July 19, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up ]
New York, NY: A Johnson & Johnson shareholder in February 2018 filed a securities class action claiming that J&J has known its talcum powder contains asbestos fibers and that exposure to J&J’s talc can cause mesothelioma and ovarian cancer. Shareholders are now urging a federal judge to move forward with the lawsuit because they purportedly have evidence showing that the company has known since the 1970s about the dangers of its talc and chose testing methods that couldn’t detect the cancer-causing asbestos fibers.
July 17, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence ]
Washington, DC A disturbing theme has emerged from the trio of recent Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits. In each of them, Johnson v. Monsanto Co., Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. and Pilliod v. Monsanto Co., the plaintiffs’ cancers were linked to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s weed killer Roundup. And in each of them, the company’s liability was founded on the proposition that it failed to warn users even though it knew or should have known about the danger.
June 28, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff ]
Alameda, CA: Patricia Schmitz, age 61, a mother of two with grandchildren and former school teacher, was diagnosed with mesothelioma last year and her doctors say she has little chance to survive. Her asbestos talc case states that J&J products caused the disease; J&J’s attorneys and expert witness argued her cancer was “spontaneous in nature”. The jury awarded Schmitz $12 million in damages.
June 27, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease ]
San Diego, CA A new study, conducted by researchers at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine, suggests an association between glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s weed killer Roundup, and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in human beings.
June 17, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit ]
Philadelphia, PA On May 17, a jury returned an $80 million verdict for Patricia and George Mesigian in their surgical mesh lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon. The award included $50 million in punitive damages and a record-setting $30 million in compensatory damages.
June 12, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? ]
Oakland, CA The jury in Pilliod v. Monsanto Co heard evidence that was not presented in previous Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits. It may have prompted the record-breaking $2 billion award, and the information may be central to the more than 13,000 Roundup lawsuits still pending.
June 11, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility ]
San Diego Until last summer, San Diego firefighters were training in a facility built with asbestos. Because their training activities involving breaching walls and doors, some firefighters were exposed to asbestos for hundreds of hours over two decades. Now almost 1,000 firefighters have filed documents to ensure their right to financial compensation for asbestos cancer.
June 3, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars ]
Dallas, TX: Johnson & Johnson has come up with $1 billion dollars to settle as many as 95 percent of the 6,000 lawsuits filed by patients who needed to have metal-on-metal Pinnacle hip implant devices removed due to severe pain. This amount includes a prior settlement for over $400 million.
May 28, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust ]
South Carolina Donna Olson used J&J talc since she was a young girl, breathing in talc particles from the cloud she made. Teresa Leavitt’s mother used J&J’s baby powder on her as a baby in the 1960s and she continued to use it herself as a teen, powdering her face and hair daily for years. Both women testified in court last week and both women won their asbestos-talc lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson.
May 25, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up ]
Grand Rapids, MI: Military veterans nationwide are hopeful that they can bring to court an injury you cannot see and prove why they cannot hear too well. More than 600 military service members have filed defective earplug lawsuits against 3M, the manufacturer.
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Merchant Marine Asbestos Cases from 1989 Reinstated By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Company Execs Indicted for Failing to Report Flammable Dehumidifiers By Jane Mundy (Apr-11-19)
- Texas 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplug Lawsuit Tells Tale of War Profiteering By Anne Wallace (Apr-2-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- $29 Million Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-19)
- Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion By Anne Wallace (Mar-13-19)
- 3M Allegedly Reported False Safety Results to Procure Lucrative Contract By Anne Wallace (Mar-6-19)
- Subpoenas Fly! Senate Demands Docs in Tainted Talcum Powder Probe By Anne Wallace (Mar-5-19)
- Take the MRI, Hold the Gadolinium By Jane Mundy (Feb-27-19)
- More 3M Defective Earplug Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-19)
- Imerys Talc Claims Bankruptcy, J&J Ovarian Cancer Claims Continue By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Settles Deceptive Hip Implant Marketing Lawsuits for $120 Million By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-19)
- Tests and Studies For and Against J&J Talc - Jury Still Out By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-19)
- Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-19)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- New Reuters Report Reveals J&J knew its Talcum Powder link to Asbestos and Cancer By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- New Jersey Win for Johnson & Johnson and Los Angeles Mistrials in Asbestos –Mesothelioma Cancer Talc Trials By Jane Mundy (Oct-17-18)
- Talcum Cancer Lawsuit in California Based on Trust By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-18)
- Will the New Asbestos Regulation Put the Public at Risk? By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-18)
- Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuit: Expert Testimony Deemed Credible Enough for Trial By Lori Prapas (Aug-8-18)
- J&J’s Talc Appeal – Lack of Scientific Evidence and Jurisdiction Argument By Jane Mundy (Jul-30-18)
- Essure’s Shelf Life in the US Soon to Expire By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-18)
- “More and More Women Coming Forward,” says Attorney for USC Sex Abuse Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Jul-2-18)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Passed from Father to Son, Guilty Verdict for Defendant Liberty Utilities (Park Water) Corp. By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-18)
- Unlicensed Drivers Cause Two Recent California Car Accidents in One Week By Lori Prapas (Jun-22-18)
- Takata Airbag Recall Heating Up By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-18)
- Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow By Jane Mundy (May-31-18)
- Federal Government Discourages Penalties for Nursing Home Abuse Despite Report Calling for More Oversight By Lori Prapas (May-24-18)
- More Type 2 Diabetics add Complaints to Ongoing Onglyza Litigation By Jane Mundy (Apr-4-18)
- “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Mar-31-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-30-18)
- IVC Filter Trials: Cook Medical Bellwether Dismissed, Bard Bellwether, Cordis and Rex Medical Going Forward By Jane Mundy (Mar-27-18)
- The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages By Anne Wallace (Mar-24-18)
- Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-18)
- New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-18)