LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 25, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? ]
Santa Clara, CA Coronavirus and e-cigarette use have one thing in common: they harm the lungs. And as of March 2020, hundreds of Juul e-cigarette lawsuits have been combined in a California federal court, with many more complaints expected.
March 23, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders ]
Whippany, NJ Bayer, one of the largest and most high-profile public companies in the world, started negotiations last year with plaintiffs’ lawyers to settle tens of thousands of lawsuits involving Roundup. Now it’s been slammed with a shareholder derivative lawsuit.
March 11, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up ]
Santa Clara, CA Many veterans wrongly believe they cannot file a lawsuit against 3M after the company reached a $9.1 million settlement with the Department of Justice in July 2018 to resolve claims that it defrauded the government by knowingly selling the defective earplugs. But that $9.1 million dollars 3M paid did not go to the service members affected. 3M earplug lawsuits are still being filed and reviewed by attorneys and the first bellwether trials have been slated.
February 17, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say ]
Washington, DC Effective February 6, a change in FDA policy banned sales of fruit, mint and dessert-flavored vape pods that were reportedly intended to attract teens. The effectiveness of this ban in protecting young consumers from e-cigarette health hazards remains in doubt, however. The ban does not affect menthol or tobacco-flavored pods, open-tank systems and thousands of flavored e-liquids not in pod form, including a disposable brand called Puff Bar that comes in flavors such as strawberry, cool mint and mango.
January 20, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud ]
Eugene, OR Among other e-cigarette side effects, Kewmarse Imani, who began JUULing in 2018, is now addicted to nicotine and will struggle with that addiction for life. Imani v. JUUL Labs, Inc. and Altria Group, Inc., a class action lawsuit, claims that his nicotine addiction is the result of a permanent injury to his developing brain and that he suffered a seizure because of exposure to the toxic substances in JUUL.
January 9, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA Since the FDA last September reported that minute amounts of a carcinogen called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) was detected in Zantac, along with several other heartburn medications, a number of Zantac cancer lawsuits have followed.
January 1, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? ]
San Francisco Edwin Hardeman v. Monsanto was the first federal trial and the March 2019 verdict is considered a milestone in the continuing Roundup cancer debate. Hardeman claimed his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma was caused by glyphosate in Roundup weed killer and the company knew its product was carcinogenic but deliberately misled the public.
December 20, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease ]
Santa Clara, CARecent studies are ramping up the dangers of vaping e-cigarettes. For more than five years, researchers have found that e-cigarette vaping causes physical harm, including chemical burns to lung tissue, toxic metal exposure and vitamin E oil that clogs lungs--all causing serious damage.
December 12, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? ]
Los Angeles, CA Along with cities and states nationwide hitting the electronic-cigarette manufacturer Juul with tougher restrictions, the L.A. Unified School District and other school systems have slammed the vaping giant with class action lawsuits claiming toxic vapes from e-cigarettes are health hazards and could be killing their kids.
November 15, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder ]
Washington, DC For the first time ever, Johnson & Johnson recalled its baby powder (specifically single lot #22318RB, comprising 33,000 bottles) after the FDA announced trace levels of asbestos were found—purchased from an online retailer. J&J said it is working with the FDA to determine whether the product tested is authentic, counterfeit, or whether cross-contamination of the sample caused a false positive. And it also shows how the FDA lacks the ability to test consumer talc products.
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up By Jane Mundy (May-25-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Merchant Marine Asbestos Cases from 1989 Reinstated By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Company Execs Indicted for Failing to Report Flammable Dehumidifiers By Jane Mundy (Apr-11-19)
- Texas 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplug Lawsuit Tells Tale of War Profiteering By Anne Wallace (Apr-2-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- $29 Million Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-19)
- Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion By Anne Wallace (Mar-13-19)
- 3M Allegedly Reported False Safety Results to Procure Lucrative Contract By Anne Wallace (Mar-6-19)
- Subpoenas Fly! Senate Demands Docs in Tainted Talcum Powder Probe By Anne Wallace (Mar-5-19)
- Take the MRI, Hold the Gadolinium By Jane Mundy (Feb-27-19)
- More 3M Defective Earplug Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-19)
- Imerys Talc Claims Bankruptcy, J&J Ovarian Cancer Claims Continue By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Settles Deceptive Hip Implant Marketing Lawsuits for $120 Million By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-19)
- Tests and Studies For and Against J&J Talc - Jury Still Out By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-19)
- Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-19)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- New Reuters Report Reveals J&J knew its Talcum Powder link to Asbestos and Cancer By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)