LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 18, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ $29 Million Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit ]
Oakland, CA On March 13, a jury in California Superior Court awarded Terry Leavitt and her husband $29.4 million in the first Johnson & Johnson (J&J) talcum powder lawsuit to go to trial in 2019. Ms. Leavitt linked her mesothelioma diagnosis to her use of asbestos-contaminated J&J baby powder and Shower-to-Shower talcum powder. The verdict includes $22 million for pain and suffering, $5 million in compensatory damages, nearly $1.3 million for her medical costs and $1.2 million for lost wages.
March 13, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion ]
Charleston, WV As the nation’s largest mass tort product liability lawsuit winds to a close, those who have suffered from surgical mesh complications and their attorneys are pausing to take stock. Not everyone is happy.
March 6, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ 3M Allegedly Reported False Safety Results to Procure Lucrative Contract ]
Kansas City, MO On February 21, 2019, Jonathan Foster, an Army Reserve veteran, filed a 3M Combat Arms defective earplug lawsuit in the Western District of Missouri. He suffers from tinnitus, a symptom of permanent hearing loss, because the earplugs supplied to him by the Army during his training and subsequent deployment to Afghanistan were badly designed. They failed to protect him from the preventable harm that the manufacturer guaranteed against.
March 5, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Subpoenas Fly! Senate Demands Docs in Tainted Talcum Powder Probe ]
Washington, DC The long-running Johnson & Johnson (J&J) talcum powder lawsuits have now taken a strangely contemporary turn as long-silent witnesses, both in this world and the next, tell tales. The Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) have subpoenaed corporate documents, and Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) has requested information back to 1966. Could this end the corporate stonewalling that has stymied so many J&J talcum powder lawsuits for so long?
February 27, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Take the MRI, Hold the Gadolinium ]
Tampa, FL: Studies have shown that a host of conditions are characterized by retention of gadolinium, and the proven retention of this heavy metal in brain tissue has been named “gadolinium storage condition”. Armed with these facts, Virginia says she refused to have a second MRI with contrast dye and her radiologist was okay with that.
February 19, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More 3M Defective Earplug Lawsuits Filed ]
Santa Clara, CA: Since a whistleblower lawsuit last was settled for $9.1 million dollars, which alleged 3M sold Combat Arms defective earplugs to the military, hundreds of US army veterans nationwide have filed lawsuits against the company.
February 18, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Imerys Talc Claims Bankruptcy, J&J Ovarian Cancer Claims Continue ]
Three Forks, MT: Facing about 14,000 asbestos-talc cases claiming that talc causes ovarian cancer and mesothelioma, Imerys Talc America has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Court records indicate that defending a single case can cost Imerys $4 million and some juries have awarded damages up to $2.75 million against the company. Imerys is the sole supplier of cosmetic talc to Johnson & Johnson.
February 12, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Johnson & Johnson Settles Deceptive Hip Implant Marketing Lawsuits for $120 Million ]
Washington, DC Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”) has agreed to pay $120 million to the attorneys general of 46 states and Washington, D.C. to settle claims that the company made unfair and deceptive statements in the promotion of its ASR XL and Pinnacle Ultamet hip implant systems. A separate agreement is expected to resolve most of the thousands of consumer-driven defective hip implant lawsuits against J&J and its DePuy unit.
January 22, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Tests and Studies For and Against J&J Talc - Jury Still Out ]
Santa Clara, CA: Despite a number of asbestos-talc lawsuits and studies to the contrary, Johnson & Johnson still stands by its talcum powder, asserting it doesn’t cause mesothelioma or ovarian cancer because their product sold to consumers never contained asbestos. J&J says plaintiffs are using attorney-driven science along with faulty studies. On the other hand, plaintiffs have brought scientific evidence showing studies linking talc exposure to cancer, adding that the giant pharma company knew the link for decades. As for the FDA, it’s still on the fence.
Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup
January 16, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Wife wonders whether Father-in-Law and Husband diagnosed with Cancer is associated with Monsanto’s Roundup ]
Atlanta, GA: “My husband and father-in-law were both diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma and they both sprayed the backyard with Monsanto’s Roundup,” says Veronica. (Because studies have continually linked the herbicide to that type of cancer, it also referred to as 'Monsanto cancer'.)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- New Reuters Report Reveals J&J knew its Talcum Powder link to Asbestos and Cancer By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- New Jersey Win for Johnson & Johnson and Los Angeles Mistrials in Asbestos –Mesothelioma Cancer Talc Trials By Jane Mundy (Oct-17-18)
- Talcum Cancer Lawsuit in California Based on Trust By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-18)
- Will the New Asbestos Regulation Put the Public at Risk? By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-18)
- Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuit: Expert Testimony Deemed Credible Enough for Trial By Lori Prapas (Aug-8-18)
- J&J’s Talc Appeal – Lack of Scientific Evidence and Jurisdiction Argument By Jane Mundy (Jul-30-18)
- Essure’s Shelf Life in the US Soon to Expire By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-18)
- “More and More Women Coming Forward,” says Attorney for USC Sex Abuse Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Jul-2-18)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Passed from Father to Son, Guilty Verdict for Defendant Liberty Utilities (Park Water) Corp. By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-18)
- Unlicensed Drivers Cause Two Recent California Car Accidents in One Week By Lori Prapas (Jun-22-18)
- Takata Airbag Recall Heating Up By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-18)
- Study Further Links Proton Pump Inhibitors to Gastric Cancer and Conflicts with FDA study, Lawsuits to Follow By Jane Mundy (May-31-18)
- Federal Government Discourages Penalties for Nursing Home Abuse Despite Report Calling for More Oversight By Lori Prapas (May-24-18)
- More Type 2 Diabetics add Complaints to Ongoing Onglyza Litigation By Jane Mundy (Apr-4-18)
- “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Mar-31-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-30-18)
- IVC Filter Trials: Cook Medical Bellwether Dismissed, Bard Bellwether, Cordis and Rex Medical Going Forward By Jane Mundy (Mar-27-18)
- The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages By Anne Wallace (Mar-24-18)
- Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-18)
- New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-18)
- Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-18)
- Defective Airbag Deaths and Injuries Continue By Gordon Gibb (Mar-17-18)
- Defective Hip Litigation Continues On against Zimmer, Smith & Nephew By Jane Mundy (Mar-12-18)
- Will Pennsylvania Supreme Court Hear Risperdal Time Bar Appeal? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-18)
- Last-Minute Maneuvering Underway Prior to Next Round of Xarelto Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Mar-11-18)
- First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey By Brenda Craig (Mar-9-18)
- "Essure Problems" Women Bring FDA's Data to Meeting that FDA were Unaware Of By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-18)
- Georgia Plaintiff Alleges Use of Nexium Caused Chronic Kidney Disease By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-18)
- Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Mar-3-18)
- Takata Settles with 44 States. No Dough, Though By Anne Wallace (Mar-1-18)
- Families Ask GSK to Hand Over Zofran Data By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-18)
- Deadly Onglyza Side Effects Set in Fast and Lawsuits Lumber On By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-18)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit Currently Underway in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Feb-20-18)
- Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-18)
- First Bard IVC Filter Bellwether Lawsuit Gearing Up for March By Gordon Gibb (Feb-18-18)
- EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-18)
- California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Feb-15-18)
- More Pressure to Withdraw Essure By Jane Mundy (Feb-14-18)