LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Dayton, OH While the first Bard hernia mesh bellwether trial is described by legal experts as a “crushing blow” to plaintiffs, others opine that it will likely have minimal impact on the overall outcome of the hernia mesh litigation. Round two is now underway.
October 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? ]
Newark, NJ A proposed class action filed in a New Jersey federal court accuses Dutch manufacturer Royal Philips of knowing for months that its CPAP sleep machines posed a serious health hazard but “unreasonably delayed” the recall. Philips also faces a securities class action lawsuit—and remember the COVID-19 ventilator debacle? That too was Philips.
September 24, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bob Dylan Accused of Sexual Abuse ]
New York, NY A woman identified as JC filed a civil sexual abuse lawsuit last month with the New York Supreme Court accusing Bob Dylan of sexual assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional infliction of emotional distress over a period of six weeks back in 1965. The 68-year-old plaintiff says she is “emotionally scarred and psychologically damaged to this day”.
September 23, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit ]
Columbus, OH It took the jury only hours to come back with a resounding victory for C.R. Bard in first bellwether surgical mesh lawsuit in the Multidistrict Litigation consolidated in the Southern District of Ohio. On September 8, the jury in Johns v. C.R. Bard, et al found in the defendants’ favor on all of Steven Johns' claims against them. No damages were awarded to Johns.
September 22, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer ]
Charleston, SC A Maryland woman in August filed a PFAS lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina claiming she developed breast cancer as a result of drinking water contaminated with firefighting foam chemicals for years.
September 13, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips ]
St Louis, MO Philips CPAP sleep machine recall has caused a rude awakening for thousands of users who rely on the sleep machine to get them through the night – alive. Meanwhile, the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation will discuss next month the future of sleep machine lawsuits throughout the federal court system.
September 1, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? ]
Santa Clara, CA Philips “regretfully” told its investors of a foam problem with certain sleep and respiratory care products, including DreamStation CPAP Machines, but consumers weren’t told of the serious problem until the recall—issued 49 days after investors knew. Consequently, CPAP sleep machine lawsuits alleging failure to warn are mounting.
August 30, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Columbus, OH More than 8,000 hernia mesh patients and their attorneys who filed Ethicon physiomesh complaints are likely watching closely C.R. Bard’s first bellwether trial, which is expected to last five weeks and two days.
August 29, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process ]
San Francisco, CAThe Northern District of California has ordered current and future plaintiffs in the Monsanto glyphosate multidistrict litigation (MDL) who have not already reached a settlement with Monsanto to participate in a program that has been overseen by Special Master Ken Feinberg since 2019. The Order has apparently prompted Bayer AG, Monsanto’s corporate parent, to increase the settlement reserve fund by $4.5 billion.
August 27, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta ]
Shreveport, LA In a toxic tort lawsuit filed in the Western District of Louisiana, Michael Hensgens alleges that low-level exposure to Paraquat over the years he worked as a Paraquat distributor caused his Parkinson’s disease. Hensgens v. Syngenta will likely be consolidated for pretrial motions with the growing body of Paraquat litigation in the Southern District of Illinois.
- Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-21)
- Zantac Bellwether Trials Likely in 2023 By Anne Wallace (Aug-25-21)
- Boy Scouts Sexual Abuse Agreement By Jane Mundy (Aug-23-21)
- Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-21)
- Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-21)
- Jury heard 3M Combat Arms Earplug Plaintiff Loud and Clear By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-21)
- Syngenta Sues Insurers to Mount Defense, Pay Excess Claims By Anne Wallace (Jun-30-21)
- J&J Talc Plaintiffs: It Pays to Persevere By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-21)
- Air Force Veteran Files Kidney Cancer Lawsuit Citing Firefighting Foam By Anne Wallace (Jun-22-21)
- Goodbye to Glyphosate? By Anne Wallace (Jun-18-21)
- 3M Earplugs Bellwether Trial: So far a Draw By Jane Mundy (Jun-10-21)
- Recent Studies Show Other Side Effects, including certain Cancers, with Long-term PPI Use By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-21)
- 3M Earplug Bellwether Trials: 1 For 3M, 1 for Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Jun-1-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- California Lawsuit: Paraquat Caused Parkinson’s disease By Anne Wallace (May-25-21)
- Zantac Breast Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (May-20-21)
- Aegis Nursing Homes Offers $16M Elder Care Abuse Deal By Jane Mundy (May-12-21)
- National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- PPI Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-21)
- City of LaCrosse sues 3M Company over PFAS Water Contamination By Anne Wallace (Mar-30-21)
- Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-21)
- New Jersey Nursing Homes Operator Counting on Protocol to Dismiss Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-28-21)
- Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-21)
- Repeated Sexual Abuse in Nursing Home Criminal By Jane Mundy (Mar-2-21)
- NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-21)
- Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Maker Facing Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-21)
- Firefighting Foam $17.5M Settlement a “Huge Milestone” By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-21)
- Whittling Down PPI Cases for Bellwether Trials By Jane Mundy (Jan-29-21)
- Forever Waiting for EPA’s Limits on PFAS “Forever Chemicals” By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-21)
- “Do I Have a Firefighting Foam or Contaminated Water Lawsuit?” PFAS Contamination Lawyer Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors – More Harm than Good, especially in COVID-19 Patients By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-20)
- PFAS Association with COVID – Advice is Confusing By Jane Mundy (Dec-26-20)
- “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-20)
- What to Expect in Zantac Cancer Lawsuits for 2021 and Beyond By Anne Wallace (Dec-8-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-10-20)