LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 19, 2024. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Things to Keep Handy When Consulting a Car Accident Injury Attorney ]
Savannah, GA The city of Savannah was the second most dangerous city for drivers among a list of 25 US cities in 2017. This alarming statistic is likely to have changed by now, but car accidents continue to pose a major risk for residents to this date. Experiencing a car accident can be a distressing event that leaves individuals with massive emotional and financial burdens. The complex legal processes add yet another layer of complexity for Savannah residents who have been involved in such an accident. In certain situations, it becomes essential to seek guidance from an experienced car accident injury attorney in Savannah. These professionals possess the expertise necessary to navigate the complexities of legal processes and assist victims in recovering their losses. However, it is important to be prepared in advance to ensure a productive consultation with a car accident injury attorney. This article offers insights on the items to have on hand when consulting with car accident attorneys in Savannah.
February 16, 2024. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Suboxone maker Indivior in Trouble with the Law Again ]
Santa Clara, CA Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) was first introduced in 2002 for recovering opioid addicts. The dissolvable tablet was helping people on their road to recovery, but the problems began when a Suboxone film version was introduced in 2013, and it took the drugmakers almost a decade to warn consumers of its side effect: decayed teeth. Many people have experienced permanent damage and Suboxone lawsuits indicate that ruined teeth could have been avoided if the manufacturers warned them and the medical community from Suboxone film side effects. And yes, tooth decay is a legitimate injury that can have devastating effects, both physical and emotional.
February 15, 2024. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Chemical Exposure Lawsuits ]
Santa Rosa, CAToxic chemicals at the workplace, at home, or in the environment can cause severe damage to the human body.
February 12, 2024. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Sending Payments for Faulty Combat Earplugs ]
Santa Clara, CA As part of its $6 billion faulty combat earplug settlement, 3M began sending payments last month to military veterans who suffered hearing loss and other significant injuries. The payments will resolve about 300,000 lawsuits claiming the manufacturing company knowingly sold defective earplugs that caused hearing loss and tinnitus. Those affected are mainly US military who were in training and combat from 2003 to 2015.
February 9, 2024. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New York MDL Consolidates Growing Number of Exactech Defective Hip Implant Lawsuits ]
Brooklyn, NY As of February 2024, more than 1,600 defective hip implant lawsuits were pending in multidistrict litigation before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. A status conference has been set for March 13, 2024, at which time the parties will discuss the status of the litigation, unresolved discovery matters and the selection of bellwether cases.
January 31, 2024. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Monsanto Roundup Loss for Bayer ]
Philadelphia, PA A Pennsylvania man was awarded a massive $2.25 billion after a Pennsylvania jury unanimously ruled that Bayer’s Roundup caused his non-Hodgkins lymphoma. The jury’s verdict on January 26 included $2 billion in punitive damages and jury members determined that Monsanto was negligent in warning customers about the dangers of its weedkiller. That amount is believed to be one of the biggest payouts ever to an individual for company negligence.
January 27, 2024. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Weight Loss Drugmakers Face Stomach Paralysis Lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA A drugmaker’s dream is a patient continuing treatment and forever refilling prescriptions--and that spells profit. Such is the case with the weight loss drugs because discontinuing them leads to regaining lost weight. Ozempic, Mounjaro and Wegovy are star performers, but a drugmaker’s nightmare is the serious side effects that leads to lawsuits, particularly when the manufacturers failed to disclose potential long-term impacts of serious injuries such as gastroparesis.
January 23, 2024. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Johnson & Johnson to Pay $700 Million to Settle State AG Lawsuits ]
Trenton, NJ Johnson & Johnson has reportedly agreed to pay $700 million to settle talcum powder lawsuits brought by 42 states. These state lawsuits allege that the company wrongfully marketed a product that it either knew or had reason to know was dangerous to human health.
January 21, 2024. By Jane Mundy.
Westchester County, NY – A state Supreme Court jury last November awarded $120 million in a medical malpractice lawsuit against Westchester Medical Center. In 2018 the plaintiff was rushed to hospital and because doctors failed to diagnose a stroke, he suffered extensive brain damage. The hospital argued that brain damage had already occurred before he was admitted.Read [ $120M awarded in Westchester Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawsuit ]
January 16, 2024. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hair Relaxers – Read the Label ]
Chicago, IL Black women who have used hair relaxers for most of their lives have been “shocked” and “horrified” to discover that studies have linked formaldehyde—the chemical found in most hair relaxers—to cancer and fibroids. A recent Boston University report highlights an increased risk for Black women to develop uterine cancer after receiving a particular hair treatment, but studies suggesting that hair products containing a variety of chemicals are linked to asthma, hormone disruptions and even cancer go back to 2018.
- Problems with Philips CPAP Replacement Machines By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-24)
- What to Do if Pulled Over for a DUI By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-4-24)
- DuPont, Corteva and Chemours to Pay State of Ohio $110 million By Jane Mundy (Dec-11-23)
- Bayer Reeling After Plaintiffs’ Roundup Lawsuit Victories By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-23)
- Exactech Hip Recall Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-23)
- Almost All Pressure Cooker Lawsuits Settle out of Court, says Attorney By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-23)
- Lawsuit Links PFAS PFOA Water Contamination to Ulcerative Colitis By Anne Wallace (Nov-27-23)
- Bard to Pay $500,000 in Third Bellwether Trial By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-23)
- Bayer has been ordered by a Missouri jury to pay $1.56 By Jane Mundy (Nov-24-23)
- Jury Awards $107 Million in Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-23)
- More Black Women Filing Hair Relaxer Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-23)
- Attorney Discusses Bard Power Port Failures and Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-23)
- Exactech Implants Worn Out Before Their Time By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-23)
- 3M’s Earplugs v. The U.S. Trustee By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-23)
- Hair Relaxer Formaldehyde and the FDA’s Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-23)
- Camp LeJeune Master and Short Form Complaint By Jane Mundy (Oct-30-23)
- Monsanto In and Out of Roundup’s Weeds By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-23)
- Exposure to PFAS Doubles Cancer Risk in Women By Anne Wallace (Oct-18-23)
- Philips Cuts Deal with Owners of Recalled CPAP Machines and Lawsuit Claims FDA Fails CPAP Users By Jane Mundy (Oct-9-23)
- $12.5 Billion PFAS Settlement Revised to Extend 3M Liability By Anne Wallace (Sep-29-23)
- Experienced Birth Injury Attorneys Discuss Lawsuits and Settlements By Jane Mundy (Sep-23-23)
- Navy Offers Elective Option to Hasten Camp Lejeune Settlements By Jane Mundy (Sep-20-23)
- Monsanto RoundUp Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (Sep-18-23)
- 3M Settles Earplug Lawsuits for $6 Billion By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-23)
- New FDA Hernia Mesh Information and its Flawed 501(k) Process By Jane Mundy (Sep-6-23)
- Maryland’s Largest Water Utility Files PFAS Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Aug-30-23)
- Camp LeJeune Lawsuits at a Crawl as More Wrongful Death Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Aug-24-23)
- Monsanto Roundup $7M Settlement By Jane Mundy (Aug-22-23)
- Philips’ Objections Over CPAP Lawsuits and Another Obstacle By Jane Mundy (Aug-21-23)
- Hair Straightener Litigation Raising Cancer Awareness By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-23)
- How to Negotiate Negligence After Suffering a Personal Injury By LAS Staff Writer (Aug-17-23)
- Hernia Mesh Updates: Bard Trial and FDA’s Pros and Cons By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-23)
- 3M to Settle PFAS/PFOA Water Contamination Lawsuit for $10.3 Billion By Anne Wallace (Jul-24-23)
- Philadelphia’s Roundup Lawsuits get Trial Dates and New York Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-23)
- Hair Relaxer Makers Challenge Hair Straightener Cancer Lawsuits as more Complaints Filed By Jane Mundy (Jul-13-23)
- Add Dental Problems to Camp Lejeune Injuries By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-23)
- J&J Talcum Powder Lawsuit Begins May 31, Despite Bankruptcy Stay By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-23)
- Plaintiff Alleges Surgical Mesh “Traumatizing” By Jane Mundy (Jun-26-23)
- CPAP Lawsuit Spike Linked to Statute of Limitations By Jane Mundy (Jun-21-23)
- Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-23)