LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 29, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ $12.5 Billion PFAS Settlement Revised to Extend 3M Liability ]
Charleston, SC On August 29, the District Court for the District of South Carolina preliminarily approved a revision to the $12.5 billion proposed settlement in a class action perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl lawsuit brought by a long list of water utilities. The settlement was reached after a five-year legal battle that involved 37.4 million pages of discovery documents and more than 160 depositions. The revision is specifically designed to protect the utilities from some future liabilities.
September 23, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Experienced Birth Injury Attorneys Discuss Lawsuits and Settlements ]
Los Angeles, CA The day your child is born should be one of the happiest days of your life. Sadly, medical complications may arise during childbirth that put your baby’s health at risk. When a doctor or a medical professional or medical facility fails to handle the situation properly, your infant may suffer injuries or illnesses resulting in permanent disability. In the worst cases, mishandled childbirth complications may result in death. Experienced birth injury lawyers at Stalwart Law know that experiencing a birth injury is nothing short of devastating, and the last thing on your mind is likely how and where to seek legal help. Even though you are left emotionally distraught and often financially hurt, attorneys Sean O’Neill and Elizabeth “Beth” Teixeira know from years of experience that sooner is better than later to help you obtain financial damages from those responsible for your child’s birth injury.
September 20, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Navy Offers Elective Option to Hasten Camp Lejeune Settlements ]
Santa Clara, CA The Department of the Navy has come up with its “Elective Option”, which it describes as an expedited resolution process. It is an attempt to speed up compensation for more than 1,100 federal lawsuits and 93,000 administrative claims filed by Camp Lejeune veterans and their families. To date, not one Camp Lejeune claim has been resolved and time is running out for veterans injured by contaminated water.
September 18, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Monsanto RoundUp Lawsuit Update ]
Santa Clara, CA The last few months have been busy for Bayer and Monsanto’s legal team and Roundup lawsuits. The U.S. Supreme Court refused to review a $39 million Roundup settlement regarding cancer warnings on Roundup; the latest Roundup cancer trial is underway in Missouri and south of the border; and a U.S. dispute settlement panel challenges Mexico’s plans to ban GMO corn.
September 13, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Settles Earplug Lawsuits for $6 Billion ]
Santa Clara, CA 3M announced in August that it reached a $6 billion settlement over defective earplug lawsuits brought by thousands of veterans and military service members who have suffered hearing damage. From 2003 to 2105 the military used the earplugs to protect them from combat noise, including in Afghanistan and Iraq. 3M earplug lawsuits—which grew into the largest mass tort litigation in U.S. history—claim that the chemical giant knew during those years that their earplugs were defective and they hid design flaws, skewed test results and neglected to provide instructions for the proper use of the earplugs.
September 6, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New FDA Hernia Mesh Information and its Flawed 501(k) Process ]
Santa Clara, CA In response to a multitude of hernia mesh adverse event reports, the FDA published new information in July about the risks and benefits of hernia mesh surgery. The agency gives non-surgical options and advises that patients should obtain certain information “If you have post-surgical problems”. It would seem like the FDA has made a hernia mesh mess.
August 30, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Maryland’s Largest Water Utility Files PFAS Lawsuit ]
Greenbelt, MD On August 4, Maryland’s largest water utility, the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC), filed a perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) lawsuit against 3M and DuPont de Nemours among other defendants. Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission v. 3M Company alleges that the PFAS manufacturers made and marketed PFAS-contaminated fire-suppression foams and concealed the toxic nature of the materials from the public.
August 24, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Camp LeJeune Lawsuits at a Crawl as More Wrongful Death Lawsuits Filed ]
Santa Clara, CA Covering up contaminated water at Camp LeJeune has been called a “crime against humanity” but with the passing of the PACT Act, the Marine Corps had a chance to make things right, to compensate its veterans and civilians who were exposed to the toxic water. But to make matters worse than they already are, countless victims are still waiting for relief. One year after the act was passed, not one of more than 75,000 claims filed under the Camp Lejeune Justice Act has been settled.
August 22, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Monsanto Roundup $7M Settlement ]
New York, NY Bayer and its Monsanto unit agreed in June to pay almost $7 million to settle Roundup lawsuit claims which began in a 2020 investigation by New York Attorney General Letitia James. The agreement requires Bayer and Monsanto to stop advertising its Roundup weedkiller—which contains carcinogenic glyphosate—as environmentally safe.
August 21, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips’ Objections Over CPAP Lawsuits and Another Obstacle ]
Santa Clara, CAAs Philips attempts to toss or trim its CPAP defective breathing machine claims, another recent recall affecting 72,000Trilogy Evo ventilators has left the company reeling. And as it scrambles to make up for the CPAP shortage, the medical device competition moves in.
- Hair Straightener Litigation Raising Cancer Awareness By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-23)
- How to Negotiate Negligence After Suffering a Personal Injury By LAS Staff Writer (Aug-17-23)
- Hernia Mesh Updates: Bard Trial and FDA’s Pros and Cons By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-23)
- 3M to Settle PFAS/PFOA Water Contamination Lawsuit for $10.3 Billion By Anne Wallace (Jul-24-23)
- Philadelphia’s Roundup Lawsuits get Trial Dates and New York Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-23)
- Hair Relaxer Makers Challenge Hair Straightener Cancer Lawsuits as more Complaints Filed By Jane Mundy (Jul-13-23)
- Add Dental Problems to Camp Lejeune Injuries By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-23)
- J&J Talcum Powder Lawsuit Begins May 31, Despite Bankruptcy Stay By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-23)
- Plaintiff Alleges Surgical Mesh “Traumatizing” By Jane Mundy (Jun-26-23)
- CPAP Lawsuit Spike Linked to Statute of Limitations By Jane Mundy (Jun-21-23)
- Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-23)
- Legal Options for Motorcycle Accident Victims: Pursuing Compensation and Justice By LAS Staff Writer (Jun-16-23)
- As Goes the Water in Waterville, so Goes the Nation’s By Anne Wallace (Jun-13-23)
- State AGs Join Opposition to LTL Bankruptcy in Talcum Powder Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (May-29-23)
- Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (May-28-23)
- PFAS Linked to Obesity By Anne Wallace (May-26-23)
- Philips CPAP Recall and Test Results Update By Jane Mundy (May-24-23)
- Enfamil Linked to Preemie Blindness, Cerebral Palsy By Anne Wallace (May-23-23)
- Why Distracted Driving Cases Can Be Tough To Prove Without A Lawyer By LAS Staff Writer (May-15-23)
- Johnson & Johnson Offers $8.9 Billion to Settle Talcum Powder Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Apr-29-23)
- Can PFAS and PFOAs be Scrubbed from Drinking Water? By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-23)
- New Study Links Monsanto’s Roundup to Children’s Liver Disease By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-23)
- 6 Ways Motorcycle Accident Victims Can Receive Maximum Compensation with a Personal Injury Lawyer By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-20-23)
- Trial Set for Bard Hernia Mesh Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-23)
- Camp LeJeune First Hearing By Jane Mundy (Apr-13-23)
- Hair Straightener Lawsuits Growing By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-23)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Recall Update By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-23)
- Camp Lejeune Litigation Logjam By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-23)
- Camp LeJeune Contaminated Water Lawsuits – Where’s the Flood? By Anne Wallace (Mar-25-23)
- Department of Defense Testing for Veterans’ Hearing Loss Falls on Deaf Ears at 3M By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-23)
- Thinx, Inc. to Settle PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-23)
- All You Need to Know About Filing a Claim After a Truck Accident By LAS Staff Writer (Mar-19-23)
- How to File a Claim for a Multi-car Pileup By LAS Staff Writer (Feb-20-23)
- In Utah Nonpatients Can Sue for Medical Malpractice (Sometimes) By Anne Wallace (Feb-7-23)
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuits Rising By Jane Mundy (Feb-3-23)
- Judge Irate Over 3M Earplugs Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-23-23)
- Another Philips CPAP Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-23)
- 3M Promises to end PFAS Toxic Chemical Production by 2025 By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-23)
- Camp Lejeune Denied Claims Must Be Resubmitted Under New Act – AKA more Red Tape By Jane Mundy (Jan-4-23)
- Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-3-23)