LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 12, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Class Action Toxic Tort Lawsuit Filed in Camp LeJeune Water Contamination Case ]
Wilmington, NC On August 14, Donald Stringfellow filed a class action toxic tort lawsuit in the Eastern District of North Carolina, alleging that he and others stationed at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune suffered injuries because of their exposure to contaminated water. The lawsuit may ultimately include thousands of Marines and civilians who lived on base between 1953 and 1987 and were exposed to water containing cancer-causing chemicals like benzine, vinyl chloride, trichlorethylene (TCE) and perchloroethylene (PCE).
September 9, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Two More Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Recalls ]
Santa Clara, CA On the heels of its massive sleep apnea machine recall, Philips announced yet another recall but this time it involves a plastic component that can release cancer-causing chemicals into the user’s airway. Incredibly, a third and separate recall was announced on September 6, involving masks worn with the sleep machines.
August 30, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Marine with Ulcerative Colitis Files Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuit ]
Camp Lejeune, NC A former marine stationed at Camp Lejeune was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, which he claims was directly caused by PFAS contamination in the water he drank and bathed in from 1985 to 1987.
August 12, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Attorney Discusses Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Lawsuits ]
Garden City, NY “Attorneys have been lobbying many years for the Camp Lejeune Justice Act and now we see an opportunity for justice, an opportunity for victims to file a Camp Lejeune lawsuit,” says attorney Gary Falkowitz.
August 4, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Marine at Camp LeJeune with Cancer Concerned about Children ]
Raleigh, NC Patrick and his wife spent three years at Camp LeJeune – long enough to develop health problems from contaminated water. “When I first heard about the contamination I was extremely concerned,” says Patrick. “None of us had heard about the toxic water until a few years ago, and now I am extremely mad.”
July 28, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lawsuit: Philips Knew CPAP Sleep Machines Link to Cancer ]
Santa Clara, CA Philips has been slammed with another Dreamstation lawsuit, alleging the company knew its sleep machines could cause cancers and other injuries years before the world-wide recall.
July 25, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abbott Formula and ‘Absurd’ Loophole ]
Chicago, ILIn an attempt to keep Similac baby formula lawsuits in federal rather than state court, Abbott tried to use a legal loophole known as “snap removal”, but a federal judge rejected it as “absurd” and kicked the four lawsuits back to state court. The plaintiffs claim that Abbott’s Similac PM 60/40 formula caused a deadly illness in premature infants.
July 15, 2022. By LAS Staff Writer.
Paraquat is a commercial herbicide widely used in the United States. Farmers have had access to it since 1962, and it is known as "gramoxone" in the country. It is used to control and kill weeds in cotton, potato, sugarcane, soybean, and vegetable varieties. This herbicide contains extremely toxic properties, which can be fatal to humans if consumed directly. Paraquat is also used as a post-harvest drying agent.Read [ Toxic Herbicide Paraquat Lawsuit Claims and Risk of Parkinson’s Disease ]
May 30, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bacteria one main reason for Baby Formula Shortage ]
Sturgis, MI The Abbott plant, which had produced one-fourth of the nation’s infant formula, was shut down in February after “egregiously unsanitary” conditions were discovered at its Michigan plant – conditions that included bacteria inhabiting key production equipment.
May 27, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? ]
Santa Clara, CAWith the FDA suspecting 124 deaths from recalled CPAP sleep apnea machines, more wrongful death lawsuits could be filed against Philips Respironics.
- Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims By Jane Mundy (May-17-22)
- Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-22)
- Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-22)
- Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-22)
- Investors Balk at Bayer with Roundup and Monsanto Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-22)
- Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott for Failure to Warn About Baby Formula Risks By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-22)
- Two Lawsuits Filed Against Catholic Priests and Dioceses Under New Child Sex Abuse Law By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-22)
- Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-22)
- Another NEC Similac Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-22)
- Bayer Done with Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-22)
- Another Sex Abuse Lawsuit Filed After University of Michigan’s $490 million Settlement By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-22)
- CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-22)
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Mother Files Lawsuit Claiming Similac Infant Formula Caused Baby’s Death By Jane Mundy (Jan-30-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Juvenile Detention Center Residents “Obscenely Abused” for Years File Another Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-19-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- Things to Know About the Kombiglyze XR Lawsuit By LAS Staff Writer (Dec-17-21)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- Turning Points 'Not' for Children By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-21)
- Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips By Jane Mundy (Nov-26-21)
- FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-21)
- Navy Veteran Claims PFAS Firefighting Foam Caused Testicular Cancer By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-21)
- Boy Scouts of America Sex Abuse Settlement – For and Against By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-21)
- Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-21)
- Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-21)
- Bob Dylan Accused of Sexual Abuse By Jane Mundy (Sep-24-21)
- Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-23-21)
- PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-21)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-21)
- New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process By Anne Wallace (Aug-29-21)
- Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta By Anne Wallace (Aug-27-21)
- Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-21)
- Zantac Bellwether Trials Likely in 2023 By Anne Wallace (Aug-25-21)
- Boy Scouts Sexual Abuse Agreement By Jane Mundy (Aug-23-21)
- Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-21)
- Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-21)