LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Environment Legal News Articles & Interviews
Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company
March 16, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company ]
Seattle, WA Despite mesothelioma victim Cliff Little providing a substantial amount of evidence in his asbestos lawsuit against Pryor-Giggey, a company that manufactured asbestos-contaminated boiler refractory insulation, the company successfully argued that there was no evidence to prove its products were used at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard where Little worked.
December 26, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Association with COVID – Advice is Confusing ]
Traverse City, MI Some health experts and scientists offer confusing, and rather nonsensical, advice regarding PFAS and its association with COVID-19. Some health experts say that, "people with high levels of PFAS have a greater risk of being infected with COVID, and “special pandemic consideration may be appropriate for those exposed to PFAS chemicals.” Such open-ended statements open a veritable can of worms, and many questions.
December 20, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney ]
Birmingham, AL “People can still bring cases and pursue claims of asbestos exposure today, even though this litigation has been going on for decades,” says Gregory Cade, mesothelioma and asbestos lawyer and President of Environmental Litigation Group (“ELG”). If your claim has been denied, attorney Cade explains how you may try to qualify again.
August 8, 2018. By Lori Prapas.
Read [ Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuit: Expert Testimony Deemed Credible Enough for Trial ]
San Francisco, CA Roundup Weed Killer has been used by homeowners, schools, gardeners, and farmers since its development in the 1970s. Its usage has increased exponentially since the 1990s when genetically modified organisms (GMOs) were developed that can survive heavy applications of Roundup, enabling farmers to kill all types of weeds but not the desired crops. In 2015, an arm of the World Health Organization (France-based International Agency for Research on Cancer “IARC”), designated glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, as a probable human carcinogen. Thousands of Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits over alleged Roundup cancer followed. Now Plaintiffs have cleared a crucial hurdle. A judge has ruled that the preliminary opinions of three experts linking glyphosate and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma were not “junk science,” and should be permitted for a jury’s consideration.
Asbestos Mesothelioma Passed from Father to Son, Guilty Verdict for Defendant Liberty Utilities (Park Water) Corp.
June 25, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: A California jury recently awarded Alfred Mata and his wife $11.4 million in an asbestos lawsuit against Liberty Utilities (Park Water) Corp. Alfred developed mesothelioma from his father, who worked with water pipes that contained asbestos and brought the fibers home on his clothes.Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Passed from Father to Son, Guilty Verdict for Defendant Liberty Utilities (Park Water) Corp. ]
March 20, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ Environmental law has become better at protecting consumers from asbestos exposure in recent decades. But mesothelioma has a very long latency period, sometimes as long as 50 years. The plaintiff’s case in many asbestos mesothelioma lawsuits depends on finding very old samples of the product implicated in exposure. That’s tough, especially when those samples tend to be in the possession of the defendant.Read [ New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit ]
November 26, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: The dismissal of burn pit exposure class action lawsuits against a military contractor at the state level – and the forthcoming appeal – will provide little solace to veterans sickened by the fumes and chemicals originating from military burn pits. This is especially true when one considers the thrust of an amicus curiae brief filed with the US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.Read [ The Odds Are Stacking Up Against Burn Pit Victims ]
November 11, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Baltimore, MD: America has a bed bug problem according to attorney Daniel Whitney from Whitney LLP in Baltimore, Maryland. The veteran attorney and his team of lawyers have successfully resolved hundreds of bedbug lawsuits achieving six figure results on behalf of people who have been ravaged and mauled by the tiny bloodsucking insects.Read [ Bedbug Victims Bite Back ]
November 10, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
San Diego, CA: Epic wildfires rampaged through Northern California in the fall of 2017 destroying everything in their path leaving thousands of people to literally start over from the ground up. An estimated 6,000 homes and buildings were destroyed and at least 42 people died.Read [ Attorney Estimates California Wildfire Damage is in the Billions ]
October 26, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC In August, the plaintiffs filed a Notice of Appeal In re: KBR, Inc., Burn Pit Litigation seeking to overturn the decision of the Fourth Circuit that barred them from suing the military contractor who operated the burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan. Since individuals cannot sue the military itself, the Fourth Circuit decision effectively leaves these veterans without legal recourse for the injuries they suffered from breathing toxic air and drinking poisonous water.Read [ What is Next for Burn Pit Lawsuits? ]
- Burn Pit Lawsuit Shows How Hard it is to Sue Military Contractors By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-17)
- Contractor Not to Blame for Veterans’ Health Problems By Brenda Craig (Aug-9-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit Results in Jury Award for Burn Victim By Gordon Gibb (Jun-26-17)
- Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit Claims Excessive Traffic in Government Office By Gordon Gibb (Apr-10-17)
- Partial Victory for Fan in Florida Premises Liability Lawsuit against Daytona Speedway By Gordon Gibb (Mar-18-17)
- $14.2B Settlement Finalized in VW Emissions Class Action By Lucy Campbell (Oct-26-16)
- Soberanes Wildfire Destroying Homes and Property By Lucy Campbell (Jul-25-16)
- LA Wildfire Explodes to 20,000 Acres By Lucy Campbell (Jul-25-16)
- Alberta Wildfires Dubbed “The Beast” Still Burning Out of Control By Gordon Gibb (May-9-16)
- Major Hearing Scheduled in SoCalGas Porter Ranch Well Blowout Case By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-26-16)
- Save Porter Ranch and 24 Residents File Class Action Claim By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-20-16)
- 689 Residents Living Near Porter Ranch File First Wave of Claims Against the State of California for Gas Injection Well Blowout By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-18-16)
- Porter Ranch Family “Prisoners in Their Own Home” By Jane Mundy (Mar-19-16)
- Ford Motor Co. to Face Asbestos Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Mar-9-16)
- CDC: Lumber Liquidators Flooring Cancer Risk 3 Times Higher than Previously Predicted By Lucy Campbell (Feb-22-16)
- New Jersey Lawsuit Filed against Volkswagen Over VW Emissions Scandal By Gordon Gibb (Feb-16-16)
- Active Santa Susana Fault Lines Intersect All Natural Gas Storage Wells In Aliso Canyon By LAS Staff Writer (Feb-15-16)
- Porter Ranch Attorney Dispels Rumors and Dispenses Facts By Jane Mundy (Feb-10-16)
- Attorney General Kamala D. Harris Lodges Lawsuit Over the Aliso Canyon Gas Leak By LAS Staff Writer (Feb-3-16)
- Englander Calls for Investigation of Bill Spiking for SoCal Gas Customers Countrywide By LAS Staff Writer (Feb-2-16)
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Statement on AQMD Actions By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-31-16)
- New Video and Studies Cast Doubt on SoCalGas Progress By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-19-16)
- Porter Ranch Gas Leak: Are You Safe? By Jane Mundy (Jan-19-16)
- Porter Ranch Methane Leak Will Lead to Litigation By Brenda Craig (Jan-10-16)
- Porter Ranch Residents’ Voices Are Finally Heard as Governor Brown Declares State of Emergency By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-8-16)
- Governor Brown Declares State of Emergency Over Porter Ranch Gas Leak Disaster By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-16)
- Porter Ranch SoCal Gas Leak Declared State of Emergency By Lucy Campbell (Jan-7-16)
- No Christmas Tree for Porter Ranch Gas Leak Victims By Jane Mundy (Dec-23-15)
- Porter Ranch Gas Leak: Attorney Robert Kennedy Jr. Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Dec-17-15)
- Porter Ranch Gas Leak Compared to BP Oil Spill By Gordon Gibb (Dec-12-15)
- Kentucky Residents Allowed to Proceed in Toxic Emissions Dust Class Action By The National Trial Lawyers (Dec-3-15)
- Lawsuit Uncovers Governor Had State Workers Develop Maps for Personal Oil Holdings By LAS Staff Writer (Nov-10-15)
- More Than 1,800 Syngenta Lawsuits Reportedly Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-7-15)
- Texas Jury Awards $8.2M Against DuPont In Benzene Exposure Case By The National Trial Lawyers (Oct-23-15)
- Asbestos Lawsuit Nets $3.5 Million By Heidi Turner (Oct-23-15)
- Texas County Is First Government Agency to Sue VW for Environmental Harm By The National Trial Lawyers (Oct-1-15)
- Attorney: Volkswagen Owners Could Suffer Tremendous Financial Impact By Heidi Turner (Sep-30-15)
- Car Sellers in Class Action against VW Germany By Brenda Craig (Sep-29-15)
- Clean Diesel Technology Claim Deceived Millions of VW Owners By Brenda Craig (Sep-28-15)