LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Environment Lawyer Interviews
November 11, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Baltimore, MD: America has a bed bug problem according to attorney Daniel Whitney from Whitney LLP in Baltimore, Maryland. The veteran attorney and his team of lawyers have successfully resolved hundreds of bedbug lawsuits achieving six figure results on behalf of people who have been ravaged and mauled by the tiny bloodsucking insects.Read [ Bedbug Victims Bite Back ]
November 10, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
San Diego, CA: Epic wildfires rampaged through Northern California in the fall of 2017 destroying everything in their path leaving thousands of people to literally start over from the ground up. An estimated 6,000 homes and buildings were destroyed and at least 42 people died.Read [ Attorney Estimates California Wildfire Damage is in the Billions ]
July 26, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Louis, MO A group of seven farmers are the lead plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit that claims “corporate greed” and “a rush to market” by some of the world’s biggest makers and promoters of agricultural chemicals caused farm crops to wither and die costing farm operators millions of dollars in lost revenue and possibly forcing them to switch all their seed stock to herbicide resistant Monsanto seed in the coming years whether they want to or not.Read [ Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops ]
February 10, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Porter Ranch, CA: Since one of 115 natural gas wells owned by SoCal Gas in Aliso Canyon began leaking methane gas on October 23, there have been conflicting reports and rumors, from public safety and health issues to environmental damage. Public officials, spokespersons from the gas company, Porter Ranch residents and their lawyers more often than not have disagreed on key issues. Attorney Patricia Oliver of the R. Rex Parris Law Firm has been closely monitoring Porter Ranch, and she has filed environmental lawsuits on behalf of many residents.Read [ Porter Ranch Attorney Dispels Rumors and Dispenses Facts ]
January 19, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: Attorney Patricia Oliver, who specializes in cases involving water contamination from oil production and waste injection wells, says people in and around Porter Ranch should be concerned about this gas leak, from benzene levels in the escaping gas to the SoCal Gas plan not to include a safety valve replacement on the well.Read [ Porter Ranch Gas Leak: Are You Safe? ]
January 10, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Porter Ranch, CA: California Governor Jerry Brown has declared a state of emergency after visiting Porter Ranch, the site of an uncontrolled and ongoing methane gas leak, and has ordered increased inspections at similar facilities in the state.Read [ Porter Ranch Methane Leak Will Lead to Litigation ]
December 17, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Porter Ranch, CA: Environmentalist lawyer and activist Robert Kennedy Jr. has joined attorney Brian Panish and the R. Rex Parris Law Firm in a class-action lawsuit on behalf of individuals affected by the Porter Ranch gas leak.Read [ Porter Ranch Gas Leak: Attorney Robert Kennedy Jr. Weighs In ]
September 30, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney: Volkswagen Owners Could Suffer Tremendous Financial Impact ]
El Segundo, CAAnyone reading the news is likely aware of the recent Volkswagen recall, in which almost 500,000 diesel Volkswagens have been recalled due to the use of defeat devices that help the automobiles pass emissions testing. Lawsuits have already been filed against Volkswagen, with attorneys investigating further claims against the carmaker. Customers who purchased the affected Volkswagens allege in their lawsuits that they have been harmed financially by Volkswagen’s actions.
September 29, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Car Sellers in Class Action against VW Germany ]
Los Angeles, CAVW diesel owners were stunned to learn last week that their vehicles don’t meet federal emission standards. VW and independent dealerships are now stuck with millions of dollars of inventory they can’t legally sell. Like individual VW owners, dealers are now filing their own lawsuits against the company that sold them container loads of defective cars.
September 28, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Clean Diesel Technology Claim Deceived Millions of VW Owners ]
Corpus Christi, TX When Holly Harris bought her 2012 Jetta TDI two years ago, she, like millions of other VW owners, thought she was paying for “Clean Diesel” technology. She uses her Jetta to travel to school and make regular trips out of town to visit relatives.
- VW Owners File $1 Billion Suit By Brenda Craig (Sep-24-15)
- Attorney Discusses RICO Lawsuit Involving Governor and Oil Companies: California’s “Water-Gate” By Jane Mundy (Jun-6-15)
- Corn Farmers Case against Syngenta’s GMOs Could Take Years By Brenda Craig (Mar-27-15)
- Fracking and Legal Recourse: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Sep-25-12)
- Asbestos Drilling Mud Lawsuit Like David vs. Goliath By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-12)
- DuPont Herbicide Blamed for Tree Deaths By Brenda Craig (Sep-1-11)
- Town Sues BP and Shell for Cancer, Cancer Risk and Collapsing Property Values By Brenda Craig (Jul-5-11)
- $8.1 Million Settlement Is the Right Thing to Do, Says Attorney By Brenda Craig (Jun-28-11)
- Update: Open Pit Burn Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jun-22-11)
- Q&A with Asbestos Drilling Mud Attorney Ben Stewart By Jane Mundy (Apr-15-11)
- Q&A with Open Pit Burn Attorney Ben Stewart By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-11)
- BP Steps Up to the Plate in Alabama By Brenda Craig (Jan-12-11)
- $23 Million for Poisoning Children Suit By Brenda Craig (Jan-11-11)
- The Other Asbestos Victims—Spouses and Children By Brenda Craig (Oct-27-10)
- Neighborhoods Sue Tonawanda Coke By Brenda Craig (Sep-30-10)
- BP's $20 Billion Claim Fund: Should Victims File a Claim? By Heidi Turner (Jun-22-10)
- Transocean Tries to Limit Liability By Brenda Craig (May-19-10)
- Oil Blowout Irks BP Shareholders By Brenda Craig (May-13-10)
- Attorney Wes Pittman Speaks about the BP Oil Spill By Heidi Turner (May-8-10)
- Lead Contaminated Water Scandal Leads to Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Feb-23-09)
- Fly Ash the Latest Win for the Billy Murphy Firm. By Brenda Craig (Nov-29-08)
- Attorney Camilo Salas behind the Mississippi River Oil Spill Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Jul-28-08)
- Lawyer Scott Summy and Landmark Water Contamination Case By Brenda Craig (Jul-22-08)
- Attorney Charles W. Shipley Speaks on Messing with Farmers and the Environment By Paul Halpern (Mar-25-08)