LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Consumer Fraud Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 15, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder ]
Washington, DC For the first time ever, Johnson & Johnson recalled its baby powder (specifically single lot #22318RB, comprising 33,000 bottles) after the FDA announced trace levels of asbestos were found—purchased from an online retailer. J&J said it is working with the FDA to determine whether the product tested is authentic, counterfeit, or whether cross-contamination of the sample caused a false positive. And it also shows how the FDA lacks the ability to test consumer talc products.
November 12, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation ]
Oakland, CAThere’s a dispute during the recent Roundup hearing: Monsanto has asked a California judge to depose cancer patients’ treating physicians first, but plaintiffs’ attorney argues that will put his clients at an “extreme disadvantage”.
October 25, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Has J&J Lost Its Way? ]
Philadelphia, PA: One of thousands of Risperdal cases pending in the Philadelphia court system has resulted in a whopping $8 billion in damages awarded to a single plaintiff who claimed he developed breasts, a condition known as gynecomastia. Plaintiff Nicholas Murray’s lawyers told the jury following the verdict that, “Johnson and Johnson is a company which has lost its way.”
October 18, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? ]
St Louis, MO: About 18,400 Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits alleging Roundup cancer are bound to put a large dent into the $63 billion that Bayer bought St. Louis-based Monsanto for last year. While Bayer knew it inherited the Roundup lawsuits, one plaintiff attorney believes the German pharmaceutical company wasn’t anticipating the high cost of losing.
October 14, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More ]
Torrance, CA: To date, Johnson and Johnson has lost 14 talcum powder lawsuits (and is appealing most of those), has won seven cases, and five mesothelioma cases have resulted in hung juries and mistrials. The pharma giant is still facing over 14,000 lawsuits alleging its baby powder contained asbestos talc and caused cancer. Two California juries in October, however, rejected allegations that J&J’s talc contained asbestos and caused mesothelioma.
September 10, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Americans Want Automakers to Improve Fuel Economy ]
Washington, DC: A recent survey by Consumer Reports confirms that most Americans want automakers -- not only Ford-- to improve and increase fuel economy on every type of vehicle.
September 5, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits ]
Denton, MT: A Montana farmer recently filed a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit claiming its herbicide Roundup he used since 1982 caused his Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In a similar case filed in France, a French court found Monsanto guilty of poisoning a farmer and in June the first Australian legal action was filed against Bayer, which bought Monsanto in 2018.
August 26, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ford Fuel Mileage Complaints Mounting ]
Santa Clara, CA: Many drivers of America’s top-selling vehicle, the 2018 or 2019 Ford F-150 pickup, could be spending an extra $2,000 in fuel. Now they are accusing Ford Motor Co. of falsifying fuel-economy tests, and looking at a Ford class action lawsuit for anyone who bought or leased a 2019 Ford Ranger--and likely more models and model-year vehicles affected as testing continues.
July 29, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ $1.2 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Targets Ford Fuel Economy Claims ]
Detroit, MI Rapidly multiplying Ford class action lawsuits focusing on deceptive fuel economy claims will now include owners or lessees of 2018 and 2019 Ford F-150s or 2019 Ford Rangers. Misrepresented mileage may have cost drivers as much as $2,000 a year. Claims abound, but in the latest lawsuit, plaintiffs seek damages of $1.2 billion, arising from violations of statutory and common law in 49 states.
July 25, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lawmakers Suspect Gilead Has Ulterior Motives for Donating HIV/AIDS drug Truvada ]
Washington, DC:The drug manufacturer Gilead announced in May that it was making an annual donation of 2.4 million bottles of Truvada that is prescribed as a prophylactic to prevent the spread of HIV, also known as PrEP. Some lawmakers, however, suspect that the donation comes with strings attached.
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit—Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Cash Advance? There’s an App for That By Anne Wallace (Mar-25-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- Subpoenas Fly! Senate Demands Docs in Tainted Talcum Powder Probe By Anne Wallace (Mar-5-19)
- Patients Battle Surprise Emergency Room Charges By Anne Wallace (Feb-20-19)
- Imerys Talc Claims Bankruptcy, J&J Ovarian Cancer Claims Continue By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-19)
- Discrepancies in Emergency Room Overcharges Cause Frustration and Financial Woes By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-19)
- Tests and Studies For and Against J&J Talc - Jury Still Out By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-19)
- Trustmark National Bank Latest Defendant in Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-21-18)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- New Reuters Report Reveals J&J knew its Talcum Powder link to Asbestos and Cancer By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- Judge Upends $289 Million Monsanto Roundup Cancer Award By Anne Wallace (Oct-19-18)
- New Jersey Win for Johnson & Johnson and Los Angeles Mistrials in Asbestos –Mesothelioma Cancer Talc Trials By Jane Mundy (Oct-17-18)
- Digital Federal Credit Union Snared in Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Oct-3-18)
- New California Class Action Lawsuit Targets Deceptive Bank Fees By Anne Wallace (Sep-11-18)
- Talcum Cancer Lawsuit in California Based on Trust By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-18)
- CFPB Moves to Protect Students from Overdraft Fees By Anne Wallace (Aug-28-18)
- Landmark Credit Union Settles Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-18)
- Time For Banks To Pay Up: Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuits Settled By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-18)
- Families Ask GSK to Hand Over Zofran Data By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-18)
- Tentative Settlement Reached in Zimmer NexGen Knee-Implant MDL By Lucy Campbell (Feb-15-18)
- Minnesota Consumer Sues Capital One over 128 Bill Collector Robocalls to Cellular Phone By Anne Wallace (Feb-6-18)
- Androgel Bellwether Case Gets New Legal Team By Lucy Campbell (Jan-9-18)
- Home Warranty Lawsuit Goes to the New Jersey Supreme Court By Gordon Gibb (Dec-14-17)
- $28M Xarelto Verdict Against J&J and Bayer By Lucy Campbell (Dec-5-17)
- Time for Consumers to Litigate Against the Autorenewal Clause, Lawyer Says By Brenda Craig (Nov-25-17)
- $247M Verdict for Plaintiffs In DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Trial By Lucy Campbell (Nov-16-17)
- Bank of America to Settle Excessive Fees Class Action for $66.6 Million By Gordon Gibb (Nov-10-17)
- First Xarelto Trial Stalled Over Allegations of Witness Tampering By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-17)
- It Just Got Harder to Sue Your Bank for Excessive Overdraft Fees By Anne Wallace (Oct-30-17)
- $72M J&J Talc Cancer Verdict Reversed By Lucy Campbell (Oct-18-17)
- Wells Fargo Now Favors Arbitration in Long-Running Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-16-17)
- Bayer Pulls Essure Birth Control Device From All Countries Except US By Lucy Campbell (Sep-26-17)
- FDA Clears Bair Hugger for Post-Surgical Use By Lucy Campbell (Sep-12-17)
- $57.1M Ethicon TVT Secur Mesh Verdict Awarded By Lucy Campbell (Sep-8-17)
- Banks Fight Excessive Overdraft Suits with Bid for Arbitration By Anne Wallace (Sep-8-17)
- Whistleblower Alleges Healthcare Fraud in Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-17)