LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Consumer Fraud Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 10, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Americans Want Automakers to Improve Fuel Economy ]
Washington, DC: A recent survey by Consumer Reports confirms that most Americans want automakers -- not only Ford-- to improve and increase fuel economy on every type of vehicle.
September 5, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits ]
Denton, MT: A Montana farmer recently filed a Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit claiming its herbicide Roundup he used since 1982 caused his Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. In a similar case filed in France, a French court found Monsanto guilty of poisoning a farmer and in June the first Australian legal action was filed against Bayer, which bought Monsanto in 2018.
August 26, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ford Fuel Mileage Complaints Mounting ]
Santa Clara, CA: Many drivers of America’s top-selling vehicle, the 2018 or 2019 Ford F-150 pickup, could be spending an extra $2,000 in fuel. Now they are accusing Ford Motor Co. of falsifying fuel-economy tests, and looking at a Ford class action lawsuit for anyone who bought or leased a 2019 Ford Ranger--and likely more models and model-year vehicles affected as testing continues.
July 29, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ $1.2 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Targets Ford Fuel Economy Claims ]
Detroit, MI Rapidly multiplying Ford class action lawsuits focusing on deceptive fuel economy claims will now include owners or lessees of 2018 and 2019 Ford F-150s or 2019 Ford Rangers. Misrepresented mileage may have cost drivers as much as $2,000 a year. Claims abound, but in the latest lawsuit, plaintiffs seek damages of $1.2 billion, arising from violations of statutory and common law in 49 states.
July 25, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lawmakers Suspect Gilead Has Ulterior Motives for Donating HIV/AIDS drug Truvada ]
Washington, DC:The drug manufacturer Gilead announced in May that it was making an annual donation of 2.4 million bottles of Truvada that is prescribed as a prophylactic to prevent the spread of HIV, also known as PrEP. Some lawmakers, however, suspect that the donation comes with strings attached.
July 24, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits ]
Trenton, NJ: Johnson & Johnson is hoping to snuff out over 20 plaintiffs’ expert witnesses from the multi-district litigation in a Daubert Hearing that began this week. The plaintiff cases are built on expert testimonies who say that asbestos fibers have been found in samples of talcum powder provided by plaintiff lawyers purchased on eBay and other places.
July 17, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit—Attorney Weighs In ]
New York, NY: If you are a current or former Ford vehicle owner or you leased Ford model years 2017-2019 (the “Class Vehicles”) that were marketed and sold with overstated fuel economy, you may be entitled to compensation. Attorney Gary Graifman has filed the Ford class action lawsuit on behalf of Ford customers nationwide who believe the advertised fuel mileage economy of their vehicle was overstated.
July 17, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence ]
Washington, DC A disturbing theme has emerged from the trio of recent Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits. In each of them, Johnson v. Monsanto Co., Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. and Pilliod v. Monsanto Co., the plaintiffs’ cancers were linked to glyphosate, the active ingredient in Monsanto’s weed killer Roundup. And in each of them, the company’s liability was founded on the proposition that it failed to warn users even though it knew or should have known about the danger.
March 25, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Cash Advance? There’s an App for That ]
Washington, DC What, you may ask, does the Pay feature of the new smartphone app, Branch, have to do with excessive overdraft fee lawsuits? The honest answer is maybe nothing. On the other hand, it may be next new frontier for an under-regulated cash advance/overdraft fee/ payday loan industry.
March 21, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer ]
San Francisco, CA On March 19, the jury in Hardeman v. Monsanto Co. unanimously found that RoundUp was a substantial factor in causing Edward Hardeman’s non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. This first phase of Hardeman’s Monsanto glyphosate lawsuit focused solely on scientific facts relevant to causation. The second phase will determine corporate liability, based on alleged corporate misconduct by company representatives. Monsanto and its corporate parent, Bayer AG of Germany face more than 11,000 Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits over alleged RoundUp cancer.
- Subpoenas Fly! Senate Demands Docs in Tainted Talcum Powder Probe By Anne Wallace (Mar-5-19)
- Patients Battle Surprise Emergency Room Charges By Anne Wallace (Feb-20-19)
- Imerys Talc Claims Bankruptcy, J&J Ovarian Cancer Claims Continue By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-19)
- Discrepancies in Emergency Room Overcharges Cause Frustration and Financial Woes By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-19)
- Tests and Studies For and Against J&J Talc - Jury Still Out By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-19)
- Trustmark National Bank Latest Defendant in Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-21-18)
- Bayer’s Biggest Mistake –Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-18)
- New Reuters Report Reveals J&J knew its Talcum Powder link to Asbestos and Cancer By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-18)
- Monsanto has appealed a $78 million award to DeWayne Johnson, More Lawsuits Coming By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-18)
- Judge Upends $289 Million Monsanto Roundup Cancer Award By Anne Wallace (Oct-19-18)
- New Jersey Win for Johnson & Johnson and Los Angeles Mistrials in Asbestos –Mesothelioma Cancer Talc Trials By Jane Mundy (Oct-17-18)
- Digital Federal Credit Union Snared in Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Oct-3-18)
- New California Class Action Lawsuit Targets Deceptive Bank Fees By Anne Wallace (Sep-11-18)
- Talcum Cancer Lawsuit in California Based on Trust By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-18)
- CFPB Moves to Protect Students from Overdraft Fees By Anne Wallace (Aug-28-18)
- Landmark Credit Union Settles Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-18)
- Time For Banks To Pay Up: Excessive Overdraft Fees Lawsuits Settled By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-18)
- Families Ask GSK to Hand Over Zofran Data By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-18)
- Tentative Settlement Reached in Zimmer NexGen Knee-Implant MDL By Lucy Campbell (Feb-15-18)
- Minnesota Consumer Sues Capital One over 128 Bill Collector Robocalls to Cellular Phone By Anne Wallace (Feb-6-18)
- Androgel Bellwether Case Gets New Legal Team By Lucy Campbell (Jan-9-18)
- Home Warranty Lawsuit Goes to the New Jersey Supreme Court By Gordon Gibb (Dec-14-17)
- $28M Xarelto Verdict Against J&J and Bayer By Lucy Campbell (Dec-5-17)
- Time for Consumers to Litigate Against the Autorenewal Clause, Lawyer Says By Brenda Craig (Nov-25-17)
- $247M Verdict for Plaintiffs In DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Trial By Lucy Campbell (Nov-16-17)
- Bank of America to Settle Excessive Fees Class Action for $66.6 Million By Gordon Gibb (Nov-10-17)
- First Xarelto Trial Stalled Over Allegations of Witness Tampering By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-17)
- It Just Got Harder to Sue Your Bank for Excessive Overdraft Fees By Anne Wallace (Oct-30-17)
- $72M J&J Talc Cancer Verdict Reversed By Lucy Campbell (Oct-18-17)
- Wells Fargo Now Favors Arbitration in Long-Running Overdraft Fees Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-16-17)
- Bayer Pulls Essure Birth Control Device From All Countries Except US By Lucy Campbell (Sep-26-17)
- FDA Clears Bair Hugger for Post-Surgical Use By Lucy Campbell (Sep-12-17)
- $57.1M Ethicon TVT Secur Mesh Verdict Awarded By Lucy Campbell (Sep-8-17)
- Banks Fight Excessive Overdraft Suits with Bid for Arbitration By Anne Wallace (Sep-8-17)
- Whistleblower Alleges Healthcare Fraud in Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Sep-7-17)
- Insys Faked Cancer Patients to Get Fentanyl Sales By Lucy Campbell (Sep-7-17)
- Disgruntled Connecticut Account Holder Sues People’s United Bank over Fees By Gordon Gibb (Sep-3-17)
- Republican Lawmakers Want to Retract New Consumers Rights to Excessive Bank Fees Class Actions By Gordon Gibb (Aug-3-17)
- Tipsters Play Huge Role in Rooting Out Financial Fraud By Brenda Craig (Aug-2-17)
- Women Speak Out About Essure Health Problems By Lucy Campbell (Jul-31-17)