LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Accidents Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 25, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags ]
Washington, DC The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has ordered Ford to recall three million cars that contain defective driver’s side airbags. The airbags contain potentially faulty Takata inflators that may cause the bags to rupture, resulting in catastrophic airbag injuries. This follows a similar 2020 order affecting General Motors.
January 29, 2021. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Erik Abrahamson: Personal Injury Lawyer Spotlight ]
Tampa, FL With over 100 years of combined experience, Abrahamson & Uiterwyk handles virtually every type of personal injury claim—no case is too big or too small. Mr. Abrahamson prides himself on offering professional and compassionate representation to all clients, regardless of their potential case value.
June 22, 2018. By Lori Prapas.
San Jose, CA: On May 20, 2018, an Acura TL driven by a 16-year-old unlicensed driver jumped a curb on Highway 101, and skidded down an embankment before it was struck by another vehicle, killing a teen passenger. One week later, on Memorial Day, a stolen car driven by a 13-year-old was fleeing San Jose police when it collided with another vehicle in a head on crash, critically injuring one passenger and harming four others. California is notorious for its high rate of uninsured drivers, resulting in a large number of California car accidents. Accidents with an uninsured driver can result in the uncertainty of whether one’s injuries and property damage will be compensated, and if so, how?Read [ Unlicensed Drivers Cause Two Recent California Car Accidents in One Week ]
March 9, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Crosby, TX If they'd been told just how dangerous the Arkema Inc. chemical plant could become the plaintiffs would have taken more precautions, but according to the statement of claim filed in a Texas court, Arkema's failure to warn authorities and the public resulted in serious injuries to a team of first responders and nearby residents.Read [ First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey ]
June 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Miami, FL: Airbag injuries suffered by unsuspecting victims are frustrating enough when caused by a safety device designed to protect, rather than injure. The massive Takata airbag recall involving millions of vehicles is the most widely-cited example of the problem. However a lesser-known issue, but one just as compelling involve used airbags and recycled airbags that have the capability of injuring, or causing death.Read [ The Growing Concern over Recalled Airbags in Used Car Repairs ]
May 12, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Washington, DC: In a potentially crushing blow to General Motors, the US Supreme Court has declined to consider an appeal from the automaker asking for a legal shield to protect GM from lawsuits related to faulty ignition switches on its vehicles.Read [ Supreme Court Won't Review GM's Appeal For Protection Against Ignition Switch Lawsuits ]
May 12, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Kansas City, MO: Recent reports of airbag injuries suffered by a young woman in an older-model car that had been in an accident and returned to the road with a replacement airbag, together with media reports originating from Kansas City with regard to recycled airbags, points to an entirely new issue with recalled airbags, and accompanying airbag lawsuits.Read [ Airbag Injuries and Defective Airbags Getting More Complicated ]
April 19, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A $55 million jury verdict brought against Honda Motor Co, in 2014 will stand, according to a ruling by the Pennsylvania Superior Court. The settlement resulted from a personal injury lawsuit against Honda that alleged the automotive manufacturer ignored a seat belt defect. The suit was brought by a man who claimed that defect resulted in his becoming paralyzed.Read [ $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Chicago, Ill Lawyers representing Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old passenger who was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight, have filed an emergency request with a court in Chicago asking the airline to preserve all video, cockpit recordings, surveillance video, passenger and crew lists and other evidence related to the incident.Read [ Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue ]
March 29, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: According to a study in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine, zip-line injuries are on the increase with 17,000 people treated for zip-line-related injuries between 1997 and 2012, the period of the study. The data also show a 70 percent increase in zip-line injuries during 2009-2012, which works out to an average of 10 injuries every day.Read [ Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise ]
- Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage By Brenda Craig (Mar-24-17)
- Takata to Pay $1B for Airbag Scandal By Lucy Campbell (Feb-28-17)
- 2017 Expected to be a Landmark Year for Airbag Injury Litigation By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-17)
- Parents Face Pool Drowning Nightmare By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-17)
- Attorney: It's Mind Boggling Ammonium Nitrate Was Used in Airbags By Heidi Turner (Nov-9-16)
- Is Texas Truck Crash a Telling Commentary on Takata Defective Airbags? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-20-16)
- Truck with Takata Airbag Inflators Explodes By Lucy Campbell (Aug-31-16)
- The Machinations behind a Defective Airbag Settlement, Takata CEO Shielded By Gordon Gibb (Aug-13-16)
- Soberanes Wildfire Destroying Homes and Property By Lucy Campbell (Jul-25-16)
- LA Wildfire Explodes to 20,000 Acres By Lucy Campbell (Jul-25-16)
- Anton Yelchin Killed by Jeep Grand Cherokee Under Recall By Lucy Campbell (Jun-21-16)
- Accident Attorneys Rob Ammons and Jim Dunnam Help Family Win Record-Setting $27.5 Million Recovery Against Sanderson Farms By LAS Staff Writer (May-6-16)
- Investigation Reveals Cause of Exploding Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Feb-23-16)
- Despite Recalls and Lawsuits, Airbags Still Linked to Deaths By Heidi Turner (Feb-2-16)
- Family of Qualcomm Exec Killed in Plane Crash Files Wrongful Death Law Suit By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-11-16)
- Popular Ride Topples at Amusement Park, Parents of Injured Child Sue By Gordon Gibb (Sep-9-15)
- Jury Awards $67 Million to Passenger Paralyzed in Chain Reaction Auto Accident By The National Trial Lawyers (Sep-4-15)
- Truck Accident Shuts Down California Freeway By Lucy Campbell (Jul-9-15)
- UK Amusement Park Accident Injures Four, Leaves 12 Hanging in Mid Air By Lucy Campbell (Jun-3-15)
- “A Truck Crash Is Not a Car Crash,” Says Florida Litigation Lawyer By Brenda Craig (May-30-15)
- Takata Admits Airbags Defective Recalls 33.8M Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-19-15)
- America’s Train Trial Lawyer Is Asking Questions about the Amtrak Accident By Brenda Craig (May-18-15)
- Honda Recalls 4.89 Million Cars With Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (May-14-15)
- Seven Dead and 200 Injured in Amtrak Crash By Lucy Campbell (May-13-15)
- Driver Dies from Horrific New Jersey Truck Accident By Gordon Gibb (May-8-15)
- Plaintiffs Give Up on GM Faulty Ignition Switch Fund, Look to Courts Instead By Gordon Gibb (Apr-26-15)
- Airbag Investigation Announced By Heidi Turner (Apr-7-15)
- $11M Awarded in Toyota Camry Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Feb-4-15)
- Hagens Berman Expands National Takata Airbag Safety Recall Investigation By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-20-15)
- Airbag Recall Grows As Lawsuits Are Filed By Heidi Turner (Jan-15-15)
- Consequences of GM Recall Extended As Guilty Plea in Fatal Crash Overturned By Heidi Turner (Dec-25-14)
- Calls for Nationwide Airbag Recall Increase As Some Lawsuits Are Settled By Heidi Turner (Nov-30-14)
- NHTSA Wants National Recall of Vehicles with Defective Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-14)
- Chrysler Air Bag and Steering Wobble Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Oct-10-14)
- Airbag Defect Leads to Recall By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-14)
- $28.4M Recovery for Texas Women in Company Car Crash By The National Trial Lawyers (Aug-22-14)
- Airbag Injuries Lawsuit Filed against GM By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-14)
- GM Recall: “I Drove a Rolling Death Trap” By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-14)
- Airbag Injury Lawsuits—More to Come? By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-14)
- $19.8M Verdict for Man Immolated in Home Gas Explosion By The National Trial Lawyers (Jul-2-14)