LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Accidents Legal News Articles & Interviews
June 22, 2018. By Lori Prapas.
San Jose, CA: On May 20, 2018, an Acura TL driven by a 16-year-old unlicensed driver jumped a curb on Highway 101, and skidded down an embankment before it was struck by another vehicle, killing a teen passenger. One week later, on Memorial Day, a stolen car driven by a 13-year-old was fleeing San Jose police when it collided with another vehicle in a head on crash, critically injuring one passenger and harming four others. California is notorious for its high rate of uninsured drivers, resulting in a large number of California car accidents. Accidents with an uninsured driver can result in the uncertainty of whether one’s injuries and property damage will be compensated, and if so, how?Read [ Unlicensed Drivers Cause Two Recent California Car Accidents in One Week ]
March 9, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Crosby, TX If they'd been told just how dangerous the Arkema Inc. chemical plant could become the plaintiffs would have taken more precautions, but according to the statement of claim filed in a Texas court, Arkema's failure to warn authorities and the public resulted in serious injuries to a team of first responders and nearby residents.Read [ First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey ]
June 1, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Miami, FL: Airbag injuries suffered by unsuspecting victims are frustrating enough when caused by a safety device designed to protect, rather than injure. The massive Takata airbag recall involving millions of vehicles is the most widely-cited example of the problem. However a lesser-known issue, but one just as compelling involve used airbags and recycled airbags that have the capability of injuring, or causing death.Read [ The Growing Concern over Recalled Airbags in Used Car Repairs ]
May 12, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Washington, DC: In a potentially crushing blow to General Motors, the US Supreme Court has declined to consider an appeal from the automaker asking for a legal shield to protect GM from lawsuits related to faulty ignition switches on its vehicles.Read [ Supreme Court Won't Review GM's Appeal For Protection Against Ignition Switch Lawsuits ]
May 12, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Kansas City, MO: Recent reports of airbag injuries suffered by a young woman in an older-model car that had been in an accident and returned to the road with a replacement airbag, together with media reports originating from Kansas City with regard to recycled airbags, points to an entirely new issue with recalled airbags, and accompanying airbag lawsuits.Read [ Airbag Injuries and Defective Airbags Getting More Complicated ]
April 19, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A $55 million jury verdict brought against Honda Motor Co, in 2014 will stand, according to a ruling by the Pennsylvania Superior Court. The settlement resulted from a personal injury lawsuit against Honda that alleged the automotive manufacturer ignored a seat belt defect. The suit was brought by a man who claimed that defect resulted in his becoming paralyzed.Read [ $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Chicago, Ill Lawyers representing Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old passenger who was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight, have filed an emergency request with a court in Chicago asking the airline to preserve all video, cockpit recordings, surveillance video, passenger and crew lists and other evidence related to the incident.Read [ Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue ]
March 29, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: According to a study in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine, zip-line injuries are on the increase with 17,000 people treated for zip-line-related injuries between 1997 and 2012, the period of the study. The data also show a 70 percent increase in zip-line injuries during 2009-2012, which works out to an average of 10 injuries every day.Read [ Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise ]
March 24, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Harlingen, TX A woman from Harlingen, Texas in the Rio Grande Valley was driving through her neighborhood on December 8, 2015 when she had a fender bender in her 2012 Honda Civic. According to Mary Lou Rodriguez she clipped a parked truck at no more than 15 miles per hour.Read [ Fender Bender Air Bag Deployment Left Texas Woman with Eye Damage ]
February 28, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: Takata Corporation has agreed to pay $1 billion to settle multi-district litigation alleging the airbag manufacturer was aware of the fatal defect with its airbags but sold them anyway. At least 11 deaths have been linked to the airbags, which can explode due to a design defect. According to the proposed settlement terms Takata will plead guilty to wire fraud. However, Plaintiffs have objected to the proposed deal on the grounds that it doesn’t address the culpability of TK Holdings Inc., Takata’s US, subsidiary, and that the Department of Justice had been misled in its investigation.Read [ Takata to Pay $1B for Airbag Scandal ]
- 2017 Expected to be a Landmark Year for Airbag Injury Litigation By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-17)
- Parents Face Pool Drowning Nightmare By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-17)
- Attorney: It's Mind Boggling Ammonium Nitrate Was Used in Airbags By Heidi Turner (Nov-9-16)
- Is Texas Truck Crash a Telling Commentary on Takata Defective Airbags? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-20-16)
- Truck with Takata Airbag Inflators Explodes By Lucy Campbell (Aug-31-16)
- The Machinations behind a Defective Airbag Settlement, Takata CEO Shielded By Gordon Gibb (Aug-13-16)
- Soberanes Wildfire Destroying Homes and Property By Lucy Campbell (Jul-25-16)
- LA Wildfire Explodes to 20,000 Acres By Lucy Campbell (Jul-25-16)
- Anton Yelchin Killed by Jeep Grand Cherokee Under Recall By Lucy Campbell (Jun-21-16)
- Accident Attorneys Rob Ammons and Jim Dunnam Help Family Win Record-Setting $27.5 Million Recovery Against Sanderson Farms By LAS Staff Writer (May-6-16)
- Investigation Reveals Cause of Exploding Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Feb-23-16)
- Despite Recalls and Lawsuits, Airbags Still Linked to Deaths By Heidi Turner (Feb-2-16)
- Family of Qualcomm Exec Killed in Plane Crash Files Wrongful Death Law Suit By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-11-16)
- Popular Ride Topples at Amusement Park, Parents of Injured Child Sue By Gordon Gibb (Sep-9-15)
- Jury Awards $67 Million to Passenger Paralyzed in Chain Reaction Auto Accident By The National Trial Lawyers (Sep-4-15)
- Truck Accident Shuts Down California Freeway By Lucy Campbell (Jul-9-15)
- UK Amusement Park Accident Injures Four, Leaves 12 Hanging in Mid Air By Lucy Campbell (Jun-3-15)
- “A Truck Crash Is Not a Car Crash,” Says Florida Litigation Lawyer By Brenda Craig (May-30-15)
- Takata Admits Airbags Defective Recalls 33.8M Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-19-15)
- America’s Train Trial Lawyer Is Asking Questions about the Amtrak Accident By Brenda Craig (May-18-15)
- Honda Recalls 4.89 Million Cars With Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (May-14-15)
- Seven Dead and 200 Injured in Amtrak Crash By Lucy Campbell (May-13-15)
- Driver Dies from Horrific New Jersey Truck Accident By Gordon Gibb (May-8-15)
- Plaintiffs Give Up on GM Faulty Ignition Switch Fund, Look to Courts Instead By Gordon Gibb (Apr-26-15)
- Airbag Investigation Announced By Heidi Turner (Apr-7-15)
- $11M Awarded in Toyota Camry Sudden Unintended Acceleration Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Feb-4-15)
- Hagens Berman Expands National Takata Airbag Safety Recall Investigation By LAS Staff Writer (Jan-20-15)
- Airbag Recall Grows As Lawsuits Are Filed By Heidi Turner (Jan-15-15)
- Consequences of GM Recall Extended As Guilty Plea in Fatal Crash Overturned By Heidi Turner (Dec-25-14)
- Calls for Nationwide Airbag Recall Increase As Some Lawsuits Are Settled By Heidi Turner (Nov-30-14)
- NHTSA Wants National Recall of Vehicles with Defective Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-14)
- Chrysler Air Bag and Steering Wobble Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Oct-10-14)
- Airbag Defect Leads to Recall By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-14)
- $28.4M Recovery for Texas Women in Company Car Crash By The National Trial Lawyers (Aug-22-14)
- Airbag Injuries Lawsuit Filed against GM By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-14)
- GM Recall: “I Drove a Rolling Death Trap” By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-14)
- Airbag Injury Lawsuits—More to Come? By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-14)
- $19.8M Verdict for Man Immolated in Home Gas Explosion By The National Trial Lawyers (Jul-2-14)
- Widower Alleging Airbag Failure Attempts to Re-Launch Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jun-12-14)
- GM Issues Another Recall for 5 Different Defects in 2,7 Million Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-15-14)