LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
July 28, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? ]
Washington, DC The U.S. Government Accountability Office recently reported that the price tag to clean up per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from nearly 700 military bases nationwide will probably exceed -- and cost taxpayers-- $2.1 billion. According to the Department of Defense (DOD) that price is up from $1.1 billion last year.
July 26, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California ]
San Francisco, CA Monsanto has been hit with another lawsuit claiming its Roundup product causes non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and other cancers. Plaintiff Michael Langford of Sacramento was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2007 and later developed other cancers. Langford’s Monsanto lawsuit filed in late June comes on the heels of a claim also filed in June. An Ohio resident filed suit in Delaware Superior Court claiming her non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma was also the result of many years’ exposure to Roundup in the care of her home garden.
July 8, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Jury heard 3M Combat Arms Earplug Plaintiff Loud and Clear ]
Pensacola, FL In the third 3M earplug bellwether trial a federal jury determined that the company failed to provide adequate safety warnings about their combat arms earplugs. The plaintiff, veteran Lloyd Baker, was awarded $1.7 million.
June 30, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Syngenta Sues Insurers to Mount Defense, Pay Excess Claims ]
Wilmington, DE On May 17 Syngenta, the manufacturer and distributor of paraquat-based herbicides, filed a lawsuit in the Superior Court of the State of Delaware seeking a declaratory judgment that would compel nearly 100 insurers to undertake Syngenta’s defense in the growing number of product-based personal injury lawsuits. The underlying lawsuits focus on the link between the herbicide and Parkinson’s disease, which appears with disproportionate frequency in professionals who used the product under license and according to the manufacturer’s directions. Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC v. Travelers Casualty and Surety Company also seeks damages against insurers who, according to the company, also breached other contractual provisions. Some of these breaches allegedly occurred decades ago.
June 25, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ J&J Talc Plaintiffs: It Pays to Persevere ]
Washington, DC Twenty women who sued Johnson and Johnson, claiming its baby powder was key in their ovarian cancers, stuck to their guns: the U.S. Supreme Court won’t overturn a $2.1 billion against J&J, which was cut from a 2018 Missouri Court verdict of $4.7 billion. These women persevered through an exhaustive and harrowing court battle including the company’s last ditch appeal in March. But nine women have died from ovarian cancer since the trial began six years ago.
June 22, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Air Force Veteran Files Kidney Cancer Lawsuit Citing Firefighting Foam ]
Charleston, SC On May 26, Jeffrey Clark filed a lawsuit against 3M and a host of other corporate defendants citing his exposure to perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) firefighting foams as the likely cause of his kidney cancer. Clark v. 3M Company will be consolidated for pre-trial proceedings into the Multidistrict Litigation now currently before the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina.
June 18, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Goodbye to Glyphosate? ]
San Francisco, CA In the wake of the Northern District of California’s rejection of a proposed settlement that would have limited Monsanto’s future liability for glyphosate lawsuits, Monsanto has announced that it will reconsider reformulating Roundup products marketed for residential use. Bayer AG has looked to limit its potential financial exposure to Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits ever since it acquired the company in 2018.
June 10, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Earplugs Bellwether Trial: So far a Draw ]
Pensacola, FLThe second 3M earplug lawsuit ended with a win for the defense. The Combat Arms Earplug manufacturer lost the first bellwether trial that ended with a $7.1 million win for veterans. Now, hundreds of thousands of victims with hearing loss allegedly from defective earplugs await the third and final trial on June 7th in Pensacola.
May 27, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland ]
Lancaster, SC Ruth underwent three abdominal mesh surgeries in the last few years, all of them unsuccessful. She now lives with an ugly scar and constant pain. She replaced her addiction to prescription painkillers with Suboxone (prevents painful addiction withdrawal) and trips to the emergency room with visits to the addiction center.
May 25, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
San Francisco, CA On April 2, Russell Denes filed a personal injury Paraquat lawsuit in the Northern District of California, alleging that his Parkinson’s disease was caused by his decades’ long, low-dose exposure to Paraquat. Denes, a certified pesticide applicator, allegedly used the herbicide according to safety regulations, and was aware that Paraquat was acutely toxic.Read [ California Lawsuit: Paraquat Caused Parkinson’s disease ]
- National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- City of LaCrosse sues 3M Company over PFAS Water Contamination By Anne Wallace (Mar-30-21)
- Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-21)
- Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-21)
- NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-21)
- Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Firefighting Foam $17.5M Settlement a “Huge Milestone” By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-21)
- Forever Waiting for EPA’s Limits on PFAS “Forever Chemicals” By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-21)
- “Do I Have a Firefighting Foam or Contaminated Water Lawsuit?” PFAS Contamination Lawyer Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-20)
- PFAS Contamination In Japan Linked to U.S. Military Firefighting Foam By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Hearing Examinations to Begin in 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplugs Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Nov-19-20)
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-20)
- Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-10-20)
- PFAS & PFOA Water Contamination and Firefighter Lawsuits on the Rise By Jane Mundy (Nov-6-20)
- California Jury Decision in Zoom Asbestos Trial Admirable By Jane Mundy (Nov-3-20)
- Lead Attorney for 3M Earplug Plaintiffs is Proceeding to Trial By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-20)
- Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation By Jane Mundy (Oct-12-20)
- More Firefighters File PFAS/PFOA lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)
- Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-20)
- 3M Cannot Use “Government Contractor Defense” as Earplugs Lawsuit Continues By Jane Mundy (Sep-18-20)
- FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths By Anne Wallace (Sep-15-20)
- Black Farmers Hit Monsanto with “No More Roundup” Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-20)
- Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-20)
- Tobacco Industry’s Back in Business with E-Cigarettes By Jane Mundy (Jun-22-20)
- The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-20)
- Former Canadian Health Minister on Juul Board while Current Minister Opposes Vaping By Jane Mundy (Jun-4-20)
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus By Jane Mundy (May-27-20)
- Zantac Associated with Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-20-20)
- Tell teens that Now is the Time to Quit E-Cigarettes and Vaping By Jane Mundy (May-18-20)