LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 15, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder ]
Washington, DC For the first time ever, Johnson & Johnson recalled its baby powder (specifically single lot #22318RB, comprising 33,000 bottles) after the FDA announced trace levels of asbestos were found—purchased from an online retailer. J&J said it is working with the FDA to determine whether the product tested is authentic, counterfeit, or whether cross-contamination of the sample caused a false positive. And it also shows how the FDA lacks the ability to test consumer talc products.
November 12, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation ]
Oakland, CAThere’s a dispute during the recent Roundup hearing: Monsanto has asked a California judge to depose cancer patients’ treating physicians first, but plaintiffs’ attorney argues that will put his clients at an “extreme disadvantage”.
October 25, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Has J&J Lost Its Way? ]
Philadelphia, PA: One of thousands of Risperdal cases pending in the Philadelphia court system has resulted in a whopping $8 billion in damages awarded to a single plaintiff who claimed he developed breasts, a condition known as gynecomastia. Plaintiff Nicholas Murray’s lawyers told the jury following the verdict that, “Johnson and Johnson is a company which has lost its way.”
October 18, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? ]
St Louis, MO: About 18,400 Monsanto glyphosate lawsuits alleging Roundup cancer are bound to put a large dent into the $63 billion that Bayer bought St. Louis-based Monsanto for last year. While Bayer knew it inherited the Roundup lawsuits, one plaintiff attorney believes the German pharmaceutical company wasn’t anticipating the high cost of losing.
October 14, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More ]
Torrance, CA: To date, Johnson and Johnson has lost 14 talcum powder lawsuits (and is appealing most of those), has won seven cases, and five mesothelioma cases have resulted in hung juries and mistrials. The pharma giant is still facing over 14,000 lawsuits alleging its baby powder contained asbestos talc and caused cancer. Two California juries in October, however, rejected allegations that J&J’s talc contained asbestos and caused mesothelioma.
September 26, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys ]
New JerseyJohnson & Johnson struck another loss in its asbestos talc trial September 11, 2019, and the pharma giant has been ordered to pay $37.3 to four plaintiffs – after the defendants’ attorney called the plaintiffs’ attorney “sinister”, according to Courtroom View Network. That seemed to be enough for the judge, the straw that broke the camel’s back, so to speak.
September 19, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Ramping Up ]
Detroit, MI: At least ten Ford class action lawsuits against Ford allege its 2019 Ford Ranger and 2018 Ford F-150 trucks underwent inaccurate Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) testing that overstated fuel economy. But complaints are pouring in regarding other Ford models with poor fuel economy MPG ratings.
September 16, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Santa Clara, CA: A former member of the U.S. Navy SEABEES adds one more lawsuit to hundreds of others filed by veterans nationwide against 3M Corporation, claiming that the company falsified testing documents and knowingly manufactured and distributed 3M combat arms defective earplugs to the U.S. Military.Read [ Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. ]
September 13, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Fort Saskatchewan, AB: How can a heavy metal accumulate in the brain but not be considered harmful? After undergoing seven MRI scans, all with injections of a gadolinium-based contrast agent (GBCA), Wanda Milley experienced the same gadolinium contrast dye side effects that many other patients have suffered, and have subsequently filed gadolinium lawsuits.Read [ Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial ]
September 10, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Americans Want Automakers to Improve Fuel Economy ]
Washington, DC: A recent survey by Consumer Reports confirms that most Americans want automakers -- not only Ford-- to improve and increase fuel economy on every type of vehicle.
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- Ford Fuel Mileage Complaints Mounting By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Gadolinium Dyeing Out? By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-19)
- Department of Justice Probe Continues as Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Heat Up By Anne Wallace (Aug-12-19)
- Veterans with Hearing Loss Chucked 3M Defective Earplugs During Deployment By Jane Mundy (Aug-6-19)
- $1.2 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Targets Ford Fuel Economy Claims By Anne Wallace (Jul-29-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- ZF-TRW Holdings and Six Automakers Slammed with Defective Airbag Class Action Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit—Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up By Jane Mundy (May-25-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Merchant Marine Asbestos Cases from 1989 Reinstated By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-19)
- “I was a Gadolinium Guinea Pig,” says Woman Diagnosed with Kidney Problems By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Company Execs Indicted for Failing to Report Flammable Dehumidifiers By Jane Mundy (Apr-11-19)
- Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested? By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-19)
- Texas 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplug Lawsuit Tells Tale of War Profiteering By Anne Wallace (Apr-2-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)
- $29 Million Verdict in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Mar-18-19)
- Multidistrict Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Awards and Settlements Approach $11 Billion By Anne Wallace (Mar-13-19)
- 3M Allegedly Reported False Safety Results to Procure Lucrative Contract By Anne Wallace (Mar-6-19)
- Subpoenas Fly! Senate Demands Docs in Tainted Talcum Powder Probe By Anne Wallace (Mar-5-19)
- More 3M Defective Earplug Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-19)
- Imerys Talc Claims Bankruptcy, J&J Ovarian Cancer Claims Continue By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Settles Deceptive Hip Implant Marketing Lawsuits for $120 Million By Anne Wallace (Feb-12-19)
- Tests and Studies For and Against J&J Talc - Jury Still Out By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-19)