LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 20, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Fifteen hernia mesh victims have filed a motion with the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation seeking to consolidate and centralize Atrium’s ProLite and ProLoop mesh claims before one judge in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
January 18, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips ]
Philadelphia, PA A recent FDA investigation has determined that Philips, the manufacturer of up to 15 million potentially defective sleep and breathing devices worldwide, knew its machines were faulty years before it issued a recall last June. The CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) and BiPAP devices were recalled because sound abatement foam (PE-PUR Foam) in the machines had been degrading and causing users to inhale toxic particles. Now the investigation has been made public, CPAP sleep machine lawsuits are rolling in.
December 7, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence ]
Philadelphia, PA In response to a federal court order requiring Philips RS North America to preserve evidence for a multidistrict litigation, the company says it hinders the recall and repairs of its defective CPAP sleep machines, as per the FDA’s order. But plaintiffs say Philips proposes to destroy evidence—defective sound-dampening foam and memory cards—unnecessarily.
Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips
November 26, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips ]
Peterborough, NH Being Philips’ Scapegoat has resulted in SoClean filing a lawsuit against the CPAP sleep machine manufacturer alleging unfair and deceptive practices and “causing it to suffer at least $200 million in damages”. Philips suggested that SoClean was to blame for its 15 million faulty CPAP and BiPAP machines.
November 22, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse ]
Silver Spring, MD The FDA reviewed Boston Scientific’s latest studies of the pros and cons of using transvaginal mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and doubled down on its earlier conclusion that the risks outweighed the benefits. In 2019, after a spate of surgical mesh lawsuits, the FDA ordered Boston Scientific to immediately pull its transvaginal mesh products off the market.
October 28, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Navy Veteran Claims PFAS Firefighting Foam Caused Testicular Cancer ]
Spring, TXA former U.S. Navy firefighter has recently filed a civil action against about 18 chemical and safety equipment manufacturers claiming PFAS in firefighting foam caused his testicular cancer. Defendants, the Defense Department and more knew of the dangers but chose not to inform the public.
October 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Dayton, OH While the first Bard hernia mesh bellwether trial is described by legal experts as a “crushing blow” to plaintiffs, others opine that it will likely have minimal impact on the overall outcome of the hernia mesh litigation. Round two is now underway.
October 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? ]
Newark, NJ A proposed class action filed in a New Jersey federal court accuses Dutch manufacturer Royal Philips of knowing for months that its CPAP sleep machines posed a serious health hazard but “unreasonably delayed” the recall. Philips also faces a securities class action lawsuit—and remember the COVID-19 ventilator debacle? That too was Philips.
September 23, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit ]
Columbus, OH It took the jury only hours to come back with a resounding victory for C.R. Bard in first bellwether surgical mesh lawsuit in the Multidistrict Litigation consolidated in the Southern District of Ohio. On September 8, the jury in Johns v. C.R. Bard, et al found in the defendants’ favor on all of Steven Johns' claims against them. No damages were awarded to Johns.
September 22, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer ]
Charleston, SC A Maryland woman in August filed a PFAS lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina claiming she developed breast cancer as a result of drinking water contaminated with firefighting foam chemicals for years.
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-21)
- New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process By Anne Wallace (Aug-29-21)
- Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta By Anne Wallace (Aug-27-21)
- Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-21)
- Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-21)
- Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-21)
- Jury heard 3M Combat Arms Earplug Plaintiff Loud and Clear By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-21)
- Syngenta Sues Insurers to Mount Defense, Pay Excess Claims By Anne Wallace (Jun-30-21)
- J&J Talc Plaintiffs: It Pays to Persevere By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-21)
- Air Force Veteran Files Kidney Cancer Lawsuit Citing Firefighting Foam By Anne Wallace (Jun-22-21)
- Goodbye to Glyphosate? By Anne Wallace (Jun-18-21)
- 3M Earplugs Bellwether Trial: So far a Draw By Jane Mundy (Jun-10-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- California Lawsuit: Paraquat Caused Parkinson’s disease By Anne Wallace (May-25-21)
- National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- City of LaCrosse sues 3M Company over PFAS Water Contamination By Anne Wallace (Mar-30-21)
- Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-21)
- Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-21)
- NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-21)
- Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Firefighting Foam $17.5M Settlement a “Huge Milestone” By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-21)
- Forever Waiting for EPA’s Limits on PFAS “Forever Chemicals” By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-21)
- “Do I Have a Firefighting Foam or Contaminated Water Lawsuit?” PFAS Contamination Lawyer Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-20)
- PFAS Contamination In Japan Linked to U.S. Military Firefighting Foam By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Hearing Examinations to Begin in 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplugs Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Nov-19-20)
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-20)
- Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-10-20)
- PFAS & PFOA Water Contamination and Firefighter Lawsuits on the Rise By Jane Mundy (Nov-6-20)
- California Jury Decision in Zoom Asbestos Trial Admirable By Jane Mundy (Nov-3-20)
- Lead Attorney for 3M Earplug Plaintiffs is Proceeding to Trial By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-20)
- Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation By Jane Mundy (Oct-12-20)
- More Firefighters File PFAS/PFOA lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)