LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
Thinx, Inc. to Settle PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit
March 20, 2023. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Thinx, Inc. to Settle PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit ]
New York, NY In late January, Thinx, Inc. announced that it had reached a $5 million settlement agreement to end Dickens v. Thinx, Inc., a class action perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) lawsuit. Thinx will provide up to $5 million to reimburse consumers who bought the company’s signature period underwear between November 12, 2016 and November 28, 2022. To put this in perspective, reimbursements are limited to $7.00 per pair (up to 3 pairs) for consumers who still have receipts and $3.50 per pair (same limit) for those who do not. The initial purchase price of these undies runs up to $35.00 per pair.
Judge Irate Over 3M Earplugs Litigation
January 23, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Judge Irate Over 3M Earplugs Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA 3M’s move to shift liability for military earplug injury lawsuits by placing its Aearo Technologies subsidiary into bankruptcy seems to have backfired. A federal judge has described the move as “bad faith tactics” and an “abuse of the litigation process”.
Another Philips CPAP Cancer Lawsuit
January 18, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Philips CPAP Cancer Lawsuit ]
New York, NY Another CPAP lawsuit has been filed against Philips, this time by a New York man suffering from mouth and tongue cancer and other injuries. This latest lawsuit joins hundreds of other former users of Philips CPAP devices diagnosed with cancer as part of an MDL in the Western District of Pennsylvania.
3M Promises to end PFAS Toxic Chemical Production by 2025
January 11, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Promises to end PFAS Toxic Chemical Production by 2025 ]
Santa Clara, CA 3M Company, which manufactures toxic per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) products, has promised to end production of ‘forever chemicals” by 2025. Critics say 3M’s move is related to its more than 3,000 firefighter foam cancer lawsuits, and attorneys anticipate more product liability complaints. Will the company make good its commitment? Will it stop making Scotchgard products?
Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit: Attorney Weighs In
January 3, 2023. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit: Attorney Weighs In ]
Houston, TX Gabriel Assaad has filed lawsuits against 3M and Arizant Healthcare (3M acquired Arizant in 2010) on behalf of patients who developed periprosthetic joint infections (PJI) after undergoing joint replacement surgery where a Bair Hugger warming blanket was used. If you had a knee or hip replacement surgery, suffered an infection and required additional surgery on your implant, you may be entitled to compensation.
Asbestos Mesothelioma Victims Stymied by Bestwall LLC Bankruptcy
December 27, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Victims Stymied by Bestwall LLC Bankruptcy ]
Richmond, VA On December 6, asbestos mesothelioma claimants asked a Fourth Circuit panel for permission to pursue their claims against Georgia-Pacific, the corporate parent of Bestwall LLC, which has filed for Chapter11 bankruptcy protection. The fundamental question in Bestwall LLC et al. v. Official Committee of Asbestos Claimants is whether the complicated corporate restructuring that preceded Bestwall’s bankruptcy was done in good faith, or whether it was a ruse designed to shield corporate assets from the claims of workers who were sickened by their exposure to asbestos. There is nearly 100 years of history behind this.
California Files PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit against 3M Company
December 26, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ California Files PFAS/PFOA Lawsuit against 3M Company ]
Alameda, CA On November 10, the state of California filed a perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) lawsuit in California Superior Court against 3M Co. and more than a dozen other defendants involved in the manufacture and distribution of these toxic “forever chemicals.” California v. 3M Company alleges that these substances, which have been widely used in the manufacture of products from firefighting foam to dental floss, have contaminated soil and water supplies and are now found in the bloodstreams of 98 percent of California’s 39 million people. Even at low concentrations, they have been linked to cancer and a variety of other health problems.
CPAP Recall Gone Wrong Nearing Settlement with Philips and Justice Department
December 14, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Recall Gone Wrong Nearing Settlement with Philips and Justice Department ]
Santa Clara, CA More than a year after Philips Respironics announced its CPAP recall, which led to the U.S. Justice Department investigating possible criminal violations, The New York Times reported that Philips and government attorneys are negotiating a settlement, which would include Philips to implement a plan that would prevent another product failure and recall gone wrong.
Veterans Want Stay Lifted on 3M Earplug Hearing Loss Lawsuits
December 9, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Veterans Want Stay Lifted on 3M Earplug Hearing Loss Lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA A group of veterans have filed a motion to allow hearing loss lawsuits to move forward. They want the stay on all 3M earplug lawsuits lifted, arguing that 3M is responsible for design flaws because they used the company’s earplugs after it acquired Aearo Technologies – which initially developed the Combat Arms Earplugs version 2 (CAEv2) -- in 2008, and before 3M placed its Aearo subsidiary into bankruptcy.
North Carolina Sues 3M Co. for PFAS/PFOA Environmental Damage
December 5, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ North Carolina Sues 3M Co. for PFAS/PFOA Environmental Damage ]
Wilmington, NC On November 4, 2022 North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein filed four separate per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) state court lawsuits in Mecklenburg, Wayne and Stanly Counties. This is in addition to federal Camp LeJeune toxic tort lawsuits that have been consolidated in the Eastern District North Carolina.
- 3M Earplug Injury Verdict of $50M Firm By Jane Mundy (Nov-28-22)
- Department of Defense to Stop Using PFAS-Based Firefighting Foam in 2024 By Anne Wallace (Nov-14-22)
- CDC: Preemies and Low Birth Weight Babies Have No Access to Breast Milk at 13 Percent of Neonatal Intensive C By Anne Wallace (Oct-11-22)
- PFAS Water Contamination Lawsuits Update By Jane Mundy (Oct-5-22)
- Last-Ditch Effort for 3M Bair Hugger Appeal By Jane Mundy (Oct-4-22)
- Two More Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Recalls By Jane Mundy (Sep-9-22)
- Lawsuit: Philips Knew CPAP Sleep Machines Link to Cancer By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-22)
- Abbott Formula and ‘Absurd’ Loophole By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-22)
- Toxic Herbicide Paraquat Lawsuit Claims and Risk of Parkinson’s Disease By LAS Staff Writer (Jul-15-22)
- Abbott Laboratories Investigated by FDA who is Investigated by Lawmakers By Jane Mundy (Jun-9-22)
- Bacteria one main reason for Baby Formula Shortage By Jane Mundy (May-30-22)
- Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? By Jane Mundy (May-27-22)
- Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims By Jane Mundy (May-17-22)
- Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-22)
- Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-22)
- Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-22)
- Investors Balk at Bayer with Roundup and Monsanto Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-22)
- Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott for Failure to Warn About Baby Formula Risks By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-22)
- Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-22)
- Another NEC Similac Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-22)
- Bayer Done with Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-22)
- CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-22)
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips By Jane Mundy (Nov-26-21)
- FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-21)
- Navy Veteran Claims PFAS Firefighting Foam Caused Testicular Cancer By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-21)
- Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-21)
- Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-21)
- Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-23-21)
- PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-21)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-21)
- New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process By Anne Wallace (Aug-29-21)
- Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta By Anne Wallace (Aug-27-21)
- Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-21)