LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 14, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Department of Defense to Stop Using PFAS-Based Firefighting Foam in 2024 ]
Washington, DC Perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS/PFOA) foams have been a staple of military and civilian firefighting operations for sixty years. But their usefulness in fighting liquid fuel fires comes at a steep price for the planet and human health.
CDC: Preemies and Low Birth Weight Babies Have No Access to Breast Milk at 13 Percent of Neonatal Intensive C
October 11, 2022. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ CDC: Preemies and Low Birth Weight Babies Have No Access to Breast Milk at 13 Percent of Neonatal Intensive C ]
Atlanta, GA The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that very low birth weight and premature babies have no access to human donor milk at 13 percent of neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) in the U.S. Breast milk decreases the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis, a serious illness resulting from inflammation and death of intestinal tissue that occurs most often in premature infants.
October 5, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Water Contamination Lawsuits Update ]
Santa Clara, CA PFAS water contamination lawsuits will go to the first bellwether trial over toxic chemicals in firefighting foam in March 2023 and the latest aqueous film-forming foam (AFFF) complaint was filed last month in the Supreme Court of the State of New York.
October 4, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Last-Ditch Effort for 3M Bair Hugger Appeal ]
Santa Clara, CA 3M has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to grant a review of the U.S. appeals court decision to reinstate close to 6,000 Bair Hugger lawsuits claiming the warming blanket used in surgery results in knee and hip infections. In August 2021, the US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit revived the lawsuits.
September 9, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Two More Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Recalls ]
Santa Clara, CA On the heels of its massive sleep apnea machine recall, Philips announced yet another recall but this time it involves a plastic component that can release cancer-causing chemicals into the user’s airway. Incredibly, a third and separate recall was announced on September 6, involving masks worn with the sleep machines.
July 28, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lawsuit: Philips Knew CPAP Sleep Machines Link to Cancer ]
Santa Clara, CA Philips has been slammed with another Dreamstation lawsuit, alleging the company knew its sleep machines could cause cancers and other injuries years before the world-wide recall.
July 25, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abbott Formula and ‘Absurd’ Loophole ]
Chicago, ILIn an attempt to keep Similac baby formula lawsuits in federal rather than state court, Abbott tried to use a legal loophole known as “snap removal”, but a federal judge rejected it as “absurd” and kicked the four lawsuits back to state court. The plaintiffs claim that Abbott’s Similac PM 60/40 formula caused a deadly illness in premature infants.
July 15, 2022. By LAS Staff Writer.
Paraquat is a commercial herbicide widely used in the United States. Farmers have had access to it since 1962, and it is known as "gramoxone" in the country. It is used to control and kill weeds in cotton, potato, sugarcane, soybean, and vegetable varieties. This herbicide contains extremely toxic properties, which can be fatal to humans if consumed directly. Paraquat is also used as a post-harvest drying agent.Read [ Toxic Herbicide Paraquat Lawsuit Claims and Risk of Parkinson’s Disease ]
June 9, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abbott Laboratories Investigated by FDA who is Investigated by Lawmakers ]
Sturgis, MI The FDA began to investigate the Abbott baby formula plant on February 17th, almost two weeks after Stephen’s son died, allegedly from exposure to Cronobacter sakazakii – a bacteria found at Abbott Laboratories Inc.'s facility in Sturgis, Michigan.
May 30, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bacteria one main reason for Baby Formula Shortage ]
Sturgis, MI The Abbott plant, which had produced one-fourth of the nation’s infant formula, was shut down in February after “egregiously unsanitary” conditions were discovered at its Michigan plant – conditions that included bacteria inhabiting key production equipment.
- Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? By Jane Mundy (May-27-22)
- Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims By Jane Mundy (May-17-22)
- Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-22)
- Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-22)
- Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant By Jane Mundy (Apr-1-22)
- Investors Balk at Bayer with Roundup and Monsanto Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-22)
- Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott for Failure to Warn About Baby Formula Risks By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-22)
- Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-22)
- Another NEC Similac Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-22)
- Bayer Done with Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-22)
- CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-22)
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips By Jane Mundy (Nov-26-21)
- FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-21)
- Navy Veteran Claims PFAS Firefighting Foam Caused Testicular Cancer By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-21)
- Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-21)
- Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-21)
- Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-23-21)
- PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-21)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-21)
- New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process By Anne Wallace (Aug-29-21)
- Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta By Anne Wallace (Aug-27-21)
- Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-21)
- Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-21)
- Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-21)
- Jury heard 3M Combat Arms Earplug Plaintiff Loud and Clear By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-21)
- Syngenta Sues Insurers to Mount Defense, Pay Excess Claims By Anne Wallace (Jun-30-21)
- J&J Talc Plaintiffs: It Pays to Persevere By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-21)
- Air Force Veteran Files Kidney Cancer Lawsuit Citing Firefighting Foam By Anne Wallace (Jun-22-21)
- Goodbye to Glyphosate? By Anne Wallace (Jun-18-21)
- 3M Earplugs Bellwether Trial: So far a Draw By Jane Mundy (Jun-10-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- California Lawsuit: Paraquat Caused Parkinson’s disease By Anne Wallace (May-25-21)
- National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-21)