LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? ]
Newark, NJ A proposed class action filed in a New Jersey federal court accuses Dutch manufacturer Royal Philips of knowing for months that its CPAP sleep machines posed a serious health hazard but “unreasonably delayed” the recall. Philips also faces a securities class action lawsuit—and remember the COVID-19 ventilator debacle? That too was Philips.
September 23, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit ]
Columbus, OH It took the jury only hours to come back with a resounding victory for C.R. Bard in first bellwether surgical mesh lawsuit in the Multidistrict Litigation consolidated in the Southern District of Ohio. On September 8, the jury in Johns v. C.R. Bard, et al found in the defendants’ favor on all of Steven Johns' claims against them. No damages were awarded to Johns.
September 22, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer ]
Charleston, SC A Maryland woman in August filed a PFAS lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina claiming she developed breast cancer as a result of drinking water contaminated with firefighting foam chemicals for years.
September 13, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips ]
St Louis, MO Philips CPAP sleep machine recall has caused a rude awakening for thousands of users who rely on the sleep machine to get them through the night – alive. Meanwhile, the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation will discuss next month the future of sleep machine lawsuits throughout the federal court system.
September 1, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? ]
Santa Clara, CA Philips “regretfully” told its investors of a foam problem with certain sleep and respiratory care products, including DreamStation CPAP Machines, but consumers weren’t told of the serious problem until the recall—issued 49 days after investors knew. Consequently, CPAP sleep machine lawsuits alleging failure to warn are mounting.
August 30, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Columbus, OH More than 8,000 hernia mesh patients and their attorneys who filed Ethicon physiomesh complaints are likely watching closely C.R. Bard’s first bellwether trial, which is expected to last five weeks and two days.
August 29, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process ]
San Francisco, CAThe Northern District of California has ordered current and future plaintiffs in the Monsanto glyphosate multidistrict litigation (MDL) who have not already reached a settlement with Monsanto to participate in a program that has been overseen by Special Master Ken Feinberg since 2019. The Order has apparently prompted Bayer AG, Monsanto’s corporate parent, to increase the settlement reserve fund by $4.5 billion.
August 27, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta ]
Shreveport, LA In a toxic tort lawsuit filed in the Western District of Louisiana, Michael Hensgens alleges that low-level exposure to Paraquat over the years he worked as a Paraquat distributor caused his Parkinson’s disease. Hensgens v. Syngenta will likely be consolidated for pretrial motions with the growing body of Paraquat litigation in the Southern District of Illinois.
August 26, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) ]
Augusta, ME Maine is the first state to ban polyfluoroalkyl substances – toxic chemicals that are used in firefighting foam and many other products. PFAS, also known as ‘forever chemicals’, has been linked to water contamination, which has led to many serious health issues and PFAS lawsuits nationwide.
July 28, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? ]
Washington, DC The U.S. Government Accountability Office recently reported that the price tag to clean up per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from nearly 700 military bases nationwide will probably exceed -- and cost taxpayers-- $2.1 billion. According to the Department of Defense (DOD) that price is up from $1.1 billion last year.
- Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-21)
- Jury heard 3M Combat Arms Earplug Plaintiff Loud and Clear By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-21)
- Syngenta Sues Insurers to Mount Defense, Pay Excess Claims By Anne Wallace (Jun-30-21)
- J&J Talc Plaintiffs: It Pays to Persevere By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-21)
- Air Force Veteran Files Kidney Cancer Lawsuit Citing Firefighting Foam By Anne Wallace (Jun-22-21)
- Goodbye to Glyphosate? By Anne Wallace (Jun-18-21)
- 3M Earplugs Bellwether Trial: So far a Draw By Jane Mundy (Jun-10-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- California Lawsuit: Paraquat Caused Parkinson’s disease By Anne Wallace (May-25-21)
- National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- City of LaCrosse sues 3M Company over PFAS Water Contamination By Anne Wallace (Mar-30-21)
- Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-21)
- Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-21)
- NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-21)
- Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Firefighting Foam $17.5M Settlement a “Huge Milestone” By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-21)
- Forever Waiting for EPA’s Limits on PFAS “Forever Chemicals” By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-21)
- “Do I Have a Firefighting Foam or Contaminated Water Lawsuit?” PFAS Contamination Lawyer Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-21)
- “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-20)
- PFAS Contamination In Japan Linked to U.S. Military Firefighting Foam By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-20)
- Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-20)
- Hearing Examinations to Begin in 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplugs Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Nov-19-20)
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-20)
- Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-10-20)
- PFAS & PFOA Water Contamination and Firefighter Lawsuits on the Rise By Jane Mundy (Nov-6-20)
- California Jury Decision in Zoom Asbestos Trial Admirable By Jane Mundy (Nov-3-20)
- Lead Attorney for 3M Earplug Plaintiffs is Proceeding to Trial By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-20)
- Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation By Jane Mundy (Oct-12-20)
- More Firefighters File PFAS/PFOA lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)
- Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-20)
- 3M Cannot Use “Government Contractor Defense” as Earplugs Lawsuit Continues By Jane Mundy (Sep-18-20)
- FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths By Anne Wallace (Sep-15-20)
- Black Farmers Hit Monsanto with “No More Roundup” Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)