LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 25, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? ]
Santa Clara, CA Coronavirus and e-cigarette use have one thing in common: they harm the lungs. And as of March 2020, hundreds of Juul e-cigarette lawsuits have been combined in a California federal court, with many more complaints expected.
March 23, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders ]
Whippany, NJ Bayer, one of the largest and most high-profile public companies in the world, started negotiations last year with plaintiffs’ lawyers to settle tens of thousands of lawsuits involving Roundup. Now it’s been slammed with a shareholder derivative lawsuit.
March 20, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase ]
West Palm Beach, FL Zantac cancer lawsuits will be consolidated in multidistrict litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. At the time of its formation on February 6, the MDL included 15 cases. An additional 126 cases were pending in 21 districts nationwide, and more plaintiffs are expected to join. The consolidated lawsuit will include cancer injury claims and consumer class actions against defendants who manufactured, sold or distributed Zantac and other ranitidine medications.
March 11, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up ]
Santa Clara, CA Many veterans wrongly believe they cannot file a lawsuit against 3M after the company reached a $9.1 million settlement with the Department of Justice in July 2018 to resolve claims that it defrauded the government by knowingly selling the defective earplugs. But that $9.1 million dollars 3M paid did not go to the service members affected. 3M earplug lawsuits are still being filed and reviewed by attorneys and the first bellwether trials have been slated.
February 19, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ The Obstacle Course to Bayer Monsanto’s Roundup Settlements ]
Santa Clara, CA Almost 43,000 plaintiffs claiming that Bayer’s Monsanto Roundup weed killer caused their non-Hodgkin's lymphoma have been told by their attorneys that several obstacles must be overcome before reaching the finish line -- the settlement. Bayer says the Roundup settlement may total $10 billion, which makes it one of the most complex and costliest litigations—but still not close to Apple v. Samsung ($40 billion) and the BP Oil Spill ($42 billion).
February 17, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say ]
Washington, DC Effective February 6, a change in FDA policy banned sales of fruit, mint and dessert-flavored vape pods that were reportedly intended to attract teens. The effectiveness of this ban in protecting young consumers from e-cigarette health hazards remains in doubt, however. The ban does not affect menthol or tobacco-flavored pods, open-tank systems and thousands of flavored e-liquids not in pod form, including a disposable brand called Puff Bar that comes in flavors such as strawberry, cool mint and mango.
February 12, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Mounting ]
Maplewood, MN As of January 2020, approximately 1,000 defective earplug lawsuits, filed by over 2,000 U.S. veterans were transferred to the MDL court in Florida. All plaintiffs claim that 3M, the manufacturer, knew the earplugs worn by vets during combat in Iraq or Afghanistan or while training on U.S. military bases would result in hearing loss and/or tinnitus.
January 25, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Nationwide ]
Santa Clara From Minnesota to Texas to California, about 2,000 defective earplug lawsuits made by the 3M company and Aero Technologies (bought by 3M) have been filed by U.S. veterans, many of whom suffer tinnitus and permanent hearing loss. These lawsuits have been pouring in since 3M agreed in the summer of 2018 to pay U.S. military branches $9.1 million to settle government allegations that the Maplewood-based company supplied defective earplugs.
January 20, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud ]
Eugene, OR Among other e-cigarette side effects, Kewmarse Imani, who began JUULing in 2018, is now addicted to nicotine and will struggle with that addiction for life. Imani v. JUUL Labs, Inc. and Altria Group, Inc., a class action lawsuit, claims that his nicotine addiction is the result of a permanent injury to his developing brain and that he suffered a seizure because of exposure to the toxic substances in JUUL.
January 9, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA Since the FDA last September reported that minute amounts of a carcinogen called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) was detected in Zantac, along with several other heartburn medications, a number of Zantac cancer lawsuits have followed.
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-19)
- Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-19)
- Monsanto Banned from Hawaii – And How Dangerous is Methyl Parathion? By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-19)
- More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls By Jane Mundy (Nov-19-19)
- Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Has J&J Lost Its Way? By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Ramping Up By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-19)
- Americans Want Automakers to Improve Fuel Economy By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- Ford Fuel Mileage Complaints Mounting By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Gadolinium Dyeing Out? By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-19)
- Department of Justice Probe Continues as Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Heat Up By Anne Wallace (Aug-12-19)
- Veterans with Hearing Loss Chucked 3M Defective Earplugs During Deployment By Jane Mundy (Aug-6-19)
- $1.2 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Targets Ford Fuel Economy Claims By Anne Wallace (Jul-29-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- ZF-TRW Holdings and Six Automakers Slammed with Defective Airbag Class Action Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit—Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up By Jane Mundy (May-25-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)