LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
June 9, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abbott Laboratories Investigated by FDA who is Investigated by Lawmakers ]
Sturgis, MI The FDA began to investigate the Abbott baby formula plant on February 17th, almost two weeks after Stephen’s son died, allegedly from exposure to Cronobacter sakazakii – a bacteria found at Abbott Laboratories Inc.'s facility in Sturgis, Michigan.
May 30, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bacteria one main reason for Baby Formula Shortage ]
Sturgis, MI The Abbott plant, which had produced one-fourth of the nation’s infant formula, was shut down in February after “egregiously unsanitary” conditions were discovered at its Michigan plant – conditions that included bacteria inhabiting key production equipment.
May 27, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Philips CPAP Machines – More Wrongful Death Lawsuits? ]
Santa Clara, CAWith the FDA suspecting 124 deaths from recalled CPAP sleep apnea machines, more wrongful death lawsuits could be filed against Philips Respironics.
May 17, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard v. Milanesi Good News for Hernia Mesh Victims ]
Pensacola, FL Lorna P., one of many hernia mesh victims, is hopeful that she will receive compensation after hearing that the jury in the second C.R. Bard bellwether trial awarded $255,000 to a man allegedly injured by C.R. Bard’s hernia mesh.
April 29, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Two Open-Heart Surgery Outcomes Involving Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System ]
Santa Clara, CA The chances of developing an infection after cardiac surgery is slim – an estimated 1 in 5,000 patients who had heart valve surgery and even lower for other types of surgery. But that percentage is higher if a Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler was used during surgery. Rod says he hasn’t recovered from his heart surgery and Carol’s husband died from infection. Now they are pursuing a claim against Sorin, the heater-cooler device manufacturer.
April 21, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medical Device Suppliers Hit Philips Respironics with Class Action ]
Glenside, PA Philips is hit again with a class action lawsuit, but this time medical device makers join thousands of consumers who filed complaints over the defective sleep apnea machines alleged to cause cancers and respiratory injuries. Baird Respiratory Therapy, Inc., filed in March 2022 a class action lawsuit against Philips in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, seeking to represent durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers nationwide who purchased Philips’ recalled breathing machines.
April 1, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Exactech Lawsuits Claim Defective Hip Implant ]
Santa Clara, CA A product liability lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas last month claims the Exactech Novation hip implant was defectively designed, which led to early failure of the hip replacement. And this month a similar lawsuit was filed in New York claiming that Exactech knew or should have known that the polyethylene liners in its hip replacements would prematurely loosen and fail, but delayed a recall.
March 25, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Investors Balk at Bayer with Roundup and Monsanto Class Action Lawsuit ]
Santa Clara, CA A group of investors has balked at Bayer with a class action lawsuit claiming they were deceived about the link between Roundup and cancer and the Monsanto purchase that includes over 125,000 Roundup lawsuits.
March 22, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lawsuits Filed Against Abbott for Failure to Warn About Baby Formula Risks ]
Detroit, MI Several lawsuits filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois over the last few weeks claim that Abbott Laboratories, which recalled lots of Similac, Alimentum and EleCare products mid-February, claim the pharma giant failed to warn consumers about the risk of feeding the formula to their babies before purchasing and that Abbott took too long to replace the recalled formulas. Several babies in Minnesota, Ohio and Texas became ill and at least two have died.
March 8, 2022. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Stockert 3T Heater Cooler System and the FDA ]
Santa Clara, CA Since M. chimaera contamination was found during tests at Sorin’s manufacturing facility in 2014, and its 3T Heater-Cooler devices subsequently recalled, the FDA has kept close tabs on Sorin, now known as LivaNova.
- Another NEC Similac Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Mar-4-22)
- Bayer Done with Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-22)
- CPAP Sleep Machines Kidney Cancer Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-22)
- Covidien Parietex Lawsuit Claims Hernia Mesh Defective and Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-22)
- Canadian Class Action Accuses Sorin Heater-Cooler System Makers of Failure to Warn By Jane Mundy (Jan-31-22)
- Hernia Mesh Victims File Motion for Multi-District Litigation By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-22)
- Thousands more CPAP Lawsuits in Store for Philips By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-22)
- Destroy vs. Preserve Philips CPAP Sleep Machine Evidence By Jane Mundy (Dec-7-21)
- Cleaning Processes Blamed for Defective CPAP Devices – Scapegoat SoClean Files Lawsuit Against Philips By Jane Mundy (Nov-26-21)
- FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse By Anne Wallace (Nov-22-21)
- Navy Veteran Claims PFAS Firefighting Foam Caused Testicular Cancer By Jane Mundy (Oct-28-21)
- Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Oct-19-21)
- Lengthy CPAP Sleep Machine Recall —More “Fraud, Waste and Abuse” Like COVID-19 Ventilators”? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-21)
- Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Sep-23-21)
- PFAS Breast Cancer Lawsuit and PFAS Links to Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-21)
- CPAP Sleep Machine Nightmare – for both Consumers and Philips By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-21)
- Philips CPAP Sleep Machines: Investors Over Individuals? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-21)
- Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Aug-30-21)
- New Roundup MDL Claimants Must Participate in Settlement Process By Anne Wallace (Aug-29-21)
- Louisiana Paraquat Distributor files Toxic Tort Lawsuit against Syngenta By Anne Wallace (Aug-27-21)
- Maine First to Enact Ban on Polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-21)
- Taxpayer Dollars up in PFAS Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-21)
- Another Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit filed in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-21)
- Jury heard 3M Combat Arms Earplug Plaintiff Loud and Clear By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-21)
- Syngenta Sues Insurers to Mount Defense, Pay Excess Claims By Anne Wallace (Jun-30-21)
- J&J Talc Plaintiffs: It Pays to Persevere By Jane Mundy (Jun-25-21)
- Air Force Veteran Files Kidney Cancer Lawsuit Citing Firefighting Foam By Anne Wallace (Jun-22-21)
- Goodbye to Glyphosate? By Anne Wallace (Jun-18-21)
- 3M Earplugs Bellwether Trial: So far a Draw By Jane Mundy (Jun-10-21)
- Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland By Jane Mundy (May-27-21)
- California Lawsuit: Paraquat Caused Parkinson’s disease By Anne Wallace (May-25-21)
- National Black Farmers Association Joins Monsanto MDL By Anne Wallace (Apr-27-21)
- Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-21)
- City of LaCrosse sues 3M Company over PFAS Water Contamination By Anne Wallace (Mar-30-21)
- Bayer’s Roundup Settlement: A Brief History By Jane Mundy (Mar-29-21)
- Plaintiff ‘s final rebuttal witness, a USA Navy Officer, Sinks $27 Million Claim against Asbestos Company By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-21)
- NHTSA Orders Ford to Recall 3 Million Cars for Defective Airbags By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-21)
- Bayer’s $2billion deal to finalize future Monsanto Claims By Jane Mundy (Feb-22-21)
- Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-21)
- Firefighting Foam $17.5M Settlement a “Huge Milestone” By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-21)