LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 25, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Nationwide ]
Santa Clara From Minnesota to Texas to California, about 2,000 defective earplug lawsuits made by the 3M company and Aero Technologies (bought by 3M) have been filed by U.S. veterans, many of whom suffer tinnitus and permanent hearing loss. These lawsuits have been pouring in since 3M agreed in the summer of 2018 to pay U.S. military branches $9.1 million to settle government allegations that the Maplewood-based company supplied defective earplugs.
January 20, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud ]
Eugene, OR Among other e-cigarette side effects, Kewmarse Imani, who began JUULing in 2018, is now addicted to nicotine and will struggle with that addiction for life. Imani v. JUUL Labs, Inc. and Altria Group, Inc., a class action lawsuit, claims that his nicotine addiction is the result of a permanent injury to his developing brain and that he suffered a seizure because of exposure to the toxic substances in JUUL.
January 9, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA Since the FDA last September reported that minute amounts of a carcinogen called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) was detected in Zantac, along with several other heartburn medications, a number of Zantac cancer lawsuits have followed.
January 1, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? ]
San Francisco Edwin Hardeman v. Monsanto was the first federal trial and the March 2019 verdict is considered a milestone in the continuing Roundup cancer debate. Hardeman claimed his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma was caused by glyphosate in Roundup weed killer and the company knew its product was carcinogenic but deliberately misled the public.
December 20, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease ]
Santa Clara, CARecent studies are ramping up the dangers of vaping e-cigarettes. For more than five years, researchers have found that e-cigarette vaping causes physical harm, including chemical burns to lung tissue, toxic metal exposure and vitamin E oil that clogs lungs--all causing serious damage.
December 12, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? ]
Los Angeles, CA Along with cities and states nationwide hitting the electronic-cigarette manufacturer Juul with tougher restrictions, the L.A. Unified School District and other school systems have slammed the vaping giant with class action lawsuits claiming toxic vapes from e-cigarettes are health hazards and could be killing their kids.
December 6, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Maui, HI— A sign on a Maui road reads “Monsanto Evil Seed of Corporate Greed.” As for Monsanto’s advertisements such as “It Begins with a Farmer,” illustrated with healthy tillers of the soil and carrying messages such as “A Mother’s Love Begins with a Farmer,” it seems like many people in Hawaii aren’t buying into it.Read [ Monsanto Banned from Hawaii – And How Dangerous is Methyl Parathion? ]
November 19, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls ]
Santa Clara, CA As more pharmaceutical companies are hit with Zantac cancer lawsuits, they are recalling the acid reflux medication in the U.S. and Canada over complaints of a link to a probable carcinogen called called N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a chemical that has already been found in animals.
November 15, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder ]
Washington, DC For the first time ever, Johnson & Johnson recalled its baby powder (specifically single lot #22318RB, comprising 33,000 bottles) after the FDA announced trace levels of asbestos were found—purchased from an online retailer. J&J said it is working with the FDA to determine whether the product tested is authentic, counterfeit, or whether cross-contamination of the sample caused a false positive. And it also shows how the FDA lacks the ability to test consumer talc products.
November 12, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation ]
Oakland, CAThere’s a dispute during the recent Roundup hearing: Monsanto has asked a California judge to depose cancer patients’ treating physicians first, but plaintiffs’ attorney argues that will put his clients at an “extreme disadvantage”.
- Has J&J Lost Its Way? By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Ramping Up By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-19)
- Americans Want Automakers to Improve Fuel Economy By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-19)
- Ford Fuel Mileage Complaints Mounting By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-19)
- Farmers Worldwide Filed Monsanto Herbicide Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-17-19)
- J&J Presents Article in Asbestos Talc Trial Indicating Weak Link to Peritoneal Mesothelioma By Jane Mundy (Aug-15-19)
- Gadolinium Dyeing Out? By Jane Mundy (Aug-13-19)
- Department of Justice Probe Continues as Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Heat Up By Anne Wallace (Aug-12-19)
- Veterans with Hearing Loss Chucked 3M Defective Earplugs During Deployment By Jane Mundy (Aug-6-19)
- $1.2 Billion Class Action Lawsuit Targets Ford Fuel Economy Claims By Anne Wallace (Jul-29-19)
- Daubert Hearing Underway is Crucial to Johnson & Johnson Asbestos Talc Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-19)
- ZF-TRW Holdings and Six Automakers Slammed with Defective Airbag Class Action Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Investors Accuse the Company of Cover-Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuit—Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-17-19)
- Monsanto Accused of Fudging Glyphosate Evidence By Anne Wallace (Jul-17-19)
- Another Victory for J&J Talc Lawsuit Plaintiff By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-19)
- UCSD Study: Monsanto Roundup Linked to Liver Disease By Anne Wallace (Jun-27-19)
- MRI with Gadolinium – Better to be Safe than Sorry? By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Monsanto Roundup: Killer Cocktail? By Anne Wallace (Jun-12-19)
- San Diego Firefighters Exposed to Asbestos at Training Facility By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-19)
- Johnson & Johnson Resolves Hip Implant Lawsuits for $1 Billion Dollars By Jane Mundy (Jun-3-19)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma and Ovarian Cancer Victims Claim they Breathed J&J Talc Dust By Jane Mundy (May-28-19)
- Defective Earplug Lawsuits Piling Up By Jane Mundy (May-25-19)
- The FDA Pulls (Most) Vaginal Mesh Products off the Market – Now What? By Jane Mundy (May-22-19)
- Jury Awards Alberta and Alva Pilliod more than $2 Billion in Roundup Cancer Case By Anne Wallace (May-20-19)
- Monsanto Trial: Fake Evidence or Phony Expert? By Anne Wallace (May-3-19)
- Merchant Marine Asbestos Cases from 1989 Reinstated By Jane Mundy (Apr-29-19)
- “I was a Gadolinium Guinea Pig,” says Woman Diagnosed with Kidney Problems By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-19)
- Jury Awards Edwin Hardeman $80.2 Million in Roundup Cancer Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Apr-15-19)
- Company Execs Indicted for Failing to Report Flammable Dehumidifiers By Jane Mundy (Apr-11-19)
- Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested? By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-19)
- Texas 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplug Lawsuit Tells Tale of War Profiteering By Anne Wallace (Apr-2-19)
- Jury Finds Monsanto RoundUp a “Substantial Factor” in Causing Cancer By Anne Wallace (Mar-21-19)