LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned ]
Columbus, OH Having been delayed three times now, the first C.R. Bard hernia mesh lawsuit is slated for April 19, 2021. The bellwether jury trial has been centralized before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus in the Southern District of Ohio. At issue is that Bard and its subsidiary Davol knew and when they knew about their defective hernia mesh.
December 20, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Do I have an Asbestos Case”? Your Questions Answered by Asbestos and Mesothelioma Attorney ]
Birmingham, AL “People can still bring cases and pursue claims of asbestos exposure today, even though this litigation has been going on for decades,” says Gregory Cade, mesothelioma and asbestos lawyer and President of Environmental Litigation Group (“ELG”). If your claim has been denied, attorney Cade explains how you may try to qualify again.
December 15, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS Contamination In Japan Linked to U.S. Military Firefighting Foam ]
Tokyo, Japan A new book detailing how the U.S. military is responsible for PFAS contamination in Japan is timely: firefighting foam lawsuits filed by local governments and water districts and former firefighters are on the rise across the U.S. The book and PFAS lawsuits claim, as Japan does, that direct exposure to PFAS chemicals, including contaminated drinking water, causes testicular cancer, kidney cancer, pancreatic cancer and other injuries.
December 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” ]
Harrisburg, PA Kelly and John are just two of more than one million hernia repair surgeries performed yearly in the U.S., and 90 percent use surgical mesh. Recent reports indicate that one out of every three patients have suffered common mesh complications, some of which led to surgical mesh lawsuits.
November 19, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Hearing Examinations to Begin in 3M Combat Arms Defective Earplugs Lawsuits ]
Pensacola, FL On October 20, the District Court for the Northern District of Florida issued a pre-trial order setting the requirements for the medical examinations of five service members who allege that they suffered hearing loss because of the 3M defective earplugs that were standard military issue from 2003 to 2015. The Order sets out a schedule, defines the scope of permitted testing and permits a non-lawyer representative of plaintiffs’ counsel, such as a paralegal or a law firm staff person, to attend.
November 11, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays ]
Concord, MA Hernia mesh lawsuits filed against three medical device manufacturers have been delayed mainly because of the coronavirus pandemic, and bellwether trials have been delayed a few times already. Nearly 15,000 hernia mesh claims pending in the federal court system have been consolidated in three multi-district litigations (MDLs).
November 10, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer to Cough Up Higher Settlement Price to Cover Future Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer needs to cough up more cash to settle Monsanto Roundup current and future lawsuits. While its current legal bill covers most of the Roundup claims, future Roundup cancer lawsuits have not yet been settled.
November 6, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ PFAS & PFOA Water Contamination and Firefighter Lawsuits on the Rise ]
Santa Clara, CA Townships and municipalities nationwide are filing environmental lawsuits against manufacturers such as Raytheon Technologies, Chemours, DuPont and 3M Co. for adding PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances) into the water supply. These chemicals are allegedly toxic and have been linked to certain cancers. As well, former firefighters continue to file lawsuits against makers of AFFF firefighting foams, alleging a link to cancer.
November 3, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ California Jury Decision in Zoom Asbestos Trial Admirable ]
Santa Clara, CA Despite Metalclad Insulation LLC arguing that COVID-19 restrictions and juror irregularities unfairly impacted an asbestos lawsuit claiming the manufacturer was liable for negligently failing to recall or warn about the risks of using insulation containing asbestos, a California jury awarded the plaintiffs, a Navy admiral and his wife, over $2.5 million.
October 21, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lead Attorney for 3M Earplug Plaintiffs is Proceeding to Trial ]
Pensacola, FL Attorney Bryan Aylstock and his law firm is representing over 10,000 current and former U.S. military service members who have suffered hearing loss and tinnitus allegedly caused by 3M defective military earplugs. “We hold 3M accountable for what they did to our military brothers and sisters and what they did not tell them,” says Aylstock.
- Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation By Jane Mundy (Oct-12-20)
- More Firefighters File PFAS/PFOA lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-20)
- Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL By Anne Wallace (Oct-1-20)
- Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-20)
- ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM By Anne Wallace (Sep-25-20)
- 3M Cannot Use “Government Contractor Defense” as Earplugs Lawsuit Continues By Jane Mundy (Sep-18-20)
- FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths By Anne Wallace (Sep-15-20)
- Black Farmers Hit Monsanto with “No More Roundup” Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-20)
- New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper By Anne Wallace (Aug-19-20)
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-20)
- Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-20)
- Tobacco Industry’s Back in Business with E-Cigarettes By Jane Mundy (Jun-22-20)
- The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-20)
- Former Canadian Health Minister on Juul Board while Current Minister Opposes Vaping By Jane Mundy (Jun-4-20)
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus By Jane Mundy (May-27-20)
- Zantac Associated with Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-20-20)
- Tell teens that Now is the Time to Quit E-Cigarettes and Vaping By Jane Mundy (May-18-20)
- Hundreds of Documents Unsealed in 3M Defective Earplug Litigation By Jane Mundy (May-7-20)
- E-Cig and Vape Companies Cashing in on COVID-19 By Jane Mundy (Apr-20-20)
- FDA Finally Pulls Zantac By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-20)
- Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-20)
- Government Preemption Doesn’t Apply to 3M Earplugs By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-20)
- Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-20)
- Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-20)
- Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up By Jane Mundy (Mar-11-20)
- The Obstacle Course to Bayer Monsanto’s Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-20)
- E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say By Anne Wallace (Feb-17-20)
- 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Mounting By Jane Mundy (Feb-12-20)
- More 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Nationwide By Jane Mundy (Jan-25-20)
- E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud By Anne Wallace (Jan-20-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-19)
- Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-19)
- Monsanto Banned from Hawaii – And How Dangerous is Methyl Parathion? By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-19)
- More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls By Jane Mundy (Nov-19-19)
- Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-19)