LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Defective Products Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 21, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Lead Attorney for 3M Earplug Plaintiffs is Proceeding to Trial ]
Pensacola, FL Attorney Bryan Aylstock and his law firm is representing over 10,000 current and former U.S. military service members who have suffered hearing loss and tinnitus allegedly caused by 3M defective military earplugs. “We hold 3M accountable for what they did to our military brothers and sisters and what they did not tell them,” says Aylstock.
October 12, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer’s Bumps over Mosanto’s Roundup Litigation ]
Santa Clara, CA Bayer stated on its website in June 2020 that it will make a total payment of $10.1 billion to $10.9 billion to resolve current and address potential future Roundup Litigation. The $10.1 billion figure will settle about 75 percent of Monsanto’s Roundup lawsuits by an estimated 125,000 people who claim exposure to its weed killer and other glyphosate herbicides caused them to develop the form of cancer called non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
October 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ More Firefighters File PFAS/PFOA lawsuits ]
Santa Clara, CA A former volunteer firefighter diagnosed with testicular cancer has filed a PFAS/PFOA lawsuit similar to many other firefighters nationwide. They allege a number of firefighting foam manufacturers did not warn firefighters that their fluorochemical products contained PFAS and/or PFPS, which are toxic and carcinogenic chemicals.
October 1, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Textured Breast Implants from Six More Manufacturers Linked to BIA-ALCL ]
Washington, DC A recently published study links breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) to implants manufactured by seven pharmaceutical companies. In addition to Allergan, the manufacturer of Biocell textured breast implants, the study names Mentor Worldwide, a unit of Johnson & Johnson, Silimed Polyurethane, Eurosilicone, Nagor, Orion, and Poly Implant Prothèse. Allergan faces at least 150 product liability and class action lawsuits. Mentor faces a smaller number, and none of the others are yet facing litigation.
September 28, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Paragard Problem with Breaking Leads to More Lawsuits ]
New York, NY Five more women have recently filed lawsuits against Cooper Surgical and Teva Pharmaceuticals claiming its ParaGard IUD broke while being removed. The ParaGard website warns consumers that its device sometimes gets stuck in the uterus, requiring surgical removal, but does not include a problem with it breaking apart.
September 25, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ ETHICON SURGICAL STAPLERS RECALLED AFTER REPORTS OF SERIOUS MEDICAL HARM ]
Somerville, NJ In mid-October 2019, the FDA recalled Ethicon Echelon Flex surgical staplers because of a dangerous manufacturing failure that could cause serious health damage or even death. This followed, by only a few months, a recall of Ethicon Endo-Surgery curved intraluminal staplers, a defective medical product that posed similar dangers to patients.
September 18, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ 3M Cannot Use “Government Contractor Defense” as Earplugs Lawsuit Continues ]
Pensacola, FL A federal judge ruled in July that 3M ‘s defective earplug excuse cannot invoke the “government contractor defense,” which was key to 3M. The company has used this reasoning because it protects contractors from tort liability for defects in products designed and developed for the federal government, and 3M claimed its combat arms earplugs were designed in close collaboration with the military. Now that 3M is no longer immune to this defense, bellweather discovery is underway.
September 15, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ FDA Update on BIA-ALCL Finds More Cases, More Deaths ]
Silver Spring, MD On August 20, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration provided an update on adverse events relating to breast implants, including breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma. The new FDA update on BIA-ALCL reports a total of 733 cases and 36 patient deaths globally, an increase of 160 new cases and 3 deaths since July 2019. Of those 733 cases, 84.6 percent involved Allergan implants.
September 4, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Black Farmers Hit Monsanto with “No More Roundup” Lawsuit ]
St Louis, MO In an attempt to stop the sale of the weedkiller Roundup, a federal civil rights lawsuit was filed last month on behalf of the National Black Farmers Association against Bayer (which bought Monsanto). Farmers argue that they are forced to buy more and more Roundup-resistant seeds every year and the only way to break the cycle is to remove Roundup from the market.
August 19, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ New Zantac Lawsuit: Poison Pills Killed Carl Glasper ]
Wilmington, DE On July 21, Hiheshia Bell, the widow of Carl Glasper, filed a Zantac cancer lawsuit in Delaware Superior Court alleging that Zantac killed her husband. The lawsuit, which has since been removed to federal district court for the District of Delaware, delves deeply into the scientific evidence that Zantac was toxic.
- New Lawsuits Describe Serious Paragard IUD Complications By Anne Wallace (Aug-14-20)
- Deadly Secrets – Did Allergan Hide Breast Implant Side Effects? By Anne Wallace (Aug-3-20)
- Victory for Women with Ovarian Cancer linked to Johnson & Johnson’s Talc in Missouri Court of Appeals By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-20)
- Mosanto and Regulators vs. Consumers By Jane Mundy (Jul-3-20)
- Tobacco Industry’s Back in Business with E-Cigarettes By Jane Mundy (Jun-22-20)
- The Environmental Protection Agency no longer Protecting Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-20)
- Former Canadian Health Minister on Juul Board while Current Minister Opposes Vaping By Jane Mundy (Jun-4-20)
- Monsanto Roundup Cancer Appeal, Bayer Blames Coronavirus By Jane Mundy (May-27-20)
- Zantac Associated with Breast Cancer By Jane Mundy (May-20-20)
- Tell teens that Now is the Time to Quit E-Cigarettes and Vaping By Jane Mundy (May-18-20)
- Hundreds of Documents Unsealed in 3M Defective Earplug Litigation By Jane Mundy (May-7-20)
- E-Cig and Vape Companies Cashing in on COVID-19 By Jane Mundy (Apr-20-20)
- FDA Finally Pulls Zantac By Jane Mundy (Apr-17-20)
- Bayer Settles Roundup Advertising Class Action Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-14-20)
- Government Preemption Doesn’t Apply to 3M Earplugs By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-20)
- Can Coronavirus and Lawsuits Vaporize E-cigarettes? By Jane Mundy (Mar-25-20)
- Bayer’s Monsanto Purchase Sews Seeds of Discontent Amongst Shareholders By Jane Mundy (Mar-23-20)
- Zantac Cancer Lawsuits Move to MDL Phase By Anne Wallace (Mar-20-20)
- Veterans Can Still File 3M Earplug Lawsuits and Bellwether Trial Coming Up By Jane Mundy (Mar-11-20)
- The Obstacle Course to Bayer Monsanto’s Roundup Settlements By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-20)
- E-Cigarette Toxic Vape Ban Less Than Meets the Eye, Critics Say By Anne Wallace (Feb-17-20)
- 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Mounting By Jane Mundy (Feb-12-20)
- More 3M Earplug Lawsuits Filed by Veterans Nationwide By Jane Mundy (Jan-25-20)
- E-Cigarette Lawsuit Claims Deceptive Advertising, Fraud By Anne Wallace (Jan-20-20)
- More Ranitidine Cancer Concerns Lead to Zantac Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-20)
- Does Monsanto (Bayer) Have a Silver Bullet? By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-20)
- Latest Studies Link E-Cigarette Vaping to Heavy Metal Lung Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-19)
- Will Juul Go Up in Smoke? By Jane Mundy (Dec-12-19)
- Monsanto Banned from Hawaii – And How Dangerous is Methyl Parathion? By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-19)
- More Zantac Cancer Lawsuits and Recalls By Jane Mundy (Nov-19-19)
- Asbestos Re-Surfaces in J&J Talcum Powder By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-19)
- Bayer “Not Playing Nice in the Sandbox” of Monsanto Litigation By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-19)
- Has J&J Lost Its Way? By Jane Mundy (Oct-25-19)
- Does Bayer Regret Buying Monsanto? By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-19)
- J&J Wins a Few Asbestos Talc Trials--and Loses More By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-19)
- Johnson and Johnson Asbestos Talc Trials Not About Attorneys By Jane Mundy (Sep-26-19)
- Ford Fuel Economy Lawsuits Ramping Up By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-19)
- Another Lawsuit Fired at 3M combat earplug maker. By Jane Mundy (Sep-16-19)
- Health Canada in Gadolinium Denial By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-19)
- Americans Want Automakers to Improve Fuel Economy By Jane Mundy (Sep-10-19)