LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
September 2, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ “Now is not the time to tinker with Injectafer labeling,” says Attorney ]
West Palm Beach, FL Injectafer, an intravenous iron replacement drug, has recently caught the attention of researchers and the medical community, and in their wake, the legal community. Increasingly, researchers found that the benefits of Injectafer can be outweighed by the serious side effect of severely low phosphorus levels known as hypophosphatemia (HPP). Attorney Brenda Fulmer explains why this drug is still on the market and why patients are filing Injectafer lawsuits.
June 10, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Employment Discrimination, Disability Accommodations and Return to Work after COVID-19 Closures ]
New York, NY Vincent White, a partner at White, Hilferty and Albanese, hears stories like this frequently now:
May 1, 2020. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Employment Discrimination based on Perceived Sexual Orientation ]
New York, NY Vincent White, a partner at White, Hilferty and Albanese, spoke recently with LAS about the thorny problem of employment discrimination based on an employer’s perception (or misperception) of an employee’s sexual orientation. The hardest problem, according to White, is that the discriminatory comment or action often happens behind closed doors, with no witnesses. “It’s an elevator situation,” said White. “The doors close; the offense happens; and the doors open with no one the wiser, except the employer and a very shocked employee.”
“The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney
March 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Austin, TX: By now, most everyone following the talcum powder lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson know the company is accused of failure to warn consumers about ovarian cancer risks. What they likely don’t know is that J&J isn’t required to disclose all the ingredients in their talc recipe. Attorney Mark Mueller urges the public to demand transparency…Read [ “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney ]
March 18, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Chicago, ILOn the advice of her doctor, Barbara Kaiser had Prolift pelvic mesh implanted in 2009 to treat her pelvic organ prolapse. She then began to suffer from low pelvic pain. It was only years later that she learned that this was likely a transvaginal mesh complication. Her doctor never told her about this and he, himself, claims to have not been aware of all of the risks, including the danger of severe and irreversible injury to his patients.Read [ Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit ]
March 9, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Crosby, TX If they'd been told just how dangerous the Arkema Inc. chemical plant could become the plaintiffs would have taken more precautions, but according to the statement of claim filed in a Texas court, Arkema's failure to warn authorities and the public resulted in serious injuries to a team of first responders and nearby residents.Read [ First Responders Sue after Chemical Plant Meltdown during Hurricane Harvey ]
March 8, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
York, PA: Last month a group of women, including "Essure Problems" Facebook representatives and Madris Tomes from Device Events, met with FDA chief Scott Gottlieb in an attempt to have the Essure sterilization device withdrawn from the U.S. market. At the meeting, Tomes presented data from the FDA's own MAUDE ((Manufacturer and User Facility Device Experience) database that the FDA and their legal counsel in attendance were seemingly unaware of. One would think the FDA may be embarrassed being caught off-guard like this, to say the least.Read [ "Essure Problems" Women Bring FDA's Data to Meeting that FDA were Unaware Of ]
March 3, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: "With all these opioid lawsuits filed against big Pharma, manufacturers, distributors and pharmacy chains, we are hopeful that a treasure trove of discovery will be uncovered to help individuals," says attorney Shezad Malik. "This teacher, this fireman, so many people wouldn't have fallen into the opioid trap if these drugs weren't pushed on them by their doctor or hospital."Read [ Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits ]
Medical Billing and Hospital Overcharges - What Happened to the Hippocratic Oath of "first, do no harm"?
February 19, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Tampa, FL: Attorney Ben Stewart is seeing an increase in hospital overcharging, mostly to uninsured people. "Look carefully at your medical bills. If you have been overcharged and have either started a payment schedule or completed payment, you may be entitled to monetary damages," says Stewart.Read [ Medical Billing and Hospital Overcharges - What Happened to the Hippocratic Oath of "first, do no harm"? ]
February 13, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Southlake, TX: Some DePuy ASR hip replacement patients are having problems finding a surgeon to perform revision surgery. Besides having to deal with a defective medical device, surgeons are in a dilemma and the FDA could have done more to help patients.Read [ Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement ]
- Long Term Disability Denial Letter from Insurer is Not the End of the Road By Brenda Craig (Feb-8-18)
- Social Worker and Mother in Recovery 30 years from Opioid Prescriptions, Son Died from Overdose By Jane Mundy (Feb-2-18)
- Class Actions Get Relief for Uninsured and Overbilled Hospital Patients By Brenda Craig (Jan-25-18)
- Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-18)
- The Future of Takata Airbag Claims By Jane Mundy (Jan-8-18)
- Overdraft Fees Chewing Up Consumers By Brenda Craig (Dec-29-17)
- Not Too Late for Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-14-17)
- The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year By Brenda Craig (Dec-12-17)
- Untold Story of Opioid Epidemic: Attorney Explains Kickbacks and Billing Fraud By Anne Wallace (Nov-27-17)
- Georgia Widow Sues Hospital for Bedsores By Brenda Craig (Nov-17-17)
- Pacific Western Bank Shorted Workers OT Pay Lawsuit Alleges By Brenda Craig (Nov-16-17)
- Bedbug Victims Bite Back By Brenda Craig (Nov-11-17)
- Attorney Estimates California Wildfire Damage is in the Billions By Brenda Craig (Nov-10-17)
- Lawsuit Alleges Hormone Coated Mirena IUD Can Lead to Blindness By Brenda Craig (Nov-9-17)
- Mesothelioma Victims and Their Families Win Lawsuits against Insulation Supplier By Brenda Craig (Oct-31-17)
- Airbag Attorney Urges Everyone to Check their Vehicles—You May Be in Danger By Jane Mundy (Oct-17-17)
- East Texas County Joins Legal War Against Opioid Manufacturers By Brenda Craig (Oct-12-17)
- California Workers Get Protection from Employer Retaliation By Brenda Craig (Oct-11-17)
- Attorney Explains Difference between Definition of Disability By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-17)
- Insurers Seek Compensation from St. Jude’s Medical in Class Action Lawsuit By Brenda Craig (Sep-22-17)
- Tristar Pressure Cooker Company and Texas Couple Reach Settlement By Brenda Craig (Sep-10-17)
- New Information Shown to Jury Produced Record Talc Verdict By Brenda Craig (Aug-30-17)
- Disability Insurance is not a Slam Dunk says Lawyer By Brenda Craig (Aug-15-17)
- Cancer Patient Files Lawsuit for Delayed Diagnosis By Brenda Craig (Aug-14-17)
- Deadline Set in $300 Million Settlement in Benicar Lawsuit – Short Window! By Brenda Craig (Aug-10-17)
- Tipsters Play Huge Role in Rooting Out Financial Fraud By Brenda Craig (Aug-2-17)
- ‘Back the Blue Bill’ Will Crush Civil Rights/Wrongful Death Lawsuits By Brenda Craig (Aug-1-17)
- Hip Replacement and Cobalt Poisoning misdiagnosed as Alzheimer's By Jane Mundy (Aug-1-17)
- Healthcare Fraudsters Caught in Giant DOJ Sweep By Brenda Craig (Jul-30-17)
- Giant Catering Company in California Labor Dispute By Brenda Craig (Jul-29-17)
- Wrongful Death Suit Filed After Cops Shoot Woman with Bipolar Disorder 33 Times By Brenda Craig (Jul-28-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Attorney discusses the California Employment Lawsuit and Settlement in Augustus v ABM Security Services By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-17)
- Illinois Fights Opioid Crisis with Class Action Suit By Brenda Craig (Jul-19-17)
- You Can Fight Back Against Denied Disability Claims By Brenda Craig (Jul-11-17)
- Amazon California Labor Lawsuit: Plaintiff’s Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-9-17)
- Party Animal “Cocolicious” Dog Food Subject of Class Action By Brenda Craig (Jul-1-17)
- Hip Replacement Patient says Better Off Without By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-17)
- FDA Black Box Warning Adds Fuel to Invokana Lawsuits By Brenda Craig (Jun-24-17)
- The Best Strategy for Dealing with Proof of Disability Letters By Brenda Craig (Jun-7-17)