Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
June 5, 2007. By Anne Borden.
Read [ Asbestos Video highlights plight of U.S. Capitol Tunnel Workers ]
Washington, D.C The Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization (ADAO) has launched a powerful online video with detailed footage of asbestos dust and environmental hazards within the Capitol Hill tunnels where government crews are working.
May 30, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ AMO Lens Solution Recall: Stock Drops, Outbreak Still a Mystery ]
Santa Ana, CA Upon news Friday of the Advanced Medical Optics voluntary recall of AMO Complete MoisturePlus, stock in the company fell sharply, dropping in value by nearly 14 per cent.
May 23, 2007. By Anne Borden.
Read [ Asbestos Found in 21 University Buildings at Cal State ]
Northridge, CA Faculty and staff at California State University were shocked when an article in the university newspaper revealed that asbestos has been detected in 21 of the campus's buildings.
May 22, 2007. By Anne Borden.
Read [ Increased Risks for Motorcyclists: Are Auto Drivers to Blame? ]
Simi Valley, CA Since 1997, motorcycle rider fatalities have increased by 89 percent. And although motorcyclists are often stereotyped as reckless and fast drivers, it is most often negligent automobile drivers that are the cause of motorcycle accidents.
May 17, 2007. By Brenda Frohloff.
Read [ Slip-and-fall case: Negligence costs store owners more than $12.2 million ]
Williamsburg, VA A woman who slipped and fell while entering a corner gas and convenience store was awarded more than $12.2 million in damages for negligence by a jury in Hampton last month...her world changed forever.
May 14, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Medical Malpractice: Fear has its Price ]
Miami, FL They're only human, after all. And like us, medical practitioners can have a bad day. A sleepless night, trouble with the kids, a bitter divorce. However, when someone in the medical community has a bad day, for whatever reason, it's often the patient that pays for it, in what is sometimes a lifelong struggle. And that could mean medical malpractice.
May 14, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Railroad Injuries: What to Do When Life Goes Off the Rails ]
Cleveland, OH In spite of the overall decline of rail travel in recent times, as goods are increasingly shipped by truck, and human cargo travel by air or commute by cyberspace, the railroad continues to be one of the most dangerous industries in the nation, if recent litigated settlements are any indication.
May 14, 2007. By Nate Hendley.
Read [ Asbestos Lawsuits keep Rolling On ]
Redondo Beach, CA Ready for some more bad news about asbestos? Apparently, asbestos poisoning is starting to strike people down at an earlier age. Why this is happening is unclear.
May 6, 2007. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ World Health Organization wants Benzene Out ]
Boston, MA As part of the World Day for Safety and Health at Work, the World Health Organization called for the removal of dangerous carcinogens, including benzene, from the workplace. The agency reported that at least 200,000 people die every year from work-related cancers, including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and bladder cancers- the most common types of occupational cancer.
May 2, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Asbestos: It may be Lurking inside of You ]
Washington, DC Watch what happens whenever asbestos is discovered inside a building: people scatter, the building is closed down, and workers swarm over the site in full masks and heavy clothing to deal with the evil stuff.
- Appeals Court Vindicates Victims' Choice -- Decides Southwest Airlines Chicago Midway Crash Should Be Heard in State Court (May-1-07)
- American Airlines Demands Gynecological Records of Victim's Teenage Daughter By LAS Staff Writer (May-1-07)
- Judge Approves Final Terms of Improved National Pediatric Paxil Class Action Settlement - Consumers Get a Better Deal (Apr-27-07)
- Failed New Orleans Levees Blamed On Army Corps By Heidi Turner (Mar-29-07)
- Jury Returns $18.9 Million Wrongful Death Verdict Against TXI By LAS Staff Writer (Mar-23-07)
- New Orleans Files $77 Billion Lawsuit for Failed Levees By Heidi Turner (Mar-11-07)
- Propane Leak: Leave the Building! By Heidi Turner (Jan-16-07)
- Kugel Mesh One Big Mess By Jane Mundy (Dec-14-06)
- Propane Explosions: Preparing for Extreme Weather By Heidi Turner (Dec-8-06)
- Defective Products causing Personal Injury: Get Your Medical Records Now By Jane Mundy (Dec-4-06)
- Defective Products By Design By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-06)
- Propane Explosions: Often the result of Negligence By Heidi Turner (Nov-16-06)
- Multiple Births and Infertility may Increase Risk of Cerebral Palsy By Heidi Turner (Nov-2-06)
- Propane Explosions: Often Deadly By Heidi Turner (Oct-31-06)
- Despite win in Florida Tobacco Loses Big in New York By Heidi Turner (Oct-6-06)
- Florida Tobacco Lawsuits not Finished Yet By Heidi Turner (Sep-19-06)
- Zyprexa: Another Link to Diabetes By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-06)
- More ReNu Sufferers After Recall By Jane Mundy (Sep-11-06)
- Car Accidents: A Painful Journey By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-06)
- Two international Cerebral Palsy cases Settled By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-06)
- Personal Injury: Individual or class action lawsuit? By Heidi Turner (Aug-26-06)
- Trucking Accidents becoming More Severe By Heidi Turner (Aug-25-06)
- DES Miscarriage Drug linked to more Cancer By Evelyn Pringle (Aug-20-06)
- High-speed Police Chases: Deadly Pursuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-06)
- Ortho Evra: Too much Estrogen can be a Bad Thing By Heidi Turner (Aug-9-06)
- Hold the microwave popcorn By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-06)
- TeenScreen - Prescription Drug Pusher In Schools By Evelyn Pringle (Jul-17-06)
- Two more ReNu Injuries By Jane Mundy (Jun-20-06)
- Drug Companies Still Peddling Risperdal and Zyprexa For Off-Label Use By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-17-06)
- Cases against Merck for Fosamax Jaw Bone Damage Growing By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-13-06)
- Fosamax Warning: I wish I hadn't Taken It By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-06)
- ACE Inhibitors should have been Banned for Pregnant Women By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-10-06)
- Neurontin: I Believe it Killed my Husband By Jane Mundy (Jun-8-06)
- Ortho Evra Patch: Lucky to be Alive By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-06)
- Ortho Evra Patch Maker Johnson & Johnson Waves A White Flag By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-3-06)
- Beverly Enterprises - Poster Child Of Fraud And Neglect In Nursing Home Industry By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-1-06)
- Neurontin causes attempted suicide By Jane Mundy (May-31-06)
- Attempted Suicide on Neurontin By Jane Mundy (May-30-06)
- Neurontin Caused Mother's Deterioration By Jane Mundy (May-28-06)
- Asbestos Poisoning: why weren't they told? By Jane Mundy (May-25-06)