Legal News Articles - Personal Injury
May 14, 2007. By Nate Hendley.
Read [ Asbestos Lawsuits keep Rolling On ]
Redondo Beach, CA Ready for some more bad news about asbestos? Apparently, asbestos poisoning is starting to strike people down at an earlier age. Why this is happening is unclear.
May 6, 2007. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ World Health Organization wants Benzene Out ]
Boston, MA As part of the World Day for Safety and Health at Work, the World Health Organization called for the removal of dangerous carcinogens, including benzene, from the workplace. The agency reported that at least 200,000 people die every year from work-related cancers, including lung cancer, mesothelioma, and bladder cancers- the most common types of occupational cancer.
May 2, 2007. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Asbestos: It may be Lurking inside of You ]
Washington, DC Watch what happens whenever asbestos is discovered inside a building: people scatter, the building is closed down, and workers swarm over the site in full masks and heavy clothing to deal with the evil stuff.
Appeals Court Vindicates Victims' Choice -- Decides Southwest Airlines Chicago Midway Crash Should Be Heard in State Court
May 1, 2007.
Read [ Appeals Court Vindicates Victims' Choice -- Decides Southwest Airlines Chicago Midway Crash Should Be Heard in State Court ]
Chicago, IL The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that the lead plaintiffs in the Southwest Airlines Chicago Midway crash-landing shall be heard in state court.
May 1, 2007. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ American Airlines Demands Gynecological Records of Victim's Teenage Daughter ]
New York, NY American Airlines insists that it needs to examine all gynecological records of the daughter of a woman killed on American Airlines Flight 587 who was 16 years-old at the time of her mother's death. They are seeking these records from the time the girl was 11 all the way through her present age of 21 and continuing until trial. "Even Airbus could not figure out why these records were needed, but American Airlines insisted," said Paul Hedlund the Los Angeles attorney for the family.
Judge Approves Final Terms of Improved National Pediatric Paxil Class Action Settlement - Consumers Get a Better Deal
April 27, 2007.
Read [ Judge Approves Final Terms of Improved National Pediatric Paxil Class Action Settlement - Consumers Get a Better Deal ]
Madison County, IL Madison County Associate Judge Ralph Mendelsohn today approved and amended the national pediatric Paxil class settlement which will provide more payment to people who paid for Paxil for use by a minor. The case was based on documents showing that GSK had determined that Paxil failed to out-perform placebo for depressed minors yet GSK received money for Paxil prescribed to depressed minors. Class actions were filed in several courts seeking restitution of money paid by individuals and insurance companies or governmental entities that paid for minors' Paxil.
March 29, 2007. By Heidi Turner.
New Orleans, LA: A recently released report has blamed the failure of the New Orleans levees following Hurricane Katrina on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The report says that decades of errors, including not knowing the elevation of New Orleans, allowed the situation in which the levees failed.Read [ Failed New Orleans Levees Blamed On Army Corps ]
March 23, 2007. By LAS Staff Writer.
DALLAS -- The widow of a man killed in an explosion at a TXI facility in Midlothian, Texas was awarded $18.9 million by a Dallas jury today, culminating a 3-week-long trial. The jury deliberated for almost two days before returning the unanimous verdict against Dallas-based TXI, one of the nation's largest producers of bagged cement.Read [ Jury Returns $18.9 Million Wrongful Death Verdict Against TXI ]
March 11, 2007. By Heidi Turner.
New Orleans, LA: The city of New Orleans has filed a $77 billion claim against the United States Army Corps of Engineers seeking compensation for losses incurred after failed levees resulted in flooding of the city.Read [ New Orleans Files $77 Billion Lawsuit for Failed Levees ]
January 16, 2007. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Propane Leak: Leave the Building! ]
Cincinnati, OH Further proof came last month that if you smell a propane leak in your home, you should leave immediately rather than trying to find the leak and fix it yourself.
- Kugel Mesh One Big Mess By Jane Mundy (Dec-14-06)
- Propane Explosions: Preparing for Extreme Weather By Heidi Turner (Dec-8-06)
- Defective Products causing Personal Injury: Get Your Medical Records Now By Jane Mundy (Dec-4-06)
- Defective Products By Design By Jane Mundy (Nov-29-06)
- Propane Explosions: Often the result of Negligence By Heidi Turner (Nov-16-06)
- Multiple Births and Infertility may Increase Risk of Cerebral Palsy By Heidi Turner (Nov-2-06)
- Propane Explosions: Often Deadly By Heidi Turner (Oct-31-06)
- Despite win in Florida Tobacco Loses Big in New York By Heidi Turner (Oct-6-06)
- Florida Tobacco Lawsuits not Finished Yet By Heidi Turner (Sep-19-06)
- Zyprexa: Another Link to Diabetes By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-06)
- More ReNu Sufferers After Recall By Jane Mundy (Sep-11-06)
- Car Accidents: A Painful Journey By Heidi Turner (Sep-7-06)
- Two international Cerebral Palsy cases Settled By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-06)
- Personal Injury: Individual or class action lawsuit? By Heidi Turner (Aug-26-06)
- Trucking Accidents becoming More Severe By Heidi Turner (Aug-25-06)
- DES Miscarriage Drug linked to more Cancer By Evelyn Pringle (Aug-20-06)
- High-speed Police Chases: Deadly Pursuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-06)
- Ortho Evra: Too much Estrogen can be a Bad Thing By Heidi Turner (Aug-9-06)
- Hold the microwave popcorn By Jane Mundy (Jul-27-06)
- TeenScreen - Prescription Drug Pusher In Schools By Evelyn Pringle (Jul-17-06)
- Two more ReNu Injuries By Jane Mundy (Jun-20-06)
- Drug Companies Still Peddling Risperdal and Zyprexa For Off-Label Use By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-17-06)
- Cases against Merck for Fosamax Jaw Bone Damage Growing By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-13-06)
- Fosamax Warning: I wish I hadn't Taken It By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-06)
- ACE Inhibitors should have been Banned for Pregnant Women By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-10-06)
- Neurontin: I Believe it Killed my Husband By Jane Mundy (Jun-8-06)
- Ortho Evra Patch: Lucky to be Alive By Jane Mundy (Jun-5-06)
- Ortho Evra Patch Maker Johnson & Johnson Waves A White Flag By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-3-06)
- Beverly Enterprises - Poster Child Of Fraud And Neglect In Nursing Home Industry By Evelyn Pringle (Jun-1-06)
- Neurontin causes attempted suicide By Jane Mundy (May-31-06)
- Attempted Suicide on Neurontin By Jane Mundy (May-30-06)
- Neurontin Caused Mother's Deterioration By Jane Mundy (May-28-06)
- Asbestos Poisoning: why weren't they told? By Jane Mundy (May-25-06)
- Cerebral Palsy: a mother and daughter's agony By Jane Mundy (May-18-06)
- Asbestos: the Silent Killer By Jane Mundy (May-2-06)
- Sex Crime Victim found some Relief By Jane Mundy (Apr-28-06)
- Our Home an Asbestos Hazard Site By Jane Mundy (Apr-26-06)
- Renu: Scary and Painful By Jane Mundy (Apr-25-06)
- Erb's Palsy: reports of negligence at birth By Jane Mundy (Apr-24-06)
- Cerebral Palsy could have been avoided By Jane Mundy (Apr-22-06)