LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Oklahoma Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 17, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Oklahoma City, OK: With the revelation earlier this year that yet another victim of Takata airbag injuries had died, it’s instructive to look back at the case of Ashley Parham, widely believed as the first known victim of a defective airbag in 2009.Read [ Defective Airbag Deaths and Injuries Continue ]
September 28, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: In the wake of the Opioid Epidemic now declared a national emergency, big Pharma faces a tsunami of litigation. Miami has just announced it may file a prescription opioid lawsuit against the manufacturers, adding to the long list of cities and municipalities that have declared an opioid crisis.Read [ Opioid Epidemic Lawsuits Filed Nationwide while Big Pharma Makes Big Profits ]
May 11, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Tulsa, OK:An upcoming approval hearing will determine whether BOK Financial (BOKF) will pay $7.8 million in a class action settlement with former bank customers who claim they were charged excessive overdraft fees.Read [ BOK Financial $7.8 Million Class Action Settlement Headed For Final Approval ]
April 22, 2013. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Possible Changes to Asbestos Litigation ]
Madison, WI Proposed changes to asbestos claims have some people worried the alterations will slow down the asbestos lawsuit process, delaying lawsuits until plaintiffs have died. But the lawmaker who proposed the changes says they will help clarify whom plaintiffs hold responsible for asbestos cancer claims.
March 29, 2013. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ 7000 Dental Patients at Risk for HIV and Hepatitis Infection ]
Tulsa, OK Nearly 7,000 patients who were treated at a dentist’s clinic in suburban Tulsa, may have been exposed to malpractice resulting in HIV and hepatitis, according to health investigators. A state investigation began after the health department alerted the dentistry board to a potential hepatitis C infection from Dr. W. Scott Harrington's office, located in the Tulsa suburb of Owasso.
July 18, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Medtronic Lawsuit Filed Despite Investigation Closure ]
Oklahoma City, OK Even in the wake of the closure of a federal investigation into Medtronic and, specifically, allegations of off-label marketing of its Medtronic Infuse bone graft, lawsuits continue to be filed by disgruntled plaintiffs.
June 11, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Did Actions of Highly-Paid CEO Hurt Investors Under ERISA? ]
San Diego, CA An ERISA lawsuit that alleges potential losses in an employee stock plan and potential breaches of fiduciary duty hopes to determine if the chief executive officer and directors of a major energy corporation—who enjoyed record compensation in 2008—could be guilty of wrongdoing.
February 12, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Job Injury Linked to Unsafe Working Conditions: Lawsuit ]
Kremlin, OK A job injury that has horrifically impacted the lives of two teens has resulted in lawsuits alleging unsafe working conditions and negligence. The defendant has already been fined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration for not having workmans' comp in place when the accident occurred.
January 27, 2012. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Proving Your Social Security Disability Insurance Case ]
Tulsa, OK If you are applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Social Security Insurance, you must prove that you are 100 percent unable to work, either in your past relevant work and even in less demanding work. SSDI attorney Eric B. Brown, Garrett Law Office, P.C explains that there are several ways to go about that.
January 12, 2012. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Senator Brings Calls for Review of Oklahoma Disability Claims ]
Oklahoma City, OK Senator Tom Coburn called on the head of the Social Security Administration (SSA) to review the health status of people who were represented by a legal firm that is facing scrutiny for its handling of Oklahoma disability claims, The Wall Street Journal reported.
- Advice from Denied Claimant: Get an Experienced Oklahoma SSDI Lawyer By Jane Mundy (Dec-30-11)
- Challenges: Oklahoma SSDI Claims Mirror Those Nationwide By Gordon Gibb (Dec-12-11)
- Oklahoma SSDI Statistics: Apply with an Attorney at Your Side By Jane Mundy (Nov-23-11)
- Oklahoma SSDI Lawsuit? Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Nov-12-11)
- Denied Social Security Benefits? SSDI Attorney Advises By Jane Mundy (Oct-29-11)
- Ponka City Plane Crash By Jane Mundy (Dec-5-10)
- Hearing in Oklahoma Dental Malpractice Case Postponed Again By Charles Benson (Dec-1-10)
- Cal-Maine Foods Recalls Eggs By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-10)
- California Firm Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products By Lucy Campbell (Oct-28-10)
- Wellbutrin Caused Two Suicide Attempts By Jane Mundy (Sep-22-10)
- Bike Accidents Spike Higher in Warm Weather, Children at Risk By Gordon Gibb (May-9-10)
- Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination Prompts Recall of 135,000 lbs of Beef Trim By Lucy Campbell (Apr-21-10)
- For-Profit Elder Care Hospitals Subject of Investigation By Gordon Gibb (Mar-11-10)
- Oklahoma Company Charged with Violating Overtime Laws By Charles Benson (Feb-27-10)
- The Face of the Honda Airbag Recall By Gordon Gibb (Feb-19-10)
- Hospital Infections a Growing Problem By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-10)
- National Steak and Poultry Recall By Ron Simon (Dec-25-09)
- New Study Suggests Link Between SSRI Use and Birth Defects By Heidi Turner (Sep-30-09)
- Oklahoma Plane Crash Claims Four From One Family By Gordon Gibb (Sep-10-09)
- Woman Compares Denture Cream to "Molotov Cocktail" By Heidi Turner (Aug-19-09)
- Reported Levaquin Side Effects Change Patient's Life By Heidi Turner (May-28-09)
- Fentanyl Patch either too much or not enough By Jane Mundy (Apr-28-09)
- A Charles Manson-Like Murderer Meets His End By Gordon Gibb (Oct-12-08)
- Al Gerhart of the Solid Surface Alliance discusses Granite Countertops By Heidi Turner (Sep-26-08)
- Defective Products: The Exploding Gas Can By Gordon Gibb (Sep-25-08)
- " I wanted to Drive into a Tree on Chantix" By Jane Mundy (Jul-20-08)
- Did SSRI Cause Child's Birth Defects? By Heidi Turner (Jul-14-08)
- Six Years of Avandia and Two Heart Attacks Later By Lucy Campbell (May-29-08)
- Duragesic Pain Patch: "Afraid I Was Having a Heart Attack" By Heidi Turner (Apr-17-08)
- Judge Stands Firm on Decision to Proceed with Wrongful Termination Suit Against ORU (Apr-6-08)
- Vioxx/Bextra: "They get you fixed but then they stonewall you." By Paul Halpern (Mar-27-08)
- Attorney Charles W. Shipley Speaks on Messing with Farmers and the Environment By Paul Halpern (Mar-25-08)
- Trasylol May Have Caused Wife's Kidney Failure By Heidi Turner (Mar-13-08)
- Chantix: "A Giant Mistake" By Heidi Turner (Feb-5-08)
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates: "We thought we had all the bases covered" By Paul Halpern (Dec-17-07)
- Totino's Pizza: A Slice of E. Coli By Jane Mundy (Nov-11-07)
- Kugel Mesh Recall Too Late for Some By Jane Mundy (Mar-6-07)
- ERISA Rules Violated By Heidi Turner (Sep-13-06)