LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONCriminal Law
Legal News Articles - Criminal Law
July 2, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: “We have filed a sexual abuse lawsuit on behalf of several women who were examined by Dr. George Tyndall, the former gynecologist at the University of Southern California,” says attorney Susan Owen, with the law firm of Owen, Patterson and Owen, LLP. “They were young women when they saw this sexual predator for their first gynecological exam, and they had no idea of what to expect,” says Owen. ”USC was on notice of Dr. Tyndall’s misconduct long before these women came forward, yet the University chose to do nothing.”Read [ “More and More Women Coming Forward,” says Attorney for USC Sex Abuse Plaintiffs ]
September 7, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC:: Federal investigators have revealed a massive scheme by Insys, maker of Subsys, a sprayable form of fentanyl, to mislead insurers and boost sales of the opioid. The congressional investigation is led by Sen. Claire McCaskill, a Democrat from Missouri, where deaths by opioid overdose have more than doubled between 2005 and 2014.Read [ Insys Faked Cancer Patients to Get Fentanyl Sales ]
February 23, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Orlando, FL Don’t lie to Susan Constantine because she will almost certainly call you out.Read [ Don’t Lie to Super Jury Consultant Susan Constantine ]
September 2, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Tampa, FL Gaps in training are a likely cause of death and injury at the hands of police officers in the US according to one veteran police officer and instructor in law enforcement procedures. Tom Bosley, who served as a Florida law enforcement officer for over 30 years, says when deadly shootings make the headlines one of the first questions to be asked should be about the training the officer had to deal with that situation.Read [ Failure to Train is Core of Police Shooting Problems ]
July 12, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Corpus Christi, TX: Veteran attorneys Bob Hilliard and Steve Berman were already preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of victims of the Orlando gay nightclub shootings on June 12, 2016.Read [ Lawyers Target Makers of Assault-Style Guns ]
July 11, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Corpus Christi, TX: Top attorney Bob Hilliard was clearly shaken following the deadly rifle rampage by a rooftop sniper that killed five law enforcement officers in Dallas, Texas. Ironically, Hilliard’s firm is days away from filing a lawsuit against gun manufacturers on behalf of victims of the Orlando nightclub AK-47 assault rifle shooting.Read [ Deadly Dallas Shootings Underscore Lawsuit against Gun Makers ]
July 3, 2016. By The National Trial Lawyers.
The National Trial Lawyers has created a pro bono Task Force of attorneys nationwide to help with legal issues facing families in the wake of the June 12 shootings at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.Read [ The National Trial Lawyers Forms Pro Bono Task Force for Families of Orlando Shooting Victims ]
June 21, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Helena, MT: A woman who worked as a confidential informant for the Missouri River Drug Task Force has filed a lawsuit against the City of Helena alleging professional sexual misconduct on the part of one of the city’s police officers. The unnamed plaintiff alleges that she was sexually assaulted multiple times by a police officer from May 2012 to October 2012. The lawsuit further alleges that the same police officer sexually exploited other victims as well.Read [ Lawsuit Filed against City for Officer’s Alleged Sexual Misconduct ]
June 1, 2016. By The National Trial Lawyers.
A California Court has allowed two women sexually assaulted by Uber drivers to proceed in a lawsuit against Uber, despite the company’s motion to dismiss arguing it could not be held liable for crimes committed by the drivers who they consider independent contractors.Read [ Uber Sued by Sexual Assault Victims ]
May 13, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Washington, DC: Former House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert has been sentenced to 15 months in prison for actions linked to sexual misconduct. Hastert was ordered to spend time in jail after pleading guilty to a banking violation, which occurred as he allegedly attempted to cover up allegations of sexual abuse. The former House Speaker reportedly pleaded guilty to the banking violation and admitted to sexually abusing teenage boys who were part of a wrestling team he coached from 1965 to 1981.Read [ Dennis Hastert Sentenced to 15 Months in Case Linked to Sexual Misconduct ]
- Legendary Connie Francis Unsung Hero of Crime Victims Everywhere By Brenda Craig (Dec-22-15)
- Victims of Crime Can Sue Perpetrators By Brenda Craig (Dec-20-15)
- 11th Circuit Moves Alabama Middle School Rape Bait Case Forward By The National Trial Lawyers (Sep-10-15)
- Sears May Be Liable for 1,000 Women Video Recorded by Peeping Tom By The National Trial Lawyers (Jul-9-15)
- Circuit Court Rules No Warrant Needed For Police to Get Cell Records By The National Trial Lawyers (May-29-15)
- $4.5 Million Premises Liability Verdict Against Landlord in Double Murder By The National Trial Lawyers (Mar-29-15)
- A Tough Title IX Fight in Alabama for BHJ By Brenda Craig (Feb-23-15)
- The Case of Ms. Jane Doe and Title IX By Brenda Craig (Feb-19-15)
- Lawsuits and Consumer Reporters Fight Home Warranty Companies By Heidi Turner (Jul-24-14)
- SuperStorm Sandy Home Repair and Car Scams By Lucy Campbell (Nov-7-12)
- Superstorm Sandy Spawns Superstorm Charity Scams By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-12)
- LawyersandSettlements Helps Plaintiff Win Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Oct-24-12)
- Care Center Abuse: Sandusky Case Highlights Role of Officials By Heidi Turner (Jul-9-12)
- Sears Peeping Tom Suspect Said to Have Used Up to 60 Cameras By Gordon Gibb (May-27-12)
- Sears Peeping Tom Case Could Impact Thousands By Gordon Gibb (May-7-12)
- Peeping Tom Employee Arrested at North Hollywood Sears By Lucy Campbell (Apr-20-12)
- Los Angeles Defense Attorney for Michael Jackson's Doctor Ready for Trial By Charles Benson (Jan-30-11)
- Man Sentenced to 17 Years for Raping a 94-Year Old Nursing Home Resident By Lucy Campbell (Jan-29-11)
- Sexual Violence Against Female Residents of Chicago Nursing Homes By Lucy Campbell (Jan-28-11)
- Second Suspect Arrested in Care Facility Abuse Case By Lucy Campbell (Jan-19-11)
- Suspect of Identity Theft in Washington Could Have More Than 1,000 Victims By Charles Benson (Jan-13-11)
- Judge Says Mentally Ill Immigrants Have Right to LA Defense Attorney By Charles Benson (Jan-2-11)
- Guilty Until Proven Innocent—Legal Malpractice? By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-10)
- Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney Lisa Budris: "Passionate about What I Do" By Heidi Turner (Dec-29-10)
- Eight Charged with Defrauding BP Oil Spill Compensation Fund By Gordon Gibb (Dec-14-10)
- Jury Awards Wrongfully Convicted Man $18.5 Million By Brenda Craig (Nov-15-10)
- Norian to Pay $23 Million for Illegal Bone Cement Tests By Lucy Campbell (Oct-5-10)
- Forest Pharmaceuticals Agrees to Pay $300M in Criminal Penalties By Lucy Campbell (Sep-21-10)
- Stabbing Victim Sues Cops for Negligence By Charles Benson (Aug-10-10)
- Pennsylvania Doctor Accused of Stockpiling Fentora from Cancer Patients By Charles Benson (May-2-10)
- Boy Killed in Car Crash, Mother Goes to Court By Lucy Campbell (Apr-16-10)
- Oregon Family Lands $1 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Mar-23-10)
- Former North Carolina Officer Faces Criminal Offense Against Local Teen By Charles Benson (Feb-6-10)
- New York Nursing Home Loses $19 Million Lawsuit Charging Elder Care Neglect By Charles Benson (Jan-2-10)
- Grieving Mother Receives $100,000 in Wrongful Death Damages from Louisiana Sheriff Department By Charles Benson (Dec-30-09)
- New Criminal Law Guidelines Snake through North Carolina By Gordon Gibb (Dec-4-09)
- Bronx Tenants File Suit against Landlord over Unsafe Living Conditions By Charles Benson (Nov-27-09)
- Is Big Brother Your Facebook Friend? By Lucy Campbell (Nov-25-09)
- Criminal Justice Prevails Equally for Guilty and Innocent By Gordon Gibb (Nov-24-09)
- Police Brutality Makes a Mockery of Criminal Law By Gordon Gibb (Oct-13-09)