LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Arkansas Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 11, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
San Francisco, CA: If you are one of the 1.4 billion Gmail users around the globe, you are likely more than familiar with annoying online ads. But so too are email users who didn’t sign up to Gmail. People like Rick, who is fed up with barrages of ads. And people like Rick are filing Google complaints.Read [ Google Gmail is “Creepy”, says a Non-Gmail User Filing Complaint ]
September 14, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Google Mail California Claims Expire end of September: File Now, Attorney Urges ]
Santa Clara, CA: Attorney Ray Gallo has filed a lawsuit against Google on behalf of individuals seeking compensation for invasion of privacy. Gallo says that if you do not use Gmail but sent an email to a Gmail user, Google intercepted it and processed it for advertising purposes, and you may be owed $5,000 under the California Invasion of Privacy Act.
July 26, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Louis, MO A group of seven farmers are the lead plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit that claims “corporate greed” and “a rush to market” by some of the world’s biggest makers and promoters of agricultural chemicals caused farm crops to wither and die costing farm operators millions of dollars in lost revenue and possibly forcing them to switch all their seed stock to herbicide resistant Monsanto seed in the coming years whether they want to or not.Read [ Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops ]
January 28, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Concord, NH: A lesser-known hernia mesh that is beginning to attain some traction in legal circles is Atrium C-QUR Hernia Mesh, a product approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006. Akin to other mesh products made by competing manufacturers for hernia repair, plaintiffs are filing lawsuits alleging complications.Read [ Something Fishy Allegedly Going on with Atrium C-QUR Mesh ]
December 13, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Ramsey County, MN: It’s been almost a year to the day that a small collection of plaintiffs having filed a Bair Hugger lawsuit had their cases transferred to federal court in Minnesota, effectively creating multidistrict litigation cases that were characterized as being several dozen in number.Read [ Court Spells Out Bair Hugger Bellwether Trial Timelines ]
November 16, 2016. By Fernando Marcano.
Sacramento, CA: Legisladores de California han expandido la ley laboral de dicho estado para aumentar protección a los conserjes, que usualmente son trabajadores vulnerables y al riesgo de acoso sexual y asalto. La Ley de Asamblea 1978 establece la registración y entrenamiento como requerimientos para ayudar a los trabajadores en la empresa de limpieza a protegerse a sí mismos contra el acoso sexual y asalto. Los empleadores que violen la nueva ley de California podrían encontrarse con la registración revocada.Read [ Ley Laboral Californiana Expandida para Proteger a los Conserjes ]
September 28, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Sacramento, CA: Farm workers will now be entitled to new California overtime pay, putting the people who work in agriculture in line with other industries after years of having their own overtime pay laws. In September, California Governor Jerry Brown signed the new California overtime law, allowing farmworkers overtime pay after working an eight-hour day.Read [ California Passes Farmworker Overtime Laws ]
September 25, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: Rip off is a harsh term, although one plaintiffs embroiled in Life Insurance Rip Off lawsuits use with complete comfort. At the very least, consumers holding universal life insurance policies currently facing massive rate increases are stuck with a classic catch 22 situation, in that policyholders annoyed with rising premiums, or unable to pay them, have few alternatives given their age.Read [ Consumers Hit with Massive Universal Life Premiums Join Class Action ]
July 17, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Arkansas Supreme Court Affirms Class-Action Status in Nursing Overtime Lawsuit ]
Little Rock, AR Nurses remain the unsung heroes of medicine, regardless of jurisdiction. Thus, it appears patently unfair and unjust when nurses accuse their employers of stiffing them from overtime for work performed outside of their shifts, and when working through meal breaks. A Nursing Overtime Lawsuit seeking class-action status in Arkansas will go ahead after the state’s Supreme Court upheld a lower court’s ruling that class-action status is warranted.
April 12, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Arkansas Seeks Review of Court Risperdal Reversal ]
Little Rock, AR Although Johnson & Johnson won a reversal of a $1.2 billion judgment in an Arkansas Risperdal lawsuit, Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel asked the state Supreme Court to reconsider its decision. The Arkansas Risperdal lawsuit alleged Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiary, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, minimized the risks of Risperdal side effects and marketed the drug for off-label uses.
- Following Suit: Telemarketing Lawsuit Update By Lucy Campbell (Feb-27-14)
- Arkansas Attorney General Launches Internet Payday Loans Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Oct-9-13)
- Inspections Show Serious Incidences of Care Center Abuse By Heidi Turner (Jan-17-13)
- Amusement Park Accidents: Zip Lines a Growing Concern By Gordon Gibb (Aug-19-12)
- Drilling Mud Chemicals Removed from Arkansas Creek By Charles Benson (May-31-11)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Food in 19 States By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-10)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk By Lucy Campbell (Dec-20-10)
- Cal-Maine Foods Recalls Eggs By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-10)
- Raquel's Brand Products Recalled due to Potential Listeria Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Jul-26-10)
- Unum Denies Widow Life Insurance Benefits By Jane Mundy (Jun-29-10)
- Stockbrokers Who Betray Trust is Stockbroker Fraud By Gordon Gibb (Jun-9-10)
- Internet Lawsuits Heat up: Son Files Charges against Mother By Heidi Turner (Apr-10-10)
- Stunt Pilot Walks Away from Plane Crash By Charles Benson (Nov-18-09)
- Tyson Foods Chicken Whistleblower By Jane Mundy (Oct-3-09)
- Defective Auto Lawsuit Launched One Year After Women Dies in Rollover By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-09)
- Reglan Tardive Dyskinesia: Cruel Loss of Control By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-09)
- Good Samaritan Denied Workers Compensation in Arkansas By Gordon Gibb (May-31-09)
- Kugel Mesh Ordeal "Stressful" By Heidi Turner (Dec-12-08)
- Why Bother with Byetta? By Jane Mundy (Nov-10-08)
- Will the next patient be Safe from Heparin? By Jane Mundy (Oct-30-08)
- Zimmer Hip Replacement: "Too Young to Feel So Old" By Heidi Turner (Aug-30-08)
- "Digitek Almost Did Him In" By Jane Mundy (Aug-5-08)
- Chantix Caused Veteran's Depression By Jane Mundy (May-1-08)
- Attorney Robert K. Rhoads: "It's not like condemning someone's house." By Paul Halpern (Mar-15-08)
- Yamaha Rhino Rolls Onto Driver's Leg By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-08)
- Arkansas Attorney General Files Lawsuit Against Janssen LP and Janssen Pharmaceutica, Inc. By Jaime Jofre (Nov-21-07)
- Avandia Lawsuits Still Being Filed By Heidi Turner (Oct-11-07)
- Lawsuits Filed Over Zyprexa Suicides By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-07)
- Patient Prescribed Avandia was Heart Attack Waiting to Happen By Jane Mundy (Jul-25-07)
- Lawsuits Filed Against Whirlpool for Defective Refrigerators By Heidi Turner (Mar-15-07)
- Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerators By Jane Mundy (Mar-7-07)
- Bayer Cropscience Faces More Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Sep-13-06)
- Abuse and Neglect of Elderly Rampant in Nursing Home Industry By Evelyn Pringle (Sep-12-06)