LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONHome Page >> MRI Health Risks >> Articles
MRI Health Risk Articles
April 12, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ FDA Approves New MRI Contrast Agent ]
Wayne, NJ The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved a new MRI contrast agent called Gadavist for people having the imaging conducted on their central nervous system, HealthDay News reports.
March 26, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ New Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agent Approved ]
Washington, DC The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved another MRI contrast agent that contains gadolinium, despite a black box warning alerting patients to the risk of MRI contrast side effects. The new MRI contrast agent will also include the warning about the risk of gadolinium kidney failure, although the FDA reports that it is thought to have a lower risk of MRI kidney damage than other contrast agents.
March 10, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ MRI Kidney Isn't the Only MRI Health Risk ]
Calgary, AB Risks involving MRI kidney and the impact MRI contrast agents have on patients suffering from kidney disease have been a concern over the last few years. Contrast agents containing gadolinium, which helps technicians produce a clearer picture, can cause harm if not expelled from the body efficiently following an MRI procedure. That's the kidney's role. When a patient suffering from kidney disease or kidney failure is given an MRI contrast agent, MRI dialysis is required to prevent the onset of horrific adverse reactions.
February 11, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Lawsuit against General Electric over MRI Health Risks Settled ]
Cleveland, OH A last-minute settlement was reached recently in a lawsuit against General Electric over the relationship between its drug Omniscan and MRI health risks, the Frederick County Times reports.
January 29, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ MRI Health Risks beyond the Contrast Agent ]
Cleveland, OH Various MRI risks, such as MRI contrast side effects directly impacting the kidney (contrast agent toxicity resulting from poorly performing kidneys, which some refer to as MRI kidney), is not the only risk associated with magnetic resonance imaging. Patients with pacemakers can also experience MRI health risks, which leaves a doctor with somewhat of a conundrum—the risk of ordering an MRI on a patient with an implanted defibrillator v. eschewing the MRI and risking ill health stemming from whatever the MRI was intended to identify and isolate.
January 19, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ MRI Health Risks—Contrast Dye Burn ]
Oxford, MN Jennifer had a pacemaker implanted a few years ago and needed to have an MRI beforehand. She'd had MRIs before, and had no idea there were any MRI health risks. But this time was different. "As soon as the radiologist said, 'The contrast dye is coming through now,' my arm started to burn, and it became unbearable," said Jennifer (pictured below).
December 23, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ MRI Safer Than CT, but MRI Health Risks Remain for Some ]
Washington, DC When the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) gives you a recommendation, you take the ball and run with it. That's in effect what Bracco Imaging SpA has done, given the issues surrounding MRI contrast side effects and the potential health issues for those suffering from kidney disease or other kidney dysfunction.
December 13, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Mayo Clinic Gives Advice on MRI Health Risks ]
Jacksonville, FL Dr. Carl F. Anderson of the Mayo Clinic explains that it is important to know the type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) being conducted in order to know if there are any MRI health risks.
December 7, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ MRI NSF: Patients with Renal Insufficiency at Risk ]
Des Moines, IA It has only been in the past 10 years or so that MRI contrast side effects have become more widely known, specifically the risks associated with the use of certain MRI contrast agents in patients with kidney failure. In some patients, MRI health risks include a risk of developing nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF), a potentially fatal condition with no known treatment.
November 25, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ First Bellwether MRI Health Risk Trial Starts in January ]
Akron, OH 2011 may turn out to be a bellwether year for anyone suffering from the effects of MRI contrast side effects, with the announcement that the first bellwether trial regarding the alleged link between gadolinium and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (NSF) is scheduled for January.
- MRI NSF: Understanding What Causes Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis By Heidi Turner (Nov-15-10)
- New Study Examines Mechanism Behind MRI Contrast Agent Illness By Charles Benson (Nov-5-10)
- Is MRI Over-Used for Breast Cancer, Resulting in MRI Health Risks? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-27-10)
- New MRI Contrast Agent Could Work For CT Scans, Too By Charles Benson (Oct-17-10)
- "Why Was I given Gadolinium?" Asks Patient with Kidney Problems By Jane Mundy (Oct-8-10)
- MRI Health Risks: FDA Increases Warnings By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-10)
- FDA Warns of MRI Health Risks for Kidney Disease Sufferers By Charles Benson (Sep-15-10)
- FDA Requires Stronger Warnings on Some MRI Contrast Agents By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-10)
- MRI Health Risks May Extend Beyond MRI Contrast Agent By Gordon Gibb (Aug-29-10)
- FDA to Look at Gadolinium-based Contrast Agent, Known for MRI Health Risks By Charles Benson (Aug-16-10)
- MRI Health Risks: Beware the Magnetized Projectile By Gordon Gibb (Aug-9-10)
- MRI Health Risks to Kidney Patients Growing with Scan Frequency By Gordon Gibb (Aug-2-10)
- Patients with Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis May be Misdiagnosed By Heidi Turner (Jul-27-10)
- Understanding Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-10)
- General Electric in Trouble over MRI Dye By Heidi Turner (Jul-20-10)
- Three Contrast Agents Associated with MRI Health Risks By Charles Benson (Jul-11-10)
- Hospitals Could Face Lawsuit after Patient Develops MRI-Related NSF By Heidi Turner (Jul-3-10)
- The Importance of Post-MRI Dialysis for Kidney Patients By Gordon Gibb (Jun-27-10)
- Florida Hospital Tests New Machine to Lessen Risks of MRI Contrast Side Effects By Charles Benson (Apr-8-10)
- MRI Contrast Side Effects "Ruined My Life" By Gordon Gibb (Mar-29-10)
- Doctors May Be Needlessly Exposing Patients To MRI Health Risks By Charles Benson (Mar-17-10)
- Pacemakers Pose MRI Risk to Patients By Gordon Gibb (Feb-23-10)
- MRI Contrast Agent Side Effects Can Be Debilitating By Heidi Turner (Feb-14-10)
- New Contrast Agent May Reduce MRI Health Risks By Charles Benson (Feb-5-10)
- MRI Health Risks Lawsuits Heating up By Jane Mundy (Jan-4-10)
- Radiologist Warns of MRI Health Risks, GE Sues for Libel By Jane Mundy (Dec-31-09)
- Emergency MRI Burns Toddler By Gordon Gibb (Dec-15-09)
- Attorney Intends to Expose Bayer, the Maker of Magnevist By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-09)
- Nation's First Nephronic Systemic Fibrosis Trial Set to Begin By Hana Silverstein (Dec-8-09)
- MRI Health Risks Lead the FDA to Reconsider Rules on Imaging Drugs By Charles Benson (Dec-7-09)
- Study Shows Risk of NSF 77 Times Higher in Dialysis Patients By Heidi Turner (Nov-29-09)
- NSF Patient Sues over MRI Contrast Agent By Gordon Gibb (Nov-19-09)
- Man Sues Hospital After Developing Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis By Lucy Campbell (Nov-17-09)
- $1 million in stimulus funds to improve technologies and reduce MRI health risks By Charles Benson (Nov-17-09)
- "My Brother wasn't Warned about MRI Health Risks" By Jane Mundy (Nov-15-09)
- GE Sued Over MRI Contrasting Agent-Induced NSF By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-09)
- Two FDA Doctors Said Omniscan Worse Than Other MRI Contrast Agents By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-09)
- "Do I Qualify for a Lawsuit against MRI Health Risks and Contrast Agents?" By Jane Mundy (Oct-27-09)
- Study finds more people may be exposed to MRI risk in certain areas By Charles Benson (Oct-19-09)
- Gadolinium and MRI Health Risks Continue to Pose Problems By Jane Mundy (Oct-13-09)