Legal News Articles - Accidents
December 28, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Dozens Trapped, Some Injured at Sugarloaf Mountain ]
Carrabassett Valley, Maine Officials at Sugarloaf Mountain ski resort are reporting that a ski lift accident has resulted in several people requiring hospitalization for injuries, while others remain trapped on the 100 chairs that make up the lift.
December 27, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Eight Dead in Cairo Bus Crash ]
Cairo, Egypt A bus accident in Cairo on Boxing Day has killed eight American tourists who were on board the bus, and injured a further 21 passengers. The accident happened when a tour bus rammed into a parked truck, whlie en route from Aswan to the ancient temples of Abu Simbel, in Southern Egypt. The dead include six women and two men. The Egyptian driver and guide was also injured.
December 27, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Pilot Flying Solo Killed in California Plane Crash ]
Palm Springs, CA A pilot died in a recent plane crash after the small aircraft took off from Palm Springs, California, the Desert Sun reports.
December 23, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ GM Recalls 100,000 Cars and Trucks ]
Detroit, MI General Motors is announcing two separate recalls of five different vehicles, affecting approximately 100,000 cars and trucks.
December 23, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Two Injured in Springfield Motorcycle Accident ]
Springfield, MO Two drivers were injured in a recent Springfield motorcycle accident near Shell Knob in Barry County, reports the Joplin Globe.
December 22, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Health Bill for 9/11 Responders Passes ]
Washington, DC The 9/11 responders health bill designed to cover the medical costs of rescue workers and others who became ill after breathing in toxic fumes, dust and smoke during and after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, has been passed by the US Senate.
December 22, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Fire Accident Kills 2 Chicago Firefighters ]
Chicago, IL Two firefighters have been killed and 16 others injured while fighting an extra-alarm fire
December 21, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Toyota To Pay $32 Million Over Vehicle Recalls ]
Torrence, CA Toyota has agreed to pay federal officials $32.4 million in fines resulting from investigations into the handling of several massive recalls the Japanese automaker instigated in 2009 and 2010. According to a report on CNN.com the two fines - $16.375 million and $16.05 million – are the most severe allowed by law. These fines are in addition to the $16.375 Toyota has already paid for failure to notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration within five days of learning of the 'sticky pedal' effect. The so-called effect resulted in some Toyota vehicles accelerating without the ability to stop.
December 21, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Train Car Lands on Sidewalk After Train Derailment ]
Roanoke, VA It's a miracle no one was hurt or killed in the December 15 train crash. It was 7:40 pm on a Sunday evening when a 66-car train loaded with new vehicles partially derailed in an area of tracks that bisect the Roanoke tourism and business district. Media reports indicate a fence along Norfolk Avenue was flattened, and one derailed car wound up on a pedestrian sidewalk adjacent to the Taubman Museum of Art.
December 19, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Father Dies Six Weeks After Fire That Claims His Son ]
Chicago, IL The image on YouTube of DJ Mixx Massacre Mike posing with his three-year-old son is heartbreaking when you realize that both are no longer with us, killed in a fire accident in Pilsen, located on the Lower West Side of Chicago. What is equally heartbreaking is that the video was put up soon after the fire, which killed the DJ's son Michael Cruz Jr. and severely injured his father. The YouTube video was both a tribute and a video "get well card" for the stricken father recovering in hospital.
- Serious Injuries in Bus Crash By Heidi Turner (Dec-19-10)
- Three Dead in Louisiana Plane Crash By Heidi Turner (Dec-18-10)
- Small Plane Crash in Bahamas Kills One By Lucy Campbell (Dec-16-10)
- Wal-Mart Recalls 2.2 Million Electric Heaters By Lucy Campbell (Dec-16-10)
- Lawsuit Filed Following Tragic Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Dec-16-10)
- Two People Killed in Kansas City Truck Accident By Charles Benson (Dec-16-10)
- December 15 Most Dangerous Day for California Auto Accidents By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-10)
- Death by Overdose of 5 Children Prompts FDA Warning for Tessalon By Lucy Campbell (Dec-14-10)
- Toyota Recalls 94,000 Sienna Minivans By Lucy Campbell (Dec-14-10)
- Small Plane Crashes, Explodes on Runway, Injures One By Lucy Campbell (Dec-13-10)
- Girl Critically Injured in St. Louis Car Accident By Charles Benson (Dec-9-10)
- Rachael Ray Brand Two Quart Teakettle Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Dec-7-10)
- French Court Finds Continental Airlines and Mechanic Guilty In 2000 Concord Crash By Lucy Campbell (Dec-6-10)
- Vermont Bus Accident Injures 37 By Lucy Campbell (Dec-3-10)
- Tractor-Trailer Slams into School Bus, Injures 21 Children By Lucy Campbell (Dec-3-10)
- 272,000 Forever-Glo Nite Lites Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Dec-2-10)
- Near Strangulation Prompts Lowes to Recall 11 Million Roman and Roll-Up Blinds By Lucy Campbell (Dec-1-10)
- Arkansas Woman Dies After Springfield Car Accident By Charles Benson (Nov-27-10)
- Three People Killed in Florida Plane Crash By Charles Benson (Nov-25-10)
- Touch Point Oscillating Ceramic Heaters Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Nov-24-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kills All on Board By Lucy Campbell (Nov-22-10)
- Bassettbaby Recalls 90,000 Drop-Side Cribs By Lucy Campbell (Nov-22-10)
- Full Speed Ahead Crank Sets Recalled due to Reports of Injury By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-10)
- Successful 9/11 First Responders Settlement Reached By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-10)
- Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Recalled due to Explosion Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-10)
- Kansas Man Killed in Motorcycle Accident By Charles Benson (Nov-17-10)
- Accident Kills 5, Police Looking for Driver By Lucy Campbell (Nov-15-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kill 3 in Florida By Lucy Campbell (Nov-12-10)
- Strangulation Death of a Child Prompts Recall of Roman Shades, Roll-Up Blinds, and Roller Blinds By Lucy Campbell (Nov-10-10)
- Eleven Children Injured in St. Louis Traffic Accident Involving School Bus By Charles Benson (Nov-10-10)
- Plane Crash in Cuba Kills 68 By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- Lufthansa, Singapore and Qantas Ground Airbus A380s By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- Plane Loses Part of an Engine Mid-Flight By Heidi Turner (Nov-4-10)
- Halloween Car Crash Results in $6.5 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Nov-4-10)
- Small Plane Crash Kills 4 Family Members By Lucy Campbell (Nov-3-10)
- Woman Files Suit Over Injuries from Missouri Car Crash By Charles Benson (Nov-3-10)
- Haier America Recalls Chest Freezers Due to Fire Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Nov-2-10)
- Man Dies from Injuries Sustained in Washington State Car Accident By Charles Benson (Oct-31-10)
- Man Seriously Injured in Springfield Truck Accident By Charles Benson (Oct-30-10)
- Hole Blows Open in Boston-Bound Boeing 757, Forces Emergency Landing By Lucy Campbell (Oct-29-10)