Request Legal Help Now - Free

Building Explodes in Wayne MI, with 2 People Trapped Inside

. By
Wayne, MIA building explosion in Wayne has left two people trapped inside, is reporting. A third person, identified as Paul Franks, was rescued and is reportedly in critical condition. Franks is the owner of a popular furniture business in the city. A gas leak may have caused the explosion.

Fire and rescue crews were onsite but remained outside the building while the gas company, Consumers Energy, shut off a 2-inch gas main that was leaking prior to the explosion. A worker from the gas company was investigating the leak about two blocks from where the explosion took place.

"In the course of that investigation, the building down the road here exploded," Company spokesperson Debra Dodd said . The blast was felt two miles away, "there was a large thump," said by City Manager John Zech.

Aerial footage from the scene by CNN affiliate WDIV showed dozens of firefighters working to shore up the remaining structure . "It's a very precarious situation," Dodd told CNN.

READ ABOUT oil and gas accidents LAWSUITS


Fields marked * are mandatory. Please read our comment guidelines before posting.


Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

*Email Address:

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.
*Your Comment:

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.

Click to learn more about
Request Legal Help Now! - Free