LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Personal Injury Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 19, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Long Beach, CA: A California woman, known as ‘Jane Doe’ has filed a lawsuit against Uber Technologies Inc., the well-known ride share program, alleging the company practices negligent hiring practices that caused her to be the victim of rape by an Uber driver with a history of violent crimes.Read [ Uber Driver Rape Victim’s Lawsuit Demands Overhaul of Uber Safety Measures ]
October 18, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Jefferson City, MO: A $72 million verdict in favor of the family of a woman whose death from ovarian cancer was allegedly linked to her long term use of Johnson and Johnson’s Baby Powder has been reversed by The Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District.Read [ $72M J&J Talc Cancer Verdict Reversed ]
October 13, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Las Vegas, NV: A 21-year-old college student from California has filed a multi-defendant lawsuit claiming their negligence is responsible for the injuries she sustained at a country music festival in Las Vegas as a deranged shooter fired a hail of automatic gunfire into a crowd from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Casino Resort killing 58 people and wounding hundreds more on October 1, 2017.Read [ Woman Injured in Las Vegas Shooting Launches Lawsuit ]
September 26, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC: Bayer has announced that it is taking its female sterilization device, Essure, off the market in all countries where it is currently marketed and sold, except the US. The company said it was taking this action due to commercial reasons, and not because of allegations of side effects associated with the device.Read [ Bayer Pulls Essure Birth Control Device From All Countries Except US ]
September 8, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: A $57.1 million verdict has been awarded against the makers of defective TVT Secur mesh, Johnson & Johnson and its subsidiary, Ethicon. The award breaks down as $50 million in punitive damages and $7.1 million in compensatory damages for plaintiff Ella Ebaugh, a Pennsylvania resident, according to court documents.Read [ $57.1M Ethicon TVT Secur Mesh Verdict Awarded ]
June 6, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A deceptive opioid medication marketing lawsuit has been initiated against five prescription opioid manufacturers over allegations of fraudulent marketing and misrepresentation of the risks associated with these drugs, specifically the risk for addiction.Read [ Ohio Sues Big Pharma for Misleading Opioid Marketing ]
April 25, 2017. By Attorney Bill Green, Green Law Firm.
North Charleston, SC:You’d have to be under a rock the last week to have missed the story of David Dao, a Chinese-American passenger who was forcibly removed from an overbooked United Airlines flight after resisting his removal. The media has been all over this blatant example of excessive force; and so they should. It’s violent, visceral, and reminds us that everyday people can be pushed around by the systems of “big companies” whether they like it or not.Read [ Why Your Cell Phone Matters: 5 Lessons from the United Airlines PR Disaster ]
April 19, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: A $55 million jury verdict brought against Honda Motor Co, in 2014 will stand, according to a ruling by the Pennsylvania Superior Court. The settlement resulted from a personal injury lawsuit against Honda that alleged the automotive manufacturer ignored a seat belt defect. The suit was brought by a man who claimed that defect resulted in his becoming paralyzed.Read [ $55M Personal Injury Verdict Against Honda Stands ]
April 18, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Chicago, Ill Lawyers representing Dr. David Dao, the 69-year-old passenger who was forcibly removed from a United Airlines flight, have filed an emergency request with a court in Chicago asking the airline to preserve all video, cockpit recordings, surveillance video, passenger and crew lists and other evidence related to the incident.Read [ Man Ejected from United Airlines Seat Prepares to Sue ]
April 11, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: Plaintiffs involved in multi-district litigation (MDL) against 3M’s post-surgery patient-warming device, Bair Hugger, are on their way to court, following the selection of approximately 30 bellwether cases. The patients involved in the MDL allege that the Bair Hugger Forced-Air Warming system caused them to develop infections after undergoing surgical procedures. Specifically, the device, which blows hot air into a specially designed blanket covering a patient, spreads bacteria from the hospital floor or the inside of the device, the lawsuits state.Read [ 3M Bair Hugger Blanket Bellwether Cases Chosen for Trial ]
- Award for Injured Persons Failed by the Justice System – Maybe THAT’S YOU! By Brenda Craig (Mar-13-17)
- $25M Accutane Settlement Reinstated By Lucy Campbell (Jan-26-17)
- Parents Face Pool Drowning Nightmare By Heidi Turner (Jan-6-17)
- Updated FDA Review Suggests Link Between Actos and Bladder Cancer By Lucy Campbell (Dec-13-16)
- Essure Contraceptive Gets Black Box Warning By Lucy Campbell (Nov-16-16)
- Essure Cases Can Proceed in California By Lucy Campbell (Aug-5-16)
- Benicar Trials Postponed Until 2017 By Lucy Campbell (Jul-14-16)
- Harley Davidson Brake Failure Subject of NHTSA Investigation By Lucy Campbell (Jul-8-16)
- $70M Settlement Awarded in Risperdal Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Jul-5-16)
- Anton Yelchin Killed by Jeep Grand Cherokee Under Recall By Lucy Campbell (Jun-21-16)
- Medical Error Third Leading Cause of Death in the US By Lucy Campbell (May-4-16)
- CT Nephew Wins: Verdict for Defendant in Aunt’s Broken Wrist Case By Abi Kistler (Oct-13-15)
- FDA Orders Studies of Duodenoscopes Following Reports of Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Oct-8-15)
- FDA Panel to Review Essure Contraceptive Device By Lucy Campbell (Sep-23-15)
- NBC Nightly News Investigates the Safety of Bard IVC Filters By Lucy Campbell (Sep-3-15)
- $23 Million Verdict Awarded in First Depakote Birth Defects Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-29-15)
- FBI Investigating J&J over Power Morcellator By Lucy Campbell (May-28-15)
- Takata Admits Airbags Defective Recalls 33.8M Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (May-19-15)
- Actos Cancer Victims Get $2.4B Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Apr-29-15)
- FDA Won't Pull Duodenoscopes By Lucy Campbell (Mar-13-15)
- Jury Awards $5.7M in Ethicon Abbrevo Transvaginal Mesh Injury Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Mar-6-15)
- FDA Demands Warnings for Cardiovascular Risks on all Prescription Testosterone Low-T Products By Lucy Campbell (Mar-4-15)
- Major Retailers Asked To Stop Sales Of Store Brand Herbal Supplements By Lucy Campbell (Feb-5-15)
- Generic Fosamax Injury Lawsuit to Proceed By Lucy Campbell (Jan-21-15)
- Viagra Blamed for Skin Cancer Diagnosis By Lucy Campbell (Dec-15-14)
- NHTSA Wants National Recall of Vehicles with Defective Takata Airbags By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-14)
- Stryker Reaches $1B Modular Hip Replacement Mass Tort Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Nov-4-14)
- $9B Actos Bladder Cancer Settlement Gets Reduced to $37 Million By Lucy Campbell (Oct-28-14)
- FDA Advisory Committee Issues Recommendations on Morcellation By Heidi Turner (Jul-27-14)
- FDA Announces Laparoscopic Power Morcellation Advisory Meeting By Lucy Campbell (Jul-11-14)
- FDA Requires Blood Clot Warning on Testosterone Products By Lucy Campbell (Jun-20-14)
- $100M Settlement Pending in Merck NuvaRing MDL By Lucy Campbell (Jun-6-14)
- Jury Rules Against Women in Actos Bladder Cancer Trial By Lucy Campbell (May-22-14)
- J&J Wins Reversal of $1.2B Risperdal Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Mar-21-14)
- Nexium Plaintiffs Oppose Lawsuit Dismissal By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-14)
- Six People Dead in Suspected DUI Collision By Lucy Campbell (Feb-10-14)
- FDA Issues Warning of Liver Injury with Acetaminophen By Lucy Campbell (Jan-15-14)
- Topamax Birth Defects Lawsuit Reaches $11 Million Verdict By Lucy Campbell (Dec-18-13)
- Wal-Mart to Pay $25M in Blitz Exploding Gas Can Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Dec-12-13)
- Paul Walker Car Accident Investigation Under Way By Lucy Campbell (Dec-4-13)