LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Chinese Drywall Problem Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 8, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Construction Firm Begins Fixing Florida Homes Containing Chinese Drywall ]
Fort Lauderdale, FL Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based construction company Moss & Associates was chosen recently to fix homes that have been affected by Chinese drywall, the Miami Herald reports.
February 20, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Florida Resident Sickened by Chinese Drywall Forced from Home ]
Lauderhill, FL Her name is Eleanor Aguilar and Chinese drywall chased her out of her own home. Her townhouse in Lauderhill, Florida, was built with defective China drywall from Knauf Plasterboard Tianjin. The defective drywall compromised her health as well as her appliances—and now her home will take three months to remediate.
February 8, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ CDC: No Link between Chinese Drywall and 11 US Deaths ]
New Orleans, LA The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently said that it did not find a link between Chinese drywall and the deaths of 11 people across the country living with the defective product, The Associated Press reports.
January 28, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Insurer Canceling Policies on Defective Chinese Drywall Homes ]
Punta Gorda, FL Homeowners who face problems with Chinese drywall received more bad news: the public insurance company in Florida has said it will suspend policies on homes with extensive Chinese drywall problems. For homeowners already suffering health problems and financial troubles because of the defective Chinese drywall, the announcement is another blow.
January 17, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ China Refuses to Compensate for Chinese Drywall Problems ]
Washington, DC The pressure on Chinese drywall manufacturers to come clean, if you will, about the environmental toxicity of its tainted plasterboard has been ratcheted up of late with the visit to China in recent days of Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) Chairwoman Inez Tenenbaum, and the pending visit to the US of Chinese President Hu Jintao.
December 30, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Chinese Drywall Plaintiffs Suffer Insurance Setback ]
New Orleans, LA While victims of defective Chinese drywall are getting some satisfaction from lawsuit settlements, and repair funding from suppliers, distributors and contractors responsible for installing the defective product into scores of homes, a judge ruled a week before Christmas that there will be little help for homeowners through their existing insurance policies.
December 19, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Chinese Drywall: Judge Rules in Homeowners' Favor ]
Palm Beach, FL When it comes to Chinese drywall, there could be some confusion over who is to blame for homeowners dealing with Chinese drywall problems. For example, the companies who installed the defective Chinese drywall did not make the drywall, but they did use it. So the question becomes, does that make them responsible for problems with Chinese drywall?
December 10, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Chinese Drywall Victims Hold Rally in Washington, DC ]
Washington, DC Homeowners who have been living with Chinese drywall have decided to air their frustrations in the nation's capital by holding a rally recently in front of the Senate, WVEC.com reports.
November 28, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Chinese Drywall Homeowners Finally Getting Their Due ]
Homestead, FL The Chinese drywall debacle is finally coming to an end for dozens of homeowners in Florida stricken with the substandard drywall. Not only will they have their homes repaired, but also their attorney's fees and other expenses will be covered. Another victory for the homeowners is that they won't have to reimburse the manufacturer if less than 95 percent of the drywall in their homes turns out to be product other than that manufactured by the defendant.
November 20, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Lawyers Drop Their Opposition to Chinese Drywall Settlement ]
Columbus, GA Lawyers who initially opposed a settlement with Lowe's regarding Chinese drywall have dropped their opposition now that the terms of the agreement have been changed. Consumers who experienced Chinese drywall problems filed a lawsuit against Lowe's, alleging the home-improvement chain sold drywall with high levels of sulfur, strontium or other compounds that caused problems in their homes. A settlement was initially reached with Lowe's, but critics argued that the settlement gave too much money to attorneys and not enough to the people with the allegedly defective Chinese drywall in their homes.
- Chinese Drywall May Still Be Cause of Fort Bragg Infant Deaths By Charles Benson (Nov-8-10)
- Lowe's Offers $100,000 to Some Victims of Chinese Drywall By Charles Benson (Nov-6-10)
- Chinese Drywall Company Agrees to Repair Homes By Heidi Turner (Oct-29-10)
- When Bad Things Happen to Your Real Estate By Brenda Craig (Oct-22-10)
- Latest Chinese Drywall Remediation Does Not Preclude Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-13-10)
- Attorney Gary E. Mason Discusses Recent Activity in the Chinese Drywall Litigation By Jane Mundy (Sep-8-10)
- Doctor: Chinese Drywall Linked with Premature Aging By Charles Benson (Sep-2-10)
- Recent Chinese Drywall Settlement Smells like Rotten Eggs By Jane Mundy (Aug-25-10)
- Did Chinese Drywall Kill Virginia Man? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-17-10)
- Several Virginia Homes For Sale have Chinese Drywall By Charles Benson (Aug-10-10)
- Chinese Drywall Litigation Heats Up By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-10)
- Chinese Drywall Manufacturer Pursues Contractor Settlements By Gordon Gibb (Jul-20-10)
- Got Chinese Drywall? Check Your Insurance Policy By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-10)
- Habitat for Humanity Connected to Defective Chinese Drywall By Charles Benson (Jul-3-10)
- Lawyer Wins Landmark Drywall Case in Florida By Brenda Craig (Jun-30-10)
- Good News for Homeowners with Chinese Drywall, says Attorney Gary Mason By Jane Mundy (Jun-19-10)
- Chinese Drywall Plaintiff: "This Has Been a Horrible Experience" By Gordon Gibb (Jun-17-10)
- Second Court Decision Favors Chinese Drywall Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (May-13-10)
- Landmark Chinese Drywall Ruling Finds for the Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-10)
- Chinese Drywall Round-up By Gordon Gibb (Dec-28-09)
- Chinese Drywall like Being up Against a Brick Wall By Jane Mundy (Dec-23-09)
- Chinese Drywall Class Action Lawsuit Underway By Jane Mundy (Dec-13-09)
- Deadline Approaches for Some Chinese Drywall Victims By Jane Mundy (Nov-30-09)
- Construction Watchdog Group Secures $5 Million in Federal Funding to Fix Chinese Drywall Problems in Louisiana By Charles Benson (Nov-27-09)
- Strong Association Found Between Chinese Drywall and Respiratory Problems By Lucy Campbell (Nov-24-09)
- Chinese Drywall Homeowner Applied for a Forbearance Agreement By Jane Mundy (Nov-20-09)
- Experts Claim Chinese Drywall Safe, But Jury Still Out By Gordon Gibb (Nov-12-09)
- Drywall Litigation Lawyers Turn Focus to Possible Compensation Scenarios By Brenda Craig (Oct-30-09)
- Lawyers expect Chinese drywall manufacturers to ignore lawsuits By Charles Benson (Sep-30-09)
- Not All Bad Drywall Comes from China—Maybe By Brenda Craig (Sep-26-09)
- Expert Witness Says Chinese Drywall is Spreading By Jane Mundy (Sep-17-09)
- Spiderman Says Chinese Drywall Remediation a Complex Issue By Gordon Gibb (Sep-9-09)
- Chinese Drywall—Does Statute of Limitations Apply? By Jane Mundy (Sep-1-09)
- Chinese Drywall Cases Fast-Tracked By Brenda Craig (Aug-20-09)
- Recent Developments in Chinese Drywall Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-09)
- For Chinese Drywall Victims, a Ray of Hope By Gordon Gibb (Aug-14-09)
- Chinese Drywall: Literally Up Against the Wall By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-09)
- From Florida to Louisiana, Chinese Drywall Has No Borders By Jane Mundy (Aug-5-09)
- Builder to Repair 400 Chinese Drywall Homes in Florida By Gordon Gibb (Jul-20-09)
- Chinese Drywall Assessment Determined "High Risk" By Jane Mundy (Jul-8-09)