LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Iowa Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 21, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: While a plaintiff having filed a recent Invokana lawsuit makes assertions pertaining to Invokana linked with cardiovascular injuries and kidney failure, it was the amputation of his right leg below the knee less than a year after starting on Invokana that ultimately prompted the plaintiff to move forward with his Invokana side effects lawsuit.Read [ Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use ]
January 29, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler Case Awaits Consolidation Decision ]
Minneapolis, MNLawyers and plaintiffs are awaiting an important decision in the Stockert 3T heater-cooler litigation process as the Judicial Panel Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) decides whether or not to consolidate 42 lawsuits into a single federal MDL. Plaintiffs allege the German manufactured operating room device infected some thoracic cardiovascular surgery patients with a potentially deadly strain of bacteria called Mycobacterium Chimera (M. chimaera).
November 21, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Fresno, CA: The manufacturer of Monsanto Roundup is not taking any assertion, accurate or otherwise that Roundup causes cancer, lying down. To that end, Monsanto Co. has joined forces with other agricultural industry groups in a lawsuit aimed squarely at the State of California and the identification by the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) that a key ingredient in Roundup is known to cause cancer.Read [ Monsanto Still Fighting California’s Carcinogen Listing for Glyphosate in Roundup ]
January 10, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Nashville, TN: Last October the CDC reported that M. chimaera contamination of heater/cooler devices, of which 60 to 70 percent stem from the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system had been found in Iowa and Pennsylvania. Just one month later, a global outbreak linking the devices was reported. M. chimaera is a rare bacteria, a species of nontuberculous mycobacterium (NTM).Read [ Stockert 3T Infections Widespread ]
November 26, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Leesburg, FL: Hospitals across the US and Canada that use the LivaNova PLC Stockert 3T heater-cooler system during open-heart surgery are warning patients—who had surgery as far back as 2011— that they may be at risk of a rare and potentially life-threatening bacterial infection called nontuberculous mycobacterium or ‘NTM.’Read [ Stockert 3T Heater Concerns Rising, Not Awareness ]
July 24, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Sioux City, IO: After losing round after round of a donning and doffing lawsuit filed against it, Tyson Foods has filed a brief requesting a new lawsuit. Tyson Foods recently lost an appeal of a lower court award of $5.8 million to employees who alleged they were not properly compensated for time spent putting on and taking off safety gear for work.Read [ Tyson Foods Requests New Donning and Doffing Lawsuit ]
June 24, 2013. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Nursing Home Abuse Could Result in Lawsuits ]
Dallas, TX When family members leave their loved ones at a nursing home, the last thing they expect to find are signs of care center abuse, including bruises, scratches and complaints about name calling. These are the sort of activities that result in care center abuse lawsuits and allegations of care home negligence. But for some families, moving a loved one into a care home is just the start of a terrible ordeal.
February 10, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Birth Injury Lawsuit Nets $5.5 Million for Plaintiffs ]
Burlington, IA Just a few days shy of her 5th birthday, a Burlington girl and her parents were awarded $5.5 million by a Des Moines County court jury for birth injuries sustained when Nyasia Gerling was born on February 1, 2007. The little girl suffered a shoulder dystocia at birth and has limited use of her right arm.
December 24, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Predatory Lending, Mortgage Fraud in the Spotlight ]
Washington, DC As tough a time as homeowners have in the current economy, it is heartbreaking to know that homeowners have even more to worry about with regard to the potential for mortgage fraud, by way of an inflated mortgage fee or predatory lending practices designed to squeeze every last dime out of a homeowner who can least afford to be taken to the cleaners. In Iowa, however, they're cracking down.
November 8, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Cal-Maine Foods Recalls Eggs ]
Washington, DC Cal-Maine Foods, has been notified by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) that one of the Company's suppliers, Ohio Fresh Eggs, LLC, Croton, Ohio, had a routine environmental study sample which tested positive for Salmonella Enteritidis (SE).
- Construction Accident Round-up: One Dead, Two Injured in Separate Accidents By Gordon Gibb (Jul-13-10)
- Bike Accident Claims Life of Popular Iowa Teacher By Charles Benson (Jun-2-10)
- Three Elder Care Homes Fined in Iowa By Gordon Gibb (Mar-22-10)
- Iowa Woman Sues Bayer and Others over Yaz Generic Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Jan-19-10)
- Jury Awards $11 Million in Helicopter Crash By Heidi Turner (Jul-19-09)
- Unpaid Overtime Goes to the Dogs By Gordon Gibb (May-13-09)
- A Big Case of Bad Faith Insurance By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-09)
- A Train Accident, A Death and a Lifetime of Pain By Gordon Gibb (Jan-31-09)
- Tenants in Common Bankruptcy Causing Problems for Investors By Heidi Turner (Dec-16-08)
- Medical Negligence a Case of Knowing Right, from Left By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-08)
- Wrongful Death in Iowa Could Multiply By Gordon Gibb (Nov-27-08)
- When Long Term Care Insurance…Isn't By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-08)
- "Avandia Changed My Life Forever" By Lucy Campbell (Sep-16-08)
- Man's Suit Alleging Age Discrimination Nears Trial By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-4-08)
- More Plane Crash Lawsuits and Settlements Announced By Heidi Turner (Dec-28-07)
- Retirement Fund Meltdown: Hint of Sub-Prime Mess in 2004 By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-07)
- Mother's Warning to Women: Do Not Take Paxil While Pregnant By Heidi Turner (Sep-5-07)
- I Want To Tell Everyone: Don't Take Ketek By Jane Mundy (Aug-4-07)
- Hog Wash: Animal Waste Sparks Tempers and Lawsuits in Midwest By Anne Borden (Jul-30-07)
- Scientists: Factory Farm Neighbors Face Health Risks By Anne Borden (Jul-17-07)
- Discrimination Doesn't Pay for FedEx By Jane Mundy (Apr-15-07)
- Maytag Involved In Another Recall: This Time Washing Machines By Heidi Turner (Apr-10-07)
- Maytag Dishwasher Fires: Customers Left Waiting By Heidi Turner (Apr-6-07)
- Panacryl Sutures: Another headache for Ethicon By Heidi Turner (Feb-24-07)