Legal News Articles - Diet/Health Supplements
June 25, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Scope Original Mint Mouthwash Recalled by Procter & Gamble ]
Washington, DC The Procter & Gamble Co, of Cincinnati, OH, is recalling about 35,000 bottles of Scope Original Mint Mouthwash, 1 Liter Size because the mouthwash contains ethyl alcohol and certain bottles have malfunctioning child-resistant caps and lack the statement, "This Package for Households Without Young children," as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act. Ethyl alcohol is toxic and can cause serious injury or death if ingested by children.
June 23, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Pro-Pet Adult Daily Vitamin Supplement for Dogs Recalled ]
Washington, DC United Pet Group is recalling all unexpired lots of its PRO-PET ADULT DAILY VITAMIN Supplement tablets for Dogs due to possible Salmonella contamination. The Food and Drug Administration is aware of this recall.
May 28, 2010. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Vast Majority of Supplements Contain Contaminants: Government Report ]
Washington, DC A new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and made public at a Senate hearing on Wednesday reveals a problem with contaminants in dietary supplements, according to The New York Times in a story published earlier this week. The GAO says that most of the dietary supplements tested contained trace amounts of lead and other contaminants.
April 28, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Health Canada Issues Warning for Slim-30 ]
Ottawa, ON Health Canada is warning Canadians that an unauthorized health product, "Slim-30" distributed in Ontario and Quebec by Duxx Enterprises Inc., contains an undeclared pharmaceutical ingredient similar to the prescription drug, sibutramine. Sibutramine may pose serious health risks, particularly to people with heart problems. Consumers who have purchased "Slim-30" are advised to consult with a medical professional if they have used the product or have concerns about their health.
April 15, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Nationwide Recall of Dietary Supplements Expanded to Include Erectzia and Vigor 100 ]
Washington, DC Atlas Operations is expanding its December 12, 2009 voluntary nationwide recall of the company's dietary supplements for sexual enhancement to include Stamin It, Erectzia, and Vigor 100.
April 13, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Advanced Cetyl M Joint Action Formula for Dogs Recalled ]
Washington, DC Response Products, Broken Bow, NE is voluntarily recalling Cetyl M for Dogs, lot numbers 1210903 and 0128010, due to a possible Salmonella contamination from the hydrolyzed vegetable protein component provided by Basic Foods of Las Vegas, NV. Tests conducted by Basic Foods to detect Salmonella produced negative results; however, Response Products has determined to recall the above-referenced lots.
March 30, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Masxtreme Capsules Recalled Across the Country ]
Washington, DC Natural Wellness is warning consumers not to purchase or consume the product known as MasXtreme, Lot# 911035. This product which is being marketed as a dietary supplement contains undeclared amounts of Aildenafil, as well as the drug Phentolamine which is an alpha-adrenergic blocker. Aildenafil is close in structure to Sildenafil and is expected to possess a similar pharmacological and adverse event profile.
March 8, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Power-Max Diet Supplement Recalled in Canada ]
Ottawa, ON Health Canada is warning Canadians that an unapproved health product that contains sildenafil, a prescription medication was found on the Canadian market in Ontario. Sildenafil may pose serious health risks, particularly to people with heart problems. Health Canada is working with the Canada Border Services Agency to stop future importation of any shipments of "POWER-MAX" from entering Canada. "POWER-MAX" was imported by Cha Health Food.
March 3, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Manufacturers of Fish Oil Supplements Face Lawsuit Over PCB Contamination ]
San Francisco, CA Some fish oil capsules sold as health supplements for their Omega-3 fatty acids content have illegally undisclosed unnecessarily high levels of contamination with polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) compounds, according to a lawsuit filed this week in California court.
March 2, 2010. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Celebrity Health Guru Could Face Three Food Supplement Lawsuits ]
Los Angeles, CA Fitness trainer and star of the television program "The Biggest Loser", Jillian Michaels, could be facing as many as three food supplement lawsuits over her signature line of weight reduction pills.
- Complete 7-Day Cleanse Recalled By Health Canada By Lucy Campbell (Feb-9-10)
- CVS pays $2.8M to settle dietary supplement lawsuit By Charles Benson (Sep-23-09)
- Is Alli the Next Fen-Phen? By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-09)
- Diet Watch: Fen-Phen Fat Cats and Alli-Oop(s) By Gordon Gibb (Aug-28-09)
- Fen-phen User's Cause of Death: PPH By Jane Mundy (Aug-16-09)
- PPH and Fen-Phen: Herbal Recipe Just as Dangerous By Jane Mundy (Aug-9-09)
- FDA Issues Warning About Body Building Products By Lucy Campbell (Jul-29-09)
- It May Be Banned, But PPH and Fen-Phen Still an Issue By Gordon Gibb (Jul-27-09)
- Lawsuits Filed Following Hydroxycut Recall By Heidi Turner (Jul-24-09)
- PPH and Fen-Phen Victim Regrets Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-09)
- Hydroxycut User: "My Life is Shortened" By Heidi Turner (Jul-16-09)
- Hydroxycut Patient Says Supplements Changed Her Life By Heidi Turner (Jul-9-09)
- Hydroxycut Class Action the 'Next Big One' By Gordon Gibb (Jul-2-09)
- Is Herbal Fen-Phen Just as Bad as the Banned Fen-Phen? By Gordon Gibb (Jun-30-09)
- Hydroxycut: Don't Assume Natural Means Safe By Heidi Turner (Jun-23-09)
- Hydroxycut User "Wouldn't Take it Again" By Heidi Turner (Jun-17-09)
- Former Bodybuilder Discusses Possible Hydroxycut Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jun-9-09)
- Hydroxycut Recall a Sign of Wanting Regulation By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-09)
- Hydroxycut Litigation Starts Packing On Heavyweight Attorneys By Brenda Craig (May-29-09)
- Lawsuit Filed Regarding Hydroxycut Supplements By Heidi Turner (May-25-09)
- Hydroxycut Recall: Couple Worried About Potential Side Effects By Heidi Turner (May-20-09)
- Hydroxycut Recall Leads to Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (May-13-09)
- Hydroxycut, Fen-phen and Ephedra: The Weight Loss Nightmare By Heidi Turner (May-8-09)
- Supplements Containing Ephedra Linked to Serious Side Effects By Heidi Turner (May-4-09)
- Hydroxycut Recalled After Death Reported By Gordon Gibb (May-2-09)
- Rize 2 The Occasion and Rose 4 Her Dietary Supplements Recalled By Heidi Turner (Aug-8-08)
- Brazilian Diet Pills: you could lose more than weight By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-06)
- Energy Drinks may need Strict Controls By Jane Mundy (Jan-8-06)
- Dietary Supplement L-arginine may cause Death By Jane Mundy (Jan-5-06)