LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Wrongful Death Legal News Articles & Interviews
September 2, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Tampa, FL Gaps in training are a likely cause of death and injury at the hands of police officers in the US according to one veteran police officer and instructor in law enforcement procedures. Tom Bosley, who served as a Florida law enforcement officer for over 30 years, says when deadly shootings make the headlines one of the first questions to be asked should be about the training the officer had to deal with that situation.Read [ Failure to Train is Core of Police Shooting Problems ]
July 12, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Corpus Christi, TX: Veteran attorneys Bob Hilliard and Steve Berman were already preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of victims of the Orlando gay nightclub shootings on June 12, 2016.Read [ Lawyers Target Makers of Assault-Style Guns ]
July 11, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Corpus Christi, TX: Top attorney Bob Hilliard was clearly shaken following the deadly rifle rampage by a rooftop sniper that killed five law enforcement officers in Dallas, Texas. Ironically, Hilliard’s firm is days away from filing a lawsuit against gun manufacturers on behalf of victims of the Orlando nightclub AK-47 assault rifle shooting.Read [ Deadly Dallas Shootings Underscore Lawsuit against Gun Makers ]
June 14, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Frisco, TX: Although there are a number of lawyers who have had suicide as a wrongful death suit, there is no one who focuses their entire practice on wrongful death by suicide like veteran Texas attorney, Skip Simpson.Read [ Suicide as a Wrongful Death or Medical Malpractice Suit ]
February 20, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Porter Ranch, CA: The family of a 79-year-old woman who died after the Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) leak in October has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the gas company. Although the victim suffered breathing problems prior to the gas leak, the wrongful death claim alleges the gas leak made the woman’s health problems worse and ultimately led to her early death.Read [ Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed against Southern California Gas Company ]
June 18, 2015. By The National Trial Lawyers.
Americans send 153.3 billion text messages every month. Text messaging has become an increasingly common form of phone use for many Americans.Read [ Texting Drivers Held Liable for Millions Creating Carnage on the Road ]
December 15, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Wrongful Death Suit Filed Over Ethicon Power Morcellation ]
Los Angeles, CA A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed by the family of a woman who underwent robot-assisted hysterectomy and uterine fibroid removal surgery, with a laparoscopic uterine surgery via power morcellator made by Ethicon, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson (J&J).
December 4, 2014. By The National Trial Lawyers.
A jury in the Second District Court of Utah returned a verdict for $1.6 million in a wrongful death and medical malpractice action against Intermountain Healthcare for fatally overdosing a patient with a cocktail of medications.Read [ Healthcare Network Liable for $1.6M for Overdosing Patient ]
August 29, 2014. By The National Trial Lawyers.
An Illinois Appellate Court recently held that an employer must defend against a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that it was negligent in failing to investigate death threats that its employee had emailed to his family from his work computer, and not subsequently protecting the family from the husband’s threatened harm, which resulted in their death. Regions Bank v. Joyce Meyer Ministries, Inc. 2014 IL App. (5th) 130193Read [ Employer Must Defend Against A Wrongful Death Lawsuit For Not Monitoring Employee Computer Use ]
May 21, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Brain Injury and Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Boogaard Family ]
Minneapolis, MN The family of Derek Boogaard, known as the “Enforcer,” has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the National Hockey League, blaming the organization for a number of brain injuries he suffered during his career, and also blaming the NHL for his subsequent addiction to narcotics.
- Obtain Full Case Value in Your Wrongful Death Lawsuit with the Help of Lawsuit Funding By Mark Bello (Jul-13-12)
- Pre-Settlement Lawsuit Funding Can Help Protect the Full Value a Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Mark Bello (Jun-15-12)
- Questionable Deaths Reported in Florida's Assisted Living Facilities By Lucy Campbell (May-11-11)
- Record Damages for Death of Alabama Policeman By Brenda Craig (Apr-21-11)
- Two-Year Old's Death Linked to Bacteria in Triad Medical Wipes By Lucy Campbell (Feb-15-11)
- Three Dead, Homes Destroyed in Allentown Gas Explosion By Lucy Campbell (Feb-10-11)
- Plane Crash in Iraq Kills 3 Americans By Lucy Campbell (Feb-7-11)
- Judge Allows Experts' Witnesses in Avandia Lawsuits By Lucy Campbell (Jan-20-11)
- Plane Crash in Wyoming Mountains Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Dec-28-10)
- Health Bill for 9/11 Responders Passes By Lucy Campbell (Dec-22-10)
- Fire Accident Kills 2 Chicago Firefighters By Lucy Campbell (Dec-22-10)
- Small Plane Crash in Bahamas Kills One By Lucy Campbell (Dec-16-10)
- Death by Overdose of 5 Children Prompts FDA Warning for Tessalon By Lucy Campbell (Dec-14-10)
- Plane Crash in Cuba Kills 68 By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- Halloween Car Crash Results in $6.5 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Nov-4-10)
- Second Child Dies of Overdose At Seattle's Children's Hospital By Lucy Campbell (Sep-29-10)
- Segway Millionaire Rides off Cliff and Dies By Lucy Campbell (Sep-27-10)
- Double Fault Ford Case Yields Record-Breaking Amount By Brenda Craig (Sep-12-10)
- Medical Helicopter Crash Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-31-10)
- Atlanta Offers $4.9 Million to End Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Aug-19-10)
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against BP And Toyota in Flash Fire By Brenda Craig (Aug-6-10)
- 14-Year Old Pedestrian Dies in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-28-10)
- E-Ferol Attorney Says Mothers Needed to Know Why Babies Died By Brenda Craig (Jul-14-10)
- Rochester Plane Crash Kills Three By Lucy Campbell (Jun-17-10)
- Father of Strangled Shoplifting Suspect Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Charles Benson (May-18-10)
- Hawaii Micro-light Crash Kills Two By Lucy Campbell (Apr-22-10)
- Boy Killed in Car Crash, Mother Goes to Court By Lucy Campbell (Apr-16-10)
- Final Four Coal Miners Found Dead By Heidi Turner (Apr-10-10)
- West Virginia Mine: Another Massey Energy Lawsuit? By Jane Mundy (Apr-9-10)
- West Virginia Coal Mine Explodes, Kills 25 By Lucy Campbell (Apr-6-10)
- Oregon Family Lands $1 Million Settlement in Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Charles Benson (Mar-23-10)
- Pilot Killed in Small Plane Crash By Lucy Campbell (Mar-22-10)
- Grieving Mother Receives $100,000 in Wrongful Death Damages from Louisiana Sheriff Department By Charles Benson (Dec-30-09)
- Grieving Family Launches Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-09)
- The Taser Attorney By Brenda Craig (Nov-21-09)
- Firm Takes Another Turn at Bat By Brenda Craig (Nov-20-09)
- Why Hazing Cases Don't Go Away By Brenda Craig (Oct-1-09)
- Family files wrongful death lawsuit against national fraternity By Charles Benson (Sep-29-09)
- Wrongful Death Compensation Ordered 28 Years After Death By Gordon Gibb (Sep-18-09)
- Just Go Ahead and Try to Sue the Coast Guard By Brenda Craig (Jul-8-09)