LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Trasylol Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 14, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ The Trials and Tribulations of Trasylol ]
St. Clair County, IL Trasylol heart failure, and the sad state of affairs behind the Trasylol story serves to paint a grim picture of the US pharmaceutical industry, and the regulators who are supposedly watching over it. Meantime, Trasylol kidney failure and various other Trasylol side effects are still an issue—that's because Trasylol was never banned. Bayer AG, the Trasylol manufacturer, simply agreed to stop actively marketing the drug. But there is no ban and no recall. The barn door is still open.
September 25, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Trasylol: In Their Own Words ]
Washington, DC The world by now knows all too well that Trasylol has all the hallmarks of a blockbuster movie—perhaps even with Tommy Lee Jones as the crusading researcher, Dr. Dennis Mangano. And the thousands of patients who died from Trasylol heart failure, Trasylol kidney failure and various other Trasylol side effects might finally get their due as the workings of a manufacturer, and a drug regulator are examined.
August 23, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Trasylol: Never Forget Joe Randone's Hellish Journey ]
New York, NY Two years ago this month Joe Randone died after receiving Trasylol for a heart operation. We should never, ever forget him—because there are as many as 22,000 people just like him.
June 16, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Trasylol "Devastating" ]
Cleveland Heights, OH Because Trasylol was approved so long ago, there are many people whose loved ones were affected by the drug but do not realize it. Barbara S. says her husband, Carson, had open heart surgery in 1998, but she is only now realizing that his serious health problems may have been caused by Trasylol.
June 7, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Trasylol: Pivotal Study Could Have Happened Sooner ]
New York, NY One of the lead authors of a pivotal Canadian study that most experts say will spell the end of Trasylol, has suggested that Bayer AG could have undertaken a similar study ten years ago. In that time, thousands have died.
June 6, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Trasylol: Not Too Late to Join a Lawsuit ]
Raleigh, NC Trasylol has become the latest in a long line of drugs to be pulled from the market because their risks outweigh their benefits. Trasylol, a drug used to prevent the need for blood transfusions, has been linked to kidney failure and coronary problems following open heart surgery. Patients are now filing lawsuits against Bayer, the maker of Trasylol, alleging that the drug maker hid Trasylol's true risks from medical professionals.
May 29, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Trasylol Recall Too Late For Many Patients ]
Rockville, MD Earlier this month, Bayer announced that it was recalling remaining Trasylol stocks from the US market. The move comes after repeated studies found that patients given Trasylol during open heart surgery had a higher risk of kidney failure, strokes and death than patients given a different drug.
May 25, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ It's Game Over for Trasylol, but Bayer Refuses to Fold ]
Washington, DC If Trasylol maker Bayer AG were into playing the odds, the Germany-based manufacturer is hedging its bets over its once-dominant anti-bleeding drug, even though most believe that the Canadian BART clinical trial has effectively sounded the death knell for a drug that has allegedly spelled death for thousands of heart patients.
May 23, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Remaining Trasylol Stocks Recalled ]
Washington, DC After repeated studies showed that patients who were given Trasylol had a higher risk of kidney failure, Bayer, maker of Trasylol, has started recalling remaining stocks of the drug in the US. Previously, Bayer had suspended marketing the drug, but had not recalled all stock of the drug. Meanwhile, the company faces lawsuits related to its handling of the drug.
May 15, 2008. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Could This Be the Final Nail in the Coffin for Trasylol? ]
Waltham, MA If Bayer was hoping for a miracle with regard to its much-maligned and dangerous drug Trasylol, those hopes were dashed today after the findings of a Canadian study were published in the May 14th edition of The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), effectively equating to a death sentence for the deadly anti-bleeding drug.
- Trasylol Tragedy Timeline: The Dates of Destiny By Gordon Gibb (May-11-08)
- Trasylol: "I've Gone Through Hell" By Heidi Turner (May-9-08)
- Bayer Faces New Battle of Drug Trasylol By Ginger Gillenwater (May-7-08)
- Trasylol: "This Shouldn't Have Happened" By Heidi Turner (May-3-08)
- Trasylol: Bayer Bracing for Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (May-2-08)
- Trasylol Death Unnecessary By Heidi Turner (May-1-08)
- Trasylol May Have Caused Advanced Kidney Failure By Heidi Turner (Apr-29-08)
- 2008 Bringing on More Trasylol Lawsuits By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-24-08)
- Trasylol: "We Need To Know About Those Risks" By Heidi Turner (Apr-19-08)
- Questions about Trasylol Since 1963 By Gordon Gibb (Apr-19-08)
- Trasylol: "A Horrible Death" By Heidi Turner (Apr-10-08)
- The Trasylol-BART Connection By Gordon Gibb (Apr-8-08)
- The Trasylol Tragedy: No Reprisals for Bayer By Gordon Gibb (Mar-31-08)
- New Trasylol Trial Halted Due to Deaths By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-29-08)
- Trasylol: A Child's Life Changed By Paul Halpern (Mar-28-08)
- Trasylol Studies Continue to Assess Kidney Failure Risk By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-27-08)
- Trasylol: "I was in a coma for three weeks." By Paul Halpern (Mar-26-08)
- FDA Did Not Certify Trasylol as Safe (Mar-25-08)
- The Tragedy of Trasylol: Did the FDA Stonewall Mangano? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-24-08)
- Is Trasylol Still Being Used? By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-22-08)
- Trasylol: "It's somebody's fault, it's not mine." By Paul Halpern (Mar-20-08)
- Bayer Now Facing 68 Trasylol Lawsuits (Mar-19-08)
- Trasylol: "Bayer Should Be Held Responsible" By Heidi Turner (Mar-15-08)
- Trasylol May Have Caused Wife's Kidney Failure By Heidi Turner (Mar-13-08)
- Trasylol: 10,000 Floridians at Risk By Gordon Gibb (Mar-10-08)
- Trasylol: Patients Seeking Medical Records By Heidi Turner (Mar-7-08)
- Trasylol Death and Injury Possibly Exceeds 10,000 in Florida By Ginger Gillenwater (Mar-6-08)
- Trasylol: Did it Cause Kidney Failure? By Heidi Turner (Mar-5-08)
- Bayer Claims New Studies on Trasylol are Flawed By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-27-08)
- Trasylol: "Making Everybody Scared" By Heidi Turner (Feb-26-08)
- Is Your Kidney Failure Due to Trasylol? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-25-08)
- Two New Studies Provide Evidence of Trasylol Dangers By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-22-08)
- Nearly a Third of Bypass Patients Given Trasylol By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-21-08)
- Legal Proceedings for Pharmaceutical Company Giant Bayer AG Underway due to Trasylol By Delsia Hartford (Feb-18-08)
- Trasylol: A Thousand Deaths a Month By Gordon Gibb (Feb-18-08)
- Researcher: Too Many Deaths Caused by Trasylol By Heidi Turner (Feb-16-08)
- 60 Minutes to Air Report on Trasylol and its Dangers By Ginger Gillenwater (Feb-16-08)
- Trasylol: "I Thought the Problems Were Just Me" By Heidi Turner (Feb-14-08)
- Trasylol Fiasco - FDA Fails To Protect Americans Again - Part II By Evelyn Pringle (Feb-4-08)
- Trasylol Fiasco - FDA Fails To Protect Americans Again - Part I By Evelyn Pringle (Feb-1-08)