LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Fosamax Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 21, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Generic Fosamax Injury Lawsuit to Proceed ]
Los Angeles, CA Teva Pharmaceuticals has been denied a hearing of its appeal against a lawsuit that claims the company failed to warn of the health risks linked to generic versions of the osteoporosis drug Fosamax. The appeal stems from a lawsuit brought by Olga Pikerie, who claims her fractured thighbone resulted from her prolonged use of generic Fosamax. Pikerie alleged that Teva and other generic makers hadn't brought their warnings in line with an update of the branded Fosamax's label.
December 11, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fosamax Femur Expiry Date: Five Years ]
Edwardsville, IL Sandra didn’t know until her second femur break that taking Fosamax for more than five years could actually do more harm than benefit. Now she needs a knee replacement, again due to Fosamax side effects.
November 20, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fosamax and Femur Fractures ]
Fort Lee, NJ In a recent Running & FitNews article, an athlete said she suffered several stress fractures in her tibia. She can’t understand how this could happen and neither can a number of specialists. She is also taking Fosamax to help prevent osteoporosis, a drug that may cause femur fractures, along with other bone injuries.
January 10, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fosamax ONJ Lawsuits Settle, Fracture Victim Hopeful ]
Seattle, WA In light of the recent offer by Merck to settle Fosamax lawsuits regarding osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ), Jean is hopeful that her Fosamax fracture claim will reach a settlement soon.
December 10, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Take a Break from Fosamax Before It Breaks You ]
Spiro, OK Despite experiencing serious Fosamax side effects such as jaw bone problems, and despite her doctor advising that she stop taking the osteoporosis drug after staying on it for five years, Shirley says that the state of Oklahoma is making her stay on Fosamax!
November 10, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Add Atrial Fibrillation to List of Fosamax Side Effects ]
New York, NY For the past few years, Fosamax has been associated with femur fractures and jaw necrosis, or death of the jaw bone. Add atrial fibrillation, also known as “Afib,” to the list of Fosamax side effects, and Fosamax risks would more than outweigh the benefits.
October 22, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fosamax Nearing Settlement? ]
New York, NY The recent news that Merck might be settling Fosamax lawsuits is “a glimmer of hope” for Mary, who suffered a Fosamax femur fracture back in 2008.
September 12, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Dentists Warn Patients About Fosamax ]
Honolulu, HI Jasmine had a clean bill of health from her dentist, not even a cavity in 54 years. But last year she had a wisdom tooth removed and her oral surgeon said she is suffering from “dead jaw,” which is a bone disease. Her dentist said that Fosamax is to blame.
August 13, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Patient Quits Fosamax: Are Doctors in Denial? ]
Omaha, NE Bev was prescribed Fosamax as a preventive measure for osteoporosis. Little did she know that rather than prevent and treat certain types of bone loss, Fosamax actually contributes to bone loss and jaw osteonecrosis, also known as “dead jaw.”
July 26, 2013. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ How Long Did Merck Know About Fosamax Femur Fractures? ]
Whitehouse Station, NJ Fosamax plaintiff Bernadette Glynn claimed in her Fosamax lawsuit that all she did was step over a chainsaw while retrieving lawn ornaments and gardening supplies. That one step left her with rods in her leg, necessary to repair a stress fracture that allegedly stemmed from the use of Fosamax.
- Fosamax On Again, Off Again By Jane Mundy (Jun-30-13)
- “You’re Better Off Drinking Battery Acid Than Taking Fosamax” By Jane Mundy (May-27-13)
- Fosamax Jury Trial Underway By Jane Mundy (Apr-23-13)
- Did Merck Know About Fosamax Fracture Risk? By Lucy Campbell (Apr-10-13)
- Fosamax Femur Fracture Trials Have Begun By Gordon Gibb (Mar-19-13)
- Fosamax Maker Loses Bellwether Trial By Heidi Turner (Feb-15-13)
- Fosamax Prescribed for Minor Conditions By Heidi Turner (Jan-19-13)
- A Fosamax Femur Fracture After Just Three Years By Gordon Gibb (Nov-16-12)
- Sticks and Stones (and Fosamax) May Break Your Bones… By Gordon Gibb (Oct-12-12)
- Boles Fosamax Lawsuit Reportedly Settled By Heidi Turner (Sep-20-12)
- Fosamax and Femur Fractures: "A Terrible Ordeal" By Heidi Turner (Aug-17-12)
- Study: Fosamax Linked to Increased Risk of Esophageal Cancer By Heidi Turner (Jul-30-12)
- Fosamax Femur Fracture an Emerging Epidemic: Professor By Gordon Gibb (Jul-4-12)
- Study: Fosamax Not Linked to Decreased Colon Cancer By Heidi Turner (Jun-18-12)
- FDA Issues New Information on Fosamax and other Bisphosphonates By Heidi Turner (May-18-12)
- LawyersandSettlements.com Alerts Public of Dangers of Popular Bone Loss Drugs including Fosamax By LAS Staff Writer (May-2-12)
- Merck Wins Fosamax Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Apr-19-12)
- Fosamax Lawsuit Heard in Court By Heidi Turner (Mar-20-12)
- Will 2012 Be a Year of Reckoning for Fosamax Lawsuits? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-3-12)
- Rare Thigh Fractures among Fosamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Jan-4-12)
- Despite Fosamax Lawsuit Losses, Settlement Talks Reportedly in the Works By Heidi Turner (Dec-18-11)
- New Warnings about Fosamax Side Effects Expected By Heidi Turner (Nov-12-11)
- More Fosamax Lawsuits Filed, despite Defendant Victories By Heidi Turner (Oct-26-11)
- Merck Wins Lawsuit despite Fosamax Side Effects Allegations By Charles Benson (Oct-12-11)
- Merck Wins Fosamax Side Effects Lawsuit; Plaintiff Plans to Appeal By Heidi Turner (Oct-7-11)
- FDA Panel Recommends Changes to Fosamax Side Effects Label By Heidi Turner (Sep-28-11)
- FDA Panels Advise Label Clarification to Prevent Fosamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Sep-19-11)
- The Case for a Fosamax Holiday By Gordon Gibb (Sep-14-11)
- FDA Panel to Discuss Fosamax Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Sep-9-11)
- FDA Reviewing Possible New Fosamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Aug-26-11)
- FDA Investigates Fosamax While MDL Committee Reportedly Meets By Heidi Turner (Aug-11-11)
- FDA to Study Fosamax Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jul-28-11)
- Retired Hawaii Teacher Files Lawsuit over Fosamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Jul-12-11)
- Risk for Fosamax Fracture Is Rare but "Very Real" By Gordon Gibb (Jun-24-11)
- Fosamax: Are the Benefits Worth the Risks? By Heidi Turner (Jun-16-11)
- Experts Shift Stances on Long-term Bone Drug Use over Fosamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (Jun-6-11)
- Fosamax: Safe and Risky at the Same Time By Gordon Gibb (May-25-11)
- Patient Says Fosamax Caused Multiple Fractures, Specialist Concurs By Jane Mundy (May-20-11)
- Louisiana Lawsuit Filed over Fosamax Side Effects By Charles Benson (May-9-11)
- Research Links Fosamax to Femur Fractures By Heidi Turner (Apr-30-11)