LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Risperdal Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 12, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: All eyes are on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, as justices with the highest hall of justice in the State debate whether, or not to hear an appeal of a lower court ruling that could put an undetermined number of Risperdal gynecomastia lawsuits currently housed in a mass tort, in jeopardy.Read [ Will Pennsylvania Supreme Court Hear Risperdal Time Bar Appeal? ]
February 9, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Albuquerque NM:When Daniel was 17 years old, life was good. He was the star of his high school baseball team, he was in top form. But within a few years his life went sideways and Daniel wound up in the psych ward, "forced" to take Risperdal.Read [ Risperdal Patient "Never asked for Gynecomastia or Weight Gain" ]
January 12, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
Philadelphia, PA: A ruling by three appeal court judges in Pennsylvania has turned the tables on Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and Janssen saying that some 5,500 Risperdal plaintiffs with cases consolidated in a state mass tort litigation have the right to pursue punitive damages.Read [ Game Changer Ruling for Risperdal Plaintiffs in Pennsylvania ]
December 18, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St Louis, MO: November was a good month for Risperdal gynecomastia plaintiffs, involving a multi-plaintiff case before a federal judge in St. Louis. And the only verdict that favored Johnson & Johnson in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas has been reversed.Read [ Victory for Risperdal Plaintiffs ]
November 27, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: There are further details available as to the reversal, earlier this month of a Risperidal side effects defense verdict originally delivered in a Risperdal case from 2015. The finding for the defense also served to deny the plaintiff of any chance for a new trial. Thanks to the findings of a judiciary panel of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania on November 13, not only is the original defense verdict vacated, but the plaintiff will get a new trial after all.Read [ Risperdal Defense Verdict Overturned Due to “Erroneous Evidentiary Rulings” ]
November 15, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Philadelphia, PA: The makers of Risperdal, Janssen Pharmaceuticals and its parent company Johnson & Johnson (J&J) must face a retrial of a lawsuit alleging their anti-psychotic drug Risperdal caused the plaintiff, a young man referred to as WC, to grow female-like breasts.Read [ New Risperdal Trial Ordered ]
October 27, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Syracuse, NY: A federal jury at the beginning of October found that Johnson & Johnson and Janssen, the Risperdal manufacturer, failed to warn about gynecomastia to doctors and patients and awarded a young man $1million.Read [ Gynecomastia Risperdal Plaintiff Wins First Lawsuit Outside Philadelphia Court ]
October 11, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Syracuse, NY: One of the few Risperdal lawsuits to be tried outside Philadelphia has resulted in a win for the plaintiff, a resident of Troy in New York State who was awarded $1 million in compensation. A jury in US District Court, Northern District of New York delivered their verdict in the trial on September 27, awarding 24-year-old Shaquil Byrd $500,000 for past and/or present pain and suffering, as well as an additional $500,000 for future pain and suffering.Read [ New York State Risperdal Plaintiff Awarded $1 Million ]
September 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: As the manufacturer of Risperdal (risperidone) continues their attempts to have a recent plaintiff verdict overturned, the Pennsylvania state judge assigned to the case explained last month why he denied a request by Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. for a new trial in the Risperdal side effects lawsuit.Read [ Risperdal Judge Explains Reasons for Denying Janssen a New Trial ]
September 11, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New York, NY: The plaintiff in a Risperdal lawsuit who faced a petition for summary judgement on the part of the manufacturer, won the right to pursue the majority of his claims following a ruling by a New York judge that testimony by an expert witness is admissible, and may stand.Read [ Risperdal Plaintiff Green Lighted to Pursue Risperdal Lawsuit in New York ]
- Philadelphia Judge Refuses to Overturn $2.5 Million Risperdal Plaintiff Verdict By Gordon Gibb (Aug-23-17)
- Father Worries about his Incarcerated Son with Risperdal “Female Boobs” By Jane Mundy (Aug-9-17)
- Risperdal Now the Fastest-Growing Mass Tort Program By Jane Mundy (Jul-24-17)
- One Year after Blockbuster Risperdal Gynecomastia Award, Lawsuits Now Top 20,000 By Gordon Gibb (Jul-11-17)
- Risperdal Lawsuit Hit 18,000 and Climbing, Status Update Due in July By Gordon Gibb (Jun-25-17)
- Seeking Help Difficult for Bipolar Man with Risperdal “Man Boobs” By Jane Mundy (Jun-14-17)
- Risperdal Victims Candid Photographs Speak Volumes By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- Risperdal Lawsuit Plaintiff Up for a Third Try By Gordon Gibb (May-4-17)
- Yet Another Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed in Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Apr-30-17)
- Latest Risperdal Trial Restarted After Health Emergency Resulted in a Mistrial By Gordon Gibb (Apr-7-17)
- Recent Risperdal Lawsuit Tossed, Plaintiffs Plan to Appeal By Gordon Gibb (Mar-20-17)
- Number of Pending Risperdal Lawsuits Grows to 18,500 Cases By Deb Hipp (Mar-7-17)
- Risperdal Case Load Shows No Sign of Slowing Down By Gordon Gibb (Feb-21-17)
- Canadian Study Finds 12 Percent of ADHD Youth Prescribed Antipsychotic Drugs Such as Risperdal By Deb Hipp (Feb-10-17)
- Risperdal Litigation Second Largest By Jane Mundy (Jan-29-17)
- Seventh Risperdal Gynecomastia Case Settled Prior to Trial By Gordon Gibb (Jan-10-17)
- Risperdal for Kids Reaps Big Bucks—but for how long? By Jane Mundy (Dec-29-16)
- Latest Bellwether Risperdal Lawsuit Underway in Philadelphia By Gordon Gibb (Dec-10-16)
- Risperdal Awards Add Up For Plaintiffs By Heidi Turner (Nov-29-16)
- Don’t Read Anything into $70 Million Risperdal Settlement: Attorney By Gordon Gibb (Nov-22-16)
- Settlement Reached in Risperdal Gynecomastia Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Nov-2-16)
- Risperdal Side Effects Lawsuits Hinge on Appeal of Limitations Ruling By Gordon Gibb (Oct-27-16)
- Risperdal – The Cost of Teasing and Statute of Limitations By Jane Mundy (Oct-24-16)
- Johnson & Johnson’s Tale of Two Profit Makers: Risperdal and Relieva By Jane Mundy (Sep-18-16)
- Thousands of Risperdal Lawsuit Allege Risperdal Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Sep-9-16)
- Risperdal and Growing Male Breasts a Continuing Issue By Gordon Gibb (Aug-31-16)
- Young Man Prescribed Risperdal for being a “Little Hellion” By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-16)
- Risperdal Plaintiffs Prevail By Jane Mundy (Aug-1-16)
- How Deep Are the Risperdal Maker’s Pockets? By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-16)
- $70M Settlement Awarded in Risperdal Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (Jul-5-16)
- Another Risperdal Lawsuit Filed, J&J on the Hook for Billions in Fines By Jane Mundy (Jun-29-16)
- Risperdal Punitive Damages? By Jane Mundy (May-31-16)
- Risperdal Lawsuits Favor Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Apr-27-16)
- Kentucky Risperdal Lawsuit Settles for $15.5 Million By Gordon Gibb (Mar-28-16)
- Risperdal Lawsuits beyond Statute of Limitations? By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-16)
- US Supreme Court Won’t Hear Risperdal Appeal By Heidi Turner (Jan-29-16)
- Risperdal Lawsuits: 3 for Plaintiffs, 1 for Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (Dec-23-15)
- Good News for Risperdal Gynecomastia Victims By Jane Mundy (Nov-17-15)
- A statement from Jason Itkin of Arnold & Itkin regarding Risperdal litigation By LAS Staff Writer (Oct-28-15)
- Risperdal Criminals By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-15)