LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONHome Page >> Texas Employment Law >> Articles
Texas Employment Law Articles
July 26, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Texas Employee Files Lawsuit for Unpaid Wages ]
Texarkana, TX A Texas employment lawsuit has been filed in Texas, alleging Harte-Hanks failed to properly pay employees for all hours worked. The Texas labor lawsuit was filed by an employee who worked at the company’s call center in Texarkana, Texas, and alleges that she and other employees were not paid for all time spent logging in to call systems or all time in administrative tasks at the end of the shift.
October 4, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Microsoft to Pay $2 Million in Workplace Bullying Case ]
Austin, TXMichael Mercieca kept the faith and after seven years finally saw the courts order Microsoft to pay for bullying him to a near breaking point.
August 19, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ An Interview with Michael Mercieca—The Man Who Fought Microsoft and Won ]
Austin, TX It is hard to imagine what Michael Mercieca’s life has been like the last seven years.
Robert “Bob” French, Beloved Bryan/College Station Chief Meteorologist Files Federal Lawsuit Against KBTX
July 28, 2014. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Robert “Bob” French, Beloved Bryan/College Station Chief Meteorologist Files Federal Lawsuit Against KBTX ]
Bryan/College Station, TX, July 28, 2014 (Press Release) Robert “Bob” French, Chief Meteorologist and Weathercaster employed by CBS affiliate KBTX in Bryan and College Station for 23 years has filed a federal lawsuit against KBTX claiming breach of contract, age and disability discrimination, harassment and retaliation as well as violations against the Federal Medical Leave Act.
LawyersandSettlements.com Interviews Attorney Roy Pollack About The Recent Microsoft Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Decision
July 16, 2014. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ LawyersandSettlements.com Interviews Attorney Roy Pollack About The Recent Microsoft Wrongful Termination Lawsuit Decision ]
After a drawn-out legal battle in Texas, a decision for the plaintiff was returned by the jury in the Microsoft wrongful termination lawsuit. LawyersandSettlements.com recently interviewed one of the plaintiff’s attorneys, Roy Pollack, to learn more about the case.Austin, TX (July 16, 2014):
July 1, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Plaintiffs in Texas Lawsuit Seek Pay for Riding Company Bus ]
Beaumont, TX A large number of Texas-based employees associated with RMF Nooter Inc. are unhappy with their employer with regard to a lack of compensation for travel time, and are participating in a class-action lawsuit citing violations to Texas Employment and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
June 12, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Texas Employment: Construction Workers Subject to Violations of Their Rights ]
San Antonio, TX If you take any given industry, there is an expectation that some employers will violate workers’ rights and treat employees unfairly. When it comes to Texas employment, however, construction workers appear to be victims of rampant violations of state and federal labor laws. That's according to a 2013 report that examined how construction workers in the state are treated, and how their Texas employment rights are violated.
May 29, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Texas Employment Law: Independent Contractors vs. Employees ]
Dallas, TX It's a situation that occurs again and again: in violation of federal and state labor laws, employees are misclassified as independent contractors. While the problem may seem small, it means that employers across the country, including in Texas, may be underpaying their workers and not providing them with proper benefits. This is why lawsuits alleging violations of Texas employment law have sprung up, with employees attempting to protect their rights under Texas labor law.
May 23, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Bullied Microsoft Employee Gave His “Heart and Soul” to the Company ]
Austin, TX The jury in a high-drama Texas employment lawsuit recently ordered Microsoft to pay $11.6 million to Michael Mercieca, a former senior sales executive who successfully sued the super company for allowing a group of employees to create a hostile work environment where Mercieca was harassed, bullied and retaliated against.
May 15, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Plaintiffs in Texas Employment Lawsuit Settle “Souper” Wage Dispute ]
Carrolton, TX A nationally recognized and well-known restaurant chain with roots in Texas has been hit with a Texas Employment class-action lawsuit alleging that tipped workers have been underpaid, a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other statutes.
- Microsoft Hit with $11.6M Verdict for Wrongful Termination of Star Salesman By The National Trial Lawyers (May-13-14)
- Texas Wage and Hour Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Apr-30-14)
- Texas Employment Lawsuit Alleges Wage and Hour Infractions By Gordon Gibb (Apr-16-14)
- Woman Sues BP Over Alleged Violations of Texas Labor Law By Charles Benson (Apr-5-11)
- Texas Employer Sued for Lack of Layoff Notice By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-11)
- Disabled Man Sues School District for Alleged Texas Labor Law Violations By Charles Benson (Feb-13-11)
- Texas Employment Case: Deployed and Dismissed By Gordon Gibb (Jan-26-11)
- Former Employees Claim Texas Charter School Violated Texas Labor Law By Charles Benson (Dec-23-10)
- Galveston Manufacturing Facility Slammed for Texas Employment Safety By Gordon Gibb (Dec-13-10)
- Texas Employment Lawsuits Allege Discrimination By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-10)
- Texas Supreme Court Orders Arbitration in Disability Discrimination Case By Charles Benson (Nov-10-10)
- Texas Labor Law Case to Go To Arbitration By Charles Benson (Oct-21-10)
- What Really Is Behind Texas Employment Case? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-11-10)
- Texas Labor Law Doesn't Require Employers to Carry Worker's Compensation By Charles Benson (Sep-26-10)
- Employee of Texas-Based Chain Wins $8.1 Million By Gordon Gibb (Sep-10-10)
- State Legislators Ponder Changes to Texas Labor Laws By Charles Benson (Aug-24-10)
- Fired Detention Officer Sues Under Texas Labor Law, Seeks Reinstatement By Gordon Gibb (Aug-10-10)
- Policy Book Told Workers Not to Expect Overtime By Brenda Craig (Jan-29-10)
- Arrow Trucking Disregards Texas Employment and its Employees, Lawsuit Filed By Jane Mundy (Jan-12-10)
- Texas Employment Law Can be Tricky By Jane Mundy (Jan-6-10)
- Texas Employment Law: Don't Wait to Take Your PTO By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-10)
- Four Contractors Cited in Texas Employment Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Dec-18-09)
- British Company Will Pay Nearly $400,000 for Violating Texas Labor Law By Charles Benson (Dec-2-09)
- BP fined $87 million for violating Texas labor law By Charles Benson (Nov-4-09)
- Texas employment lawsuit may yield workers $5.5 million in back pay By Charles Benson (Oct-25-09)
- Texas Employment Law: Right-To-Work By Heidi Turner (Sep-9-09)