LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONAutomotive
Legal News Articles - Automotive
July 12, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Airbag Failure Leaves Canadian Scratching His Head ]
Hamilton, ON A recent addition to the General Motors lineup advertised as making a significant impact around the globe, did not leave the best impression on the owner of a Chevrolet Cruze when an impact failed to deploy one of the car's ten on-board airbags. The failure leaves the frustrated owner to stew about the potential for defective airbags, and what may have happened if the accident had been any worse than it actually was…
June 2, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Airbag Recall Announced ]
Detroit, MI In the realm of things that can go wrong, having an airbag recall brought about by defective airbags is probably high on the list of things that consumers want to avoid. After all, airbags are supposed to prevent injuries, not cause them. But airbag injuries have reportedly caused serious harm to passengers in vehicles, resulting in airbag lawsuits against car manufacturers.
March 12, 2012. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Airbag Injuries Can Occur Even When They Work ]
Detroit, MI When it comes to airbags, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Not having them could get you killed or severely injured. But having them could result in airbag injuries.
February 29, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney: Many People Seriously Injured by Defective Airbags ]
Orlando, FL Since the advent of airbags, car companies have made a big deal about providing cars that are safer because of features such as side curtain airbags, side impact airbags, driver side airbags and passenger side airbags. The problem, however, is when people suffer airbag injuries because of defective airbags. According to Raymond Bodiford, senior partner at Bodiford Law Group, serious injuries can occur when an airbag fails to work as intended.
January 21, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Honda Expands Defective Airbag Recall ]
Cleveland, OH As anyone who has suffered from airbag injuries can tell you, having properly working side impact airbags and steering wheel airbags is vital to safety. People with defective airbags can suffer serious injury, both in cases when the airbag fails to deploy and in situations where the airbag deploys without reason. A recent airbag recall highlights the dangers of defective airbags.
November 2, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New Generation of "Advanced" Airbags—Better or Worse? ]
Detroit, MI As vehicle manufacturers are adding "new and improved" airbags—including side airbags and curtain airbags—to their vehicles (the NHTSA gave automobile manufacturers until 2012 to provide advanced airbags), these airbags are also causing accidents. While some airbags do not deploy in a collision, others deploy without the vehicle being involved in an accident.
July 15, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Chrysler Recalls Nearly a Quarter Million Trucks ]
Detroit, MI Various complaints have dogged Chrysler with regard to steering problems inherent with some of their trucks. This week, the manufacturer made it official and pulled the trigger on a voluntary recall of nearly quarter million Ram pickups over the potential for "loss of directional stability," according to Chrysler.
June 26, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Six Dead in Amtrak Collision ]
Lovelock, NV Six people have died in a horrific train accident in Nevada. The train crash occurred when a tractor-trailer collided with an Amtrak train on Friday.
April 8, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Blue Bird Recalls 3900 School Buses ]
Washington, DC Blue Bird Body Co, a manufacturer of school buses, is recalling 3,919 certain model year 2004-2006 Vision Conventional style school buses manufactured from June 26, 2003.
March 24, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Four Injured in Springfield Car Accident ]
Springfield, MO Four people were injured and one man is in serious condition after a recent Springfield car accident involving two vehicles, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
- Honda Recalls 18,000 Civics By Lucy Campbell (Mar-18-11)
- Thirteen People Dead in Bus Crash By Heidi Turner (Mar-12-11)
- Missouri Accidents Blamed on Weather Forecast By Heidi Turner (Mar-4-11)
- Mazda Recalls 52,000 Vehicles due to Spiders in the Fuel Tanks By Lucy Campbell (Mar-3-11)
- Massive Accident in Lincoln Tunnel Injures 30 By Lucy Campbell (Feb-24-11)
- Toyota Recalls 2.17 Million Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Feb-24-11)
- Ford Recalls 150,000 F150 Pickups in US and Canada By Lucy Campbell (Feb-23-11)
- Honda Recalls 97,000 Fits By Lucy Campbell (Feb-17-11)
- Bus Driver Involved in St. Louis Accident Could Be Fired By Charles Benson (Feb-17-11)
- GM Recalls Over 11,000 Cadillac XTS Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Feb-16-11)
- Winter Weather Takes Toll in Missouri Accidents By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-11)
- Toyota SUA Deaths: Electronics not at Fault By Lucy Campbell (Feb-8-11)
- Ford Recalls 425,288 Windstar Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Jan-27-11)
- Toyota Recalls Lexus Vehicles for Potential Fuel Leaks By Lucy Campbell (Jan-26-11)
- 65,000 Chrysler Dodge 2007-2008 Vehicles Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Dec-30-10)
- Chrysler Recalls 56,600 Dodge Ram Trucks By Lucy Campbell (Dec-30-10)
- GM Recalls 100,000 Cars and Trucks By Lucy Campbell (Dec-23-10)
- Toyota To Pay $32 Million Over Vehicle Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Dec-21-10)
- Serious Injuries in Bus Crash By Heidi Turner (Dec-19-10)
- Volkswagen Recalls 228,000 Jetta, Golf and Rabbit Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Dec-15-10)
- Toyota Recalls 94,000 Sienna Minivans By Lucy Campbell (Dec-14-10)
- Accident Kills 5, Police Looking for Driver By Lucy Campbell (Nov-15-10)
- Nissan Recalls More Than a Half-Million Vehicles By Gordon Gibb (Nov-12-10)
- Yet Another Toyota Recall By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-10)
- Mercedes-Benz Recalls 85,000 Vehicles for Power Steering Defect By Lucy Campbell (Oct-11-10)
- Lack of Fence near Shopping Center Could Result in Further Missouri Accident Injury By Gordon Gibb (Oct-5-10)
- NHTSA Investigates Rusty Fuel Tank Straps in Ford F-150 Pickups By Lucy Campbell (Sep-13-10)
- Double Fault Ford Case Yields Record-Breaking Amount By Brenda Craig (Sep-12-10)
- Ford Recalls 575,000 Windstar Minivans By Lucy Campbell (Aug-27-10)
- Toyota Recalls 1.3 Million Toyota Corollas and Corolla Matrix By Lucy Campbell (Aug-26-10)
- Washington Car Crash Proves Fatal By Gordon Gibb (Aug-20-10)
- Eight Dead at California 200 By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-10)
- Tour Bus Crash Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- Three Car Accident Kills Six Students By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- Honda Issues Massive Recalls in US and Canada By Lucy Campbell (Aug-9-10)
- Congressman Luetkemeyer's Daughter-In-Law Killed in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Aug-4-10)
- Toyota Recalls 400,000 for Steering Defect By Gordon Gibb (Jul-29-10)
- Fifteen-Passenger Vans Targeted in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Jul-24-10)
- Teenage Girl Killed in Missouri Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-23-10)
- Toyota Again Under Fire, Subpoenaed by US Federal Grand Jury By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-10)