Legal News Articles - Automotive
November 2, 2011. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New Generation of "Advanced" Airbags—Better or Worse? ]
Detroit, MI As vehicle manufacturers are adding "new and improved" airbags—including side airbags and curtain airbags—to their vehicles (the NHTSA gave automobile manufacturers until 2012 to provide advanced airbags), these airbags are also causing accidents. While some airbags do not deploy in a collision, others deploy without the vehicle being involved in an accident.
July 15, 2011. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Chrysler Recalls Nearly a Quarter Million Trucks ]
Detroit, MI Various complaints have dogged Chrysler with regard to steering problems inherent with some of their trucks. This week, the manufacturer made it official and pulled the trigger on a voluntary recall of nearly quarter million Ram pickups over the potential for "loss of directional stability," according to Chrysler.
June 26, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Six Dead in Amtrak Collision ]
Lovelock, NV Six people have died in a horrific train accident in Nevada. The train crash occurred when a tractor-trailer collided with an Amtrak train on Friday.
April 8, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Blue Bird Recalls 3900 School Buses ]
Washington, DC Blue Bird Body Co, a manufacturer of school buses, is recalling 3,919 certain model year 2004-2006 Vision Conventional style school buses manufactured from June 26, 2003.
March 24, 2011. By Charles Benson.
Read [ Four Injured in Springfield Car Accident ]
Springfield, MO Four people were injured and one man is in serious condition after a recent Springfield car accident involving two vehicles, according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
March 18, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Honda Recalls 18,000 Civics ]
Washington, DC Honda is recalling 18,056 Honda Civic model year 2011 vehicles. To prevent fuel from leaking out of a vehicle's fuel tank into the evaporative emissions canister in the event of a roll-over incident, the fuel pump module is equipped with a roll over valve (ROV). Due to improper ultrasonic welding of the plastic case that houses the ROV within the fuel pump module, the case material may break or crack, which may cause the ROV to separate from the case and fail to function, thereby increasing the risk of fuel leakage in a roll-over incident.
March 12, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Thirteen People Dead in Bus Crash ]
New York, NY At least thirteen people died in a bus crash when the bus they were traveling in rolled onto its side and was sliced in half by a support pole for a large sign. In addition to the thirteen killed in the bus accident, another eight were in critical condition. The bus crashed on March 12 on a busy highway in the Bronx.
March 4, 2011. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Missouri Accidents Blamed on Weather Forecast ]
St. Louis, MO What could have been one of the most tragic Missouri car accidents resulted in 20 people being sent to hospitals in and around St. Louis at the end of February. In all, 31 cars were involved in the Missouri car crash, which could have had much worse consequences for drivers and passengers. Like many Missouri traffic accidents at this time of year, officials say weather was at least partly to blame.
March 3, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Mazda Recalls 52,000 Vehicles due to Spiders in the Fuel Tanks ]
Washington, DC Mazda Motor Corp is recalling about 52,000 Mazda6 vehicles model year 2009-2010 manufactured from April through February 8, 2010. A certain type of spider may weave a web in the evaporative canister vent line and this may cause a restriction in the line.
February 24, 2011. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Massive Accident in Lincoln Tunnel Injures 30 ]
Weehawken, NJ A massive accident in the Lincoln Tunnel involving a motorcycle, two buses, and a jitney has resulted in 30 people being injured, including the motorcyclist who is reportedly in hospital in critical condition.
- Toyota Recalls 2.17 Million Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Feb-24-11)
- Ford Recalls 150,000 F150 Pickups in US and Canada By Lucy Campbell (Feb-23-11)
- Honda Recalls 97,000 Fits By Lucy Campbell (Feb-17-11)
- Bus Driver Involved in St. Louis Accident Could Be Fired By Charles Benson (Feb-17-11)
- GM Recalls Over 11,000 Cadillac XTS Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Feb-16-11)
- Winter Weather Takes Toll in Missouri Accidents By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-11)
- Toyota SUA Deaths: Electronics not at Fault By Lucy Campbell (Feb-8-11)
- Ford Recalls 425,288 Windstar Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Jan-27-11)
- Toyota Recalls Lexus Vehicles for Potential Fuel Leaks By Lucy Campbell (Jan-26-11)
- 65,000 Chrysler Dodge 2007-2008 Vehicles Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Dec-30-10)
- Chrysler Recalls 56,600 Dodge Ram Trucks By Lucy Campbell (Dec-30-10)
- GM Recalls 100,000 Cars and Trucks By Lucy Campbell (Dec-23-10)
- Toyota To Pay $32 Million Over Vehicle Recalls By Lucy Campbell (Dec-21-10)
- Serious Injuries in Bus Crash By Heidi Turner (Dec-19-10)
- Volkswagen Recalls 228,000 Jetta, Golf and Rabbit Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Dec-15-10)
- Toyota Recalls 94,000 Sienna Minivans By Lucy Campbell (Dec-14-10)
- Accident Kills 5, Police Looking for Driver By Lucy Campbell (Nov-15-10)
- Nissan Recalls More Than a Half-Million Vehicles By Gordon Gibb (Nov-12-10)
- Yet Another Toyota Recall By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-10)
- Mercedes-Benz Recalls 85,000 Vehicles for Power Steering Defect By Lucy Campbell (Oct-11-10)
- Lack of Fence near Shopping Center Could Result in Further Missouri Accident Injury By Gordon Gibb (Oct-5-10)
- NHTSA Investigates Rusty Fuel Tank Straps in Ford F-150 Pickups By Lucy Campbell (Sep-13-10)
- Double Fault Ford Case Yields Record-Breaking Amount By Brenda Craig (Sep-12-10)
- Ford Recalls 575,000 Windstar Minivans By Lucy Campbell (Aug-27-10)
- Toyota Recalls 1.3 Million Toyota Corollas and Corolla Matrix By Lucy Campbell (Aug-26-10)
- Washington Car Crash Proves Fatal By Gordon Gibb (Aug-20-10)
- Eight Dead at California 200 By Heidi Turner (Aug-15-10)
- Tour Bus Crash Kills 3 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- Three Car Accident Kills Six Students By Lucy Campbell (Aug-10-10)
- Honda Issues Massive Recalls in US and Canada By Lucy Campbell (Aug-9-10)
- Congressman Luetkemeyer's Daughter-In-Law Killed in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Aug-4-10)
- Toyota Recalls 400,000 for Steering Defect By Gordon Gibb (Jul-29-10)
- Fifteen-Passenger Vans Targeted in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Jul-24-10)
- Teenage Girl Killed in Missouri Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-23-10)
- Toyota Again Under Fire, Subpoenaed by US Federal Grand Jury By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-10)
- Baja Motorsports Recalls Mini Bikes and Go-Carts By Lucy Campbell (Jul-15-10)
- Family Launches Wrongful Death Suit after Recent Texas Car Crash By Gordon Gibb (Jul-9-10)
- Two Infants Injured in Missouri Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-7-10)
- Woman Sent Hurtling From Car in Jefferson Car Accident By Lucy Campbell (Jul-2-10)
- Toyota to Recall 17,000 2010 HS250h Lexus Vehicles By Lucy Campbell (Jul-1-10)