LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
South Carolina Legal News Articles & Interviews
Law Firms Watching Actemra Story
September 20, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Denver, CO: Law firms across the US are taking a serious interest in a recent investigative piece of journalism by STAT news published on June 5, 2017 which revealed, “The Food and Drug Administration has received reports on 1,128 people who died after taking Actemra, and has reviewed its safety several times since it was approved. But the agency doesn’t have sophisticated tools to determine whether the drug was a culprit or a bystander in those deaths.”Read [ Law Firms Watching Actemra Story ]
California Saxagliptin Lawsuit Plaintiffs Score Big Procedural Win
August 11, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
Washington, DC:Saxagliptin lawsuit plaintiffs just got a big victory. The fact that they can sue in California courts under California law will affect whether and how much they can recover for the injuries they have suffered.Read [ California Saxagliptin Lawsuit Plaintiffs Score Big Procedural Win ]
South Carolina Stockert 3T Lawsuits Won't Head to MDL
May 22, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Greenville, SC: The U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML) will not allow a large group of federally filed lawsuits concerning the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system to be consolidated in one court for more efficient handling.Read [ South Carolina Stockert 3T Lawsuits Won't Head to MDL ]
Why Your Cell Phone Matters: 5 Lessons from the United Airlines PR Disaster
April 25, 2017. By Attorney Bill Green, Green Law Firm.
North Charleston, SC:You’d have to be under a rock the last week to have missed the story of David Dao, a Chinese-American passenger who was forcibly removed from an overbooked United Airlines flight after resisting his removal. The media has been all over this blatant example of excessive force; and so they should. It’s violent, visceral, and reminds us that everyday people can be pushed around by the systems of “big companies” whether they like it or not.Read [ Why Your Cell Phone Matters: 5 Lessons from the United Airlines PR Disaster ]
More Warnings Sent Out About Stockert Heater-Coolers
January 27, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
Pittsburgh, PA: As additional Stockert heater-cooler lawsuits are filed, more warnings are being sent out about the devices, warning patients that they may have been exposed to contaminants thanks to the use of the Stockert 3T devices. Hospitals across the US are sending out letters concerning the potential risk of infection in patients who underwent open-heard surgery procedures that involved Stockert heater-coolers.Read [ More Warnings Sent Out About Stockert Heater-Coolers ]
Parents Face Pool Drowning Nightmare
January 6, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
Easley, SC: Having a backyard pool might be a child's dream, but for parents, above-ground or in-ground pools can be a nightmare. Too many parents know the horror of losing a child in an above-ground or in-ground pool drowning. And whether the tragedy happens in their own backyard, in a neighbor's yard, or at a resort, parents never get over the horror of losing their child.Read [ Parents Face Pool Drowning Nightmare ]
Risperdal for Kids Reaps Big Bucks—but for how long?
December 29, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Baltimore, MD: Johnson & Johnson is accused of targeting Risperdal marketing towards children and teenagers, to the extent that the antipsychotic drug has been prescribed to treat anxiety in children. But some of those boys who developed gynecomastia, a non-cancerous increase in the size of male breast tissue, now suffer from depression and chances are, J&J has a drug for that too.Read [ Risperdal for Kids Reaps Big Bucks—but for how long? ]
More Hospitals, Not FDA, Warn Patients of Stockert 3T Heater Cooler Infection Risk
December 10, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Springfield, MA: Hospitals across the US are warning cardiac patients of a potential infection risk if they had surgery involving the Stockert 3T heater-cooler system. Some hospitals have discontinued using the device and Stockert 3T lawsuits are being filed.Read [ More Hospitals, Not FDA, Warn Patients of Stockert 3T Heater Cooler Infection Risk ]
Hospital Overcharges Up in the Air
December 8, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Lubbock, NM: Not only do hospitals overcharge patients, mostly uninsured patients, for emergency room visits. One air ambulance company that provides emergency air medical service is facing several class action lawsuits alleging overpricing.Read [ Hospital Overcharges Up in the Air ]
Stockert 3T Heater Concerns Rising, Not Awareness
November 26, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Leesburg, FL: Hospitals across the US and Canada that use the LivaNova PLC Stockert 3T heater-cooler system during open-heart surgery are warning patients—who had surgery as far back as 2011— that they may be at risk of a rare and potentially life-threatening bacterial infection called nontuberculous mycobacterium or ‘NTM.’Read [ Stockert 3T Heater Concerns Rising, Not Awareness ]
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler System: A Condensed Time Frame By Jane Mundy (Nov-16-16)
- Another Airbag Lawsuit Filed Against Takata By Heidi Turner (Oct-3-16)
- US Supreme Court Won’t Hear Risperdal Appeal By Heidi Turner (Jan-29-16)
- New Study Suggests Diabetes Risk with High-Potency Statins (Lipitor) By Gordon Gibb (Jun-24-13)
- Mirena Side Effects Lead to Early Hysterectomy for Young Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (Jun-17-13)
- Inspections Show Serious Incidences of Care Center Abuse By Heidi Turner (Jan-17-13)
- Dental Malpractice: How Can Three Become Sixteen? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-2-11)
- Funeral Held for South Carolina Boy Killed in Amusement Park Accident By Charles Benson (Mar-29-11)
- Six-Year-Old Killed on Miniature Train Ride Accident By Lucy Campbell (Mar-21-11)
- Small Plane Crash Kills 2 By Lucy Campbell (Jan-18-11)
- Man Claims Side Effects Other Than Zoloft Birth Defects By Charles Benson (Dec-28-10)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Food in 19 States By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-10)
- Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk By Lucy Campbell (Dec-20-10)
- Decorated War Hero Rescued From His Veteran's PTSD By Gordon Gibb (Sep-16-10)
- Proton Pump Inhibitors Not for Long-Term Use By Heidi Turner (Sep-15-10)
- Pilot Who Died in Plane Crash Not Rated to Fly at Night By Gordon Gibb (Jul-23-10)
- "Both My Boys have Spinal Problems and Autism Caused by Depakote" By Jane Mundy (Jun-13-10)
- One Dead, One Injured in South Carolina Helicopter Crash By Charles Benson (May-11-10)
- Romaine Lettuce Products Recalled due to Possible E. Coli Contamination By Lucy Campbell (May-7-10)
- Asbestos Disease – Please Be It Resolved By Brenda Craig (Apr-15-10)
- AirTran Airways Ruins Christmas Vacation By Brenda Craig (Apr-9-10)
- Authorities Still Searching for Cause of South Carolina Plane Crash that Killed Jogger By Charles Benson (Apr-2-10)
- Small Plane Kills Jogger While Making Emergency Landing By Gordon Gibb (Mar-16-10)
- Arabic Soldiers Cleared of Food Poisoning Allegations at Fort Jackson By Charles Benson (Mar-4-10)
- Did Charles Schwab Help a Ponzi Schemer? By Brenda Craig (Jan-7-10)
- Pfizer Hides Chantix Side Effects in Ads By Charles Benson (Jan-6-10)
- Cepia May Have Avoided Defective Product Personal Injury Lawsuits over Zhu Zhu Hamsters By Charles Benson (Dec-18-09)
- British Company Will Pay Nearly $400,000 for Violating Texas Labor Law By Charles Benson (Dec-2-09)
- Sometimes Both Sides Win in Bad Faith Insurance Law By Gordon Gibb (Oct-3-09)
- Medical Helicopter Crashes, Killing Crew By Jane Mundy (Sep-27-09)
- Resort Company Accused of Inaction Over Reverse Workplace Sexual Harassment Case By Gordon Gibb (Sep-18-09)
- South Carolina Tax Firm Taken to Task by Texas By Gordon Gibb (Apr-20-09)
- Construction Worker Falls to His Death From Raised Forklift By Gordon Gibb (Mar-3-09)
- Medical Malpractice: When Doctors Mess Up By Heidi Turner (Mar-1-09)
- ETHEX Drug Overdose "Like Going to Hell and Back Again" By Heidi Turner (Feb-23-09)
- Another Victim of Tainted Heparin? By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-08)
- Keep a Record of Overtime By Jane Mundy (Dec-16-08)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma--A Navy Perk By Lucy Campbell (Nov-19-08)
- Plane Crash: Four Killed in Learjet that Never Left the Ground By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-08)
- TACA Plane Crash: Airport a Disaster Waiting to Happen By Gordon Gibb (Jun-9-08)