LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Accutane Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 26, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA A $25.16 million award in favor of a man who alleges he developed Crohn’s disease as a result of taking Accutane has been reinstated by the New Jersey Supreme Court. The issue of alleged association between the acne drug and Crohn’s disease has been the subject of a decade long mass torte. Plaintiff Andrew McCarrell’s lawsuit is just one of 3,628 pending Accutane cases.Read [ $25M Accutane Settlement Reinstated ]
December 17, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Passaic County, NJ: “I was a normal teenager before taking Accutane and my doctor assured me that it was safe,” says Jason. Many people like Jason, who suffer from Accutane side effects, no longer put their trust in doctors when they discover their doctors trust drug manufacturers.Read [ Traded Clear Complexion for Depression and More ]
September 2, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Accutane User Beyond Angry ]
Peoria, AZ: Kelly stopped taking Accutane after just two weeks but she believes the acne medicine has already caused permanent damage. “Soon after I started Accutane I had serious abdominal pain and now I have been diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome - it’s not a stretch to connect the dots,” says Kelly.
December 17, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Accutane Victim Gives Warning ]
Gainsville, FL Mary doesn’t qualify for an Accutane lawsuit due to the statute of limitations, among other reasons, but she wants to warn teens against taking it. “If I knew about Accutane side effects I would have lived with severe acne,” she says. “I hope people will try something else for the skin problems besides this drug.”
October 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Accutane Lawsuits: Judges Ruled in Favor of Roche ]
New York, NY Recent rulings by two separate judges may affect thousands of Accutane victims. A federal judge in Florida found that Accutane inflammatory bowel disease warning label was adequate and the New Jersey judge dismissed cases due to the statute of limitations.
September 8, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Accutane Victim Considers Herself Fortunate ]
Charlotte, NC Tasha considers herself fortunate because she only took Accutane for three months. “If I didn’t wind up in the emergency room, I probably wouldn’t have stopped taking Accutane and I would likely be much worse off today,” she says.
August 8, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Accutane Appeals in Favor of Roche ]
Trenton, NJ The 2011 victory for an Accutane victim claiming the acne drug caused her inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) was short-lived when a New Jersey appeals court reversed a $2.1 million verdict. And the court’s ruling sealed other cases, including actor James Marshall, known for his role in the TV show Twin Peaks.
July 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Jury Still Out on Accutane? ]
London, England Although Accutane is banned in the US - Roche removed its acne drug from the market in 2009 after settling millions of dollars in damages to Accutane inflammatory bowel claimants - it is still available in many other countries. Prompted by a number of suicides, the UK may also ban the drug after the government reviews its risks and benefits.
June 20, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Celebrity Worried About Accutane Birth Defects ]
Hollywood, CA Singer Toni Braxton recently penned in her memoir that she took Accutane while she was pregnant and the possible birth defects associated with the acne medication was one reason she had an abortion.
May 16, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Recent Settlement Good News for Accutane Ulcerative Colitis Victims ]
Atlantic County, NJ A recent $1.59 million verdict for a woman with ulcerative colitis is good news for thousands of Accutane victims who have filed Accutane lawsuits claiming the acne drug failed to warn of colitis risk.
- Accutane Victim and His Physician Link Drug to Depression By Jane Mundy (Apr-4-14)
- Accutane Victim: I Was Vain but Not Naive By Jane Mundy (Mar-6-14)
- Accutane Victim Becomes Amateur Accutane Investigator By Jane Mundy (Feb-16-14)
- Actor Matthew McConaughey Lucky—May Not Suffer Accutane Side Effects Like Countless Accutane Users By Jane Mundy (Jan-18-14)
- The Jury Still Out on Accutane By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-13)
- Double Whammy: Accutane Bowel Problems and Depression By Jane Mundy (Nov-5-13)
- Accutane Down the Toilet By Jane Mundy (Oct-13-13)
- Accutane “Big Mistake” By Jane Mundy (Sep-23-13)
- Accutane Linked to Rare Disease? By Jane Mundy (Aug-19-13)
- Accutane Shattered Dreams of Navy Seal Career By Jane Mundy (Jul-5-13)
- Junior Hockey League Player Filing Ulcerative Colitis Accutane Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jun-4-13)
- Accutane Concerns Stretch Back Years By Heidi Turner (May-2-13)
- “Accutane Ruined My Health” By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-13)
- The Heartbreak and Tragedy of Accutane Side Effects By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-13)
- Canadian Television Producer the Face of Accutane Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Feb-8-13)
- Mother Blames Accutane on Son’s Gastro Problems and Suicide Attempt By Jane Mundy (Jan-7-13)
- Accutane Complaints and Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-12)
- Pulled From the Market, Accutane Still Available Nonetheless By Gordon Gibb (Nov-5-12)
- Accutane IBD Plaintiffs Awarded $18 Million, Roche to Appeal By Gordon Gibb (Oct-4-12)
- “Do I have a Case?” asks Accutane User Diagnosed with IBS By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-12)
- Accutane Sufferer Hopeful with Generic Isotretinoin Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Aug-7-12)
- Accutane and Depression—Jury Still Out? By Jane Mundy (Jul-6-12)
- Accutane Acne Victims Now Facing IBD and Crohns Disease By Jane Mundy (Jun-1-12)
- Accutane Lawsuit Award Upheld By Heidi Turner (May-3-12)
- Accutane IBD—A Tale of Two Daughters By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-12)
- New Jersey Supreme Court Finds for Accutane IBD Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-12)
- New Zealand Firm Targets US Acne Market to Fill Void Left by Pulled Accutane Medication By Charles Benson (Feb-5-12)
- Accutane Blamed for Crohn's Disease By Jane Mundy (Dec-17-11)
- Accutane IBD Could Lead to Higher Risk of Post-Operation Blood Clots By Charles Benson (Nov-23-11)
- Accutane Lawsuits Gaining Ground By Jane Mundy (Oct-20-11)
- Accutane Side Effects Lawsuit Delayed, Others Pending By Heidi Turner (Sep-11-11)
- Golfer Admits to Struggles with Accutane Side Effects By Charles Benson (Jul-26-11)
- Will Accutane Side Effects Retrial Result in a Larger Verdict? By Heidi Turner (Jul-20-11)
- Accutane Almost Sidelined Promising Golf Career By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-11)
- Accutane IBD Lawsuits to Be Tried in New Jersey Next October, January By Charles Benson (Jun-30-11)
- Accutane: More Lawsuits to Go to Trial By Heidi Turner (Jun-17-11)
- Pitcher's Fastball Cools While Accutane Lawsuits Heat Up By Gordon Gibb (Jun-8-11)
- Avandia Case Similar to Accutane IBD Circumstances By Charles Benson (May-28-11)
- Attorney Bob Rowland: Courts Mainly Finding in Favor of Accutane Patients By Heidi Turner (May-16-11)
- New Accutane IBD Trial Expected This Month By Gordon Gibb (May-4-11)