LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Energy Drink Legal News Articles & Interviews
May 3, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Tucson, AZ: The health concerns that have emerged from lawsuits and subsequent headlines screaming Monster Energy Drink Deaths and Hospitalizations tend to be weighted on the side of cardiovascular issues related to consumption of the high levels of caffeine usually associated with the consumption of energy drinks.Read [ Plaintiff Awaiting Kidney Is a Grim Reaper of Hope in the Face of Monster ]
April 27, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Calgary, AB: Over the last 10 years there has been exponential growth in the sale and consumption of caffeinated energy drinks.Read [ Caffeinated Energy Drinks Linked to Risk of Type 2 Diabetes ]
April 5, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Vancouver, BC: A 2015 study by researchers in Canada suggests a link between teen consumption of energy drinks and a risk of traumatic brain injury. Previous studies have suggested a link between the use of energy drinks and a risk of heart problems. Energy drink lawsuits have been filed in the United States alleging consumers who ingested energy drinks - including Monster Energy drinks - suffered serious heart complications as a result.Read [ Canadian Study Links Teen Consumption of Energy Drinks and Traumatic Brain Injuries ]
March 31, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Halifax, NS: Dr. Noni MacDonald, a Canadian pediatrician and member of an expert panel convened by Health Canada to study the sale and consumption of caffeinated energy drinks in 2010, is clear about what she believes should be done.Read [ Canadian Pediatrician Expresses Concern about “Energy Drinks” ]
March 29, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Scarborough, ON: Health Canada keeps on file a list of adverse reactions related to the use of caffeinated energy drinks. Its Summary of Adverse Reactions shows 87 adverse events (from 1964 to 2012), including three deaths, in which Health Canada says a caffeinated energy drink, or product, had “a suspected role” in causing some type of physical reaction, from dizziness and mental confusion to severe cardiac events.Read [ Toronto Father Believes His Son among “Suspected” Energy Drink Deaths ]
March 1, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Riverside, CA: A product that is alleged to trigger heart attacks, strokes, brain damage and kidney failure in people as young as 14 is facing additional litigation following the filing of lawsuits against Monster Beverage Corp. Plaintiffs allege Monster Energy Drink Deaths and Hospitalizations.Read [ More Lawsuits Filed Alleging Monster Energy Drink Injury ]
February 6, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
New York, NY: While Monster Energy faces a variety of lawsuits concerning its actual energy drinks, it no longer has to deal with the copyright infringement lawsuit filed by the Beastie Boys. That’s because the lawsuit was settled for an undisclosed amount in January 2016. With that claim out of the way, Monster Energy can focus again on other energy drink lawsuits concerning warnings on the drink’s label.Read [ Beastie Boys Settle Conflict with Monster Energy ]
January 8, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: The parent company of Monster energy drinks has been accused of undertaking “procedural gamesmanship” in removing a Monster Energy Drink Injury lawsuit originally filed in state court, to federal court. On Monday, Chief US District Judge George H. King lobbed the lawsuit back to state court where, he says, it rightfully belongs.Read [ Monster Drink Contents Lawsuit Lobbed Back to State Court ]
December 31, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Los Angeles, CA: A Monster Energy Drink Injury lawsuit currently being litigated in the Central District of California was, prior to the onset of the yuletide season, embroiled in debate over whether or not the plaintiff was in a position to sue over misleading information allegedly appearing on Monster energy drink labels, given that product labels and the regulatory framework to which energy drinks belong falls within the jurisdiction of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Read [ Is Monster Energy Drink Ad Jargon Dangerous or “Mere Puffery”? ]
December 16, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Washington, DC: Excessive consumption of energy drinks has been reportedly linked to a man’s heart attack. Published studies have already suggested that high levels of caffeine in energy drinks could play a role in cardiovascular issues in youth, but less is known about their effects in adults. Three lawsuits concerning energy drinks and cardiac problems have recently been settled for confidential amounts.Read [ Energy Drink Reportedly Linked to Man’s Heart Attack ]
- Woman Says Energy Drinks Ruined Her Life By Heidi Turner (Nov-29-15)
- Energy Drink Impact on the Body Isn’t Pretty By Gordon Gibb (Nov-15-15)
- Despite Concerns about Energy Drinks, Restaurants Begin Sales By Heidi Turner (Oct-30-15)
- Monster Energy Drinks Safety Designation Easily Obtained By Gordon Gibb (Oct-14-15)
- Monster Energy Drink Lawsuit Reportedly Settled By Heidi Turner (Sep-25-15)
- Calls for More Regulation in Wake of Energy Drink Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Sep-12-15)
- Lawsuits Say Monster Drinks Lead to Devastating Brain Injury By Brenda Craig (Sep-11-15)
- Energy Drink Lawsuits: Understanding Caffeine By Heidi Turner (Aug-27-15)
- Monster Drink Contents Wrongful Death Lawsuit Goes to Trial By Gordon Gibb (Aug-6-15)
- Lawsuit Filed against Energy Drink Maker By Heidi Turner (Jul-23-15)
- A Busy Time for Monster As Next Monster Energy Drink Injury Trial Looms By Gordon Gibb (Jul-2-15)
- Two Monster Energy Lawsuits Reportedly Settled By Heidi Turner (Jun-12-15)
- More to Monster Drink Contents Than Just Caffeine By Gordon Gibb (May-21-15)
- Energy Drinks: Caffeine and More Caffeine By Heidi Turner (May-2-15)
- All Eyes on California as Monster Death Trial Poised to Get Underway By Gordon Gibb (Apr-22-15)
- Study Suggests Energy Drinks Dangerous for Adolescents By Heidi Turner (Apr-10-15)
- First Energy Drink Wrongful Death Suit Goes to Trial By Brenda Craig (Mar-26-15)
- Monster Headaches for Monster Beverage Corp: Trial Begins in April By Gordon Gibb (Mar-25-15)
- Despite Dangers, Energy Drink Sales on the Rise By Heidi Turner (Mar-14-15)
- Study Finds Children at Risk, Monster Energy Drink Trial Set for April By Gordon Gibb (Feb-27-15)
- Energy Drink Lawsuit Filed After Consumer’s Death By Heidi Turner (Feb-20-15)
- The Case against Monster Beverage Powers Up By Brenda Craig (Jan-10-15)
- Do the Monster Math: Monster Energy Drinks By Jane Mundy (Oct-31-13)
- Lawsuit Updates: Energy Drinks By Lucy Campbell (Oct-30-13)
- Regulators Ask Energy Drink Makers to Stop Marketing to Children By Heidi Turner (Oct-5-13)
- Young Monster Drink Nation Not Conditioned to Super-Caffeine: Professor By Gordon Gibb (Sep-28-13)
- Are Energy Drink Companies Downplaying the Risks? By Heidi Turner (Sep-20-13)
- Monster Caffeine Levels: When Too Much Energy Isn’t Good for You By Gordon Gibb (Sep-8-13)
- More Experts Speak Out against Energy Drinks By Heidi Turner (Aug-31-13)
- Are Monster Caffeine Levels Akin to a Jekyll-and-Hyde Personality? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-30-13)
- Senate Focuses on Energy Drink Deaths By Heidi Turner (Aug-8-13)
- Study Suggests Monster Energy Drinks Linked to Heart Changes By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-13)
- Monster Energy Drink Wrongful Death Lawsuit Attorney Speaks with LawyersandSettlements.com By LAS Staff Writer (Jul-22-13)
- The “Monster” That Lurks Within Can Allegedly Be Deadly By Gordon Gibb (Jul-20-13)
- Family Blames Monster Energy Drink on Uncle’s Death By Jane Mundy (Jul-10-13)
- Mother Blames Monster Energy Drink for Daughter’s Chest Pains By Jane Mundy (Jun-27-13)
- Death of Teenager Prompts Second California Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Monster Beverage Corporation By LAS Staff Writer (Jun-26-13)
- American Medical Association Bans Energy Drinks Like Monster By Lucy Campbell (Jun-19-13)
- Energy Drink Hospitalizations Hit 20,000 By Lucy Campbell (Jun-14-13)
- Monster Drink Contents Soon to Be Spelled Out, but Concerns Remain By Gordon Gibb (Jun-1-13)