LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Zofran Birth Defect Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 27, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC: Families of patients who allegedly suffered birth defects while taking GlaxoSmithKline’s (GSK) anti-nausea drug Zofran, and who are suing the drug maker in multi-district litigating (MDL) are asking that the drug maker hand over data stored in a drug safety database called “Argus.”Read [ Families Ask GSK to Hand Over Zofran Data ]
September 12, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Houston, TX: Another Zofran lawsuit filed by parents in Texas joins more than 300 suits filed nationwide against the manufacturer. Most all federal cases consolidated into a multidistrict litigation in Massachusetts are making progress and a first trial date is expected soon.Read [ Zofran Litigation Making Progress ]
August 10, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Birmingham, AL: Many women who took Zofran during their pregnancy had idea that it is prescribed “off-label”, meaning it wasn’t approved by the FDA to treat morning sickness.Read [ Zofran Complaints Mounting with Increased Awareness of Birth Defects ]
July 7, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Hattiesburg, MS: “Getting money from the Zofran class-action lawsuit isn’t as important to me as getting the word out to the public about how dangerous this drug is,” says Lucy. Her daughter was born with clubfoot, a birth defect associated with Zofran.Read [ Mothers Regret Taking Zofran ]
June 15, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Pittsburgh, PA: While Zofran birth defects lawsuits continue to be filed, a recent study has not found a link between the anti-nausea drug and birth defects.Read [ Zofran Studies: Link or No Link to Birth Defects? ]
May 30, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Los Angeles, CA: A new study conducted by researchers at UCLA suggests there is no link between Zofran and birth defects. The study comes as more women are filing lawsuits alleging their infants suffered serious Zofran side effects after exposure in the womb. It also contradicts previous research that suggested a link between the anti-nausea medication and birth defects. Among the side effects alleged in the Zofran lawsuits are an increased risk of heart defects and cleft palate.Read [ New Study Suggests No Link between Zofran and Birth Defects ]
May 19, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Bethpage, NY:When Laura’s son was born with hypospadias, she had no idea that the birth defect could be caused by Zofran. “If nothing comes of my Zofran complaint I want to tell my story to help prevent this happening to another child,” says Laura.Read [ Another Zofran Hypospadias Complaint ]
April 29, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Toronto, ON: Women in Canada have filed lawsuits alleging their babies developed birth defects after being exposed to Zofran (known generically as ondansetron). Similar to lawsuits filed in the United States, lawsuits in Canada allege women were given Zofran to treat nausea and vomiting linked to morning sickness, even though Zofran was not approved to treat pregnant women.Read [ Zofran Lawsuits Filed in Canada ]
April 21, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Boston, MA: Plaintiffs involved in Zofran lawsuits, including multidistrict litigation (MDL 2657), have discovered that Zofran labeling in Canada warns against the use of the anti-nausea drug during pregnancy because of possible birth defects. The US label has no such warning. According to plaintiffs, this means that Canadian mothers were warned that Zofran may harm their babies when taken during pregnancy, but mothers in the United States were not.Read [ Zofran Label Discrepancy—Depends Where You Live ]
March 30, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Pittsburgh, PA: GlaxoSmithKline faces more Zofran lawsuits alleging babies developed birth defects after being exposed to Zofran in the womb. While some women say their children have outgrown the Zofran side effects, others say the effects have lasted well into their child's life, and traumatized their families. With lawsuits consolidated for pretrial proceedings, more parents are filing claims against the maker of Zofran, saying they would never have exposed their unborn babies to the drug if they had known about the risks.Read [ GlaxoSmithKline Faces Zofran Birth Defect Lawsuits ]
- More Zofran Lawsuits Filed and GSK’s Unlawful Marketing By Jane Mundy (Mar-9-16)
- Judge Denies GlaxoSmithKline’s Motion to Dismiss, Mothers Allege Birth Defects Linked to Zofran By Heidi Turner (Feb-26-16)
- Zofran Judge Favors Plaintiffs, Denies GSK Motion to Dismiss By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-16)
- Judge Denies GlaxoSmithKline Motion to Dismiss Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Jan-27-16)
- Pregnant Women Who Took Zofran Join Birth Defect Statistics By Jane Mundy (Jan-9-16)
- 200 Zofran Lawsuits Included in MDL By Heidi Turner (Dec-26-15)
- Mother Wishes Doctors Stop Prescribing Zofran By Jane Mundy (Dec-15-15)
- Zofran MDL Grows in First Months By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-15)
- GSK Had Zofran “In the Bag” By Jane Mundy (Nov-16-15)
- More Zofran Lawsuits Filed As MDL Confirmed By Heidi Turner (Oct-31-15)
- Zofran Lawsuits Consolidated, Victory for Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-15)
- No Word on Zofran MDL, but Lawsuits Still Being Filed By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-15)
- Zofran Could Achieve MDL Status October 1 By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-15)
- Mother “Channeling Anger into a Zofran Lawsuit” By Jane Mundy (Sep-7-15)
- Courts Consider Zofran Lawsuit Consolidation As More Lawsuits Are Filed By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuits Gaining Momentum, GSK Comments Sickening By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-15)
- Zofran Lawsuit Accuses GSK of Treating Unborn Children As “Guinea Pigs” By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-15)
- From Anger to Guilt, Mother Suffers from Zofran Mixed Emotions By Jane Mundy (Jul-29-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Led to Pregnancy Termination, Lawsuit Alleges By Gordon Gibb (Jul-21-15)
- GlaxoSmithKline Files for Consolidation of Zofran Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Jul-10-15)
- Zofran Linked to Hypospadias Birth Defect, Mother Furious By Jane Mundy (Jun-28-15)
- Zofran Faces More Birth Defects Claims By Heidi Turner (Jun-18-15)
- For Some, Zofran Birth Defects Hit Even Closer to Home By Gordon Gibb (Jun-9-15)
- Zofran Lawsuit Alleges Birth Defects Linked to Nausea Medication By Heidi Turner (May-31-15)
- Plaintiff Claims Zofran Maker Uses Expectant Mothers and Unborn Children as Human Guinea Pigs By Jane Mundy (May-24-15)
- New Allegations in Zofran Lawsuit Hurled at Manufacturer By Gordon Gibb (May-14-15)
- Morning Sickness Drug Sued for Alleged Birth Defects By Jane Mundy (May-1-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuit No April Fools Prank By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-15)
- Zofran Lawsuit Alleges Drugmaker Knew About Risks By Heidi Turner (Apr-1-15)
- Is Zofran Manufacturer GSK Talking from Both Sides of Its Mouth? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Claims Gaining Momentum By Jane Mundy (Mar-20-15)
- Study Suggests Zofran May Be Linked to Two Deaths By Heidi Turner (Mar-3-15)
- Zofran Birth Defects Lawsuits: Just the Cost of Doing Business for GlaxoSmithKline? By Jane Mundy (Feb-25-15)
- Is GlaxoSmithKline Talking from Both Sides of Its Mouth? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-4-15)