LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Amusement Park Accident Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 29, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Clara, CA: According to a study in the American Journal of Emergency Medicine, zip-line injuries are on the increase with 17,000 people treated for zip-line-related injuries between 1997 and 2012, the period of the study. The data also show a 70 percent increase in zip-line injuries during 2009-2012, which works out to an average of 10 injuries every day.Read [ Zip-Line Injuries On the Rise ]
January 6, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
Easley, SC: Having a backyard pool might be a child's dream, but for parents, above-ground or in-ground pools can be a nightmare. Too many parents know the horror of losing a child in an above-ground or in-ground pool drowning. And whether the tragedy happens in their own backyard, in a neighbor's yard, or at a resort, parents never get over the horror of losing their child.Read [ Parents Face Pool Drowning Nightmare ]
September 9, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Popular Ride Topples at Amusement Park, Parents of Injured Child Sue ]
Bowling Green, KY It’s been a rough summer for the Beech Bend Amusement Park located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Last month a ride known as the Dragon Coaster came to a sudden stop mid-ride, and while no one on the amusement park ride was hurt, it proved to be jarring in more ways than one: just a few weeks before, at the same amusement park, a popular ride toppled. Twelve patrons were injured, and an Amusement Park lawsuit has been launched related to the incident.
June 3, 2015. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ UK Amusement Park Accident Injures Four, Leaves 12 Hanging in Mid Air ]
London, UK A shocking amusement park accident has occurred in the UK, involving one of Britain’s biggest amusement park rides. Four teenagers are seriously injured and several other riders were left stranded 8 meters in the air, according to officials.
May 23, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Woman Awarded $1.5 Million in Amusement Park Lawsuit ]
Coney Island, NY A woman has been awarded $1.5 million in her amusement park lawsuit, in which she alleged she was not warned about the risks of riding a roller coaster with a neck injury. The plaintiff, Paula Noone, allegedly suffered her theme park injury while on a Coney Island roller coaster in 2008.
February 6, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Horrific Theme Park Accident Lawsuit Loses on Appeal ]
Valencia, CA Here now, a potpourri of events in the Amusement Park Accident portfolio one would not necessarily think of. But it happens. To wit, a man who suffered severe brain trauma after being hit by a rollercoaster, and a theme park fined by the US Government after failing to protect its workers from the sometimes severe heat of summer.
December 20, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Settlement Reached in Amusement Park Lawsuit ]
Arlington, TX The family of a woman who died in a tragic amusement park accident has reportedly settled its lawsuit against Six Flags Over Texas, the site of the horrific theme park accident. The accident resulted in the death of 52-year-old Rosa Esparza, who fell from the Texas Giant roller coaster, resulting in lawsuits being filed against both the theme park and the maker of the company that built cars for the roller coaster.
October 15, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Some Amusement Park Accidents Have Little to Do with the Rides ]
Upper Marlboro, MD In most cases an amusement park accident or incident involves a mechanical problem with a ride or other attraction through mechanical breakdown, poor maintenance procedures or operator error. Newer riders are increasingly sophisticated, and faster.
September 19, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Amusement Park Injuries: Is Worker Exhaustion Part of the Problem? ]
Roanoke, VA Concerns about amusement park accidents often involve worries about roller coasters not being properly maintained or cars jumping tracks. If there are concerns about employee involvement in amusement park injuries, it often involves not being properly trained for his or her job. But a report published in 2013 suggests that many carnival and theme park workers are overworked and subject to grueling hours and deplorable living conditions, which could increase the likelihood of a theme park accident.
August 12, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Where Is the Federal Oversight to Prevent Theme Park Accidents? ]
Arlington, TX It was three years ago that an army veteran who had previously lost both legs while serving his country in Iraq was strapped into a roller coaster in Upstate New York. The man was not wearing his prosthetic legs, but attraction supervisors permitted him to ride anyway. Tragically, the absence of his legs meant he was unable to remain in his seat while the ride was in motion and he fell 150 feet to his death in a horrific Amusement Park Accident.
- Lawsuit Filed against Six Flags in Roller Coaster Accident By Heidi Turner (Jul-17-14)
- The Amusement Park Lawsuit Can Run the Gamut By Gordon Gibb (Jun-18-14)
- Inflatable Attractions Come Out for Summer, Many People Not Aware of Risks By Heidi Turner (May-19-14)
- Litigation Over Two Amusement Park Deaths Continue By Gordon Gibb (Apr-9-14)
- Study: Roller Coaster Injuries Not As Prevalent As Bouncy Castle Injuries By Heidi Turner (Mar-23-14)
- A Tale of Two Tragic Amusement Park Injuries By Gordon Gibb (Feb-27-14)
- In Interview with LawyersandSettlements.com Attorney Reflects on Side Effects of the ‘Mission: Space’ Theme Park Ride By LAS Staff Writer (Feb-3-14)
- Engineer Tracks “Mission Mars G-Force” By Brenda Craig (Jan-27-14)
- Roller Coaster Tragedies Rare, but They Do Occur By Heidi Turner (Jan-24-14)
- “This Ride Will Mess You Up!” Says Mission to Mars Rider By Brenda Craig (Jan-14-14)
- How Was Your Mission to Mars Ride? By Brenda Craig (Dec-19-13)
- Ski Hill Lawsuit Results in Settlement By Heidi Turner (Dec-9-13)
- As More Amusement Park Accidents Occur, Six Flags Denies Liability in Tragedy By Heidi Turner (Nov-16-13)
- Florida Amusement Parks Accidents Reported on Harry Potter and Magic Kingdom Rides By Lucy Campbell (Oct-25-13)
- Grandmother Drowns in Horrific Theme Park Accident, Family Sues By Gordon Gibb (Oct-19-13)
- Lawsuit Filed in Amusement Park Death By Heidi Turner (Sep-22-13)
- Roller Coaster Accidents Put Spotlight on Safety By Heidi Turner (Aug-12-13)
- Fatal Fall at Texas Giant Roller Coaster By Jane Mundy (Jul-20-13)
- Man Dies in Amusement Park Accident By Heidi Turner (Jul-10-13)
- Amusement Park Ride Accidents Require Quick Action and Evidence By Brenda Craig (Jun-14-13)
- Water Park Lawsuit Settled for $1.3 Million By Heidi Turner (May-14-13)
- Amusement Park Government Regulation Urged By Brenda Craig (May-14-13)
- 4000 Children A Year Suffer Amusement Park Injuries, New Study Shows By Lucy Campbell (May-1-13)
- Actor Comes to Aid of Theme Park Accident Victim By Gordon Gibb (Apr-12-13)
- New Lawsuit Filed in Toddler’s Amusement Park Death By Heidi Turner (Mar-21-13)
- Settlement Reached in Amusement Park Accident Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Feb-9-13)
- Parents of Tot Killed in Skiing Accident Launch Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-13)
- Head Injuries Leading Cause of Death for Skiers By Heidi Turner (Dec-5-12)
- Woman's Face Disfigured in Horrific Amusement Park Accident By Gordon Gibb (Nov-17-12)
- Are Amusement Park Owners Responsible for All Injuries? By Heidi Turner (Oct-14-12)
- R. Rex Parris Law Firm: Medieval Times Patron Blinded on Honeymoon By Abi Kistler (Sep-19-12)
- Three Year Old's Death Highlights Theme Park Dangers By Heidi Turner (Sep-3-12)
- Amusement Park Accidents: Zip Lines a Growing Concern By Gordon Gibb (Aug-19-12)
- New Jersey Amusement Park Accident Results in Hospitalizations By Heidi Turner (Jul-26-12)
- Amusement Parks Face Personal Injury Lawsuits Linked to Falls By Heidi Turner (Jun-21-12)
- LawyersandSettlements.com Warns of Top Five Memorial Day Accidents and Offers Tips to Stay Safe By LAS Staff Writer (May-24-12)
- Third Lawsuit Filed in Virginia Amusement Park Accident By Gordon Gibb (May-23-12)
- For Memorial Day Safety, Statistics Aren't on Your Side By Gordon Gibb (May-21-12)
- Families Remain Worried over Possibility of Amusement Park Accident By Charles Benson (Apr-29-12)
- Toddler Injured on Amusement Park Ride By Heidi Turner (Apr-9-12)