Legal News Articles - Food/Drink
December 22, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Risk of Food Poisoning Prompts Recall of Bright Water Buffalo Krab Dip Products ]
Washington, DC Bright Water Seafood is recalling its 7 ounce packages of Buffalo Krab Dip and 7 ounce packages of Southwest Krab Dip because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
December 20, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Kroger Recalls Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk ]
Washington, DC The Kroger Co, is recalling select packages of pet food sold in some of its retail stores because the products may contain aflatoxin, which poses a health risk to pets.
December 20, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ 25,600 Lbs of Ground Beef Products Recalled ]
Washington, DC Winn Meats Co, a Dallas, Texas, establishment, is recalling approximately 25,600 pounds of ground beef products that were improperly labeled and potentially adulterated.
December 17, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Sally Jackson Recalls All Cheese For Possible E.coli Contamination ]
Washington, DC Sally Jackson Cheese of Oroville, WA is recalling all cheese products, including cow, goat, and sheep, because they may be contaminated with Escherichia coli O157:H7 (E. coli O157:H7).
December 13, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Tropical Fruit & Nut Recalls Products with Walnuts due to Possible Salmonella Contamination ]
Washington, DC Tropical Nut & Fruit of Charlotte, NC, is recalling all its products containing walnuts supplied by Atlas Walnuts, LLC after November 16, 2010 because they have the potential to contain Salmonella.
December 10, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Walnuts Recalled in California for Possible Salmonella Contamination ]
Los Angeles, CA Mojave Foods Corporation is initiating a recall of sixty (60) packages of El Guapo Shelled Walnuts 1 OZ, date code 5527, manufactured with walnuts supplied by Atlas Walnuts, Visalia, California, following an advisory by the supplier that the ingredient has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
December 9, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Cilantro Recalled due to Possible Salmonella Contamination ]
Washington, DC Pablo's Produce, Inc of Oxnard, CA, is voluntarily recalling one lot of cilantro because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The company is working with Health officials to inform consumers of this recall, and no illnesses have been reported to date.
December 7, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Potential Listeria Contamination Prompts Smoked Fish Recall ]
Washington, DC Rushing Waters Fisheries, Palmyra, is recalling about 225 pounds of smoked trout and smoked salmon spreads, because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
December 6, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ 72,000 lbs of Chicken Salad Products Recalled ]
Washington, DC The Suter Company is recalling approximately 72,000 pounds of canned chicken salad products that may contain foreign materials.
December 3, 2010. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ New York Firm Recalls Various Meat and Poultry Products ]
Washington, DC N.Y. Gourmet Salads, located in Brooklyn, NY, is recalling an undetermined amount of various meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection. This is a USDA Class I Recall.
- Senate Passes Food Safety Bill By Lucy Campbell (Nov-30-10)
- Appetizer Products for Possible Listeria Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Nov-24-10)
- Dark Chocolate Recalled due to Possible Salmonella Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Nov-24-10)
- Del Bueno Recalls Cheese Because Of Possible Listeria Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Nov-18-10)
- Ready-To-Eat Turkey Breast Products Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Nov-15-10)
- Mauri Gorgonzola Cheese Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Nov-12-10)
- Cal-Maine Foods Recalls Eggs By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-10)
- Orval Kent Recalls Products Containing Cilantro Due to Possible Health Risk By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-10)
- Baugher's Cider Linked to outbreak of E. coli infections By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-10)
- FDA, CDC, and Costco Warn Consumers to Avoid Bravo Farms Dutch Style Gouda Cheese By Lucy Campbell (Nov-5-10)
- Health Authorities Say 4 Deaths Linked to Listeria at Texas Food Plant By Lucy Campbell (Nov-4-10)
- California Firm Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products By Lucy Campbell (Oct-28-10)
- Certain Flavors of Mega Pops Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Oct-25-10)
- Celery Listeriosis Caused Five Fatalities By Jane Mundy (Oct-21-10)
- Parents Bring Federal Lawsuit After Tainted Baby Formula Injures Newborn By Lucy Campbell (Oct-19-10)
- Veggies Recalled Due to Fear of Glass Fragments By Gordon Gibb (Oct-18-10)
- Canada Declares BPA a Toxin By Lucy Campbell (Oct-15-10)
- La Nuestra Brand Mamey Ice Cream Recalled due to Risk of Salmonella Typhi By Lucy Campbell (Oct-8-10)
- D & M Smoked Fish Recalls Over 24 Products due to Possible Listeria Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Oct-8-10)
- Novedex XT Recalled Nationally due to Potential Health Hazard By Lucy Campbell (Oct-8-10)
- Living Foods Recalls Alfalfa Sprouts due to Possible Salmonella Contamination By Lucy Campbell (Oct-7-10)
- Salmonella Tainted Eggs Injure Thousands and Thousands By Brenda Craig (Sep-24-10)
- Similac Brand Powder Infant Formulas Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Sep-22-10)
- Popcorn Lung Lawyer By Brenda Craig (Sep-14-10)
- Sampco Recalls 258,000 lbs of Brazilian Cooked Beef Products By Lucy Campbell (Sep-14-10)
- Midland Farms Recalls Milk Products in Eastern US By Lucy Campbell (Sep-9-10)
- Possible E. Coli Contamination Prompts Ground Beef Recall By Lucy Campbell (Sep-8-10)
- Risk of Salmonella Prompts Egg Noodle Recall By Lucy Campbell (Sep-7-10)
- Hartz Mountain Recalls 78,700 Bags of Dog Treats By Lucy Campbell (Sep-6-10)
- Whole Foods Recalls Morningland Dairy and Ozark Hills Farm Cheese By Lucy Campbell (Sep-2-10)
- P&G Recalls Cat Food in Colorado By Lucy Campbell (Aug-31-10)
- Deli Meat Products Recalled By Jane Mundy (Aug-24-10)
- Another Egg Outbreak By Jane Mundy (Aug-21-10)
- URGENT Nationwide Frozen Mamey Fruit Pulp Recall - Fruit Linked to Typhoid Fever Outbreak By Lucy Campbell (Aug-20-10)
- Wright County Egg Expands Nationwide Recall By Lucy Campbell (Aug-19-10)
- Drug Recalls More than Double Since 2008 By Lucy Campbell (Aug-16-10)
- Wright County Egg Recalls of Eggs By Lucy Campbell (Aug-16-10)
- Veggie Lovers Salad Recall for Listeria Contamination Risk By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-10)
- Fresh Express Salads Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Aug-11-10)
- Novacare Products Recalled for Undeclared Drug Ingredient By Lucy Campbell (Aug-11-10)