Home Page >> Bad Faith Insurance >> Articles
Bad Faith Insurance Articles
October 8, 2016.
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 06, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- R. Rex Parris Law Firm lawyers Alexander R. Wheeler, Jason P. Fowler and Daniel Eli have settled a personal injury and insurance bad faith case one year after a jury handed down a verdict in the underlying personal injury case.Read [ R. Rex Parris Law Firm settles insurance bad faith case for $15,000,000 ]
February 20, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA: Bad things happen to good people, right? Absolutely. And sometimes those bad things involve making an insurance claim so you can put things right again.Read [ Did Your Insurer Deal with You in Bad Faith? ]
December 10, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Pasadena, CA: Blue Cross faces a class-action insurance lawsuit alleging the company unfairly denied treatment for hepatitis C to protect profits. According to the lawsuit, which is the most recent of multiple lawsuits filed against the insurer, patients seeking coverage of certain hepatitis C treatments are told the treatment is not medically necessary, despite the serious health effects associated with hepatitis C.Read [ Anthem Blue Cross Faces Hepatitis C Claims ]
November 14, 2015. By The National Trial Lawyers.
A jury in Miami awarded a $14.5 million to husband and wife in a Miami-Dade Circuit Court trial against Geico General Insurance Co. and an uninsured driver who was deemed negligent in a severe 2004 automobile accident.Read [ Florida Couple Recovers $14.5 in Bad Faith Case Against Geico ]
October 28, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Newark, NJ: The car accident involving Saturday Night Live star Tracy Morgan has now resulted in an insurance claim being filed by Walmart against its insurers. Walmart alleges bad faith insurance on the part of some of its insurers who have refused to pay their portion of a settlement with Morgan.Read [ Tracy Morgan Accident Results in Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuit ]
September 21, 2015. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Smart Strategies for Maximizing Insurance Claims in Road Accidents ]
Lancaster, CA It pays to hire a lawyer with lots of experience dealing with the insurance companies.
June 21, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Life is a tricky business full of twists and turns that course quietly through the days and months, and then suddenly, in a moment, bad faith insurance changes everything and an unexpected outcome leaves “what-if-only” thoughts looping through the human brain.Read [ Cautionary Tale for Life Insurance Customers ]
July 26, 2013. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ Increased Disability with Diabetes - Will This Affect Disability Insurance Claims? ]
Washington, DC People with diabetes are at a 50 percent increased risk for disability compared with the non-diabetic population, according to a new study recently published July 23 in the journal The Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology. Despite the many diabetes drugs, available to manage this disease, diabetes medications are associated with the risk for serious adverse events, and do not necessarily mitigate the risk for disability.
February 3, 2013. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Overturning ERISA and the Supreme Court Update ]
Washington, DC Last November, Matt Wessler, an attorney at Public Justice, argued an ERISA case before the Supreme Court that will impact every ERISA insurer in the country and almost 200 million Americans covered by the ERISA plan.
November 21, 2012. By Abi Kistler.
Read [ The Vrdolyak Law Group Uncovers New Evidence, Recovers $775,000 for At-fault Elderly Driver ]
Chicago, IL (Press Release) The Vrdolyak Law Group recovered $775,000 for an elderly woman whose 90-year-old husband was killed in a motor vehicle accident on March 14, 2008, notwithstanding the fact that police claimed she had caused the accident.
- SuperStorm Sandy Bad Faith Insurance Claims By Lucy Campbell (Nov-10-12)
- Property Damage Leads to Hurricane Sandy Insurance Claims By Heidi Turner (Nov-9-12)
- SuperStorm Sandy Investment and Insurance Fraud Scams By Lucy Campbell (Nov-8-12)
- Superstorm Sandy Spawns Superstorm Charity Scams By Lucy Campbell (Nov-6-12)
- Bad Faith Insurance Plaintiff Wins Her Case By Gordon Gibb (Mar-28-12)
- A Win for the Plaintiff in Bad Faith Insurance Claim By Gordon Gibb (Feb-7-12)
- Jury Gives $12M Award in Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-27-11)
- The Natural Disaster Law Lawyer Mops Up for Victims By Brenda Craig (Jun-21-11)
- A Bad Faith Insurance Story By Gordon Gibb (Mar-8-11)
- Seven California HMOs Fined Following Investigation By Gordon Gibb (Nov-30-10)
- Texas Woman Makes Bad Faith Insurance Claim over Hurricane Damage By Charles Benson (Jan-1-10)
- Maverick Tube Corp. Wins $6.5 Million Case By Hana Silverstein (Dec-30-09)
- Condo Association Files Bad Faith Insurance Lawsuit in Miami By Gordon Gibb (Dec-3-09)
- State Farm Urged to Settle Potential Bad Faith Insurance Claim By Gordon Gibb (Nov-6-09)
- Sometimes Both Sides Win in Bad Faith Insurance Law By Gordon Gibb (Oct-3-09)
- California wildfires lead to billboard warning of bad faith insurance claims By Charles Benson (Sep-10-09)
- New Orleans Grocer Wins Appeal in Massive Bad Faith Insurance Claim By Gordon Gibb (Aug-18-09)
- Plaintiff Awarded $3 Million-Plus in Bad Faith Insurance Claim By Gordon Gibb (Jul-13-09)
- Attorney Mantese on Groundbreaking Autism Case By Brenda Craig (Jul-3-09)
- Accident Not Her Fault, Plaintiff Forced to File Bad Faith Insurance Claim By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-09)
- Bad Faith Insurance: Computers Do the Dirty Work By Gordon Gibb (May-9-09)
- When a Bad Faith Insurance Case, Isn't Bad Faith… By Gordon Gibb (Apr-27-09)
- Attorney Eleanor Hamburger puts the Heat on Nationwide Insurance By Brenda Craig (Apr-23-09)
- A Big Case of Bad Faith Insurance By Gordon Gibb (Mar-27-09)
- Mother of 10 Wins Bad Faith Insurance Case, Awarded $1 Million By Gordon Gibb (Feb-16-09)
- The Dark Side of Bad Faith Insurance By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-09)
- Bad Faith Insurance Like a Bad Reality TV Show By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-08)
- Bad Faith Insurance: The Art of Unfairness By Gordon Gibb (Oct-2-08)
- Bad Faith Insurance Appears to be the New Norm By Gordon Gibb (Jul-26-08)
- Good Faith Floridian Claimants are Met with Bad Faith Insurers (Feb-5-08)
- Bad Faith Insurance: Looking Out for Number One - And it isn't You By Gordon Gibb (Jun-9-07)
- Bad Faith Insurance: Policy Holders Fight Back, Win Big By Gordon Gibb (May-17-07)