AMS Transvaginal Mesh Articles
September 29, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Fort Lauderdale, FL: Encouraging women with AMS transvaginal mesh complications to have the device removed in order to ensure a bigger cash payout is unethical, to say the least. This scenario sounds as horrific as stealing kidneys from someone in a third world country. Actually, it’s worse, because the scene is Florida and it’s happening now.Read [ Illicit Enterprises: From Stolen Kidneys to Cash for AMS Transvaginal Mesh ]
August 2, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: Margot has undergone three surgeries in an attempt to remove AMS transvaginal mesh she had implanted for stress urinary incontinence (SUI). She is outraged that the FDA reclassified transvaginal mesh as high risk only to repair pelvic organ prolapse (POP). And she is worried that her transvaginal mesh lawsuit may be delayed or reduced because of this action.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh POP v SUI Warning ]
July 27, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: Too many women who have suffered transvaginal mesh complications wonder how it was ever approved by the FDA and why it took the agency so long to classify the mesh as a high-risk medical device. And when TVM victims find out, they are furious at both the FDA and the mesh makers.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh and FDA Failure ]
July 5, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: One transvaginal mesh manufacturer is adding new safety labels to its pelvic meshes and slings, saying they are considered permanent implants and that removal can be complicated or impossible.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Warnings Added to Labels ]
June 2, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Toronto, ON: In its AMS transvaginal mesh litigation, American Medical Systems says a medical funding scheme set up by businessmen, lawyers and doctors profits from women who want transvaginal mesh removed, according to Canada’s National Post and Reuters.Read [ AMS Transvaginal Mesh Scammers? ]
May 2, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Minnetonka, MN: More than 135,000 transvaginal mesh lawsuits have been filed worldwide, and about 46,000 of those claims were filed against American Medical Systems (AMS) regarding its Endo transvaginal mesh. While some AMS plaintiffs may have been relieved with the news that Endo reached a settlement (and it was the first of the TVM manufacturers to do so), they aren’t satisfied with the outcome.Read [ AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlements—Too Little, Too Late? ]
April 12, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
North Bay, ON: June says she has been suffering from a serious allergic reaction to AMS transvaginal mesh, which is made with polypropylene, since she had the mesh implanted in 2013. “I went back to the hospital - here in northern Ontario - and they just told me to take Benedryl for the itch,” says June.Read [ Allergic to AMS Transvaginal Mesh ]
March 13, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Eden Prarie, MN: Endo International is closing its Astora Women’s Health device unit, the company that sells the now-defunct American Medical Systems (AMS) transvaginal mesh implants for stress urinary incontinence (SUI) or pelvic organ prolapse (POP). Endo, which bought AMS in 2011 for $2.9 billion, said it is shutting down transvaginal mesh production due to soaring legal costs and settlement payouts awarded by juries to injured women in the United States.Read [ Endo Stops Making AMS Transvaginal Mesh ]
February 14, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Tacoma, WA: Andrea recently received a transvaginal mesh settlement offer from American Medical Systems (AMS), but she says it’s little more than “chump change” given the four-year nightmare she has gone through since the device was implanted, and it ain’t over yet...Read [ AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlement Money “Chump Change” ]
January 10, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Boston, MA: Diane doesn’t know how extensive the damages from AMS transvaginal mesh have been, because she can’t find a doctor willing to remove the mesh. “My doctor who implanted the mesh is in denial, telling me there is nothing wrong, but a day doesn’t go by when I’m not in pain,” she says.Read [ AMS Transvaginal Mesh: Pain Is the New Norm ]
- Can AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlements Cover Financial Losses? By Jane Mundy (Dec-11-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Far From “Miracle Fix” By Jane Mundy (Nov-6-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh “Caused the Perfect Storm” By Jane Mundy (Oct-6-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Good for Depends Makers By Jane Mundy (Sep-5-15)
- New Transvaginal Mesh Product Approved While Mesh Lawsuits Ongoing By Jane Mundy (Aug-7-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Complaint: Is My Sex Life Over? By Jane Mundy (Jul-18-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlements: Good for Victim or AMS? By Jane Mundy (Jun-16-15)
- AMS Does the Right Thing By Jane Mundy (May-11-15)
- Divorce Another Transvaginal Mesh Side Effect By Jane Mundy (Apr-18-15)
- Good on Judge Goodwin and AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Mar-6-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh, What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing. By Jane Mundy (Feb-7-15)
- More AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlements Expected for 2015 By Jane Mundy (Jan-7-15)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Victim Gives Husband Permission to Pay for Sex By Jane Mundy (Dec-3-14)
- Putting a Price on Pain: AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Nov-5-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Must Go—In More Ways Than One By Jane Mundy (Oct-7-14)
- Will Endo Unload American Medical Systems Over AMS Mesh Problems? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-21-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Good News and Bad News By Jane Mundy (Aug-25-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlements “Slap in the Face” By Jane Mundy (Jul-30-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Maker Receives FDA Warning Letter By Heidi Turner (Jun-27-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Settlement “Never Enough,” Says Attorney By Jane Mundy (May-7-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh: No Respect for Women or What Happens Post-Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-6-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Victims Concur: Should Have Researched First By Jane Mundy (Mar-21-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Glitches By Jane Mundy (Feb-20-14)
- A Busy Year Ahead for AMS Transvaginal Mesh Maker By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-14)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (Dec-20-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh “Makes Me Feel Freakish” By Jane Mundy (Nov-14-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Increasing—Moving to Settlement? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-13)
- At 29,000 and Counting, When Will TVM Lawsuits End? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-4-13)
- Transvaginal Mesh Victim Warns of Statute of Limitations By Jane Mundy (Aug-21-13)
- AMS Mesh Product Did Not Mesh Well with Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (Jul-28-13)
- Daughter Blames Mother’s Death on AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Jun-23-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Victim Says Engagement Is Off By Jane Mundy (May-4-13)
- “Not Tonight Dear, I Have AMS Transvaginal Mesh” By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Injury Also Seen in Canada By Gordon Gibb (Mar-14-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-10-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Litigation Update By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-13)
- AMS Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit Alleges Product Liability By Gordon Gibb (Dec-2-12)
- Lawyers Expect a Tide of AMS TVM Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Oct-23-12)
- The Pain and Cost of AMS Transvaginal Mesh By Jane Mundy (Sep-28-12)
- AMS Transvaginal Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Aug-14-12)