Home Page >> Legal News Articles
Legal News ArticlesNews articles include info about lawsuits filed, settlements reached and verdicts rendered in legal cases dealing with personal injury news, defective product news, bad drugs news and other news issues. Also listed are news interviews from people who have had their lives forever changed by bad drugs, investment fraud, personal injury, defective products and negligent employers - their only hope the lawyers willing to fight to protect their rights and bring them justice.
January 19, 2018. By Fernando Marcano (Translation).
Los Ángeles, CA:Una demanda laboral de California presentada por un conductor de Uber alega que el modelo de fijación de precios de Uber impide que los conductores obtengan salarios adecuados como lo exige la legislación laboral de California. Por su parte, el coacusado Uber Technologies Inc. no está de acuerdo con las alegaciones del demandante Sophano Van y está tratando de que se desestime la demanda.Read [ Uber enfrenta demanda colectiva en California ]
January 19, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: When one looks back to 2017 and considers examples when banks have been called to account for excessive bank overdraft fees – including last November’s $66.6 million settlement to end a bank overdraft fees lawsuit against Bank of America – one would naturally assume progress is finally being made on an issue that has plagued Americans for years.Read [ Despite Recent Settlements, Banks Still Bilking Consumers Out of Billions ]
January 19, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Washington, DC: This week, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced that defective Takata airbag recall has been expanded to include vehicles from 14 different automakers. According to ABCNews on Thursday night, the NHTSA posted documents to its website listing the latest affected vehicles. These include Ford, Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Daimler Vans, Toyota, Tesla, BMW, Fiat Chrysler, Mazda, Subaru, Jaguar-Land Rover, McLaren and Volkswagen. Last week, Toyota, Ford and Honda released some of their affected models.Read [ Takata Air Bag Recall Expands - 3.3M More Vehicles Affected ]
January 18, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: It’s one thing for a medical device to result in unwanted side effects and adverse events. However, that frustration is further exacerbated when the medical device thought to be at the root of newfound pain and suffering, has failed to do its intended job in the first place. Thus, the original implantation was all for naught. That’s the claim made by a recent surgical mesh lawsuit involving the now-recalled Ethicon Physiomesh filed last week in Idaho.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit ]
January 17, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Phoenix, AZ: The first Bard IVC Filters bellwether case begins on March 14 in Phoenix before U.S. District Court Judge David Campbell. The three-week jury trial--Sherr-Una Booker v. C. R. Bard Incorporated and Bard Peripheral Vascular Incorporated (2:16-cv-00474)-- involves tilt, migration, fracture and perforation with serious injuries. The Plaintiffs claim that due to manufacturing and design defects, Bard filters are more dangerous than other IVC filters, and that Bard failed to warn about the higher risks.Read [ The First Bard IVC Filter Jury Trial and Expert Witness Testimony ]
January 16, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Seattle, WA: Amazon and Jungle Trux, based in King County, WA, have started the new year facing an unpaid overtime and employment class action lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by two package delivery drivers who allege Jungle Trux and Amazon failed to pay them overtime, undercounted their hours, and failed to provide them with required breaks.Read [ Jungle Trux Drivers the Latest to Challenge Unpaid Meal and Rest Breaks ]
January 16, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Palm Valley, CA: A California unpaid wages lawsuit has been launched against a landscaper responsible for maintaining the grounds at Palm Valley Country Club in Palm Desert. The allegations include wage infractions, off-the-clock work and improper wage statements.Read [ Landscaper Employee Files Proposed California Unpaid Wages Class Action ]
January 15, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
San Francisco, CA: More than 300 Monsanto RoundUp lawsuits have been consolidated into multidistrict litigation in the US District Court for the Northern District of California . Expert testimony about whether glyphosate, the main ingredient in RoundUp, is carcinogenic will begin in early March.Read [ Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? ]
January 15, 2018. By Brenda Craig.
St. Louis, MO: The courtroom was so packed with lawyers, clients, and interested parties that the Judge had to call for more chairs to be brought in at the first status hearing on the National Prescription Opiate Litigation proceedings in Cleveland, Ohio.Read [ Ohio Judge in Opioid MDL Wants Solutions ]
January 14, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: A study into medical bills, treatment costs at hospitals and emergency room charges undertaken last year and published in May by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine confirmed what we already know: charges for medical care can be excessive when compared to what Medicare and Medicaid interprets as the true value for services.Read [ Emergency Room Charges and What to Do About Them ]
- Canadian Class Action Launched Against Defective St. Jude Cardiac Defibrillators By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-18)
- New Year, New Unum Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-12-18)
- Game Changer Ruling for Risperdal Plaintiffs in Pennsylvania By Brenda Craig (Jan-12-18)
- Another Death Has Been Blamed on Defective Takata Airbags By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-18)
- Road Outrage: California Truckers Denied Fair Wages and Benefits By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-18)
- Denied Disability Claimant Wins when Administrator Blows Deadline By Anne Wallace (Jan-10-18)
- Androgel Bellwether Case Gets New Legal Team By Lucy Campbell (Jan-9-18)
- The Future of Takata Airbag Claims By Jane Mundy (Jan-8-18)
- Demanda colectiva contra Tesla por discriminación racial By Fernando Marcano (Translation) (Jan-8-18)
- Xarelto Bellwether Score is 3-1 for the Defendants: MDL to Map out Strategy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-18)
- Pregnant Worker Wins California Wrongful Termination Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jan-6-18)
- Multi-Million Landmark Verdict Holds EMTs to Account By Brenda Craig (Jan-6-18)
- Plaintiff Wants Appeal of Years-Long Claims, Defendant Opines to ‘Get on with It’ By Gordon Gibb (Jan-5-18)
- Court Rules in Favor of Essure Contraceptive Device Maker By Jane Mundy (Jan-4-18)
- Lots of Changes and Updates to California Labor Law with the New Year By Gordon Gibb (Jan-2-18)
- Second Airbag Recall for Ford and Mazda Trucks By Anne Wallace (Jan-2-18)
- Opioid Epidemic Biggest News Story in 2017, Opioid Litigation May be Biggest Legal News in 2018 By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-18)
- ‘Failure to Warn’ at Heart of Onglyza Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Dec-31-17)
- “I want this Mirena IUD out, over and done with.” By Jane Mundy (Dec-30-17)
- Knee Replacement Recipient is “Done with Surgeries” By Jane Mundy (Dec-29-17)
- $26 Million Georgia Medical Malpractice Award One of the Largest in the State By Gordon Gibb (Dec-26-17)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Verdict for the Plaintiff worth $22.17 Million By Gordon Gibb (Dec-25-17)
- DePuy Hip’s Million Dollar Surgeons “Taking Share of Business” By Jane Mundy (Dec-24-17)
- Alaskan Health Insurer Sues Abbott / St. Jude over Defective ICD Batteries By Gordon Gibb (Dec-24-17)
- Invokana Amputation Lawsuits Cite Consumer Advertising By Anne Wallace (Dec-22-17)
- Why the Bid to Dismiss SEC Whistleblower Lawsuit against Wells Fargo Failed By Gordon Gibb (Dec-22-17)
- Conductor de Turno demanda a Starbucks por Robo de Salario By Fernando Marcano (Translation) (Dec-21-17)
- $27.8 Million Xarelto Plaintiff Verdict Could be Tossed Out By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-17)
- Some Heart Patients with St. Jude Battery are Ticked Off By Jane Mundy (Dec-19-17)
- Two Arguments to Watch in Physiomesh Bellwether Trials By Anne Wallace (Dec-18-17)
- Victory for Risperdal Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Dec-18-17)
- Disabled Pediatrician Sues Unum for Denied Long Term Disability By Gordon Gibb (Dec-17-17)
- Cook Celect Filters Approved Through FDA Shortcut Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-17)
- 401K Lawsuit Finds Edison Human Resources Rep Liable for Breach of Fiduciary Duty By Lucy Campbell (Dec-15-17)
- The Sad Pathway to Airbag Injury By Gordon Gibb (Dec-15-17)
- Home Warranty Lawsuit Goes to the New Jersey Supreme Court By Gordon Gibb (Dec-14-17)
- Not Too Late for Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-14-17)
- The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year By Brenda Craig (Dec-12-17)
- ¿Los Franquiciadores como McDonald's son responsables del robo de salarios? By Fernando Marcano (Translation) (Dec-11-17)
- Monsanto v. Scientists over Glyphosate as a Probable Carcinogen By Gordon Gibb (Dec-11-17)