LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Yasmin Birth Control Legal News Articles & Interviews
February 5, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Hong Kong: While the FDA has been criticized for its lack of warning and other issues regarding Yasmin and Yaz, the agency is commendable compared to the Hong Kong Health Department. A Hong Kong man recently filed a lawsuit against Bayer claiming the oral contraceptive caused the death of his wife.Read [ Yasmin Death and “Lucky to Be Alive” ]
December 1, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Seattle, WA: Not a day goes by when Sharon doesn’t think she is lucky to be alive. To her surprise, she suffered a heart attack while on Yasmin and was about to have another, if not for the foresight of an ER doctor.Read [ Yasmin Time Bomb ]
August 7, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bayer Finally Shelling Out $57 Million to Yasmin/Yaz Settlement Fund ]
Pittsburgh, PA Bayer has finally agreed to set aside almost $57 million in a fund to settle Yasmin and Yaz claims outstanding as part of a multidistrict litigation program in Illinois federal court, and Yasmin/Yaz lawsuits that have been filed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California state courts. The settlement, which was announced August 6, will resolve arterial blood clot claims including heart attack and stroke.
June 5, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Some Health Providers Still Unaware of Serious Yasmin Side Effects ]
Seattle, WA If Shelly had been proactive with her health and knew about severe Yasmin side effects, she might not have suffered two heart attacks. And she only recently found out about Yasmin lawsuits from her gynecologist’s nurse.
April 16, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Yasmin Complaints Still Coming In ]
Bend, OR It’s surprising that not everyone has heard about Yasmin and Yaz side effects, and even more surprising that even with 100 deaths linked to the birth control pill, it is still on the market. Darla found out that Yasmin is dangerous just last month - when she suffered a life-threatening pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Fortunately, she found out by hospital doctors.
February 22, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Yasmin and Yaz Litigation “Wearing Everyone Down” ]
East St. Louis, IL Not only are several thousand women who have filed claims alleging serious Yasmin side effects frustrated by Bayer’s litigation strategy, or lack thereof: Federal Judge David Herndon issued a case management order on February 13, accusing Bayer of attrition, or wearing people down, as part of its defense strategy.
January 6, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Yasmin Lawsuits Far-Reaching ]
Toronto, ON Bayer has been hit with a class-action Yasmin lawsuit in Ontario and an attorney in Israel has applied to set in motion a class-action suit against the drug company for failing to update the birth control’s risks.
December 5, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Yasmin Victim’s Concerns, from Day Care to Funeral Costs ]
Charlotte, NC When the emergency room doctor told Janice that the drug she needed to break up Yasmin blood clots could be life-threatening, so many thoughts raced through her head: was her life insurance policy enough to cover the kids’ day care, her funeral expenses? How would her family manage?
October 22, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Yasmin Pulmonary Embolism Found, Just in Time ]
Worthington, MN When Jennie came out of surgery, she was told that Yasmin was the biggest factor in causing her to have a pulmonary embolism. And her doctor said that had she waited one more day, the 23-year-old wouldn’t be alive.
September 18, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Did FDA Consider Factor V Leiden Risk When Updating Yasmin Blood Clot Risk? ]
Washington, DC Given the media and medical scrutiny over Yasmin birth control, and the concern over the apparent role of drospirenone for increased potential of a blood clot or Yasmin DVT (deep vein thrombosis), most people are reasonably versed in the possibility of adverse health issues through the use of the new-age birth control pill.
- Physicians on Notice after $14 Million Yasmin Verdict By Jane Mundy (Aug-5-14)
- Yasmin Lawsuits Still Rising By Jane Mundy (Jul-12-14)
- Yasmin Lawsuits Still Rising By Jane Mundy (Jun-13-14)
- Following Suit: Yasmin Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (May-22-14)
- Two Lucky Women Dodged the Yasmin Bullet By Jane Mundy (May-4-14)
- Yasmin Lawsuit Nets $14 Million Award; Will It Affect Beyaz Lawsuits? By Heidi Turner (May-3-14)
- Chicago Stroke Victim Awarded $14M after Taking Yasmin By The National Trial Lawyers (Apr-22-14)
- It’s Trial by Fire As Lawyer Becomes Victim in Yaz Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Apr-5-14)
- Bayer Settles Yasmin DVT and Gallbladder Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Mar-22-14)
- Specialists Agree: Yasmin Caused Blood Clot By Jane Mundy (Mar-13-14)
- 10,000 Yaz and Yasmin Lawsuits Just a Cost of Doing Business? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-28-14)
- Nineteen-year-old Yasmin DVT Victim Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-14)
- The New Birth Control Debate By Heidi Turner (Feb-6-14)
- Yasmin Litigation Update By Jane Mundy (Jan-22-14)
- Debilitating Yasmin Side Effects Due to One Little Pill By Gordon Gibb (Jan-10-14)
- Yasmin and the Birth Control Controversy By Heidi Turner (Dec-31-13)
- Yasmin Miscarriage Lawsuit Filed—More to Come? By Jane Mundy (Dec-21-13)
- Yasmin Lawsuit Update with Attorney Jason T. Brown By Jane Mundy (Nov-8-13)
- Yasmin Gallbladder Settlement News to Yasmin Victim By Jane Mundy (Oct-4-13)
- Yasmin Death Toll and Settlements By Jane Mundy (Sep-30-13)
- 25-Year-Old Hours Away from Heart Attack or Stroke: Thanks, Yaz By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-13)
- Teenage Women Reportedly Suffer Blood Clots and Stroke Linked to Yasmin Birth Control By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-13)
- Yasmin Lawsuits Filed Internationally By Heidi Turner (Aug-30-13)
- Yasmin Almost Ruined Wedding Day By Jane Mundy (Aug-6-13)
- “File a Yasmin Claim, Just in Case” By Jane Mundy (Jul-28-13)
- More Plaintiffs Join Canadian Yasmin Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Jul-20-13)
- Yasmin Birth Control Suspected in Deaths of Canadian Teens By Gordon Gibb (Jul-7-13)
- Yasmin Blood Clots: “That Was the End of a Beautiful, Beautiful Girl” By Gordon Gibb (Jun-28-13)
- Health Canada Documents Link Yasmin and Yaz to Deaths By Heidi Turner (Jun-27-13)
- Woman Blames Yaz for Gallbladder Removal - When She Was 17 By Jane Mundy (Jun-15-13)
- Oral Contraceptives Linked to Heart Risk By Heidi Turner (May-31-13)
- Yasmin Gallbladder Victim Relieved to Receive Settlement By Jane Mundy (May-19-13)
- Bayer Acknowledges, Agrees to Settle Yasmin Gallbladder Problems By Gordon Gibb (May-11-13)
- Canadian Class-Action Yasmin Lawsuit Given Go-Ahead By Heidi Turner (Apr-30-13)
- 9,566 Reasons Not to Believe Yasmin Birth Control Is Safe By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-13)
- “Beware Muscle Pain,” says Yasmin Pulmonary Embolism Victim By Jane Mundy (Apr-4-13)
- Getting Off Yasmin Birth Control “Saved My Life” Teacher Says By Gordon Gibb (Mar-28-13)
- Attorney Advises Yasmin and Yaz Gallbladder Victims to Accept Settlement By Jane Mundy (Mar-27-13)
- Yasmin Side Effects Affect Otherwise Healthy Women By Heidi Turner (Mar-5-13)
- Yasmin Side Effects Life-Changing for Some Women By Heidi Turner (Feb-26-13)