LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Legal News Articles & Interviews
October 27, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Minneapolis, MN: Not every Stryker recall lawsuit is filed by a recipient, and not every Stryker injury is a physical injury suffered by a patient. To that end, a lawsuit filed against Stryker by an orthopedic surgeon and his practice claims injuries to the business amidst allegations of negligence, negligent misrepresentation and fraud on the part of Stryker.Read [ Not All Stryker Recall Lawsuits Are Filed by Patients ]
September 27, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Amidst Stryker Lawsuits, Calls to End FDA Fast-Track Loophole ]
Washington, DC When one considers that a full premarket approval (PMA) process for a new medical device is measured in years, the mere two months it took to get the Stryker Rejuvenate Modular Hip System approved for market seems remarkably short. This is especially true considering the relatively high failure rate and the subsequent voluntary recall of the Rejuvenate system by the manufacturer just a few short years after bringing the hip replacement system to market.
July 5, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stryker Orthopaedics Rejuvenate Modular Hip System Recall Compensation on the Way ]
Kalamazoo, MI The arrival of a settlement check in the mail at the start of summer vacation season would otherwise be considered a godsend. Imagine extra cash in hand for day tripping, or for landscaping, or to start a college fund or some insurance policies for the grandkids. However, for victims of Stryker Orthopaedics metallosis, that money is likely going to pay medical bills, with a little left over as compensation for any pain and suffering experienced through dealing with the failed device.
May 22, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stryker Recall Lawsuit Pretrial Order Appears to Void Original Surgery Deadline ]
Minneapolis, MN Back in April we mused about the various extensions of the deadline issued to prospective plaintiffs for the filing of a Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Modular Hip System Recall lawsuit. Originally, prospective plaintiffs were given little time following the announcement of the ground-breaking settlement last fall to file their claims. Deadlines were extended - twice.
April 15, 2015. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ The Stryker Compensation Deadline Has Passed—Again ]
Kalamazoo, MI When the Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Modular Hip System Recall resulted in the $1.45 billion settlement announced November 3 of last year, plaintiffs initially had no more than about five weeks to respond. Provided the hip implants had failed and had been replaced via revision surgery prior to the announced date of the settlement, respondents had until December 14, 2014 to react. No matter that the Christmas season was in full swing, the powers that be appeared to decide that five weeks was plenty of time to spread the word and get the ball rolling.
March 17, 2015. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Stryker Settlement Process Deadline Extended ]
Atlanta, GA The deadline to enroll in the Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Hip System settlement has been extended to March 30, 2015. This means patients who received a recalled ABG II Modular Hip System or Rejuvenate Modular Hip System still have time to register with the settlement, which was announced in late 2014.
December 17, 2014. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Time Limit To Qualify For Stryker Rejuvenate, ABG II Modular-Neck Hip ]
In a recent mediated settlement, Howmedica Osteonics Corporation agreed to a $1 billion settlement fund to compensate hip replacement patients who received the now-recalled Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Modular hip stems. However, with a mandated deadline fast approaching, Florida attorney Ben Stewart says time is of the essence. Tampa, FL (PRWEB) December 17, 2014: The medical device manufacturer responsible for the Stryker Rejuvenate and/or ABG II Modular-Neck Hip Stem system recently agreed to a mediated settlement fund totaling over $1 billion* to compensate hip replacement patients having received the problematic hip replacement devices. As reported in The New York Times, (11/3/14) that fund, provided through Howmedica Osteonics Corporation, which does business as Stryker Orthopaedics, is based on an expectation of a $300,000 payout per hip implant for any patient who qualifies.
December 13, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stryker Rejuvenate Settlement Fund Could Go Higher ]
Kalamazoo, MI Would-be plaintiffs affected by the Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Modular Hip System Recall have until tomorrow, December 14, to start the clock on their eligibility for a piece of the $1.45 billion Stryker compensation fund for the failed artificial hips. That’s the deadline to state your claim for a potential $600,000-plus windfall.
November 27, 2014. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Stryker Rejuvenate Neck Hip Stems Claim—Money Available ]
Tampa, FL All patients implanted with Stryker Rejuvenate and/or ABG II Modular-Neck Hip Stems qualify for cash payments from the court-administered settlement fund. Attorney Ben Stewart, from the Stewart Law Group based in Tampa, Florida, says, “We know there are many people out there that should be benefiting from the settlement fund and have not yet come forward. It is only fair that they receive what is owed to them.”
November 26, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Stryker Hip Recall Mediation Could Be a Sign of Settlements to Come ]
Kalamazoo, MI The recent mediated settlement in the Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Modular Hip System Recall will see a base payment of $300,000 made to plaintiffs who required revision surgery for a failed Rejuvenate or ABG II hip prior to November 3, and double that if revision surgery was required for both hips. Meanwhile, the mediated settlement of the mass tort has fueled speculation that other similarly large litigations could be settled in such fashion, outside of the trial courts.
- Stryker Reaches $1B Modular Hip Replacement Mass Tort Settlement By Lucy Campbell (Nov-4-14)
- Following Suit: Stryker Rejuvenate Lawsuit Updates By Heidi Turner (Oct-30-14)
- Stryker Orthopedics Metallosis Is Not a Good Source of Iron By Gordon Gibb (Oct-9-14)
- Her Third Set of Hips after Stryker Orthopedics Rejuvenate Modular Hip System Recall By Gordon Gibb (Sep-22-14)
- Victim: “Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant Not the Only Stryker with Defects” By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-14)
- Two Strikes with Stryker By Jane Mundy (Jan-13-14)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Not Sitting Well By Jane Mundy (Dec-6-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Has a Few Screws Loose By Jane Mundy (Nov-17-13)
- Stryker Recall: “Courage in the Face of Adversity” By Gordon Gibb (Oct-28-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Revision Surgery: More Questions Than Answers By Jane Mundy (Sep-30-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate “Best before Date”? By Jane Mundy (Aug-26-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Lawsuits Moving Forward By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-13)
- Stryker Hip Recall “Rubbed Me the Wrong Way” By Jane Mundy (Jun-26-13)
- Doctors Report Corrosion and Infection with Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Replacements By Lucy Campbell (May-29-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Lawsuit - Don’t Wait for the Pain By Jane Mundy (May-28-13)
- Stryker Hip Replacement Lawsuits Headed to Mediation By Lucy Campbell (May-14-13)
- When Stryker Rejuvenate Strikes, Patients Become Plaintiffs By Gordon Gibb (Apr-15-13)
- Stryker Orthopedics Under Fire for Marketing By Heidi Turner (Mar-18-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Litigation Update By Jane Mundy (Feb-24-13)
- Will Broadspire Carry Influence in Stryker Recall Lawsuits? By Gordon Gibb (Feb-12-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip “Squeals”-- Not with Delight By Jane Mundy (Jan-4-13)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Patient shows signs of Metallosis By Jane Mundy (Dec-9-12)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Put Patient “Over the Edge” By Jane Mundy (Nov-20-12)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip—Nothing but Agony By Jane Mundy (Oct-12-12)
- Four More Victims Strike Out with Stryker Rejuvenate By Jane Mundy (Sep-19-12)
- Florida Woman Now in Nursing Home, Files Stryker Recall Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Aug-23-12)
- Stryker Rejuvenate and other Hip Implants: Lawsuit Update By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-12)
- Stryker Strikes Rejuvenate From the Market, Will Lawsuits Be Far Behind? By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-12)
- Stryker Orthopedics Announces Voluntary Recall By Heidi Turner (Jul-19-12)
- Stryker Recall Alert for Hip Implant Patients By Abi Kistler (Jul-11-12)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Modular and ABG II Hip Implants Recalled By Lucy Campbell (Jul-5-12)
- Attorney: Stryker Rejuvenate Shows Same Complications as Metal-On-Metal Devices By Heidi Turner (Jul-3-12)
- Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Implant Recall in Canada—Why Not US? By Jane Mundy (Jun-30-12)