LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Missouri Lawyer Interviews
December 12, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Ridgeland, MO: Next year and the year after, St. Louis, Missouri will be the venue for a massive showdown in the courts between Johnson & Johnson and the hundreds of women who have filed lawsuits alleging there is a direct relationship between their ovarian cancer and the use of talcum powder-based products manufactured and sold by Johnson and Johnson.Read [ The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year ]
August 30, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Los Angeles, CA A jury trial in California recently ordered Johnson & Johnson to pay a record $417 million to a woman dying of ovarian cancer for failure to warn that the genital talc use could cause cancer. Eva Echeverria used J&J’s Johnson’s Baby Power on a daily basis for decades and claimed talc ultimately led to her cancer diagnosis.Read [ New Information Shown to Jury Produced Record Talc Verdict ]
July 26, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
St. Louis, MO A group of seven farmers are the lead plaintiffs in a class action lawsuit that claims “corporate greed” and “a rush to market” by some of the world’s biggest makers and promoters of agricultural chemicals caused farm crops to wither and die costing farm operators millions of dollars in lost revenue and possibly forcing them to switch all their seed stock to herbicide resistant Monsanto seed in the coming years whether they want to or not.Read [ Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops ]
September 19, 2016. By Brenda Craig.
Montgomery, AL: The Beasley Allen law firm in Montgomery, Alabama has been at the forefront of personal injury and wrongful death cases launched against Johnson & Johnson over the effects of its longstanding talc based baby power product. It’s alleged that constant exposure to the product has caused ovarian cancer in women.Read [ Talc Expert Witnesses Struck from Witness List ]
September 11, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ NuvaRing Attorney: Dates Set for Bellwether Trials ]
Dallas, TX A trial date has now been set for federal NuvaRing lawsuits, which are working their way through the court system. This means plaintiffs will soon see if they have made a strong enough case that NuvaRing side effects, including NuvaRing blood clots, caused serious injury. According to Dr. Shezad Malik, founder of the Dr. Shezad Malik Law Firm, the lawsuits filed against Merck, maker of NuvaRing, allege the contraceptive caused blood clots and other serious health problems.
May 17, 2012. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ NuvaRing Attorney: "We Allege Contraceptive Makers Did Not Warn About Risks" ]
Dallas, TX Women who suffered NuvaRing side effects may be eligible to join a NuvaRing lawsuit, alleging the makers of the contraceptive did not adequately warn about the NuvaRing dangers. Such dangers reportedly include an increased risk of stroke and venous thromboembolism. Dr. Shezad Malik, founder of the Dr. Shezad Malik law firm, says lawsuits are still in the early stages, so it is not too late for women—or the families of women who died after using the birth control to file their own lawsuits.
July 5, 2011. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Town Sues BP and Shell for Cancer, Cancer Risk and Collapsing Property Values ]
Chesterfield, MO Roxana, Illinois, population 1,547, is a tiny little klatch of wood frame homes resting along the Missouri border, some of them built not more than 500 feet from the site of the Shell Oil refinery that sprang up there at the beginning of the 1900s.
September 14, 2010. By Brenda Craig.
Read [ Popcorn Lung Lawyer ]
Independence, MO Chicago attorney Ken McClain says he doesn't mind at all if you refer to him as the Popcorn Lung Lawyer. "I don't mind if people say that," says McClain whose has been litigating against makers and suppliers of a butter flavoring product called diacetyl since 2002. "It's been very rewarding. We've done a lot of good and managed to get the diacetyl out of microwave popcorn."
June 10, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney Jeff Lowe Speaks About Denture Cream Poisoning ]
St. Louis, MO Patients who use denture cream may not yet realize they are at risk of developing denture cream zinc poisoning. Attorney Jeff Lowe, partner at Carey, Danis & Lowe, explains how products like Fixodent denture adhesive and Super Poligrip are associated with zinc poisoning and nerve damage.
April 27, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Attorney Jeff Lowe Speaks about Paxil Birth Defects ]
St. Louis, MO Women who took Paxil during the first trimester of pregnancy and whose children were born with birth defects should consider speaking with an attorney about their options. Jeff Lowe, a partner at Carey, Danis & Lowe, says serious birth defects have been linked to the use of Paxil during pregnancy.
- Attorney John Page Speaks about Missouri Accidents By Heidi Turner (Apr-7-10)
- Medical Devices May Lead To Particle Disease By Brenda Craig (Mar-17-10)
- Oral Sodium Phosphates Linked to Kidney Damage By Heidi Turner (Jul-25-09)
- Attorney Says Time's Running Out for Filing Avandia Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Jul-22-09)
- Attorney Discusses Reglan and Tardive Dyskinesia By Heidi Turner (Jul-21-09)
- Group Arbitration Beneficial to Auction Rate Securities Investors By Heidi Turner (May-13-09)
- Auction Rate Securities "Class Action is Dead" By Heidi Turner (Apr-6-09)
- File Auction Rate Securities Claims Now, Attorney Says By Heidi Turner (Feb-18-09)
- Attorney Sends Message About Accidents and Texting By Brenda Craig (Oct-9-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: Arbitration is Quicker than Settlement By Heidi Turner (Sep-8-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: Remember Consequential Damages By Heidi Turner (Aug-20-08)
- Interview with Asbestos Attorney Michael Hodges By Jane Mundy (Jul-22-08)
- John J. Page: New Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Club By Brenda Craig (Jul-17-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: "Take Prompt Action" By Heidi Turner (Jun-30-08)
- A Ray of Hope in Auction Rate Securities - An Interview with Diane Nygaard By Julia Browne (May-10-08)
- Diane Nygaard: Battling for Investors in Auction Rate Securities By Julia Browne (Apr-11-08)
- Attorney Maurice B. Graham on Equitable Recovery By Paul Halpern (Mar-29-08)