LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Missouri Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 4, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Jefferson City, MO:A St. Louis Circuit Judge in 2016 ruled that an Essure lawsuit filed by 92 women against Bayer could proceed in Missouri, but now that may not be the case. All the plaintiffs claimed they suffered injuries after having the permanent birth control device implanted, and they contended that Bayer is subject to jurisdiction in this state because it does business, generates revenue and conducts marketing for Essure in Missouri.Read [ Court Rules in Favor of Essure Contraceptive Device Maker ]
December 18, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
St Louis, MO: November was a good month for Risperdal gynecomastia plaintiffs, involving a multi-plaintiff case before a federal judge in St. Louis. And the only verdict that favored Johnson & Johnson in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas has been reversed.Read [ Victory for Risperdal Plaintiffs ]
December 12, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Ridgeland, MO: Next year and the year after, St. Louis, Missouri will be the venue for a massive showdown in the courts between Johnson & Johnson and the hundreds of women who have filed lawsuits alleging there is a direct relationship between their ovarian cancer and the use of talcum powder-based products manufactured and sold by Johnson and Johnson.Read [ The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year ]
November 25, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
St. Louis, MO: Does a win by Cook Medical in a recent bellwether IVC filter lawsuit, together with the release of a study suggesting that IVC filter use is beginning to trend downwards after thirty years of growth, point to the beginning of a sea change for the inferior vena cava filter industry, and IVC filter patients?Read [ Study Suggests IVC Filter Use is on the Decline, But Problems Remain ]
November 21, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Fresno, CA: The manufacturer of Monsanto Roundup is not taking any assertion, accurate or otherwise that Roundup causes cancer, lying down. To that end, Monsanto Co. has joined forces with other agricultural industry groups in a lawsuit aimed squarely at the State of California and the identification by the California Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) that a key ingredient in Roundup is known to cause cancer.Read [ Monsanto Still Fighting California’s Carcinogen Listing for Glyphosate in Roundup ]
November 18, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Anniston, MO:: Since Jane had her first transvaginal mesh implant she has dealt with pain and incontinence (she didn’t even have this issue before the implant), two rounds of Botox, self-catheterization, and infections and if it can’t get any worse, she and her husband can no longer have sexual intercourse.Read [ Transvaginal Mesh Victim calls Implant the “Alien Thing” ]
November 12, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: Courts have reversed two talcum powder judgements against Johnson & Johnson. The talcum powder lawsuits involve a woman who was awarded $417 million in August and another case was awarded $72. Both women have died from ovarian cancer.Read [ Talcum Powder Judgements for Plaintiffs Reversed, Casting Similar Cases into Doubt ]
November 4, 2017. By Anne Wallace.
San Francisco, CA: On October 11, 2017, a group of Onglyza plaintiffs filed a Motion to Transfer with the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation (JPML). The motion seeks to consolidate the Onglyza lawsuits filed throughout the federal court system in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. At the time of filing, there were 44 lawsuits pending in 24 federal jurisdictions, all of which put forth virtually identical legal and factual theories. Plaintiffs foresee the possibility that hundreds of Onglyza and Kombiglyze (collectively referred to as “Onglyza” in the motion) lawsuits will be filed in the future.Read [ Onglyza Lawsuits Seek MDL Status in California ]
October 23, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Los Angeles, CA: Another multi-million dollar jury verdict awarded to a woman who alleged she developed ovarian cancer from using Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder has been tossed by a California Judge.Read [ $417 Jury Verdict Tossed in California J&J Ovarian Cancer Lawsuit ]
October 18, 2017. By Lucy Campbell.
Jefferson City, MO: A $72 million verdict in favor of the family of a woman whose death from ovarian cancer was allegedly linked to her long term use of Johnson and Johnson’s Baby Powder has been reversed by The Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District.Read [ $72M J&J Talc Cancer Verdict Reversed ]
- Risperdal Judge Explains Reasons for Denying Janssen a New Trial By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-17)
- New Information Shown to Jury Produced Record Talc Verdict By Brenda Craig (Aug-30-17)
- Stryker Hip Replacement Leads to more Broken Bones By Jane Mundy (Aug-27-17)
- Still Too Soon to Take Echeverria to the Bank By Anne Wallace (Aug-26-17)
- Summary Judgment for DePuy Upheld in Defective Hip Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Aug-17-17)
- Toxic Talc Trial Begins in California By Jane Mundy (Jul-29-17)
- Not-Ready-for-Market Herbicide Kills Farmers’ Crops By Brenda Craig (Jul-26-17)
- Taxotere Multidistrict Litigation May Remand Some Cases to State Courts By Deb Hipp (Jul-18-17)
- Supreme Court Ruling May Affect Talcum Powder Lawsuit Claims By Deb Hipp (Jul-13-17)
- New Study Suggests Popular Heartburn Drugs Associated With a Higher Risk of Death By Deb Hipp (Jul-7-17)
- Risperdal Lawsuit Hit 18,000 and Climbing, Status Update Due in July By Gordon Gibb (Jun-25-17)
- More Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuits Transferred to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Jun-5-17)
- Talcum Powder Timeframe: From Scientific Studies to Safety Concerns to Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (May-23-17)
- Airbag Injuries and Defective Airbags Getting More Complicated By Gordon Gibb (May-12-17)
- Round 5: Talcum Powder Plaintiffs versus Johnson & Johnson By Jane Mundy (May-1-17)
- Prilosec Kidney Damage Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Apr-16-17)
- Missouri Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Could Go to New Jersey MDL By Deb Hipp (Apr-11-17)
- Missouri Jury in Talcum Powder Lawsuit sides with J&J By Jane Mundy (Mar-22-17)
- Missouri Jury Finds in Favor of Johnson & Johnson on Talcum Powder Case By Deb Hipp (Mar-10-17)
- Number of Pending Risperdal Lawsuits Grows to 18,500 Cases By Deb Hipp (Mar-7-17)
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Whistleblower By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-17)
- New Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Against Johnson & Johnson Filed By Multiple Plaintiffs By Deb Hipp (Feb-9-17)
- Johnson & Johnson Loses Bid to Delay Talcum Powder Cancer Trials By Heidi Turner (Jan-23-17)
- J&J’s Cost of Defending its Talcum Powder is Rising By Jane Mundy (Jan-6-17)
- Essure Injury Lawsuits Moving Forward By Jane Mundy (Dec-13-16)
- Mothers and Grandmother Passed yet Talcum Powder Remains By Jane Mundy (Nov-7-16)
- Manufacturer Attempts to Escape Federal Pradaxa Wrongful Death Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Nov-4-16)
- Woman Awarded $70 Million in Talcum Powder Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Oct-28-16)
- Talc Expert Witnesses Struck from Witness List By Brenda Craig (Sep-19-16)
- Patients Still Filing Benicar Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Aug-28-16)
- Excessive Bank Fees: Did We Learn Anything From the $7.8 Million UMB Settlement? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-22-16)
- Young Man Prescribed Risperdal for being a “Little Hellion” By Jane Mundy (Aug-12-16)
- Body Powder Lawsuits Proposed for Multidistrict Consolidation in Illinois By Gordon Gibb (Jul-23-16)
- Attorneys from Capes Sokol Challenge Missouri’s Defense of Marriage Laws By LAS Staff Writer (Dec-7-14)
- Residents Near Bridgeton Landfill to Receive Settlement for Noxious Odors, Underground Fire By LAS Staff Writer (Apr-21-14)
- Frustrated Plaintiffs Continue to File Zimmer NexGen Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Aug-1-13)
- If Zoloft Is Proven Ineffective, Then Zoloft Birth Defects All the More Tragic By Gordon Gibb (Mar-21-13)
- NuvaRing Attorney: Dates Set for Bellwether Trials By Heidi Turner (Sep-11-12)
- Woman in Tylenol Coma for Six Weeks By Jane Mundy (Jul-19-12)
- NuvaRing Lawsuits Allege Patients Suffered Severe Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Jun-7-12)