Request Legal Help Now - Free
LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION

Attorney John Page Speaks about Missouri Accidents

. By
St. Louis, MOMissouri car accidents can be devastating events, leaving victims with lifelong injuries, years of medical appointments and rebilitation—and in worst case scenarios, loss of loved ones. If you or someone you love was involved in a Missouri auto accident, John Page, senior partner at Page Law LLC, has some important advice for you.

"The first thing I would suggest is to call the police right away," Page says. "Call the ambulance and go to the ER and get checked out immediately. Make sure you follow up with medical care and don't make any statements to insurance companies until you have talked with an attorney."

With car accidents, it is difficult to generalize because each situation is different. But, if possible, it is a good idea to contact an attorney immediately.

"Sooner is better," Page says. "Right away, we have our investigators go to the crash site and take photos of the scene and the vehicles in the car accident. Our investigators also get statements from witnesses before their memories fade. A lot of times, witnesses will have the accident on their mind, but when they go back to work and get into their own lives, they forget about the car accident they witnessed. It's crucial to get recorded statements right away."

That said, even if it has been a while since your accident, you may still have time to contact an attorney. Typically, the statute of limitations on auto accidents in Missouri is five years, and the statute of limitations in wrongful death cases is three years, although this varies and each situation is unique. Page says that accident victims should contact an attorney to determine what the statute of limitations is in their situation.

Another important point is that even if you feel you were partially at fault in your car accident, you may still be entitled to monetary damages.

"Missouri is a comparative fault state, which means that your damages are reduced by your percentage of fault," Page says. "So, start with 100 percent fault and $100,000 in damages. If a jury finds you 20 percent at fault for the accident and the other driver is 80 percent at fault for the accident, your damages are reduced by the percent of your fault. In this example, you would receive $80,000 in damages.

"You can be 50 percent at fault for an accident and in Missouri that means that you will still be compensated for 50 percent of your damages. Being 50 percent at fault is not a bar from bringing a claim. Further, if there were three defendants, a jury could find Defendant A 30 percent at fault, Defendant B 30 percent at fault and Defendant C 40 percent at fault."

Page Law LLC works with clients and law firms across the country handling car accident cases. "There are a few big interstates in Missouri," Page says. "I've handled cases for clients in many different states for crashes that occurred in Missouri."

If you have been involved in a Missouri car accident, you should seek the advice of an experienced Missouri car accident attorney. Page is a member of the Missouri Bar, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, American Trial Lawyers Association, The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and American Association for Justice.

READ ABOUT MISSOURI ACCIDENTS LAWSUITS

Missouri Accidents Legal Help

If you have suffered losses in this case, please send your complaint to a lawyer who will review your possible [Missouri Accidents Lawsuit] at no cost or obligation.

ADD YOUR COMMENT ON THIS STORY

Fields marked * are mandatory. Please read our comment guidelines before posting.

*Name:

Note: Your name will be published with your comment.

*Email Address:

Your email will only be used if a response is needed.
*Your Comment:

Are you the defendant or a subject matter expert on this topic with an opposing viewpoint? We'd love to hear your comments here as well, or if you'd like to contact us for an interview please submit your details here.


Click to learn more about LawyersandSettlements.com
Request Legal Help Now! - Free