LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Ethicon Physiomesh Legal News Articles & Interviews
May 27, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland ]
Lancaster, SC Ruth underwent three abdominal mesh surgeries in the last few years, all of them unsuccessful. She now lives with an ugly scar and constant pain. She replaced her addiction to prescription painkillers with Suboxone (prevents painful addiction withdrawal) and trips to the emergency room with visits to the addiction center.
April 23, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed ]
Washington, DC Boston Scientific will pay $188.6 million to resolve transvaginal mesh lawsuits in 47 states and the District of Columbia. This means that tens of thousands of women who have been injured by vaginal mesh implants will qualify for some restitution.
February 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled ]
Atlanta, GA The Ethicon Physiomesh bellwether trial schedule, which was delayed due to COVID-19, has been confirmed by U.S. District Judge Richard Story in the Northern District of Georgia. The first hernia mesh complications case will go before a jury in March 2021.
January 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned ]
Columbus, OH Having been delayed three times now, the first C.R. Bard hernia mesh lawsuit is slated for April 19, 2021. The bellwether jury trial has been centralized before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus in the Southern District of Ohio. At issue is that Bard and its subsidiary Davol knew and when they knew about their defective hernia mesh.
December 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” ]
Harrisburg, PA Kelly and John are just two of more than one million hernia repair surgeries performed yearly in the U.S., and 90 percent use surgical mesh. Recent reports indicate that one out of every three patients have suffered common mesh complications, some of which led to surgical mesh lawsuits.
November 11, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays ]
Concord, MA Hernia mesh lawsuits filed against three medical device manufacturers have been delayed mainly because of the coronavirus pandemic, and bellwether trials have been delayed a few times already. Nearly 15,000 hernia mesh claims pending in the federal court system have been consolidated in three multi-district litigations (MDLs).
October 18, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ C.R. Bard Hernia Mesh Trial Gets the Green Light ]
Santa Clara, CA Federal hernia mesh lawsuits filed against C.R. Bard are proceeding with the first bellwhether trial scheduled for January 2021 (it was postponed due to COVID), despite numerous efforts by the medical device maker to have the case dismissed. This trial may well indicate the future of hernia mesh litigation and significantly impact up to 10,000 pending hernia mesh cases.
September 12, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? ]
Atlanta, GA Judge Richard W. Story has now identified ten bellwether Ethicon Physiomesh lawsuits that will likely shape the multidistrict litigation pending in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia. Trials in these hernia mesh lawsuits are now scheduled to begin in April 2020. But there will be plenty to watch even before opening statements begin.
June 17, 2019. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit ]
Philadelphia, PA On May 17, a jury returned an $80 million verdict for Patricia and George Mesigian in their surgical mesh lawsuit against Johnson & Johnson subsidiary Ethicon. The award included $50 million in punitive damages and a record-setting $30 million in compensatory damages.
Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested?
April 10, 2019. By Jane Mundy.
Tallahassee, FL: Shirley had abdominal mesh implanted following the resection of colon cancer. That was in 2008 and she has been in debilitating pain ever since. And taking Oxycodone to numb the crippling abdominal pain not only resulted in an addiction to opioids; she had to give up her job as a federal prison officer. Wait, it gets worse: her surgeon said all the mesh cannot be removed because it has eroded into her bowel.Read [ Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested? ]
- Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-30-18)
- Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-18)
- California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Feb-15-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-18)
- Two Arguments to Watch in Physiomesh Bellwether Trials By Anne Wallace (Dec-18-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Alleges Defective Product By Gordon Gibb (Nov-16-17)
- Texas Plaintiff Joins Flood of Lawsuits Citing Ethicon Physiomesh Problems By Gordon Gibb (Nov-4-17)
- Is Abdominal Mesh Overused? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-14-17)
- “The More I Find Out about this Hernia Mesh, the Angrier I Get, “ says Surgical Mesh Victim By Jane Mundy (Aug-29-17)
- Pain from Surgical Mesh Complications Dropped Physiomesh Patient “To My Knees” By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Agony and Advice By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Withdrawn from Market, Never Formally Recalled By Gordon Gibb (Jul-17-17)
- Canadians Miffed at Failed Physiomesh Approved Under FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Complaints Rise in Canada, MDL Established in the US By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-17)
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial By Lucy Campbell (Jun-15-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-8-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-15-17)
- First Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Slated for Trial – and More Mesh Complications By Jane Mundy (Mar-1-17)
- Hernia Mesh Implants: Risks Outweigh Benefits By Jane Mundy (Feb-5-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- New Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-26-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Deaths Reported as Injuries? By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication No Respecter of Borders By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-16)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Springs from Medical Device Withdrawl By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-16)
- Attorney: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh Withdrawn Due to High Revision Rates By Heidi Turner (Oct-22-16)