LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Ethicon Physiomesh Legal News Articles & Interviews
November 22, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ FDA: Transvaginal Mesh Not Worth the Risk in Treating Pelvic Organ Prolapse ]
Silver Spring, MD The FDA reviewed Boston Scientific’s latest studies of the pros and cons of using transvaginal mesh to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and doubled down on its earlier conclusion that the risks outweighed the benefits. In 2019, after a spate of surgical mesh lawsuits, the FDA ordered Boston Scientific to immediately pull its transvaginal mesh products off the market.
October 19, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Second Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Dayton, OH While the first Bard hernia mesh bellwether trial is described by legal experts as a “crushing blow” to plaintiffs, others opine that it will likely have minimal impact on the overall outcome of the hernia mesh litigation. Round two is now underway.
September 23, 2021. By Anne Wallace.
Read [ Jury Hands Bard Quick Win in First Surgical Mesh MDL Lawsuit ]
Columbus, OH It took the jury only hours to come back with a resounding victory for C.R. Bard in first bellwether surgical mesh lawsuit in the Multidistrict Litigation consolidated in the Southern District of Ohio. On September 8, the jury in Johns v. C.R. Bard, et al found in the defendants’ favor on all of Steven Johns' claims against them. No damages were awarded to Johns.
August 31, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Underway ]
Columbus, OH More than 8,000 hernia mesh patients and their attorneys who filed Ethicon physiomesh complaints are likely watching closely C.R. Bard’s first bellwether trial, which is expected to last five weeks and two days.
May 27, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh Surgery Destroys Life, say patients in the U.S. and Scotland ]
Lancaster, SC Ruth underwent three abdominal mesh surgeries in the last few years, all of them unsuccessful. She now lives with an ugly scar and constant pain. She replaced her addiction to prescription painkillers with Suboxone (prevents painful addiction withdrawal) and trips to the emergency room with visits to the addiction center.
April 23, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Boston Scientific Vaginal Mesh Settlement and More Abdominal Mesh Lawsuits Filed ]
Washington, DC Boston Scientific will pay $188.6 million to resolve transvaginal mesh lawsuits in 47 states and the District of Columbia. This means that tens of thousands of women who have been injured by vaginal mesh implants will qualify for some restitution.
February 20, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Ethicon Litigation Dragging but Bellwether Trials Rescheduled ]
Atlanta, GA The Ethicon Physiomesh bellwether trial schedule, which was delayed due to COVID-19, has been confirmed by U.S. District Judge Richard Story in the Northern District of Georgia. The first hernia mesh complications case will go before a jury in March 2021.
January 15, 2021. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Bard Hernia Mesh Bellwether Trial Posptoned ]
Columbus, OH Having been delayed three times now, the first C.R. Bard hernia mesh lawsuit is slated for April 19, 2021. The bellwether jury trial has been centralized before U.S. District Judge Edmund A. Sargus in the Southern District of Ohio. At issue is that Bard and its subsidiary Davol knew and when they knew about their defective hernia mesh.
December 7, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Abdominal Mesh “Like a Chunk of Iron in my Stomach” ]
Harrisburg, PA Kelly and John are just two of more than one million hernia repair surgeries performed yearly in the U.S., and 90 percent use surgical mesh. Recent reports indicate that one out of every three patients have suffered common mesh complications, some of which led to surgical mesh lawsuits.
November 12, 2020. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Hernia Mesh Lawsuits Tangled in Delays ]
Concord, MA Hernia mesh lawsuits filed against three medical device manufacturers have been delayed mainly because of the coronavirus pandemic, and bellwether trials have been delayed a few times already. Nearly 15,000 hernia mesh claims pending in the federal court system have been consolidated in three multi-district litigations (MDLs).
- C.R. Bard Hernia Mesh Trial Gets the Green Light By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-20)
- What’s Next for Ethicon Hernia Mesh Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Sep-12-19)
- $80 Million Verdict in Ethicon Prolift Pelvic Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Jun-17-19)
- Abdominal Mesh Victim Prescribed Oxycontin--Could the Pain have been Avoided if Medical Devices were Tested? By Jane Mundy (Apr-10-19)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 By Gordon Gibb (Mar-30-18)
- Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess By Jane Mundy (Feb-20-18)
- California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Feb-15-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-18)
- Two Arguments to Watch in Physiomesh Bellwether Trials By Anne Wallace (Dec-19-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Alleges Defective Product By Gordon Gibb (Nov-16-17)
- Texas Plaintiff Joins Flood of Lawsuits Citing Ethicon Physiomesh Problems By Gordon Gibb (Nov-4-17)
- Is Abdominal Mesh Overused? By Gordon Gibb (Oct-14-17)
- “The More I Find Out about this Hernia Mesh, the Angrier I Get, “ says Surgical Mesh Victim By Jane Mundy (Aug-29-17)
- Pain from Surgical Mesh Complications Dropped Physiomesh Patient “To My Knees” By Gordon Gibb (Aug-12-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Agony and Advice By Jane Mundy (Jul-26-17)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Withdrawn from Market, Never Formally Recalled By Gordon Gibb (Jul-18-17)
- Canadians Miffed at Failed Physiomesh Approved Under FDA 510(k) Clearance By Gordon Gibb (Jun-29-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Complaints Rise in Canada, MDL Established in the US By Jane Mundy (Jun-17-17)
- Woman Awarded $2.1M in Fourth Pelvic Mesh Trial By Lucy Campbell (Jun-15-17)
- Surgical Mesh Lawsuit Nets $2.16 Million for Pen Argyl Plaintiff By Gordon Gibb (May-28-17)
- $20M Verdict Awarded in Third Ethicon TVT Mesh Lawsuit By Lucy Campbell (May-15-17)
- Canada Concerned about Abdominal Hernia Mesh—and the 501k Process By Jane Mundy (May-9-17)
- Abdominal Mesh Recipient has More Pain after Hernia Surgery By Jane Mundy (Apr-7-17)
- Two Recent Surgical Mesh Lawsuits Assert Ethicon Physiomesh is Defective By Gordon Gibb (Mar-16-17)
- First Physiomesh Hernia Mesh Lawsuit Slated for Trial – and More Mesh Complications By Jane Mundy (Mar-2-17)
- Hernia Mesh Implants: Risks Outweigh Benefits By Jane Mundy (Feb-5-17)
- Attorney Anticipates Surgical Mesh and Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits Similar in Volume By Jane Mundy (Jan-11-17)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication Increases with Procedures Performed in Tandem By Gordon Gibb (Dec-9-16)
- New Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Nov-27-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Deaths Reported as Injuries? By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-16)
- Transvaginal Mesh Complication No Respecter of Borders By Gordon Gibb (Nov-11-16)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Lawsuit Springs from Medical Device Withdrawl By Gordon Gibb (Nov-2-16)
- Attorney: Ethicon Physiomesh Flexible Composite Mesh Withdrawn Due to High Revision Rates By Heidi Turner (Oct-23-16)