Legal News Articles - Defective Products
February 20, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
New Brunswick, NJ: Jurors at an asbestos lawsuit currently underway in New Jersey have heard that an expert witness for the plaintiff may not have considered all statistical and reported evidence in his analysis which led him to believe that talcum powder manufactured by co-defendant Johnson & Johnson (J&J) does currently, or did at one time contain asbestos.Read [ Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit Currently Underway in New Jersey ]
February 19, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Raleigh, NC: Daniel complained to his surgeon time and again about pain and swelling from his abdominal surgical mesh used to repair a hernia back in 2015, but he was told it was simply the "healing process" and that "time would heal". But how long does the healing take? In Daniel's case, time was not on his side.Read [ Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess ]
February 18, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Phoenix, AZ: With the scheduled start of the first Bard IVC filter bellwether trial set for next month, all eyes will be on the outcome to gauge how the remaining bellwether cases might fare, and ultimately what general direction the remaining 3,500 cases in C.R. Bard multidistrict litigation may wind up taking.Read [ First Bard IVC Filter Bellwether Lawsuit Gearing Up for March ]
February 15, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Los Angeles, CA: Zimmer, the maker of NexGen knee replacements and the defendant in a defective products multi-district litigation (MDL) has reached a preliminary settlement with the plaintiffs in the longstanding MDL.Read [ Tentative Settlement Reached in Zimmer NexGen Knee-Implant MDL ]
February 15, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Washington, DC: There is little doubt that the cloud which has been lingering for some time over Monsanto Roundup, billed as one of the most popular herbicides on the globe, remains controversial over continuing debate that Monsanto Roundup causes cancer: and specifically, the active ingredient known as glyphosate.Read [ EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues ]
February 15, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Los Angeles, CA: The Johnson & Johnson Ethicon surgical mesh lawsuits just keep on coming. On January 19, 2018, Sharon Smith filed a new Hernia Mesh lawsuit in the US District Court for the Central District of California.Read [ California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit ]
February 14, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC. Essure critics last week met with FDA chief Scott Gottlieb to discuss problems with the sterilization device, particularly Bayer's failure to warn of Essure's serious complications. But Gottlieb said they need to wait for Bayer to finish its safety study - in 2023! Perhaps those critics should have brought to the meeting lawyers, guns and money.Read [ More Pressure to Withdraw Essure ]
February 13, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Southlake, TX: Some DePuy ASR hip replacement patients are having problems finding a surgeon to perform revision surgery. Besides having to deal with a defective medical device, surgeons are in a dilemma and the FDA could have done more to help patients.Read [ Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement ]
February 13, 2018. By Lucy Campbell.
Santa Cruz,CA: Takata, the Japanese maker of airbags that contained defective inflators, which caused injuries and more than a dozen deaths of drivers and passengers, has reached a settlement to pay tort claimants.Read [ Takata Reaches Settlement Deal with Injured Drivers ]
February 11, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Philadelphia, PA: A jury verdict in favor of the plaintiff in a bellwether Xarelto lawsuit that was in danger of being overturned was, indeed tossed - but not for reasons that had been previously speculated.Read [ Xarelto Verdict for the Plaintiff Overturned in Bellwether Case ]
- The FDA Warning Letter RE: St. Jude ICD Batteries One Year Later By Gordon Gibb (Feb-10-18)
- Risperdal Patient "Never asked for Gynecomastia or Weight Gain" By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-18)
- Childhood Asthma Risk Linked to Mother’s PPI Use during Pregnancy By Anne Wallace (Feb-5-18)
- Social Worker and Mother in Recovery 30 years from Opioid Prescriptions, Son Died from Overdose By Jane Mundy (Feb-2-18)
- And Now There Are 21 Takata Airbag Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Feb-1-18)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler Case Awaits Consolidation Decision By Brenda Craig (Jan-29-18)
- DePuy Faces Yet Another Lawsuit Concerning its Attune Knee Replacement System By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-18)
- Onglyza Litigation Ramps Up By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-18)
- Tracking Systems in the U.K Key to Care for Hip Implant Patients, But Non-Existent in the U.S. By Jane Mundy (Jan-26-18)
- Lanzo Talcum Powder Mesothelioma Toxic Tort Trial Opens in New Jersey By Anne Wallace (Jan-22-18)
- Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-18)
- Takata Air Bag Recall Expands - 3.3M More Vehicles Affected By Lucy Campbell (Jan-19-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-18)
- The First Bard IVC Filter Jury Trial and Expert Witness Testimony By Jane Mundy (Jan-17-18)
- Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Jan-15-18)
- Ohio Judge in Opioid MDL Wants Solutions By Brenda Craig (Jan-15-18)
- Canadian Class Action Launched Against Defective St. Jude Cardiac Defibrillators By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-18)
- Game Changer Ruling for Risperdal Plaintiffs in Pennsylvania By Brenda Craig (Jan-12-18)
- Another Death Has Been Blamed on Defective Takata Airbags By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-18)
- Androgel Bellwether Case Gets New Legal Team By Lucy Campbell (Jan-9-18)
- The Future of Takata Airbag Claims By Jane Mundy (Jan-8-18)
- Xarelto Bellwether Score is 3-1 for the Defendants: MDL to Map out Strategy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-18)
- Court Rules in Favor of Essure Contraceptive Device Maker By Jane Mundy (Jan-4-18)
- Second Airbag Recall for Ford and Mazda Trucks By Anne Wallace (Jan-2-18)
- Opioid Epidemic Biggest News Story in 2017, Opioid Litigation May be Biggest Legal News in 2018 By Jane Mundy (Jan-1-18)
- ‘Failure to Warn’ at Heart of Onglyza Lawsuits By Anne Wallace (Dec-31-17)
- “I want this Mirena IUD out, over and done with.” By Jane Mundy (Dec-30-17)
- Knee Replacement Recipient is “Done with Surgeries” By Jane Mundy (Dec-29-17)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Verdict for the Plaintiff worth $22.17 Million By Gordon Gibb (Dec-25-17)
- Alaskan Health Insurer Sues Abbott / St. Jude over Defective ICD Batteries By Gordon Gibb (Dec-24-17)
- DePuy Hip’s Million Dollar Surgeons “Taking Share of Business” By Jane Mundy (Dec-24-17)
- Invokana Amputation Lawsuits Cite Consumer Advertising By Anne Wallace (Dec-22-17)
- $27.8 Million Xarelto Plaintiff Verdict Could be Tossed Out By Gordon Gibb (Dec-20-17)
- Some Heart Patients with St. Jude Battery are Ticked Off By Jane Mundy (Dec-19-17)
- Two Arguments to Watch in Physiomesh Bellwether Trials By Anne Wallace (Dec-18-17)
- Victory for Risperdal Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Dec-18-17)
- Cook Celect Filters Approved Through FDA Shortcut Protocol By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-17)
- The Sad Pathway to Airbag Injury By Gordon Gibb (Dec-15-17)
- Not Too Late for Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Dec-14-17)
- The Talcum Powder Cases Heading for Massive Trials Next Year By Brenda Craig (Dec-12-17)