Legal News Articles - Defective Products
June 19, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Los Angeles, CA: The chances of a defective Takata airbag exploding and firing metal shards at you, even in a minor fender bender, increase with rising temperatures. But the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says many people driving unsafe cars, including Honda, Ford and Mazda, haven’t grasped the recall’s urgency.Read [ Takata Airbag Recall Heating Up ]
May 25, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: Of about 50 million Takata defective airbags being recalled, some vehicles are more dangerous than others, according to the US. Department of Transportation. And some places have a greater potential to cause inflator ruptures—heat and humidity are risk factors.Read [ US DOT: Your Car and Where You Live May Increase Defective Airbag Risk ]
April 28, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: If you received an “owner notification letter” from your car dealership regarding a defective airbag and there was a problem getting a replacement inflator, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says supply problems are over. But the Center for Auto Safety states that only a fraction of car owners have acted, with nearly 60 percent of inflators untouched. That statement, however, may not be completely accurate.Read [ Vehicle Owners with Defective Takata Airbags Urged to Get Replacement ]
“The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney
March 31, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Austin, TX: By now, most everyone following the talcum powder lawsuits against Johnson & Johnson know the company is accused of failure to warn consumers about ovarian cancer risks. What they likely don’t know is that J&J isn’t required to disclose all the ingredients in their talc recipe. Attorney Mark Mueller urges the public to demand transparency…Read [ “The Public Must Pressure Johnson & Johnson to List all their Talcum Powder Ingredients", says Attorney ]
March 30, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Atlanta, GA: Plaintiff Sharon Smith would be understandably buoyed by news that the surgical mesh lawsuit file currently housed in multi-district litigation in Georgia is moving forward, with the first bellwether trials expected for September of next year. While nearly 500 lawsuits are currently housed in the MDL, a continuing barrage of cases have lead observers to believe that thousands of lawsuits could wind up in the MDL by the time bellwether cases begin in 18 months’ time.Read [ Ethicon Physiomesh Bellwether Trials to Start in September, 2019 ]
IVC Filter Trials: Cook Medical Bellwether Dismissed, Bard Bellwether, Cordis and Rex Medical Going Forward
March 27, 2018. By Jane Mundy.
Indianapolis, IN: Since 2003, thousands of IVC Filters lawsuits have been filed nationwide. If you have an IVC Filter claim, however, file sooner than later: Cook Medical claims were dismissed in the current bellwether case because they were filed more than three years after the device was delivered. But thousands more cases are set for trial.Read [ IVC Filter Trials: Cook Medical Bellwether Dismissed, Bard Bellwether, Cordis and Rex Medical Going Forward ]
March 24, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Dallas, TX: The bellwether defective hip implant lawsuits that were tried in the Northern District of Texas as part of multidistrict litigation 2244 have yielded some staggering awards for the plaintiffs. The latest Alice hip failure lawsuit ended with a $247 million award to six plaintiffs. A previous bellwether trial awarded $1.4 billion to a group of six plaintiffs, and another lawsuit ended with a $502 million jury award to five plaintiffs.Read [ The Curious Case of the Disappearing DePuy Damages ]
March 21, 2018. By Gordon Gibb.
Trenton, NJ: While a plaintiff having filed a recent Invokana lawsuit makes assertions pertaining to Invokana linked with cardiovascular injuries and kidney failure, it was the amputation of his right leg below the knee less than a year after starting on Invokana that ultimately prompted the plaintiff to move forward with his Invokana side effects lawsuit.Read [ Plaintiff Blames Loss of his Lower Leg to Invokana Use ]
March 20, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Trenton, NJ Environmental law has become better at protecting consumers from asbestos exposure in recent decades. But mesothelioma has a very long latency period, sometimes as long as 50 years. The plaintiff’s case in many asbestos mesothelioma lawsuits depends on finding very old samples of the product implicated in exposure. That’s tough, especially when those samples tend to be in the possession of the defendant.Read [ New Evidence Reopens Scotts Turf Builder Mesothelioma Lawsuit ]
March 18, 2018. By Anne Wallace.
Chicago, ILOn the advice of her doctor, Barbara Kaiser had Prolift pelvic mesh implanted in 2009 to treat her pelvic organ prolapse. She then began to suffer from low pelvic pain. It was only years later that she learned that this was likely a transvaginal mesh complication. Her doctor never told her about this and he, himself, claims to have not been aware of all of the risks, including the danger of severe and irreversible injury to his patients.Read [ Indiana Woman Wins $35 Million in Johnson & Johnson Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit ]
- Defective Airbag Deaths and Injuries Continue By Gordon Gibb (Mar-17-18)
- Defective Hip Litigation Continues On against Zimmer, Smith & Nephew By Jane Mundy (Mar-12-18)
- Will Pennsylvania Supreme Court Hear Risperdal Time Bar Appeal? By Gordon Gibb (Mar-12-18)
- Last-Minute Maneuvering Underway Prior to Next Round of Xarelto Lawsuits By Gordon Gibb (Mar-11-18)
- "Essure Problems" Women Bring FDA's Data to Meeting that FDA were Unaware Of By Jane Mundy (Mar-8-18)
- Georgia Plaintiff Alleges Use of Nexium Caused Chronic Kidney Disease By Gordon Gibb (Mar-4-18)
- Attorney is Hopeful Current Opioid Litigation will Pave the Way for Individual Opioid Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Mar-3-18)
- Takata Settles with 44 States. No Dough, Though By Anne Wallace (Mar-1-18)
- Deadly Onglyza Side Effects Set in Fast and Lawsuits Lumber On By Anne Wallace (Feb-25-18)
- Asbestos Mesothelioma Lawsuit Currently Underway in New Jersey By Gordon Gibb (Feb-20-18)
- Hernia Mesh a Helluva Mess By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-18)
- First Bard IVC Filter Bellwether Lawsuit Gearing Up for March By Gordon Gibb (Feb-18-18)
- Tentative Settlement Reached in Zimmer NexGen Knee-Implant MDL By Lucy Campbell (Feb-15-18)
- EPA Now Says Monsanto Roundup 'Likely' Does Not Cause Cancer, Debate Continues By Gordon Gibb (Feb-15-18)
- California Woman Slams J&J, Ethicon with 7-Count Physiomesh Lawsuit By Anne Wallace (Feb-15-18)
- More Pressure to Withdraw Essure By Jane Mundy (Feb-14-18)
- Houston, We Have a Problem with DePuy ASR Hip Replacement By Jane Mundy (Feb-13-18)
- Takata Reaches Settlement Deal with Injured Drivers By Lucy Campbell (Feb-13-18)
- Xarelto Verdict for the Plaintiff Overturned in Bellwether Case By Gordon Gibb (Feb-11-18)
- The FDA Warning Letter RE: St. Jude ICD Batteries One Year Later By Gordon Gibb (Feb-10-18)
- Risperdal Patient "Never asked for Gynecomastia or Weight Gain" By Jane Mundy (Feb-9-18)
- Childhood Asthma Risk Linked to Mother’s PPI Use during Pregnancy By Anne Wallace (Feb-5-18)
- Social Worker and Mother in Recovery 30 years from Opioid Prescriptions, Son Died from Overdose By Jane Mundy (Feb-2-18)
- And Now There Are 21 Takata Airbag Deaths By Gordon Gibb (Feb-1-18)
- Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler Case Awaits Consolidation Decision By Brenda Craig (Jan-29-18)
- DePuy Faces Yet Another Lawsuit Concerning its Attune Knee Replacement System By Gordon Gibb (Jan-28-18)
- Onglyza Litigation Ramps Up By Jane Mundy (Jan-27-18)
- Tracking Systems in the U.K Key to Care for Hip Implant Patients, But Non-Existent in the U.S. By Jane Mundy (Jan-26-18)
- Lanzo Talcum Powder Mesothelioma Toxic Tort Trial Opens in New Jersey By Anne Wallace (Jan-22-18)
- Transvaginal Mesh Collateral Damage Too High for TVM Settlement By Jane Mundy (Jan-21-18)
- Ethicon Physiomesh Plaintiff Starts New Year with Hernia Mesh Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jan-18-18)
- The First Bard IVC Filter Jury Trial and Expert Witness Testimony By Jane Mundy (Jan-17-18)
- Will Monsanto-Sponsored Science Poison RoundUp Lawsuits? By Anne Wallace (Jan-15-18)
- Ohio Judge in Opioid MDL Wants Solutions By Brenda Craig (Jan-15-18)
- Canadian Class Action Launched Against Defective St. Jude Cardiac Defibrillators By Gordon Gibb (Jan-13-18)
- Game Changer Ruling for Risperdal Plaintiffs in Pennsylvania By Brenda Craig (Jan-12-18)
- Another Death Has Been Blamed on Defective Takata Airbags By Gordon Gibb (Jan-11-18)
- Androgel Bellwether Case Gets New Legal Team By Lucy Campbell (Jan-9-18)
- The Future of Takata Airbag Claims By Jane Mundy (Jan-8-18)
- Xarelto Bellwether Score is 3-1 for the Defendants: MDL to Map out Strategy By Gordon Gibb (Jan-7-18)