LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Legal News Articles & Interviews
March 23, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medtronic Double-Dipping? ]
Kingston, GA Scott had no idea that his difficulty swallowing could be linked to a Medtronic Infuse bone graft. He was only aware of Medtronic complications when bone began to grow outside of the graft. Ironically, Medtronic is now selling a device to help with swallowing complications! It’s hard to swallow, but could Medtronic be double-dipping?
December 1, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medtronic Meddling Leads to Class-Action Lawsuit ]
Kingston, GA Allen, a Medtronic Infuse bone graft victim, is reading with great interest a Medtronic class-action lawsuit filed by its investors, claiming that Medtronic intentionally misled them and charging the CEO in a cover-up.
November 8, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Medtronic Lawsuit Plaintiffs Earn Relief from Special Appeals Court ]
Annapolis, MD The plaintiffs in a Medtronic lawsuit may have faced stormy seas when a trial court dismissed various claims against the manufacturer of the Medtronic Infuse bone graft. However, when a Special Appeals Court reviewed the case within the framework of the Medical Device Amendments Act of 1976 (MDA) and the various nuances of the framework that governs whether or not state obligations are preempted by federal oversight, the plaintiffs found some relief.
October 31, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Leaves Young Father Disabled ]
Apelousas, LA: Chris has been disabled for three years - since having a Medtronic Infuse bone graft implanted. “Ever since this Medtronic bone was put in my back, my life has been hell. I’ve worked all my life and I’ve always been the provider for my family,” says Chris.
“Now I can no longer be that man.”
September 4, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Plaintiff’s Assertions Over Medtronic Bone Graft Preempted: Judge ]
St. Louis, MO A federal judge in Missouri has thrown a wrench into the Medtronic lawsuit brought by plaintiff Kathleen Arthur, rejecting a majority of the plaintiff’s claims against the manufacturer of Infuse Bone Graft by way of a ruling that most of the plaintiff’s claims are preempted by federal oversight.
August 21, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Another Medtronic Off-Label Lawsuit, Senator Charles E. Grassley ]
Jefferson City, MO Another Medtronic Infuse lawsuit has been filed, claiming the off-label use of the Infuse bone graft left the plaintiff permanently disabled. A Missouri judge allowed the lawsuit to proceed after dismissing a motion by Medtronic Inc. to dismiss claims of fraud and intentional misrepresentation.
July 29, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medtronic Infuse—Another Bone of Contention ]
Columbus, OH Another Medtronic Infuse bone graft lawsuit has been filed against the company, again for providing misleading information about its bone graft product.
June 18, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Medtronic Pays Big in Lawsuit Settlements ]
Lake Placid, NY Although Leanne is still suffering side effects from a Medtronic Infuse bone graft a few years ago, she may soon be getting financial relief. The medical device manufacturer is paying $22 million to settle 950 Medtronic lawsuits.
May 13, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Settlement Good News for Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Victims ]
Los Angeles, CA Last week Medtronic agreed to settle its Infuse bone graft lawsuit for $22 million that involves 950 people. A further $140 million is estimated to also settle about 3,800 additional claims, 1,200 of which have been filed and the remainder (2,600) unfiled.
May 7, 2014. By Lucy Campbell.
Read [ $22 Million Settlement Reached for Some Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawsuits ]
San Francisco, CA Medtronic, the maker of a spinal bone graft product called Infuse Bone Graft, has said it will pay $22 million to settle about 1,000 lawsuits stemming from claims of adverse health outcomes related to the product and claims that the manufacturer illegally promoted the Medtronic bone product for off-label uses. Medtronic is also reportedly preparing a further $140 million to settle an even larger number of anticipated claims.
- Medtronic Infuse Victim Blames Surgeon and Medtronic By Jane Mundy (Apr-13-14)
- Medtronic Lawsuits Mounting By Jane Mundy (Mar-11-14)
- Another Medtronic Infuse Off-Label Lawsuit Filed By Jane Mundy (Feb-7-14)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft: Off-Label Use Leads to Medtronic Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Jan-14-14)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawsuits Filed by Injured and Investors By Jane Mundy (Dec-30-13)
- Will the Sunshine Act Shed Light on Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft? By Jane Mundy (Nov-25-13)
- Unfit for Duty - Veteran Blames Medtronic Bone Graft By Jane Mundy (Oct-30-13)
- The Hidden Costs of Medtronic Infuse By Jane Mundy (Sep-24-13)
- Federal Court Rejects Medtronic’s Preemption Claim In Off-Label Use Of Medical Device, Lieff Cabraser Announces By LAS Staff Writer (Aug-28-13)
- Medtronic Infuse Lawsuit Muddle By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-13)
- A New Direction, New Hope for Pursuing a Medtronic Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jul-25-13)
- Patient Not Given the Facts—Grounds for Medtronic Infuse Lawsuit? By Jane Mundy (Jun-21-13)
- Benefits of Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Misrepresented in Earlier Studies: Report By Gordon Gibb (Jun-20-13)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Hard to Swallow - Literally By Jane Mundy (Jun-7-13)
- Medtronic Infuse Growing Concerns By Jane Mundy (May-25-13)
- Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Involves Medtronic Infuse By Heidi Turner (Apr-20-13)
- Unwanted Medtronic Infuse Bone Growth Is Not the Growth Investors Seek By Gordon Gibb (Mar-31-13)
- Medtronic Infuse Causes Litany of Complications By Jane Mundy (Feb-11-13)
- Medtronic Infuse Patient Worse After Surgery By Jane Mundy (Jan-15-13)
- Stryker Biotech Off-Label Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Dec-17-12)
- Medtronic Slammed by Infuse Testimony to US Senate Investigators By Gordon Gibb (Oct-31-12)
- Federal Law Does Not Preempt Medtronic Lawsuit: Trial Judge By Gordon Gibb (Oct-21-12)
- Medtronic Infuse: Painful and Tragic Consequences By Jane Mundy (Sep-4-12)
- Medtronic Lawsuit Filed Despite Investigation Closure By Gordon Gibb (Jul-18-12)
- Medtronic Investigation Concludes as Another Medtronic Lawsuit is Filed By Heidi Turner (May-20-12)
- Medtronic Lawsuit Settled for $85 Million By Gordon Gibb (Apr-13-12)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Refused to Fuse By Jane Mundy (Mar-19-12)
- Evidence Mounts against Medtronic Infuse Graft By Jane Mundy (Mar-12-12)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Off-Label Adds Anger to Injury By Jane Mundy (Feb-2-12)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Neck: Off-Label and Off-Limits By Jane Mundy (Nov-6-11)
- Higher Cancer Rates Found in Patients who Received Medtronic BMP-2 By Lucy Campbell (Oct-26-11)
- Medtronic Ordered to Produce Infuse Bone Graft Safety Data By Lucy Campbell (Sep-27-11)
- Medical Journal Blasts Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Data over Alleged Bias By Lucy Campbell (Jul-1-11)
- Surgeons, Medtronic Under Investigation Over Infuse Complications By Lucy Campbell (Jun-22-11)
- New Infuse Study Contradicts Earlier Findings By Gordon Gibb (May-25-11)
- Rise of Spinal Surgeries in the Elderly Cause Concerns over Medtronic Complications By Charles Benson (May-8-10)
- What's the Real Motivation Behind Medtronic Infuse Off-Label? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-25-10)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft: Long List of Perks for Docs By Heidi Turner (Sep-27-08)
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft: Are Companies Going Too Far? By Heidi Turner (Sep-17-08)
- Doctors Face Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Sep-10-08)