LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATIONHome Page >> Mirena IUD Side Effects Lawsuit >> Articles
Mirena IUD Articles
December 30, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Toronto, ON. Nickey followed her doctor’s orders, and the Mirena manufacturer’s orders: five years after the IUD was implanted, she made an appointment to have it removed. But it wasn’t that easy. Next month will be the fourth, and she hopes final, attempt to have all of the birth control device removed from her uterus.Read [ “I want this Mirena IUD out, over and done with.” ]
November 9, 2017. By Brenda Craig.
Oakland, CA: The next twelve months will be critical for Mirena IUS (Intrauterine System) contraceptive plaintiffs currently engaged in a Multi-District Litigation lawsuit against Bayer alleging the hormone coated device leads to an intracranial condition with the potential to cause permanent blindness in some users.Read [ Lawsuit Alleges Hormone Coated Mirena IUD Can Lead to Blindness ]
November 5, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
New York, NY: A Mirena side effects lawsuit filed late last month accuses the manufacturer of the popular IUD of not doing enough to warn consumers about the potential for pseudotumor cerebri, or PTC, associated with the long-term birth control device. According to Court records the plaintiff has suffered from vision problems and a build-up of fluid since acquiring the device.Read [ Mirena IUD Lawsuit Alleges Grievous Mirena IUD Side Effects ]
September 4, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Newark, NJ: The majority of Mirena birth control side effects lawsuits are associated with device migration and various injuries stemming from the intra-uterine birth control device having drifted away from its original insertion point. Reported incidences of Mirena uterine perforation have included reports of uterine perforation when the device is initially inserted or at some point in the future after the device has been in service for some time.Read [ New Jersey Woman Files Mirena Lawsuit Alleging Blurred Vision ]
August 7, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Washington, DC: The number of women who have suffered Mirena IUD complications is unknown. Some women can associate problems such as cramping and infection to the birth control device because Bayer has listed such side effects on its label. But others may have developed more serious, unexplained problems.Read [ Why Mirena IUD implants are on the Rise ]
July 1, 2017. By Jane Mundy.
Fort Mitchell, AL:The Mirena IUD for birth control has been in the news recently, albeit under bizarre circumstances. One mom in Alabama posted on Facebook a photo of her newborn holding the IUD that was meant to prevent his appearance. A woman in the UK was implanted with Mirena when she was unknowingly pregnant—sadly the baby was stillborn.Read [ Pregnant with Mirena IUD ]
August 23, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
New York, NY: Although a federal judge said there was no way for Mirena IUD lawsuits in the multidistrict litigation (MDL) to continue after she earlier barred plaintiffs’ expert testimony, the women plan to appeal the case to the Second Circuit.Read [ Mirena MDL Over? ]
July 26, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Sacramento, CA: Crisha considers herself fortunate. Although the Mirena IUD was embedded in her uterine wall and she required surgery to remove it, “I never had any pain and my doctor assured me that everything is fine.” she says. Rebecca, on the other hand, suffered severe Mirena complications.Read [ Two Mirena Migrations and “Mirena Crash” ]
June 24, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Dallas, TX: Expert witness testimonies for plaintiffs in the Mirena IUD Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) have been blocked but Bayer’s clinical and causation experts stay, said Judge Cathy Seibel.Read [ Can Mirena Plaintiffs Win without Expert Witnesses? ]
May 28, 2016. By Jane Mundy.
Miami, FL: After more than 45,000 adverse event reports, thousands of lawsuits have been filed against the maker of the Mirena IUD for a number of health complications. Three lawsuits in the last month alone allege the IUD caused intracranial hypertension, also known as pseudotumor cerebri; uterine perforations; ectopic pregnancies; miscarriage and more…Read [ More Mirena Complications ]
- Mirena Lawsuits Claim Intracranial Hypertension and Wrongful Death By Jane Mundy (Apr-24-16)
- Mirena Litigation Setback for Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Mar-16-16)
- File Mirena Lawsuits Sooner than Later By Jane Mundy (Feb-19-16)
- A Myriad of Mirena Side Effects By Jane Mundy (Jan-20-16)
- Mirena User Diagnosed with Pseudotumor Cerebri By Jane Mundy (Dec-5-15)
- Despite Mirena Link to Pseudotumor Cerebri, No Warnings By Jane Mundy (Nov-7-15)
- More Migrating Mirenas Spell Trouble for Bayer By Jane Mundy (Oct-14-15)
- Judge Favors Plaintiff in Mirena Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Sep-18-15)
- Young Mother Blames Mirena for Ectopic Pregnancy By Jane Mundy (Aug-10-15)
- Mirena May Have Far-Reaching Complications By Jane Mundy (Jul-16-15)
- Mirena Complaints Mounting By Jane Mundy (Jun-26-15)
- Planned Parenthood Doesn’t Tell Teens Full Facts about Mirena By Jane Mundy (May-20-15)
- Mirena Statute of Limitations By Jane Mundy (Apr-21-15)
- Missing Mirena Warning By Jane Mundy (Mar-26-15)
- More Mirena Lawsuits Expected with New Study By Jane Mundy (Feb-28-15)
- More Mirena Complaints and Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-8-15)
- The Wandering Mirena IUD Spawns Yet Another Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Dec-10-14)
- Bayer Marketing Mirena to Teens By Jane Mundy (Nov-2-14)
- Mirena Statute of Limitations Good News for Plaintiffs By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-14)
- Mirena Lawsuit Alleges Unsettling Harm By Heidi Turner (Oct-1-14)
- Court Refuses to Consolidate Pseudotumor Mirena Lawsuits By Heidi Turner (Sep-12-14)
- Could Mirena Birth Control Side Effects Include Breast Cancer? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-29-14)
- More Mirena Migraine Lawsuits? By Jane Mundy (Aug-18-14)
- Mirena IUD Migration Sending Women Migrating to the Courts By Gordon Gibb (Jul-31-14)
- Bayer’s “Look and Feel Great” Marketing Plan for Mirena So Wrong By Jane Mundy (Jul-14-14)
- Mirena Side Effects Feature a New Wrinkle: Pseudotumor Cerebri By Gordon Gibb (Jun-30-14)
- Is Health Canada in Denial About the Mirena IUD Warnings? By Jane Mundy (Jun-11-14)
- Latest Mirena Litigation: Q&A with Attorney By Jane Mundy (May-23-14)
- Mirena Litigation Update By Jane Mundy (Apr-18-14)
- Mirena Victim Scheduled for Fertility Clinic By Jane Mundy (Mar-10-14)
- Mirena Led to Miscarriage, Hysterectomy By Jane Mundy (Feb-1-14)
- Attention Canadian Women: Before Getting Mirena IUD, Check Out US Mirena Lawsuits By Jane Mundy (Jan-10-14)
- The Missing Mirena By Jane Mundy (Dec-17-13)
- Did Mirena Complications Lead to Hysterectomy? By Jane Mundy (Nov-9-13)
- Another Mirena Miscarriage and Ectopic Pregnancy By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-13)
- Wading Through the FDA’s Mirena Reports By Heidi Turner (Sep-29-13)
- Mirena Side Effects by the Numbers By Gordon Gibb (Sep-20-13)
- “Why Isn’t Mirena Maker Warning Women of Risks?” By Jane Mundy (Sep-7-13)
- FDA Receives Reports of Serious Mirena Side Effects By Heidi Turner (Aug-29-13)
- “Women Must Know That Mirena Causes Miscarriages” By Jane Mundy (Aug-20-13)