LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
Hydraulic Fracturing Legal News Articles & Interviews
June 6, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Attorney Discusses RICO Lawsuit Involving Governor and Oil Companies: California’s “Water-Gate” ]
Bakersfield, CA Just when you think the water situation in California can’t get much worse, fracking in Kern County has resulted in contaminated water that has so far killed one plaintiff’s cherry orchard. A RICO lawsuit filed two days ago claims that Governor Jerry Brown’s office ordered the California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (DOGGR) to approve permits to inject contaminated water, which violates the Safe Drinking Water Act.
“The potential impact to our food supply and water supply is enormous,” says attorney Patricia Oliver.
June 3, 2015. By LAS Staff Writer.
Read [ Kern County Group Files RICO Lawsuit Against Governor and Oil Companies ]
Los Angeles (June 3, 2015) (Press Release) The Committee to Protect Agricultural Water, a citizen organization comprised of farmers and individuals concerned about California’s drinking water, filed a civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) complaint in Federal Court. The RICO Complaint alleges that Governor Jerry Brown’s office ordered the California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (“DOGGR”) to approve permits to inject contaminated water in violation of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
March 24, 2015. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking Linked to Adrenal Problems ]
Valley Grove, WV Five years ago Mollie and her husband purchased their dream home in the country. Chesapeake Energy a few years later started fracking nearby and their dream turned into a nightmare. Mollie believes her adrenal issues and other health problems are directly caused by hydraulic fracturing contamination.
December 22, 2014. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ New York State to Permanently Ban Hydraulic Fracturing in 2015 ]
New York, NY Opponents of fracking and those concerned over the health effects of hydraulic fracturing water contamination and similar issues are applauding a decision by the administration of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo to ban fracking in the state of New York. At a press conference December 17, Cuomo noted that potential health issues and risks to the environment stemming from a state review were too compelling to ignore.
September 24, 2014. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Study: People Who Live Near Fracking Sites More Likely to Report Health Problems ]
Pittsburgh, PA While many people have discussed the possibility that hydraulic fracturing and fracking contamination are linked to health problems in people who live near the sites, not a lot of research has been done into the issue. Water contamination and other lawsuits have been filed alleging people who lived near the sites suffered injury or illness as a result, but still not a lot is known about the potential link between fracking and health problems.
August 18, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking Lawsuit Based on Nuisance Dismissed ]
Karnes County, TX A Texas judge’s decision in favor of two oil companies in a recent fracking lawsuit may affect past and future hydraulic fracking claims that are based on emissions creating a nuisance and not with solid scientific and medical evidence.
July 6, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ New Earthquake-Fracking Lawsuits? ]
Bokoshe, OK Recent evidence from a number of scientists indicate that earthquakes in the US, including the largest quakes that occurred in Central Oklahoma, are linked to fracking, which will likely spur earthquake-fracking lawsuits against the oil and gas industry.
June 3, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking—the Great Divide ]
San Francisco, CA Both Democrats and Republicans last week sided with the oil industry and rejected a bill that would have put a temporary stop to fracking in the state of California.
May 20, 2014. By Jane Mundy.
Read [ Fracking Verdict Positive News for People Sickened by Fracking Contamination ]
Dallas, TX On April 22 - which coincidentally happened to be Earth Day - a Dallas jury awarded a Texas family $2.9 million in the nuisance claim they brought against Aurba Petroleum Inc. It is the first fracking lawsuit to result in a jury award and likely good news for other families who have been sickened by contaminated water and fracking chemicals.
April 29, 2014. By The National Trial Lawyers.
A Dallas jury awarded a local family $3 million for the illnesses they suffered from exposure to contaminated ground water, solid toxic waste and airborne chemicals generated by natural gas fracking operations surrounding their 40-acre ranch.Read [ Texas Family Wins Landmark $3 Million Verdict Against Fracking Operator ]
- Ohio Links Fracking to Earthquakes By Heidi Turner (Apr-21-14)
- Is Fracking Linked to Earthquakes? By Heidi Turner (Mar-18-14)
- Fracking Leads to Cracks in Home Foundation and Water Contamination By Jane Mundy (Feb-21-14)
- Celebs Join Fracking Fight By Jane Mundy (Jan-16-14)
- Fracking Elves Deliver Early Christmas Present By Jane Mundy (Dec-24-13)
- Wyoming Supreme Court to Hear Fracking Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-3-13)
- Celebrities in Solidarity with Anti-Fracking Protesters in New Brunswick By Jane Mundy (Oct-20-13)
- California Ocean Fracking: Another Fraccident Waiting to Happen? By Jane Mundy (Oct-15-13)
- Fracking Company Sent Packing By Jane Mundy (Sep-25-13)
- From Gavel to Shackles: Celeb and Sierra Club Protest Fracking By Jane Mundy (Aug-20-13)
- Hyrdraulic Fracking Causes Earthquakes, Study Finds By Lucy Campbell (Jul-17-13)
- The Case against Fracking: Forensic Chemist Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Jul-7-13)
- New Brunswick First Nation Says No Fracking By Jane Mundy (Jun-9-13)
- “We Can Light Our Water on Fire,” Says Fracking Victim By Jane Mundy (May-19-13)
- Legislators Trying to Temporarily Stall California Fracking By Gordon Gibb (Apr-21-13)
- Fracking Lawsuits Filed by Those For and Against It By Heidi Turner (Mar-24-13)
- “Frack Hack” Diagnosis: Fracking Lawsuit By Jane Mundy (Feb-18-13)
- Hydraulic Fracking Hits the Big Screen By Gordon Gibb (Jan-16-13)
- Colorado Town Faces Lawsuits Over Fracking Ban By Gordon Gibb (Dec-8-12)
- Hydraulic Fracturing Water Contamination Leads to California Lawsuit By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-12)
- “Fracking Contaminated My Well Water” By Jane Mundy (Oct-18-12)
- Fracking and Legal Recourse: Attorney Weighs In By Jane Mundy (Sep-25-12)
- Famous Musician Weighs In On Hydraulic Fracking By Gordon Gibb (Sep-6-12)
- Hydraulic Fracking Plaintiffs Reportedly Agree to Settle By Gordon Gibb (Aug-22-12)
- Is Fracking Causing Earthquakes? By Lucy Campbell (Jan-4-12)
- Fracturing Contamination Found in Landmark Study By Gordon Gibb (May-12-11)
- EPA to Investigate Hydraulic Fracking's Effects on Drinking Water By Lucy Campbell (Apr-6-11)
- Texas Town Officials Agree on Moratorium for Hydraulic Fracking By Charles Benson (Apr-6-11)
- Recipe for Fracking Soup Is a Mystery By Gordon Gibb (Mar-7-11)
- Upstate New York Community Launches Fracking Suit By Brenda Craig (Feb-25-11)
- New York Governor Halts Fracking Until July By Gordon Gibb (Dec-16-10)