Home Page >> Stevens Johnson Syndrome & Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (SJS/TEN) Lawsuits >> Articles
Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) Articles
May 13, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Snellville, GA: A Georgia woman claims that her skin melted off when she contracted Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) after being given an incorrect dosage of an antidepressant by a pharmacist.Read [ Woman's Skin Melts Off From Stevens-Johnson Syndrome ]
April 17, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Tampa, FL: Donna Rushing is a resident from Tampa who developed Stevens Johnson Syndrome from a medication she had been taking. While she was spared hospitalization and more serious SJS side effects that can often include massive loss of skin and life-threatening infections, her battle with Stevens Johnson skin disease was enough to cause her to lose weight, affected her eating and has left her with permanent scarring in her mouth.Read [ Stevens Johnson Syndrome Victim Has Permanent Scarring in her Mouth ]
March 19, 2017. By Gordon Gibb.
Houston, TX: The majority of patients and plaintiffs touched by the scourge of Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) can usually track, or at the very least suspect with a reasonable hypothesis that Stevens Johnson Syndrome symptoms materialize through the use of pharmaceutical drugs and medications including standard, everyday products such as over-the-counter (OTC) pain medication.Read [ Texas Woman Suffers Stevens Johnson Syndrome from Bipolar Medication ]
Government Agencies Release Recommended Warning for Labeling Drug Products Associated with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
February 19, 2017. By Deb Hipp.
Silver Spring, MD: Three US government agencies in January released finalized guidance on warning label wording for over-the-counter drugs that contain acetaminophen and labels regarding serious skin conditions such as Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS).Read [ Government Agencies Release Recommended Warning for Labeling Drug Products Associated with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome ]
January 12, 2017. By Heidi Turner.
Champaign, IL: The family of a young woman who died from Stevens Johnson syndrome has made a $22,000 donation to Vanderbilt University in honor of their lost loved one. Angela Anderson died around Christmas in 2015, only days after seeking medical attention for her SJS symptoms at a hospital. The donation is being used to fund research into SJS.Read [ Family Donates to University in Memory of Stevens Johnson Syndrome Victim ]
December 14, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Hartford, CT: Although there have been some huge victories for plaintiffs in Stevens Johnson syndrome lawsuits, 2016 saw a win for Johnson & Johnson, which was fighting a claim involving a young man who took his own life after developing Stevens Johnson syndrome (SJS). 2016 also saw the Supreme Court uphold a massive award for an SJS plaintiff, offering hope to other plaintiffs who allege they suffered debilitating side effects as a result of using certain medications.Read [ Johnson & Johnson Wins An SJS Lawsuit ]
November 5, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Chicago, IL: A new Stevens Johnson syndrome lawsuit has been filed alleging a child suffered from the serious condition after taking medication for a cold. The lawsuit was reportedly filed by Charlene Monk against Johnson & Johnson and Wal-Mart after her six-year-old daughter was diagnosed with SJS following a severe allergic reaction to medication.Read [ Stevens Johnson Syndrome Lawsuit Filed Against Johnson & Johnson, Wal-Mart ]
August 25, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
USA Today (8/16/16) recounts Sauers' struggle with SJS, which happened around 2008. Initially, Sauers thought he had rheumatoid arthritis, but the diagnosis was incorrect and he wound up with a diagnosis of Stevens Johnson syndrome.Read [ Stevens Johnson Survivor Wins Golf Championship ]
July 27, 2016. By Gordon Gibb.
River Falls, WI: It is a nightmare no child should face, especially a child of 12 looking forward to hitting the milestone that heralds the teen years. But Hannah Manche and her parents, a family from River Falls, Wisconsin could have no idea that the doxycycline antibiotic Hannah had been prescribed to combat what was suspected as Lyme disease would launch the young River Falls girl into the horrifying journey that is Stevens Johnson Syndrome.Read [ One Girl’s Stevens Johnson Syndrome Nightmare ]
June 27, 2016. By Heidi Turner.
Detroit, MI: The use of antidepressants has been blamed for a mother developing Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and almost ending her life. The woman, who was prescribed antidepressants to treat depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, was ultimately hospitalized in intensive care with SJS symptoms.Read [ Antidepressants Blamed for Stevens Johnson Syndrome ]
- Nigeria Issues Stevens Johnson Syndrome Alert By Heidi Turner (May-27-16)
- Was Toddler a Victim of Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-29-16)
- Woman Survives Stevens Johnson Syndrome Ordeal By Heidi Turner (Mar-4-16)
- Pfizer Still Anemic with Zithromax SJS Info for Consumers By Gordon Gibb (Feb-16-16)
- Supreme Court Will Not Hear Appeal of $140 Million SJS Award By Heidi Turner (Jan-21-16)
- SCOTUS Refuses to Hear Johnson & Johnson Appeal of $140M Children’s Motrin Verdict By The National Trial Lawyers (Jan-21-16)
- Auto Magnate Survives Stevens Johnson Syndrome By Gordon Gibb (Dec-1-15)
- SJS Patient Had Eyes Sewn Shut By Heidi Turner (Nov-17-15)
- UK Man Devastated by SJS and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis By Gordon Gibb (Oct-3-15)
- Problems with Stevens Johnson Syndrome Stem from Lack of Awareness By Heidi Turner (Sep-13-15)
- Could New Use for Zithromax Lead to Increased Cases of Stevens Johnson Syndrome? By Gordon Gibb (Aug-2-15)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Award Could Be $130 Million with Interest By Gordon Gibb (Jul-8-15)
- More Patients Suffering Effects of SJS By Heidi Turner (Jun-7-15)
- $63 Million SJS Lawsuit Award Upheld By Heidi Turner (May-5-15)
- SJS $10 Million Plaintiff Verdict: Will McNeil Finally Give Up on the Appeals? By Gordon Gibb (Apr-3-15)
- Some Stevens Johnson Syndrome Recovery Stories Miraculous By Heidi Turner (Mar-16-15)
- Woman with SJS Released from Hospital By Heidi Turner (Feb-7-15)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: Just One Little Pill… By Gordon Gibb (Jan-6-15)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Lawsuit Filed By Heidi Turner (Dec-3-14)
- Superior Court Rejects Defendant’s Motion regarding SJS Verdict By Heidi Turner (Nov-14-14)
- Inside a Battle for Life from Stevens Johnson Syndrome By Gordon Gibb (Oct-2-14)
- Is Pfizer Forthcoming to Consumers About Zithromax Stevens Johnson Syndrome? By Gordon Gibb (Sep-23-14)
- Oakley Orange, 8, Loses All of His Skin to SJS, but Is Now Helping Others By Gordon Gibb (Sep-17-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: Bug Bite Turns Tragic By Heidi Turner (Aug-27-14)
- Proud Veteran Fights a New Battle with Stevens Johnson Syndrome By Gordon Gibb (Aug-8-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Not the Only Risk Option with Zithromax By Gordon Gibb (Jul-27-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Lawsuit Allowed to Continue By Heidi Turner (Jul-15-14)
- The Zithromax Side Effects of Children, in Their Own Words By Gordon Gibb (Jun-25-14)
- Dartmouth Teen’s Near-Fatal Battle with SJS Has Two Happy Endings By Gordon Gibb (Jun-4-14)
- Zithromax SJS Warnings: Not Much Has Changed By Gordon Gibb (May-21-14)
- Researchers Examine SJS/TENS By Heidi Turner (May-2-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome: When the Side Effects Are Worse Than the Disease By Heidi Turner (Apr-23-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Case Highlights Need for Change By Gordon Gibb (Apr-2-14)
- Zithromax Lawsuit Alleges Lack of Zithromax SJS Warning By Gordon Gibb (Mar-26-14)
- Ibuprofen, Heart Burn Medication Both Linked to Stevens Johnson Syndrome Cases By Heidi Turner (Mar-11-14)
- Zithromax Side Effects a Nightmare for Parents By Heidi Turner (Feb-28-14)
- Stevens Johnson Syndrome Puts Young Father in a Coma By Gordon Gibb (Feb-6-14)
- Little Boy’s Heroic Battle with SJS Thought to be Induced by Medication By Gordon Gibb (Jan-20-14)
- Two Drugs Linked to Stevens Johnson Syndrome By Heidi Turner (Jan-13-14)
- Two More Drugs Linked to SJS By Heidi Turner (Dec-18-13)