LAWSUITS NEWS & LEGAL INFORMATION
ARS Legal News Articles & Interviews
January 30, 2010. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Auction Rate Securities Settlement as Anniversary of Market Failure Nears ]
Raleigh, NC Yet another bank has agreed to buy back auction rate securities from investors who say they were misled about the liquidity and safety of the securities. The move comes almost two years after the failure of the auction rate securities market in 2008.
August 21, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Auction Rate Lawsuit Launched Against Charles Schwab & Co. ]
New York, NY The auction rate securities debacle of 2007 has made a return to the public conscience with the recent filing of an auction rate securities market lawsuit against Charles Schwab & Co. (Schwab) by the Office of the Attorney General for the State of New York. In his lawsuit, filed August 17th, New York Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo alleged that the discount brokerage firm falsely represented auction rate products as liquid, short-term investments without disclosing the risks.
May 13, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Group Arbitration Beneficial to Auction Rate Securities Investors ]
Kansas City, MO If you are still undecided about action to take concerning your auction rate securities, a new option has opened up to you. Although some people have chosen the class action lawsuit route, others have decided to file individual arbitrations, alleging they were told that the auction rate securities market was safe. However, it is possible to file a group arbitration regarding Auction Rate Securities losses, and that is exactly what 1 law firm is doing.
April 30, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Wells Fargo in Hot Water Over Auction Rate Securities ]
San Francisco, CA The state of California has jumped into the auction rate securities fiasco, accusing Wells Fargo & Co of fraud for its role in the auction rate securities market. California is not the first state to get involved with auction rate securities and how they were marketed. Other states have taken action against what they allege are misleading practices in the sale of auction rate securities by a number of financial firms.
April 15, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Citigroup Global Fined Over Auction-Rate Debacle ]
Phoenix, AZ Long after the auction rate securities market dried up practically overnight, the fallout over the products and how they were sold continues. Auction rate securities were sold 'as good as cash,' but many an investor who went the auction rate route soon found out that things were not as they seemed.
April 6, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Auction Rate Securities "Class Action is Dead" ]
Kansas City, MO If you have been waiting for a class action lawsuit to compensate you for money lost in Auction Rate Securities it might be time to consider filing an arbitration. According to Diane Nygaard, founder of the Nygaard Law Firm, it appears that class action lawsuits will not help clients who had money in the auction rate securities market. Unfortunately, there are still firms who have not entered into a global settlement with their auction rate securities clients, leaving those clients without their money.
March 17, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Auction Rate Securities Brokers "Lie" ]
Miami, FL Like many other people who purchased auction rate securities, David S. (not his real name) says he was lied to about the liquidity of his investment. Investors say they were told that there was a solid auction rate securities market, based on which they purchased the securities. However, they learned too late that the auction rate securities were not at all guaranteed—and they lost access to a lot of money in the process.
February 28, 2009. By Gordon Gibb.
Read [ Investors in Auction Rate, Rate the Truth ]
New York, NY It may have been a year or more since the bottom dropped out of the auction rate securities market, but lawsuits tied to auction rate securities are continuing. Apparently investors who were sold products hailed as "good-as-cash" did not rate the truth on auction rate.
February 18, 2009. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ File Auction Rate Securities Claims Now, Attorney Says ]
Kansas City, MO If you had money in Auction Rate Securities and have not received a settlement, time is running out. Diane Nygaard, founder of the Nygaard Law Firm, says that now is the time to file a FINRA arbitration claim to recover money that was lost or frozen in the Auction Rate Securities market.
September 8, 2008. By Heidi Turner.
Read [ Auction Rate Securities: Arbitration is Quicker than Settlement ]
Kansas City, MO The big news in Auction Rate Securities (ARS) is that some of the financial firms, such as Citibank, Bank of America and UBS are in negotiations with regulators about payoff programs for clients who purchased auction rate securities. However, according to Diane Nygaard, founder of the Nygaard Law Firm, nothing has been finalized and no one has been paid yet.
- Companies Announce Auction Rate Securities Settlement By Heidi Turner (Aug-26-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: Remember Consequential Damages By Heidi Turner (Aug-20-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You By Heidi Turner (Aug-8-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: UBS Commits "Flagrant Breach of Trust" By Heidi Turner (Jul-25-08)
- Auction-Rate Securities: Investors Led Down the Garden Path By Gordon Gibb (Jul-16-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: "Take Prompt Action" By Heidi Turner (Jun-30-08)
- An Optimistic View on Auction Rate Securities By Julia Browne (Jun-23-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: Inside the Mind of a Conniving Trader By Gordon Gibb (Jun-14-08)
- RBC Auction Rate Securities: Canada's Largest Bank Hit with Class Action Lawsuit By Gordon Gibb (Jun-2-08)
- Auction Rate Securities: From Boom to Bust…to Broke? By Gordon Gibb (May-29-08)
- Special Needs Home Stalled By Auction-Rate Securities Failure By Julia Browne (May-21-08)
- A Ray of Hope in Auction Rate Securities - An Interview with Diane Nygaard By Julia Browne (May-10-08)
- Investors "Screwed" by Auction-rate Securities By Ginger Gillenwater (May-6-08)
- State Regulators and Attorney General Probe Banks and Brokers in Auction-Rate Securities Debacle. By Julia Browne (May-5-08)
- Broker Insists Auction-Rate Securities are Still Safe By Julia Browne (May-1-08)
- Caught with Auction Rate Securities By Julia Browne (Apr-30-08)
- Lawsuit Pending Against Wells Fargo due to Illiquidity of Securities for Investors By Delsia Hartford (Apr-26-08)
- To TD Ameritrade: "I Want My Money!" By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-21-08)
- Auction-Rate Securities: $333 Billion in Assets Frozen By Gordon Gibb (Apr-17-08)
- From Half a Million to Uncertain Worth with Auction Rate Securities By Julia Browne (Apr-16-08)
- Diane Nygaard: Battling for Investors in Auction Rate Securities By Julia Browne (Apr-11-08)
- Auction-rate Securities: What They Are, and Why You Should Call Your Lawyer By Gordon Gibb (Apr-10-08)
- Investor files lawsuit against Wells Fargo By Ginger Gillenwater (Apr-7-08)